The amazing and cool video thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 3,551 comments
Is that the same kid who got the golds on the GT license tests?

A short doc about driving Ferraris in an era where the things didn't matter the same as today. This vid is downright magical.

Amazing. It's just a shame that we couldn't hear the scream of those V12's.

Is that the same kid who got the golds on the GT license tests?

Looks like it but that was GT4P which is a good 4 years ago now, I think that kid would have aged a little more :)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but it's worth a watch. I won't tell you what it is as it'll ruin the surprise;

http://jp.youtube.com/experiencewii

👍

Then below is an advertisement that was shown on UK TV a while back, the first time I saw it I just happened to be watching TV and it came on. I couldn't turn away for the full length of it, and watching it back it still hits me fairly hard. I'm not sure wether it's the acting or just the music, but see what you think;

****WARNING: CONTAINS ADULT LANGUAGE*****

Last edited:
^ Yuck. It would be just as easy to make a video of firearms saving people's lives. I hope nobody is actually influenced by sensational nonsense like that.

^ Yuck. It would be just as easy to make a video of firearms saving people's lives. I hope nobody is actually influenced by sensational nonsense like that.

Well it was an advert designed to promote a series of shows about gun crime, not the use of guns in general. I fail to see how it is 'sensational nonsense' when the UK doesn't have a right to bare arms.

Well it was an advert designed to promote a series of shows about gun crime, not the use of guns in general. I fail to see how it is 'sensational nonsense' when the UK doesn't have a right to bare arms.

It's promoting an agenda in a deceptive way.

Then below is an advertisement that was shown on UK TV a while back, the first time I saw it I just happened to be watching TV and it came on. I couldn't turn away for the full length of it, and watching it back it still hits me fairly hard. I'm not sure wether it's the acting or just the music, but see what you think;

I thought it was nearly impossible to get arms in UK. STUPID AMERICAN GOVERNMENT TEACHER!!!!!!

Hard to watch for the sheer reality of it.

A brilliant way to spread the message, but maybe a language warning is necessary?

A brilliant way to spread the message

Not really. Appealing to an emotional rather than intellectual response is one of the most base and deceptive methods used to "spread the message".

Pro-Lifers use the same technique here in America with annoying effect. They display pictures of bloody aborted fetuses in an attempt to get your emotional response to bypass your brain.

US Presidential candidates use the technique constantly. McCain will tell you that if Obama is elected, terrorists will blow up your house. Obama will tell you that if McCain is elected, anti-terrorist forces will wiretap your phones and install video cameras in your bedroom.

These are not real reasons to act, they're scare tactics designed to get you to make an emotional decision. It's an old trick, and it annoys me every time.

Want to see a more subtle attempt at getting you to use your emotions instead of your brain to make a decision? Tell me what you learn about the Acura TSX in this video:

This commercial grates on my nerves. Not that it exists, but the notion that others might actually be influenced toward buying the car based on the lack of information they give you. Again, an appeal to emotion rather than intellect.

Last edited:
:eek:

Wow thats quite an impressive engine, and rather furious driving. Great video 👍

That calculates at around 725hp at the crack assuming the transmission loss on the 4wd is at around 25%

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back