The biggest problem with GTA Online is...

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 135 comments
England
Liverpool
leeislee
Those "Pro" players who somehow have reached ridiculously high levels like, 500+ who don't even wait for you to look at the map to see where you've spawned before killing you for the 20th time!

I'm all for casual gaming, but i'm not sure the worth these people feel when they devote months, endless months of their life playing this game.

There are a few i always come across who fly around in Lasers just killing you in gangs...time after time.

I don't suffer game rage, i never have...the only problem i have is how so many people seem to live inside this game. Great game, great having fun online...but the pros ruin it for everyone...Sad!

I REALLY hope Rockstar implements friendly fire off lobbies like in GTA 4. The only way you could die was by AI's killing you and you doing something that kills you (Firing an RPG too close to a wall, holding a grenade for too long, etc).

I don't really have much of a problem with online. If you can use passive mode strategically it's fine dealing with losers. I have annoyed many a troll with it and laughed my derrière off in the process.

I disagree, I think escaping from other people, specially after a mission, is part of the fun.

If you are annoyed, Rs provided ways to avoid that: enter passive mode or play on invite only/friends only/command only session.

Blowing up tank griefers on foot is surprisingly easy. Taking down jets is harder but not impossible.
How is it easy? anytime i get near one i get blown to high hell!

Also, yeah passive mode is all well and good but in my eyes, it makes the online experience pointless. I don't mind being killed online, but not every 10 seconds!

How is it easy? anytime i get near one i get blown to high hell!

Also, yeah passive mode is all well and good but in my eyes, it makes the online experience pointless. I don't mind being killed online, but not every 10 seconds!

Call Lester, remove blip, creep and RPG them. Or, don't remove blip, go to a corner, throw some stickies on the floor and wait for them to come at you, hide round corner and detonate.
If you can get the angles right and hide in certain alleys, it's almost impossible for them to blow you up.

Passive mode doesn't make online pointless, it is part of online. Use it wisely and it can be great fun. Stay out of vehicles until you know it's safe, use ledges to your advantage and run when you see a fire truck coming. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone from being a griefee to a griefer by using passive mode, the abuse texts I get are rather funny.

*Whole post is recorded and spoken with a cheesy, overly epic movie trailer voice*

Getting hammered by those "level 500 killing pros" that live under the delusion that 120 isn't enough? A jet? How about those pesky Buzzards? Not forgetting about those stupid tanks?

Meet SomePlayaDude *teeth shine*. The man that might be your friendly neighborhood, or Los Santos' own Handsome Jack. Why is that?

He gets out of car during a chase just to shoot you real good with that auto aim we've been abusing.

He actually learns the backroads of Los Santos to dodge tanks and brakes intermittently to lose those speed freaks.

He uses a proper SUV to climb the backroads of Blaine County, and brakes to prevent unnecessary flying about those pesky hills and supercars.

He stays put in a tunnel to observe the LAZERS flying about, and not get shot.

He keeps low under shadows of Buzzards to have them turning around a little too much. (fun fact: passive mode > Buzzard Missile)

He gauges his fights to escape the ones he can't win.

He knows passive mode is your friend, and this mixed with heights can help you escape unwanted gunfire.

He knows cars aren't cover, most of the time.

He has a positive deathmatch ratio, understanding cover and stealth are ways to learn how to win.

He mashes the down d-pad button often, to scope for poor lambs to the slaughter.

He knows having a bounty is pretty much a reason to understand your recent death.

So, with these words, play smart. The world of GTA Online is cruel, but it can be less cruel if you know your way past the battlefield.

Those "Pro" players who somehow have reached ridiculously high levels like, 500+ who don't even wait for you to look at the map to see where you've spawned before killing you for the 20th time!

I'm all for casual gaming, but i'm not sure the worth these people feel when they devote months, endless months of their life playing this game.

There are a few i always come across who fly around in Lasers just killing you in gangs...time after time.

I don't suffer game rage, i never have...the only problem i have is how so many people seem to live inside this game. Great game, great having fun online...but the pros ruin it for everyone...Sad!

Do you really think there is a difference in skill level between some guy at level 500 and another at 100? Why is one a 'Pro' and the other not a 'Pro'? FYI I have come across kids at rank 40 flying around in jet's spawn killing the whole lobby, most people cry about it, other's just go in passive mode and forget about them. Nothing pro about a kid in a jet killing somebody using an explosive cannon IMO.

