The Akina Downhill Run

Would you consider this your best drifting to date?

Captain Trips
Sir, I recorded that video slightly drunk.

So no.

Yeah, I kinda figured something like that.

Anyway, I'm perplexed at why you found it necessary to put the ENTIRE First season Initial D intro on the vid. I can see the part of the actual show at the beginning and the end as they were relevant. But the whole intro?

Ok, I'll leave it right there since you have yet to record your drifting at your best. I find no need to comment on your technique.

Swift
Anyway, I'm perplexed at why you found it necessary to put the ENTIRE First season Initial D intro on the vid. I can see the part of the actual show at the beginning and the end as they were relevant. But the whole intro?

Prestige and artistic talent. Also, I'm setting an example as to how you do an Initial D drift vid(Toyotadrifter, I'm looking at you here).

Captain Trips
Prestige and artistic talent. Also, I'm setting an example as to how you do an Initial D drift vid(Toyotadrifter, I'm looking at you here).

Wow, you think that's prestige. Interesting. It's your vid, do what you want. :lol:

BTW, it's completely USELESS to put all that on a drift vid, but hey, do what you want. I guess that's the IDW style?

i think that was a bit too much. good concept brought out a bit too far. i sure fast forwarded through it...

Swift
BTW, it's completely USELESS to put all that on a drift vid, but hey, do what you want. I guess that's the IDW style?

Feel free to come over to the Initial D World forums and say that. But I'll answer your question here: No. It's a new, fresh style used by me.

Captain Trips

PDR did a good job with their videos, I'm not even a fan and I can say that they thought through the composition of their efforts through alot more than you did. If people wanted to see all that ID, they'd watch the anime. PDR cut back and forth from GT and ID, along with the dialog, that made for a much better feel for what they were trying to accomplish. An actual re-enactment. Your efforts are of your own discretion, but for you to say your showing PDR how to do their re-enactment series is rash. If you really wanted to press your drifting, you should've made the drifting clips the length of ID clips. From what you've been saying about the GT4 Drift forum on other forums, were you expecting a positive response to something so poorly thought out...

Droptop_Chick
PDR did a good job with their videos, I'm not even a fan and I can say that they thought through the composition of their efforts through alot more than you did. If people wanted to see all that ID, they'd watch the anime. PDR cut back and forth from GT and ID, along with the dialog, that made for a much better feel for what they were trying to accomplish. An actual re-enactment. Your efforts are of your own discretion, but for you to say your showing PDR how to do their re-enactment series is rash. If you really wanted to press your drifting, you should've made the drifting clips the length of ID clips. From what you've been saying about the GT4 Drift forum on other forums, were you expecting a positive response to something so poorly thought out...

I've been getting a positive response so far from other people and other forums so far.
Therefore, I agree completely with what you just said and apologize for my lengthy intro and brash manner. But, in retrospect, it would have been far better if the IDAS videos had more stroy to them instead of the view simply being tossed into the race. Thus, the long intro.

I would also like to point out that if you would get on Xlink and assist me I'd be able to properly remake and finish, with a master stroke, what PDR attempted. This drift vid was a reenactment of Keisuke's run down Akina before he ran into the Eight Six, explaining why there wouldn't be much drifting in it. Originally, this might have been something bigger and better, but my teammate backed out, feeling it was too much work.

Captain Trips
Feel free to come over to the Initial D World forums and say that. But I'll answer your question here: No. It's a new, fresh style used by me.

I'm as serious as I can be when I say this. But if all the videos at IDW use 4 minutes of intro from an anime that doesn't even explain the point of the particular vid, I'd be extremely surprised.

Is it a new style, sure. Fresh, debatable. But it was still really just making your video larger in time and file size. That's about it.

Droptop_Chick
Thank you DTC

Captain Trips
I've been getting a positive response so far from other people and other forums so far.
Therefore, I agree completely with what you just said and apologize for my lengthy intro and brash manner. But, in retrospect, it would have been far better if the IDAS videos had more stroy to them instead of the view simply being tossed into the race. Thus, the long intro.

I would also like to point out that if you would get on Xlink and assist me I'd be able to properly remake and finish, with a master stroke, what PDR attempted. This drift vid was a reenactment of Keisuke's run down Akina before he ran into the Eight Six, explaining why there wouldn't be much drifting in it. Originally, this might have been something bigger and better, but my teammate backed out, feeling it was too much work.
It would be more laggy but how old are you Btw?

nightkids4ever
So he is jealous of a 16 year old?

You would know by checking his profile :)

btw, Captain Trips, thats a pretty good try, but the anime intro part was indeed too lenghty, we're here for "GT4 Drifting" though, and we wanted to see videos of GT4 drift actions in it, not a bunch of anime clips.

if we want anime, we could always go someplace else, anyways, keep it up, less anime, more GT4 drifting. :)

Stanley^Carter
You would know by checking his profile :)

btw, Captain Trips, thats a pretty good try, but the anime intro part was indeed too lenghty, we're here for "GT4 Drifting" though, and we wanted to see videos of GT4 drift actions in it, not a bunch of anime clips.

if we want anime, we could always go someplace else, anyways, keep it up, less anime, more GT4 drifting. :)
I did and It says 1990?

nightkids4ever
that actually explains alot ,I thought he was 18
And all this, of course, ha nothing at all to do with the video in general.
Thanks a lot for

FS060603h.jpg

derailing my thread

Captain Trips
And all this, of course, ha nothing at all to do with the video in general.
Thanks a lot for

But a lot to do with your general demeanor on these forums. Go figure.

Swift
But a lot to do with your general demeanor on these forums. Go figure.

Make a thread for it. This isn't the "**** on Captain Trips" thread.

I know, gossiping and speading misinformation about me and general hate is everyone's favorite pastime around here, but this isn't the thread for it. :nervous:

Captain Trips
Make a thread for it. This isn't the "**** on Captain Trips" thread.

I know, gossiping and speading misinformation about me and general hate is everyone's favorite pastime around here, but this isn't the thread for it. :nervous:

uh, did you not make this thread sir? Is it not about YOUR vid. This is very much the "captain trips" thread. Now, you've been handed some critisism that's been pretty universal. Don't get mad, just change it for next time.

Swift
uh, did you not make this thread sir? Is it not about YOUR vid. This is very much the "captain trips" thread. Now, you've been handed some critisism that's been pretty universal. Don't get mad, just change it for next time.

And my age has so much to do with the video. :dunce:

Captain Trips
And my age has so much to do with the video. :dunce:

Trust me, it does. Anyway, I'm done with that line of thought.

Back