The Ball Review

• Thread starter Matej
  • 62 comments
I'm given to understand that some balls are fuzzy and get bashed back and forth amid heavy grunting...

Who doesn't like seeing an oiled up banana relaxing in a hammock on the beach?
ndr-patrick-tay-dig-ear.gif

A note to swingers: How you address a ball is very important.

Keep that in mind the next time you approach one.

EDIT:
'Hellooooo baaall!' may not always work:

Obviously addressing the target will help you score. :)

Last edited:
I was today contemplating the roundness of a ping pong ball and admiring its efficient shape. Balls (shpears) are infinite-sided shapes, although the side is only 1 in common terms.

Also, you’d be hard pressed to find a dog or cat that doesn’t like a ball, so let that speak for itself about the amazing nature of balls.

Balls (shpears) are infinite-sided shapes, although the side is only 1 in common terms.
Unless you have a line that goes around the ball and makes it seem as it has two sides. :sly:

They knew balls would be awesome when they invented the wheel. When you think about it, that's why we have sports today.

Only if it’s hollow.
Disagree. A ball, regardless of whether it's solid or hollow, has an inside. The inside of a solid ball can be of similar composition to the outside or it can be of mixed material. Some balls, such as the at one time complete bocce ball that suffered a failure pictured below, have other balls--either in part or whole--inside of them.

zBu3vqB.jpg

Here I am, in a thread where people are actively talking about balls.

There has to be an AUP violation somewhere... :lol:

Disagree. A ball, regardless of whether it's solid or hollow, has an inside. The inside of a solid ball can be of similar composition to the outside or it can be of mixed material. Some balls, such as the at one time complete bocce ball that suffered a failure pictured below, have other balls--either in part or whole--inside of them.

zBu3vqB.jpg

Ballception!

But to see that inner part of the ball, you have to get there by force, and that doesn't count. It's like saying cube has 7 sides because someone lifted one side and formed a 90 degree angle from it.

But to see that inner part of the ball, you have to get there by force, and that doesn't count. It's like saying cube has 7 sides because someone lifted one side and formed a 90 degree angle from it.
:odd:

So...in order for a ball to have an inside in addition to the outside, that inside has to be seen? And since seeing the inside requires force being exerted on it, therefor [presumably] rendering it no longer a ball, a ball can't have an inside?

I-I don't know if that's what you're getting at, but it makes one think of the proverbial tree falling in the forest without being heard and whether it actually fell or not.

So...in order for a ball to have an inside in addition to the outside, that inside has to be seen? And since seeing the inside requires force being exerted on it, therefor [presumably] rendering it no longer a ball, a ball can't have an inside?
We were discussing sides. You said two sides - inside and outside. Every ball has its own inside, but that inside can't be its side. At least not by common definition, by which that inner side cannot be normally perceived. But that all depends on how you define side. Your statement is both right and wrong, actually.

Damn, balls are so deep.

We were discussing sides. You said two sides - inside and outside. Every ball has its own inside, but that inside can't be its side. At least not by common definition, by which that inner side cannot be normally perceived. But that all depends on how you define side.
Ah, yeah, it started out as a joke inspired by another* and I just ran with it--and then it ran away. Really, neither the inside nor the outside are sides as we normally think of them, and therein lies the joke.

"Which side of a chicken has the most feathers?"

"The outside!"

I had a philosophy professor with a sense of humor. Another of his jokes:

"What's brown and sticky?"

"A stick!

Your statement is both right and wrong, actually.
Absurd logic.

Damn, balls are so deep.
Unless they float.

:sly:

The earth is a ball.
But I thought the Earth was flat. :odd:

Ah, yeah, it started out as a joke inspired by another* and I just ran with it--and then it ran away. Really, neither the inside nor the outside are sides as we normally think of them, and therein lies the joke.
No worries, balls do that to us. @photonrider warned us about it:
People would take sides.

Absurd logic.
Not when it's true. :sly:

Back