The Amuse Carbon R is a $1m Piece of Gran Turismo Lore You Can Buy Right Now

tenor.gif

How fast do you reckon that beast could lap the Nordschleife? I'd say sub 7 minutes, considering it trouced the 20-year younger GT-R NISMO round Tsukuba.

Absolutely mad car. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had the cash :D

I will not comment over this car, nostalgic GT4 (and GT6) moments, drift times at Tsukuba lobbies, etc...
:ouch: I comment...

Ratio weight/power and FR traction made this car a real beast on 550pp lobbies.

I mean, it's a piece of GT history, but it is not worth $1mil. Personally, I think a bone-stock, low-mile GT-R R34 is worth more than this.

Loved this car on night maps, no headlights or running tails so you could be completely invisible with the driving line on.

Guess new underwear will have to wait.

In all seriousness, why is the fuel tank so small? Shouldn't the difference in weight be practically negligible once you put fuel in it?
Using 112-octane Sunoco Supreme as an example, it looks like that tank would come out to about 14.25kg at capacity.

If the aim is to lap a short track as quickly as possible, why have more weight than is necessary?

Pretty sure I saw a photo on a web site a few years ago showing this car in pieces and under dust in the Amuse shop, they had moved on to the S2000 version, which was also a boss Gran Turismo GT5/ 6 car,. Someone decided to recreate it for a few dollars more.

I mean, it's expensive, but "just a modded GT-R" as someone said above is a bit unfair.

Every body panel is custom, full carbon-fiber, the stuff is not cheap and it must have been incredibly expensive to engineer. Throw in the fact it's totally unique and relatively well known and yeah, seven figures becomes pretty realistic. There are some serious collectors out there.

I mean, it's expensive, but "just a modded GT-R" as someone said above is a bit unfair.

Every body panel is custom, full carbon-fiber, the stuff is not cheap and it must have been incredibly expensive to engineer. Throw in the fact it's totally unique and relatively well known and yeah, seven figures becomes pretty realistic. There are some serious collectors out there.
Yeah, and also factor in that this isn't a showroom queen that never moved under its own power. It's a functional, record-holding showcase of the company's tuning capability at the time, "functional" being the key word. There's also the fact that it set its lap time on road legal tires, as per time attack rules.

I don't know if it's actually asking $1 million because the seller may be using a tactic I've commonly seen on these sites; put the car at the website's max. price to filter it towards the top when people click, "Price by High".

That being said, I think this is easily a $500,000 car. I believe this car probably has some sort of cemented place in Skyline history (outside of Gran Turismo) as the "carbon-body R34" that contributes to its value along with its rarity, craftsmanship, & race history (that built said place). Not to mention it's also one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities b/c it will likely not be back on the market for a long time; it takes a specific buyer for this kind of car, someone who knows exactly what it is and will want it for those reasons, not a "for-profit-only" flipper.

It is a bit surprising given these are such unknown cars (in general), that there's still enough of a reputation behind them to drive their values despite being modified examples. For reference, here's a couple modded Skylines that have sold at a high-end auction in Japan in the last couple years. I don't know anything about these cars or have ever heard of them but 1 apparently has a Tsukuba lap record time from 1995 & the other is a 1 of 10 car based on another well known car from HKS history. But these seem like impressive values given they're R32/R33s that are unheard of, but have a reputable name & some history behind them:
- 1995 HKS T-002 / Record Breaker (R33): $113,000.
- 2006 HKS Zero-R Edition 3 (R32): $150,000.

Taking into account this is also a high end R34, these examples seem to be doing pretty well. A Nismo R-Tune moved at $245,000 in the UK a few years back, and 2 Nur editions moved at $244,000 & $330,000 in the last 2 years at a Tokyo auction; the latter was a 10km car, to be fair. There's a M-Spec currently at $110,000, along with 2 more V-Spec II Nurs asking around $150,000 a piece, both with some actual mileage behind them, all 3 in the UK. Again, don't know if it's actually a million dollar car (like maybe the Z-Tunes have supposedly managed), but it definitely has all the additives to push it up there, imo.

Damn it looks like the seller either decided to keep it, or the car found a buyer because the listing is no longer available.

Back