Ben Affleck's The Batman (Up 1: Matt Reeves as Director)Movies 

I don't know why they keep rebooting all these superhero movies. Beating a dead horse imo. As for Affleck, I like a lot of his movies. He is a great actor AND director, and I think he really undersells himself.

I don't know why they keep rebooting all these superhero movies.
Nolan did it because the franchise was a joke after Joel Schumacher was done with it.

Snyder did it to move the franchise away from Nolan's vision and to bring the films in line with DC's expanded universe.

It's happening again because audiences and critics didn't take to Snyder's films particularly well.

I don't know why they keep rebooting all these superhero movies.

...The reason? That's a simple one:

8a342a2cce7f13cb24b1477ddc5d93fd.jpg

I don't really see how money justifies a reboot. It means starting over from scratch.

....It was done as a jest, but since you insist....

If you take the money out of the equation, do you honestly believe that the studio execs would reboot a dying/long-dead/dormant franchise for the sake of telling a "new" story? Movie making is a business, not a charity to keep the audience entertained - that is simply a part of the end result.

So, yes, making money is a big factor. If the suits feel that there's a plenty of milking left for the franchise, then they will milk it. But that can't be done if the said franchise has been tainted by bad reputations, fatigue from overexposure, and cheapening of the material by "branching out" to other sources of revenue and therefore losing the core fanbase.

Hence, the soft/hard (where applicable) reboot. I'm too jaded to see these matters as something done with an altruistic heart by the rights holders.

Back