The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
That, for me, was the best episode of the entire show. Huracan Performante review was great, Conversation Street was car related and funny, the fuel-filling segment was a nice laugh and something very different, the Celebrity Face-Off was the best yet (mainly cause I know and like both Joshua and Goldberg) and man, that Lancia v Audi clip... amazing. Best thing I believe Clarkson has done in Top Gear/Grand Tour ever. Simply amazing and insightful to hear that story of Lancia finding every loophole in the book in order to succeed. Truly tremendous that someone can even think of some of that stuff, and how no one caught onto it. More of that kind of stuff, please.

The Lancia v Audi bit was brilliant and for me was the best segment of the series for me, I love it when they do historical stuff like that, The rest of the show was OK.

Two things, firstly I know who the women that Jeremy was talking too in the audience in relation to the handbrake turns, her name is Alana Spencer and she won the UK Apprentice in 2016. I know because....err....I watch the Apprentice, she was obviously there as a guest.

Secondly, I'm a big WWE fan so I almost exploded with excitement when they got Goldberg on!

I'm enjoying the show but I'm kinda losing interest at the same time. It doesn't have the same repeatability factor as Top Gear had. I could watch one of their Top Gear specials over and over and still laugh or still get some entertainment.

With the Grand Tour I can only watch it once and then move on. The only episode that was able to capture the same charm as Top Gear was episode 1 in season 1. Maybe that's tied into the fact that we hadn't seen the guys in a long time, and there was a great sense of anticipation.

I'll watch the new episode today and we'll see.

...That was a good episode. Funny, insightful, and slickly produced, as usual. Not sure if one could call it the best episode ever, but it certainly is right up there, especially on the strength of that Lancia 037 segment alone. I love 037 road car and it was hilarious watching and learning a bit of history I had no clue on.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure the team probably entertained the idea of turning the segment into a full-blown hour-long show in its own right. Feels like there had been a few things left untold in that story. Would've made a great documentary, methinks.

Secondly, I'm a big WWE fan so I almost exploded with excitement when they got Goldberg on!

Wait what? I might actually watch one of the celebrity segments then!

As it turns out I'm about 2 episodes behind

This episode had the Lancia 037 and Anthony Joshua in it. My second favourite car and person in the world, respectively. So I say this episode was bloody brilliant.

Finished the Jaaaag episode, and while I understand they are poking fun at Jag owners, being American I’m missing the humor behind it. In America Jag owners always seemed to be classy types, maybe a bit mature and aren’t necessarily trying to impress. But if I’m understanding correctly a British owner is a rich pilfering sleazy douche-bag? Seems odd to me. Sometimes it’s difficult to determine if they’re being facetious or exaggerating.

Finished the Jaaaag episode, and while I understand they are poking fun at Jag owners, being American I’m missing the humor behind it. In America Jag owners always seemed to be classy types, maybe a bit mature and aren’t necessarily trying to impress. But if I’m understanding correctly a British owner is a rich pilfering sleazy douche-bag? Seems odd to me. Sometimes it’s difficult to determine if they’re being facetious or exaggerating.

I'd rather be an American Jag owner then :cheers:

Very curious about this week's episode. Hammond couldn't possibly be driving an XJ13...could he?

I think it's one of the continuation xkss's. I only think that as I checked a registration of a car in the title sequence that looked far too old to have a '17' plate on it.

Haven't finished the episode quite yet but I had to pause due to laughter in the thick fog.

The Ford GT on the track I'm afraid wasn't particularly interesting but Celebrity Face-Off was enjoyable.

EDIT: Finished now, was a good episode with some laughs but I would honestly have appreciated some more time with, interestingly, the Civic Type R.

I'm not surprised though that
Hammond chickened out on the banked circuit

Last edited:
The Ford GT
I literally laughed out loud when Clarkson said "The thing is, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and McLarens are bought by posers. This... just isn't."

That'll be the Ford GT that you had to apply to buy, with the application form including a requirement for a document, image or video showing why you'd be a good Ford GT owner, and one of the key selection criteria being whether or not you were an "influencer" with an active social media presence...

Shmee150 got one. Says it all.

Agree that the last 2 episodes have been the best. Really, TGT/TG are best when they just let the cars do the talking, instead of the script.

Anyone knows how many more episodes are there? Judging from the intro at the start of each episode, I predict 2-3 left - Africa special, Raptor snow and the XJ220 vs EB110 race.

Loving that old new Top Gear is about to start another season as well. Just in time after TFT finishes :D Can't have enough motoring TV goodness.

Another good episode, when Hammond was describing how the Jag was made I just thought it was car-making at its finest. the funniest bit the doggers in the Yaris in the fog! :lol:

Agree that the last 2 episodes have been the best. Really, TGT/TG are best when they just let the cars do the talking, instead of the script.

Anyone knows how many more episodes are there? Judging from the intro at the start of each episode, I predict 2-3 left - Africa special, Raptor snow and the XJ220 vs EB110 race.

Loving that old new Top Gear is about to start another season as well. Just in time after TFT finishes :D Can't have enough motoring TV goodness.
I beleive there are 12 episodes a season, although last season there were 13 I think the two part buggy special was filmed and counted as one. Anyhoo, that gives us another 4 episodes of season 2 (5 if one is a two part special like season 1).

Last 2 episodes have been brilliant... the 037 section last week was JC at his very best, and the XK/DB this week was also very enjoyable.

It's taken a while though!

I liked the XJ220 v EB110 film. The magic was very entertaining. The boat bit was pretty fun too.

I think the classic car direction is a very good idea.

The Jag & Bugatti item was very welcome. Too bad the track was so wet when they posted times though, it's not much of a level playing field to say the least, though I might be kidding myself that they would perform much better otherwise. I hope Clarkson was including the oft-overlooked Noble M600 when he said only 3 current cars can go faster than 217 :)

Edit: I guess not, though the LaFerrari, P1 and 918 all supposedly reach 217, then you have the Chiron, Huayra, Regera and (arguably) the Venom. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Back