The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Oh god...

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 315 comments
England
Bromley
V16T91
E0nLeader
WARNING! The following post contains excessive ranting and may almost certainly definitely surely must has to cause some upsetting with some people.

OK...I've had it. I have had it with this car. I can now finally come to the conclusion that perhaps the worst car in GT5 is this...

Superspeedway-Daytona-3-1.jpg

The Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.

Now you may be thinking "What?! How is this super mega really fast thing the worst car in GT5 OMG OMG OMG". But actually, I have many, many reasons why I consider this to be the worst (or at least my least favourite) car in the game.

Firstly. Its looks. Seriously, I know PD designed the actual bodykit, but seriously...what is this?!

Superspeedway-Daytona_1-1-1.jpg

The front end looks like it's been on steroids (which is essentially what this car is - on steroids) and the rear end looks like parts added on to make it look like a square. And that wing...seriously, what the 🤬?! That wing is probably the size of Japan itself!

The interior doesn't help either. All it is is a jacked up S2000's interior...painted in a really annoying red. And when you try to look back in that view...you see the giant wing on the back blocking your way! Ridiculous!

Secondly, I'd like to bring you onto the most annoying part of this car. The way the AI performs with it. You heard that correctly, the way the AI performs with it.

There are 3 very good examples I rest my case on. Firstly, in Arcade Mode. You're looking for a good race by getting out a Super GT - any Super GT - and taking it to Daytona Superspeedway for a fast race. Unfortunately, the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up and, since its top speed is higher, runs away from you laughing.

The second example is general Arcade Mode races. Say you wanna drive a Mine's Skyline around any track - any track, so you can have a good race with other equally matched tuners. But then the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up - twice - and, since it destroys you in every aspect, it runs away from you laughing. Well, unless you're the Zonda R, but that's really out of place. :lol:

The last example is in the GT Mode events it appears in. That's the Tuning Car Championship, the Nurburging 4h and the Tsukuba 9h. If you're looking for a fair matchup in these events, and the S2000 GT1 Turbo pops up in any of them, expect it to stalk you around the track until you make a mistake and it runs away from you laughing.

...Yeah, the AI treats the S2000 GT1 Turbo like it's a god.

Thirdly, its stats and technology. This thing has 627hp, weighs 1120kg, has downforce, 7-speed gearbox (not adjustable from the start thankfully), and a fully customizable LSD and suspension to start. Essentially, this thing can win anything it enters in. How noobish.

Fourthly, its sound. What were Amuse thinking when they made the exhaust to the engine and what were PD thinking when they programmed in its sound? It sounds like a frog being tortured. And this thing probably could torture some frogs as well.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, I have a tale to tell you. Which includes all different kinds of problems with this car.

I decided to somehow pluck up the courage to buy this car. It costs 250,000 Cr. Cheap, you say! Nooby, I say. Then you get to the colour selection. Who could possibly want this thing in Lime Green Metallic?! I bought mine in that colour anyway, as an insult to this car. With a gun to my head and my breath being held, I bought the car. I decided to get into it and test its engine sound. And when I did get into it, the engine sound was...

...laughable. Seriously, for a car with 600bhp+, I wouldn't expect such a weak engine sound. What it should sound like is the end of the world. Or a frog being tortured. Either way...

I checked the settings to find a rather unusual...lack of max downforce. It would only get to 20/45, which considering its looks is far too low. I didn't set it to the max downforce so I could test it in its completely stock form.

I decided to customize the car at GT Auto, and I painted it in a terrible Gold Metallic to represent its slag-like looks. I also bought new wheels to make it look...golder. Yep.

And so, I took it for a test on the Nurburgring GP/F circuit. At first, I tested it with the default settings that you would start the game with - TCS 5, ASM and SRF On, ABS 1 and Steering Sensitivity 0. I had heard people say that the handling on this car was very good. However, I was testing it stock (Sports Softs), so I didn't know what to expect. And what I did get was...

...understeer. Not a whole lot, but understeer none the less. However, on some turns, when the understeer was occuring, it would suddenly start steering dramaticaly and then just stopping. It was essentially, not good handling.

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7. And then it got worse.

Instead of understeer, I got drifting, which was absolutely uncontrollable and ended with me in a wall. When I wasn't drifting...I was still understeering. Then when I came out of the corner I got wheelspin and it drifted out of the corner. Essentially, what this made it was a ricer with ridiculous looks, ridiculous modifications, ridiculous handling and ridiculous, unnecessary amounts of power.

So, essentially I had confirmed what I had already thought of - the S2000 GT1 Turbo is the worst car in the game.

However, there was still one thing left to do...