If you think people like this ruin GTA Online, you must just spend all of your time in free mode. The people who ruin GTA Online are:

Modders
God Mode Glitchers
Wall Breachers
Mission Saboteurs

Everyone else can be dealt with by the push of a button, go in passive mode, play a job and simply go into another session.

I am a high level player, and I consider myself a passive kind of player. I only play in public lobbies for fun, by fun I mean I will set random bounties on people, send muggers after other's and air thrust those players who try to kill me in passive mode. 👍 They quit before I do. :)

Let's see.

- Tankers (tank wan... You get the idea)

- Assault shotty spammers

- Bulletproof supercar rear abusers

- Lazer pilots

- Buzzard pilots

- Hilariously low or high level players that come after you for no reason

- Chradders

As some of you have already said, being nearer lvl 500 doesn't make you a 'Pro'. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can get hold of big guns for a killing spree.

The biggest problem with GTA Online is...

for me... the sheer number of glitched race results and world record lap times.

I.e: Route 68 Race. Even using a supercar with 2nd grade mods I struggle to achieve 1m30s. Yet the WR is 32 seconds!!
Obviously glitched/cheated somehow to get 32s as others have done with virtually all the other races.
Is this the only way to get the World Record Holder achievement? If so we have no hope.

As some of you have already said, being nearer lvl 500 doesn't make you a 'Pro'. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can get hold of big guns for a killing spree.

for me... the sheer number of glitched race results and world record lap times.

I.e: Route 68 Race. Even using a supercar with 2nd grade mods I struggle to achieve 1m30s. Yet the WR is 32 seconds!!
Obviously glitched/cheated somehow to get 32s as others have done with virtually all the other races.
Is this the only way to get the World Record Holder achievement? If so we have no hope.

You basically have to get a WR as SOON as a new race is released.
Or find one of those races where the WR keeps resetting.

That is why I just play in private free roam lobbies. You don't need to join a public free roam lobby ever.

Last edited:
He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.

That is why I just play in private free roam lobbies. You don't need to join a public free roam lobby ever.

Join them, kill and annoy randoms, laugh your arse off and don't let the buggers get you down.

I remember one time I purposely started a fight on my own with around 6 players all from the same crew, just for S & G. Started by landing a Vestra near their location and popped a sticky bomb on it. I knew one of them would come for me and when he saw the jet, he just couldn't help himself...... BOOM!

Next thing, they all started coming for me. Killed some, retreated to cover and watched their movements. Called Lester, removed blip and fooled them all. Killed another 4. Switched on passive and gave them the jerk. Fire truck arrived, couldn't touch me due to where I was hiding. Legged it towards the airport and they headed for the heli pads. Blew up all the helis and killed a few more. Passive mode back on and one of them tries to chop me with the blades. He ends up blowing himself up due to lack of talent.

Ahh, good times. Strategic griefing (is that a word?) can be a real hoot.

The word "PRO" was meant in a way that these people devote more hours to the game than any job they may or may not have or any studies they may or may not do.

Also a "Pro Gamer" gets very good at something that doesn't matter but thinks they are a god amongst men when really, they've just got good at pushing a few buttons.

THAT and THEY are the type of people that ruin games. But that's just my opinion.

I love playing GTA online when i can, but it does get boring when you come across these types of players.

Also, Having recently realised i can mute someones microphone is a great way to shut up those squeaky voiced kids getting incredible game rage.

My OP is also aimed at the high level GTA onliners who do ruin it for others....NOT those high levelers who play it well.

You basically have to get a WR as SOON as a new race is released.

It's the only way I achieved my WR. Which I think stood for a whole minute.

In response to @leeislee's OP. I don't think pro players, glitchers, modders or the like is the largest problem. I believe the problem lays in the agression.

I spent an hour yesterday in a war with a random for no other reason than I was riding my Bati. I never wanted the war, and did everything to avoid it. But, have it I did. I was followed around the map, sniped, and harassed. Why? Absolutely no reason. That's the problem. The majority of the players online would sooner shoot you in the head than anything else..

Last edited:
It's the only way I achieved my WR. Which I think stood for a whole minute.

In response to @leeislee's OP. I don't think pro players, glitchers, modders or the like is the largest problem. I believe the problem lays in the agression.

I spent an hour yesterday in a war with a random for no other reason than I was riding my Bati. I never wanted the war, and did everything to avoid it. But, have it I did. I was followed around the map, sniped, and harassed. Why? Absolutely no reason. That's the problem. The majority of the players online would sooner shoot you in the head than anything else..

