The best graphics

• Thread starter SONY_55
  • 104 comments
Does it actually look like that when racing though? If it does, that's awesome, if not, I couldn't care less :P I dont watch replays or use photomode in any racing game I've played... if I want to see nice cars I'll look at pictures/movies of the real cars, if I want to race them, I play a game. :P

Agreed, if I wanted to race cars then I would go to a track. *random emoticon here*

Does it actually look like that when racing though? If it does, that's awesome, if not, I couldn't care less :P I dont watch replays or use photomode in any racing game I've played... if I want to see nice cars I'll look at pictures/movies of the real cars, if I want to race them, I play a game. :P

You clearly haven't played GT5P then? Yes they are modelled and look the same while racing, except as mentioned replay adds some blur and heat haze effects.

If these were direct screen grabs and you showed them to a person who does not follow video games I beat 3/5 times people would think the pictures of GT5p are from real life. Simply amazing.

I cant wait to see how headlights will look at night...
and how they will look off the road...

Thats one thing about gt4.... it has tons of different colour headlights on the cars. and foglights...

i myself am a huge HID fan.

i mean even gt4 had tail light shimmer....

i freaking love that kind of detail.... and that wad from a PS2...

Those are all amazing, just wow. I can't believe PD goes to that extent. Lets drink to the hardworking people at PD.

PD is amazing i was driving with the NSX-R and i notice during hard braking i saw the red carpet i was like damn thats serious PD is not playing folks Watch when GT5 hits its gonna be over

it's about time we had all this pro PD talk - instead of bashing them for taking ages.

PD, this is what we really think of you 👍

Oh for peoples which want to say - "no one see it anyway" or "no one care about this level of details". It is not true - many peoples care about very high level of details in graphic. Additionally when everyone start to think in that way (no one see it bla bla bla) then designers can put "plastic boxes" on track. You dont even know how many details you brain analize when you racing or watching the replay - you are doing it when you even dont know about doing it.

Sorry for poor english

the scale of detail is just EPIC , no racing game comes even close to it , and yes its just a demo ... PD guys are just insane :D

WOW! Really amazing detail! But I cant really see the point in detail like that, you will only see it when you zoom in..

No, you will also see it when the car is passing the cam.
You wont really notice it, but all these small details make the whole picture look so real.

WOW! Really amazing detail! But I cant really see the point in detail like that, you will only see it when you zoom in..

When we get photomode (Photomode is a very popular feature) this detail will pay off!

:dopey:
leow.jpg

Any more close-up HD pics? Unfortunately I only have an SD TV so I can't see GT5P in its full glory. :(

It would be nice if someone could post some more great shots like the ones in the OP and the F40 one. :D

This is how Mr. Greenwalt would handle this kind of detail...

"GT5p is the definitive leader in the racing genre when it comes to headlight model recreation. No other game touches what we are bringing to the table. We actually spell out, in 1080p, 60fps, the letters that identify the types of headlight on each car. This brings a level of detail that are competitors simply can't match. When you play GT5 you will notice this right off the bat. This really draws in new people to the genre. Lets hear what real people have to say of GT5."

"Yo man kids today are blessed. They can know what model headlights on their cars just by lookin at em. Back in my day we only had like just the light but now, dey got the letters."

"When I wanted see the letters on my headlights of my car I turned to PD to create a model that was even better than real life. Its amazing."

I am sorry but I had to. :sly:

Last edited:
Just looking at this makes me want to cancel my pre-ordered Forza 3. I was going to get both anyway...but now I'm thinking otherwise because when I get my hands on GT5 I'll probably never play, well, even open, Forza 3!

Just looking at this makes me want to cancel my pre-ordered Forza 3. I was going to get both anyway...but now I'm thinking otherwise because when I get my hands on GT5 I'll probably never play, well, even open, Forza 3!

Exactly. ;)

Unbelievable, i just can't wait for GT5...
I think i'll drive about 30% and in the other 70% i'll be doing the photomode :D
I mean, c'mon, this is just insane...

Last edited:
PD is amazing i was driving with the NSX-R and i notice during hard braking i saw the red carpet i was like damn thats serious PD is not playing folks Watch when GT5 hits its gonna be over

I already explained myself to family / girlfriend / friends, that from Dec. 1 st (or whenever GT5 will hit the stores) i will be officially life less :D

Chris

When Forza comes out, somebody should get the same car (or another Beemer if that one isn't in it) and zoom in on the headlight like that.

There is no need for that kind of comparisions. You can easly see on available screenshots that Forza3 cars are not as much detailed and accurate (wipers, brake callipers on wrong sides etc.) as those from GT5P.

Back