Superspeedway-Daytona_2-1-1.jpg

...this. :)

Superspeedway-Daytona_3-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_4-1-1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_5-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy playing your GT5 game, and hope you don't enjoy using this horrid-looking frog-sounding bad-handling over-powered AI-worshipped 🤬 of a car. Unless you're the GT5 AI. In which case I hope you enjoy winning all the time against our wishes.

Peace.

C-ZETA

PS. Sorry to any mods if this broke any rules. Feel free to edit post, close thread or ban me where necessary. ;)

I have to admit, I was surprised with the handling of the S2000 GT1 (the non-turbo one).

After some of the other tuned S2000's (Mugen, R1, etc), it felt too stiff and difficult to turn in.

So I left the GT1 Turbo alone, looks like I made the right choice :P

I've seen some people put in fast times with it, but it's not for me.

This is one of my favorite cars. Now I cannot have you on my friends list anymore after seeing what you've done to this amazing car :D

And by the way, I bought my first one in Lime Green Metallic, just to make it even worse, lol. Now it's Silver Chrome.

YAY YAY oh yeahhhhh. He - can - go - all - the - SPLAT! 👎

Ermm...what?

This is one of my favorite cars. Now I cannot have you on my friends list anymore after seeing what you've done to this amazing car :D

:guilty: This is my opinion, not yours. So have your say but just don't go insane at me :boggled:

Upsetting? I found it quite Amusing...

:lol: I am Amused.

It must have taken days to write. :scared:

I actually only really wrote this in one day.

I'm not going insane, I thought the smiley would hint you ;)

I'll go and wreck a Cizeta V16T now, lol :D To cure myself ;)

I knew that you weren't going insane, it was more a message to others than you ;)

Also there's stuff out there I like more than the V16T but still...

Don't shoot me :D but I actually really like the s2000 GT1.

After a lot of tweaking i have got this car to do what I want and it has some nice power when I need it.

I have completed 3 Endurance A-Spec races in this car and its well balanced if you tweak it's settings and performs well.

I agree the exhaust note is a joke :yuck:

NO!!!!! HOW COULD YOU DO IT TO THAT CAR?!?!?!? OF ALL THE CARS IN THE GAME?!?! I'm kidding, but if you don't like the noise it makes, just mute the TV…not that hard is it? And as for the car itself, I don't understand what you don't like about it, even after reading your MASSIVE rant (honestly, I've had a friend rant at me for 30 minutes non-stop, but that's nothing compared to this). Yea it sounds crap, but isn't that how most cars sound like in GT5? And I don't actually mind how it handles, in fact, I think it handles great…and ricer? A ricer is a car with an exhaust the size of the channel tunnel, has next to no power at all and can be blown away on a track by a Fiat 500 (ok, maybe not, but you get my point, beaten by less showy cars). And the wing is there for a reason, to push the back down, not to act as a picnic table for you to have your lunch on, it has a purpose.
Oh wait…did I just do my own little rant as well? Oh well…and yes, I LOVE THIS CAR!!! :D

:lol: This is a great thread, very funny. At least you substantiated your hatred and tried to tune and tame it before slamming it.

I agree about it's handling compared to other tuned S2000s, it all seems just too much for the chassis. I much prefer the AEM version - even tuned it's a delight to throw around.

I don't mind the looks. It's like an 80's bodykit slapped on a DTM. I was always a sucker for the R30 Silhouette from GT2 (or was it GT3), which its style reminds me of.

Could we have another of your critiques sometime in the future? Perhaps they could become a regular feature in the Gran Turismo Magazine! 👍

Don't shoot me :D

I agree the exhaust note is a joke :yuck:

Yeah, of course I wouldn't shoot you through the computer.

Also, a quick note, this has nothing to do with my opinion with the standard S2000 GT1 (without Turbo in its name). That thing is still powerful but it isn't a complete AI winning package and it's harder to find.

Also I forgot to mention that because of the S2000 GT1 Turbo's lower price it has a not great selling price. You can't sell Super GT's, but even still this car could have a better selling price.

You're funny, you should test more cars and write about it!!

It's just not your car...
Just like the McLaren F1 isn't mine, yet everyone else seems to worship it.

Shame your tune shop doesn't do requests, or I'd instantly request this car to be done, just to further irritate you :D

Agreed. Mine's the Tommy Kaira ZZII '00, which has had threads written about how wonderful it is. Just don't get it I'm afraid.

