The best graphics

• Thread starter SONY_55
  • 104 comments
There is no need for that kind of comparisions. You can easly see on available screenshots that Forza3 cars are not as much detailed and accurate (wipers, brake callipers on wrong sides etc.) as those from GT5P.

Exactly x10:)

And yes, I have now cancelled Forza 3.

I would say this belongs here:
34405352.jpg

So the BMW isnt the only car where you can read what headlights are build in. lol

Holy cow! haven´t take a look in the GT5P (how can I call that now? :D, I call it thread) for a while now... But that pictures kicks really ass... Amazing!

It is stunning and very close to perfection.
As a pixel whore myself ( :dopey: ) I can really appriciate this level of detail displayed 👍

I already explained myself to family / girlfriend / friends, that from Dec. 1 st (or whenever GT5 will hit the stores) i will be officially life less :D

Chris

:lol: i need to do that also... :lol: i'll blow my eyes playing that for an year non-stop... :dopey:

^I think yours look great. Maybe the camera a bit closer to the TV to eliminate the problem with pixels distorting each other (you know what I mean... taking a pixelated picture of a picture with pixels means some pixels on the thing that you are taking the picture of are moved, reshaped, and left out... that was a lot more complicated than I had intended).

I understood why his picture has that light. It's becawse he is covered by the tunnel's shadow)) I made another photo inside the shadow, those models are very impressive!

Last edited:
This level of details is stunning, however, in the development industry there is always a big trade-offs between the development, one thing is always come instead of the other.
As for me, I would prefer to see some (or better be all) of the following:
1) Better AI - not always on the right line, be more like a real-driver and not a robot (offense/defense driving etc.)
2) Better physics - cars spins, driving off road (minimum car control so no shortcuts could be done), better collision
3) Damage (we did saw some of it in the E3 trailer)
4) More features - Leagues, Car Paint shop and maybe Track editor.

I'm not underestimating the work has been done, this is of course the more perfect model that a car could be (I think) but of the following:
a) All this level of details is probably rendered for every car on the track - this means a lot of CPU is "waste" over calculations which you don't actually see while you are driving
b) Assuming it takes 6 months to model a car (KY said it before), then I would assume that at least 1 month out of the 6 is to make those small details.
Now if there is around 800 cars in the game, then it means that 800 months (or around 67 MAN-YEARS) of work were invested only on this.
Most GT fans are like to drive, so maybe 20% (or less) would use the photomode in such detail that they will actually see the investment and will say "wow" - do you think that is really worth it? :indiff:

All this level of details is probably rendered for every car on the track - this means a lot of CPU is "waste" over calculations which you don't actually see while you are driving
No, this is where the LOD effect is used.
do you think that is really worth it?
Hell yes!

This level of details is stunning, however, in the development industry there is always a big trade-offs between the development, one thing is always come instead of the other.
As for me, I would prefer to see some (or better be all) of the following:
1) Better AI - not always on the right line, be more like a real-driver and not a robot (offense/defense driving etc.)
2) Better physics - cars spins, driving off road (minimum car control so no shortcuts could be done), better collision
3) Damage (we did saw some of it in the E3 trailer)
4) More features - Leagues, Car Paint shop and maybe Track editor.

I'm not underestimating the work has been done, this is of course the more perfect model that a car could be (I think) but of the following:
a) All this level of details is probably rendered for every car on the track - this means a lot of CPU is "waste" over calculations which you don't actually see while you are driving
b) Assuming it takes 6 months to model a car (KY said it before), then I would assume that at least 1 month out of the 6 is to make those small details.
Now if there is around 800 cars in the game, then it means that 800 months (or around 67 MAN-YEARS) of work were invested only on this.
Most GT fans are like to drive, so maybe 20% (or less) would use the photomode in such detail that they will actually see the investment and will say "wow" - do you think that is really worth it? :indiff:

Agree with what you're saying. 👍

But I don't believe that each and every car will take (has taken) 6 months to model, as many of them are "repeated" cars. Many of the changes from the "base" car should be minor.

I understood why his picture has that light. It's becawse he is covered by the tunnel's shadow)) I made another photo inside the shadow, those models are very impressive!

That's what's so annoying, i wish the graphics were that good in all places on the track. There seems to be too much hdr in a lot of places taking away a lot of details. The models are almost perfect, at least in the garage and on replays, at night this game will blow our socks off. Damn i so wish pd made gt for pc, with directX 11 it would be too good to be true, i wonder how Dirt 2 on pc will look since that will support DX11, that game's environments and lighting is beautiful.

I dont know about DIRT 2, Personally I didnt think DIRT or GRID looked amazing, they were great but not to the point of GT5, most of the time it just looked like a overbloomed mess, covering jaggies etc, whats worse is that it was Overbloomed and not too much HDR, seeing that bloom just does a generic 'enhancing' of colours, I really cant say Enhancing for the Ego engine.

That first picture detail is nice, but mine doesn't look like that on my screen. My game looks jaggie. Am I the only one who sees jaggies? I am running on a new 52" Samsung LCD, and 1080p. Am I missing a setting to dismiss the jaggies?

He probably has sharpness on tv turned down, that combined with the small screen grab will make the image appear a lot less aliased. On full size tv though the image probably looks blurred, cockpit instrumentation and textures will look crappy. Plus these are replay shots, i personally beleive the cars are somewhat slightly less detailed in game, a particular place i notice this is the front ducts on the f430, On the out of game shots you can see the wire mesh or whatever it is but in game it is mearly just black, Also things like the ford badge on the focus rs looks lame, Polyphony has made some beautiful models no doubt but in game i beleive their detail has been somewhat reduced.

Well sharpness does make the screen look more graphical somewhat but more jagged, where as otherwise you get a softer image that's more jagged. I personally use 50 everything.

Back