The answer to "What's the best car"

• Thread starter Jaster83
  • 282 comments
IN MY OPINION THE TOMY CAIRA ZZ II IS THE BEST CAR YOU CAN RACE WITH . I ENJOY EVERY COURSE DRIVEN WITH THIS BEAUTY AND I THINK THIS CAR IS THE BEST CAR IN THE WHOLE GAME. IF YUO KNOW HOW TO TUNE HER YOU WILL DISCOVER A CAR THAT CAN BE DRIVEN AS EASY AS A FF CAR, EXCEPT THE FACT THAT THIS ONE CAN HAVE 936 B.HP ! HAVE FUN WITH HER :sly:

OUCH!!!! :ouch: my EARS!

Polyphony F1? Surely that must be the best. Anyways i know what the fastest is, Must be the Escudo Pikes Peak Version with a stage 4 turbo, 1700bhp lolz

Polyphony F1? Surely that must be the best.

It's not terribly good in the Yaris races, the FR series, Race of Turbo Sports, any of the rally races - and so on.

The purpose of this thread was to point out that there isn't a "best" car. Yes, if you want to get round a tarmac track the fastest, one of the F1s will do it - unless it's Test Course where, as you point out, the Escudo is the car of choice. But that doesn't make either of them "best".

oh i see your trying to point out there isnt a best. which is half true i guess. but i still think f1 for complex tracks and escudo 1700bhp for ovals

oh i see your trying to point out there isnt a best. which is half true i guess. but i still think f1 for complex tracks and escudo 1700bhp for ovals

Well, fastest, certainly. And if you equate best with fastest, then yes. But I would equate best with most enjoyable and, fast and grippy though the F1s are, I don't particularly enjoy using them (not to say I hate using them, but I find other options to be more fun) - and that's what post #1 in this thread is all about.

If I may chime in. :D I agree. There isn't a "best" car. There isn't a "best" Gran Turismo game (GT2 for instance has some cool features & lots of cars & tracks not found in GT3. GT3 has some cool things not found in GT4. etc etc). To say this car is the best is merely to state a personal opinion, which others will disagree with.

Again, there is no best car. Go take a drive in a variety of cars, learn their faults and their pluses...bla bla bla.

Last edited:
My FAVOURITE cars. Not necessarily the best cars are the JGTC NSX's. When you chuck a stage 4 turbo and do the GT All Stars you can flog an R390 around any track (Apart from long roundish tracks). They handle so well around tight tracks and have looks to die for. Personally i'm an ARTA and RAYBRIG fan. But like i said they're not the best cars.

The MR racecars (GT40, R390, 787B, etc) turn with the accelerator -- you need to brake real early and power out of the turns to stay on track and be fast. (I've also found it helpful to have a higher spring rate and stabilizer setting on the rear axle since these cars carry more weight in the back.) The 4WD racecars need a steady and moderate throttle application through the turns, this allows the tires a balance of turning grip and acceleration grip for best handling. The FR racecars, they just need a proper racing line. Only my opinion as an experienced GT racer.

On the original topic, my favorites are the GT40 racecar, the Denso Sard Supra (with medium turbo), the Loctite Zexel Skyline, the Tuscan Speed 6 (for some reason...?) and the F1 cars are hellacious and also good for developing driver skill. The Vertigo looks good on paper but is maddening to drive.

Back