NO!!!!! HOW COULD YOU DO IT TO THAT CAR?!?!?!? OF ALL THE CARS IN THE GAME?!?! I'm kidding, but if you don't like the noise it makes, just mute the TV…not that hard is it? And as for the car itself, I don't understand what you don't like about it, even after reading your MASSIVE rant (honestly, I've had a friend rant at me for 30 minutes non-stop, but that's nothing compared to this). Yea it sounds crap, but isn't that how most cars sound like in GT5? And I don't actually mind how it handles, in fact, I think it handles great…and ricer? A ricer is a car with an exhaust the size of the channel tunnel, has next to no power at all and can be blown away on a track by a Fiat 500 (ok, maybe not, but you get my point, beaten by less showy cars). And the wing is there for a reason, to push the back down, not to act as a picnic table for you to have your lunch on, it has a purpose.
Oh wait…did I just do my own little rant as well? Oh well…and yes, I LOVE THIS CAR!!! :D

Firstly, no game is right without sound unless I'm talking to friends on Skype and I need to turn it down. Secondly, I can name plenty of epic sounding cars in this game. 787B, Mark IV, Murcielago LP670-4 stock, Impreza's with racing exhaust and the V16T of course. And I think it looks like a ricer anyway...and my Golf I GTI ricer is fully modded. And you ranted against my rant. :D Have your say though, everyone has a different opinion.

:lol: This is a great thread, very funny. At least you substantiated your hatred and tried to tune and tame it before slamming it.

I agree about it's handling compared to other tuned S2000s, it all seems just too much for the chassis. I much prefer the AEM version - even tuned it's a delight to throw around.

I don't mind the looks. It's like an 80's bodykit slapped on a DTM. I was always a sucker for the R30 Silhouette from GT2 (or was it GT3), which its style reminds me of.

Could we have another of your critiques sometime in the future? Perhaps they could become a regular feature in the Gran Turismo Magazine! 👍

It was only truly released when I tried it for the first time today. And yes, even the AEM handles better than this thing. Of the many tuned S2000's in this game this is easily the worst. The S2000 Street Version and the Spoon versions are very simple, the Mugen and the S2000 R1 are faster but still relatively simple, the Opera is quirky but still very fast, and the S2000 GT1 (standard) was controllable but still pretty fast.

And how does that even look remotely 80's?! If it was from the 80's it would be properly blocky. And the R30 Silhouette was from GT2 and very crazy. :D

I tried submitting an article to the magazine with a review for the awesome Alfa Giulia TZ2 (which is the opposite of this. :D) but Schwadegan didn't get it even though I sent it twice. Although car heaven and car hell articles would be good. If I could fit both of them in one article. :boggled:

You're funny, you should test more cars and write about it!!

I don't think I'm as serious as I thought. Not that I care! :lol:

Shame your tune shop doesn't do requests, or I'd instantly request this car to be done, just to further irritate you :D

I'd be up for a max power limited, fully ballasted one. :D

Agreed. Mine's the Tommy Kaira ZZII '00, which has had threads written about how wonderful it is. Just don't get it I'm afraid.

It's performance for a cheap price. And it's actually good with a good setup. I've kept mine stock largely and it does understeer quite a lot but it's still an enjoyable car for me.

It can be a very skittish car. I remember in Prologue, the slightest tap would send it spinning.

PD didn't design the bodykit, its real.

I know it's real, but in the description it says the looks of the bodykit was done by the assistance of Polyphony Digital. Unless I'm thinking of something else :boggled:

I'd be up for a max power limited, fully ballasted one. :D

I'd prefer a tune for it on comfort hard and minimum downforce :D It'll take your hatred of this car onto a different level…for now though, wheres my V16…it's time it met its maker :mischievous:

I'd prefer a tune for it on comfort hard and minimum downforce :D It'll take your hatred of this car onto a different level…for now though, wheres my V16…it's time it met its maker :mischievous:

That would make the most uncontrollable drift machine...in the world (besides which the AEM fulfills that role perfectly). And, I say again...

After that, I went and tried it with my preferred settings, TCS 1, ABS 1, everything else off and Steering Sensitivity to 7. And then it got worse.

That is your problem right there mate, not necessarily the car.

kidovey
That is your problem right there mate, not necessarily the car.

I keep TCS on to prevent wheelspin. Turning TCS off in the Amuse would be like killing myself. Turning off aids is always faster otherwise and Sensitivity 7 gives me as a DS3 user more of a chance.

Lambob
I find this thread totally Amuse-ing

More bad puns :lol:

I wasnt having a go, but I find this car incredibly driveable with all aids off (except abs:1), bearing in mind its got 600bhp+ and its short wheelbase ths car is incredibly scary to drive flat out (especially on the north loop), with some good suspension settings it can be tamed though... sorta lol

Chuckling my head off . . . know how you feel. Beware someone doesn't inform the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Cars . . .

And yes, please - more reviews! LOL!

indeed it is a bit of a nervous car, but when i join online nurburgring races set to 600pp, it is one of the fastest, and keeping up!

Back