The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,598 comments
oopsiedaisy.jpg

Hate when that happens.

bad_map_projection_abs_longitude.png

It's posted as a joke, but it's accidentally very cool. It's like you're looking through a transparent Earth at locations on both sides at once.
Man, I love XKCD.

Matte Paintings from OG Star Wars films. Still blows me away when I think about it and only three painters were used for all the Matte’s

View attachment 1285303View attachment 1285304
You can see them more clearly in this UHD digital era, but back in the VHS or even DVD days, aside from theatre showings, the matte backgrounds were barely perceivable. I only knew they used them in the films because i had some behind the scenes 'making off' books which showed them being painted. They were pretty seamlessly inserted. 👍 :bowdown:

You can see them more clearly in this UHD digital era, but back in the VHS or even DVD days, aside from theatre showings, the matte backgrounds were barely perceivable. I only knew they used them in the films because i had some behind the scenes 'making off' books which showed them being painted. They were pretty seamlessly inserted. 👍 :bowdown:
I always love the time and skill people put into things like this. I know now we have digital matte’s but it’s just not the same.

IMG_0190.jpeg

I know it’s not a photo, but this is a painting, yep, not a collage of bits of paper but an actual 2D painting which looks like a collage. It’s by a Seattle artist Bill Braun.

Tam Nakano: martial artist since 3, failed J-pop idol, pro wrestler who's character at first glance is "cuteness/kawaii overload"

Also Tam Nakano:
JgGRn5Eh.jpg

(v.s Natsupoi in Stardom's first cage match, 6/26/2022)

Back