The answer to "What's the best car"

• Thread starter Jaster83
  • 282 comments
the car I consistantly have the most fun with is a tie between the GTR LM (rear drive only) and the castrol tom's supra. Best overall is hard to say. There is a best car in every category, but no end all best car. For small sports cars I like the Silvia Spec-R Aero, for pacific muscle cars its a tie between skyline and supra, for american muscle I like the viper for more straight line and for its great oversteer, but the Corvette for its quick turning and weight balence. Race cars it depends on how I feel like driving at the time. You have the garage room, so you might as well make full use of it.
FF cars I just can't stand for long periods of time.

Oh no, I'm WELL off-topic. But since this topic was answered by the thread starter in the very first post, there really isn't much point staying ON topic :D

Apart from your FF PoV, I like your choices... Very cultured tastes :D

Thank you sir.

Well my tastes come from real life driving experience I work with a local newspaper occasionally. I get invited to the yearly Benz events, BMW events. Where you get to compare brands cars and drive almost the full line up of the cars. My Uncle collects Porsches and when I visit in the summer for about a month I get to use one of his cars :) . Last summer it was his 1989 911 Targa I got to drive. OH MAN is it nice. There is nothing else like driving a Porsche, the way the car comes around is truly unique. The F355 I got to drive was sweet, but the Porsche just felt right. Its hard to describe. Both cars are wholly exhilarating to drive though. My FAVORITE car to drive is a Supra. I am about to get a 1989 MK III TT if everything goes as planned with totaling out my old car.
All in all I can say the GT series does a pretty good job of translating a car's performance. Project Gotham 2 is very good as well, just power steer seems to be a concept that was moot to the designers, one should not have to e-brake a car so much to get proper slides.

Originally posted by racerD
the car that i think is the overall best is prob the the r33 skyline one bc the atesa ets pro engine is a monster
Or you could take the R34 V-Spec or V2 both of which have more torque which is just as important as outright power (also the engine is 100cc bigger)

Originally posted by Shinez
Actually..The best car COULDN'T be a Skyline simply because they didn't incorperate the AWS into the car..could have been alot better if they had...too bad though...Same could be said for the 300zx and the 3000gt/Vr-4/GTO etc etc....
"Best" car would no doubt be an F1 simply because it makes short work of almost any other vehicles in the game.....But if you mean Legitament car..I'd have to say The R390
Sorry but Im sure the 300ZX isnt AWD!!!

Originally posted by ValdiviRACER
my first post :)

my opinion on this..
based on pure power, its easy to say that the Speed12 wipes out everyone! with a v12 engine, pure 800HP, and 650 pounds of torque, the viper cant even touch this. As for an all around car, my favorites are:
-Viper GTSR Team ORECA: its american ;) it has more HP than the corvette C5R, super quick and great steering ability, also its sexy.

-Corvette C5R- another american muscle car, 620 HP and 500 Pounds of torque, sexier than the viper, but not as fast.

-GTR-1 From the States once again, this sexy beast can rip thru the asphault!! super fast and the best at turning and steering ability, its backed by LOTS of hp, not sure how much though, im guessing along the 600-650 hp range.

In real life the 12 speed has 1000+ hp and more talk than you can poke several sticks at. Shocks so hard and wheels so big you can actually get the power down and that thing out accelerates an F1 (better power to weight and less downforce) Now come back when one of you american cars can out perform that, oh and you Japanese fans too, anyone who can show me a non-drag car that goes from 0-100 (62mph) in 2 secs and I'll be ****ing amazed.

Originally posted by Crayola
In real life the 12 speed has 1000+ hp and more talk than you can poke several sticks at. Shocks so hard and wheels so big you can actually get the power down and that thing out accelerates an F1 (better power to weight and less downforce) Now come back when one of you american cars can out perform that, oh and you Japanese fans too, anyone who can show me a non-drag car that goes from 0-100 (62mph) in 2 secs and I'll be ****ing amazed.

TVR estimated the 0-62mph time at 3.0s, but no-one was brave enough to try it.

For production road cars, the record was, briefly in 1994, held by the McLaren F1 (British) at 3.2s, beaten two weeks later by the Ford RS200 Evo (British) at 3.06s. The next potential challenger is the Tiger Z100 (British) which has been clocked at 2.8s, but isn't around in sufficient numbers to qualify as "production" yet. The Speed 12 will never make full production - it's an order only car.

There is no given figure for the horsepower of the TVR Speed 12. They estimated 800hp at wheel, and the engine broke a dynomometer claimed to have a maximum tolerance of 1000hp.

And A_Car - the McLaren F1 GTR BMW/Fina is in GT4 Prologue, and will probably therefore be in GT4.

Originally posted by daan
Altogether now, There is no best car!! [/B]
I believe I said something along the lines of this a few pages ago...

And it was also stated in the very first post. And no-one paid the slightest bit of attention then either. :D

Originally posted by Crayola
anyone who can show me a non-drag car that goes from 0-100 (62mph) in 2 secs and I'll be ****ing amazed.

Well, the is the road legal 1994 SVT Mustang 10.0L Boss.

Strictly speaking, It's not a dragster. It has 855hp and does 0-62 in 1.9 seconds. So there.
boss-6.jpg

And if you don't believe me, click here

that 0-100 in 2 seconds is called a paper time, given power to weight and no other factors, it exists only on a calculator. and if you were informed you would know about the venom vipers that can perform as well. If you are trying to tell me a suspension alone can keep the tires on the ground than I am afraid you don't know much about cars. An old 240 Z with 450 RWHP has trouble getting traction with 10 inch wide tires so a speed 12 with 1000 (AT THE CRANK mind you) would be hard pressed to get grip without anything short of drag tires. TVR's highest WHP car is something that will never reach production (see july 2003 TopGear Mag) which consists of two straight 6s formed into a v12, it had over 1000 WHP and broke a street car dyno, and is stated as not being able to attain grip in road tests.

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
You've just got to smile and nod in situations like this.

attachment.php

Maybe we should put one of these at the top of each page?

THIS CAN ALL BE SUMMED UP IN ONE SIMPLE QUOTE FROM A VERY FAMOUS PERSON!

"Man Made it, so man can make it better!"

IN OTHER WORDS THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING BETTER OUT THERE!

Like, "When God created snails, he needed somethnig to beat them up, so he made slugs."
From the Gospel of Ultrabeat, 13-8-4

msn 1 time the mods block me for no reason now they close my threads whats wrong with this forum.
my favorite car is the skyline

Attachments

• 57697587hlgfld_ph.jpg
    57697587hlgfld_ph.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 35
Perhaps it's because you think you own everyone?
I doubt you do. Sincerely.

Nice pic by the way. The blitz is the best skyline by far IMO.

And which one... :D There's about 50 cars you can apply the name "Skyline" to (and most of them are in GT3 :D)...

I like the skylines GTR the last 1 and i likt the nismo skyline the silver and blue 1 but if i want speeed i chooose the red f1 i got i have like 10f1's

Latest Posts

Back