The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
So enjoyingly evil. Like usual Clarkson.
Clarkson is brilliant at delivering exposition. :D

"Some say that he is great at delivering exposition, and that you can't trust him to deliver a V8; all we know is that hes called the stig!."

Last edited:
I just realised that Merc (aside from the... different off-road mods) has seats out of a modern AMG. I get the feeling that their creations will have probably gone from being crude and 'cheap' to utterly insane yet well funded.

I think they will just stick with Clarkson, Hammond & May as the core of the title because let's be honest, that is the selling point here, not the show itself. No point trying to come up with a new name and brand for people to learn and discover.

Ah first post.

As much as I enjoyed Top Gear with Quentin and Tiff when I was small, and latterly with Hammond and May, the one constant in Top Gear for me has been Clarkson (I remember trying to win his Cosworth), so my opinion is the title will centre around him, or just simply the show will be called "Clarkson & Co do what you would do in cars if you had the money to"

I think The Clarkson, Hammond and May Show will suffice. I can also see running gags with it due to the way their names are ordered, which should be pretty funny for a bit.

...That is a surprisingly generic and safe name for a Clarkson/May/Hammond show.

The Grand Tour? TGT?

....💡

Oh, I see, it still has TG in the title...

That is a strangely boring name indeed. Might be an indication of the format though, they will literally just be touring the world each week doing stupid stuff, rather than having a UK base where most stuff is done.

They can't have the word gear in the name due to legal reasons.

Source required, sounds like nonsense to me.

EDIT: All those stories seem to come from a Clarkson tweet.

So three presenters leave the BBC, start a new car show for another channel, but can't use "Gear" in the name for legal reasons? I still say that's bollocks, it's already been done. The precedent is for blocking "Top Gear", not "* Gear *"

Last edited:
Back