The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
...Well, good riddance. At the time I thought it might be not as bad as the whole concept sounded, but after some moments of retrospection, it was a ruddy awful idea and a poorly executed one at that.

My family recently got a 4K HDR TV and I rewatched a couple episodes and wow! The show looks amazing. The colors are beautiful.

Anyone else quite excited for tomorrow?

I heard the first Episode will be the Rimac comparison test.....which includes Hammonds crash!

It was an alright episode. Couple of laughs but nothing too memorable. Definitely interested in the new Celebrity Face-Off though.

I don't know why they have gone down the same route as TG with a hard to master RWD car for the celebs to drive. With a FWD car the skill gap is reduced somewhat because the car is easy to drive fast, with a powerful RWD car you will get someone who's fairly handy behind the wheel and will go 10 seconds faster than everyone else.
It doesn't make for much of a spectacle.

I actually thought it was much better than last season. The new celebrity face off feels like old Top Gear.
So much better.

I don't know why they have gone down the same route as TG with a hard to master RWD car for the celebs to drive. With a FWD car the skill gap is reduced somewhat because the car is easy to drive fast, with a powerful RWD car you will get someone who's fairly handy behind the wheel and will go 10 seconds faster than everyone else.
It doesn't make for much of a spectacle.

I feel like it may be the AWD model? Either that or they were both able to not oversteer too much after practice.

Good fun, although the Hoff looks like a crinkled David Coulthard.

Can't wait for the Jag special either.

Last edited:
I cant believe the crash part along with the emergency responses kept in. Bit tilted after that, but glad Hammond is okay in the end.

Never realised how slow the four pot F-Types would look, although it sounds as bad as I imagined it would.

It was an alright start to the season. I watched season 24 of Top Gear before this, and it strikes a better balance for me.

Back