All the more reason why we need friendly fire off lobbies like I said in my first post. Online is much more fun when people aren't trying to kill you every second. I don't enjoy playing in solo lobbies. I know I can always play with friends or host a crew session, but things might be boring after a while when you only play with the same people. I like meeting new players. I like going on crazy escapades with people I just met. That's how friendships are made. Not by blowing someone's face off with an RPG or turning them into Swiss cheese.

All the more reason why we need friendly fire off lobbies like I said in my first post. Online is much more fun when people aren't trying to kill you every second. I don't enjoy playing in solo lobbies. I know I can always play with friends or host a crew session, but things might be boring after a while when you only play with the same people. I like meeting new players. I like going on crazy escapades with people I just met. That's how friendships are made. Not by blowing someone's face off with an RPG or turning them into Swiss cheese.

I couldn't agree more. Firendly fire lobbies are the way to go. Or, at the very least, revamp the 'player mood' system and make it actually work. I am a rather peaceful player. I don't believe I ever got my 'blip' past slight pink. But nearly all the players I am forced to play with are such a shade of red that the Devil himself would blush. This is why I stopped playing on Xbox, and very nearly all together. It I hadn't purchased a PS3 version and have the honor to play with some of our awesome crew, the atmosphere online would have turned me against playing online in any game ever again. I can only take so much of being killed while shopping for a shirt and having my still warm body laughed at like it some joke by some kid that still needs a foot stool because his Mum puts his breakfast cereal in the high cabinet.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Firendly fire lobbies are the way to go. Or, at the very least, revamp the 'player mood' system and make it actually work. I am a rather peaceful player. I don't believe I ever got my 'blip' past slight pink. But nearly all the players I am forced to play with are such a shade of red that the Devil himself would blush. This is why I stopped playing on Xbox, and nlvery nearly all together. It I hadn't purchased a PS3 version and have the honor to play with some of our awesome crew, the atmosphere online would have turned me against playing online in any game ever again. I can only take so much of being killed while shopping for a shirt and having my still warm body laughed at like it some joke by some kid that still needs a foot stool because his Mum puts his breakfast cereal in the high cabinet.

The player mood system is such a waste. Also, why am I considered "psycho" when I blow up my own car so I can order another? I have no idea what mine is, but it's most likely bright red. I don't go around killing players though. It's just AIs that happen to be in my way when I am doing stuff.

The player mood system is such a waste. Also, why am I considered "psycho" when I blow up my own car so I can order another? I have no idea what mine is, but it's most likely bright red. I don't go around killing players though. It's just AIs that happen to be in my way when I am doing stuff.

You're exactly rignt. If a player is agressive and abusive to their fellow players, why are they "punished" in the same fashion as a player who plays in a fashion fitting of the game? Blowing up a lobby's worth of players shouldn't be considered the same as a player that hit a few jaywalkers while fleeing the police after a robbery. And why, oh why, do I have to play with psychos just because I want to play a round of golf. But @leeislee is right, why do the vast majority of online players assume that GTA online should be played in the same style of games like Battlefield or CoD. The point of the game online is to live the life of a blue collared crimal. Not play out their Purge fantasies.

You're exactly rignt. If a player is agressive and abusive to their fellow players, why are they "punished" in the same fashion as a player who plays in a fashion fitting of the game? Blowing up a lobby's worth of players shouldn't be considered the same as a player that hit a few jaywalkers while fleeing the police after a robbery. And why, oh why, do I have to play with psychos just because I want to play a round of golf. But @leeislee is right, why do the vast majority of online players assume that GTA online should be played in the same style of games like Battlefield or CoD. The point of the game online is to live the life of a blue collared crimal. Not play out their Purge fantasies.

I think people forget this is a sandbox game. You can do things other than shooting everything that moves. CoD and Battlefield are not sandbox games; the only objectives are to eliminate the enemy team, capture the flags, and protect your teammates. That's it. With a sandbox game like GTA V, you can do so much more.

I wish lobby setup was controlled by the players, or at least the crew/friends etc. session you can control the variables like you could in GTA IV. Plus if the ranking system isn't so bad with guns etc. (Although probably a good thing the minigun is unlocked last) you'll start to realise that taking down others online becomes a lot easier with more tools and smart gameplay goes a long way.

I remember myself on a glitched level 20 account (with all weapons unlocked) and another friend on a high 90's account with all the guns I gave him hold off two people double our levels in a clan out in the countryside never Trevor's trailer park.

Boy, didn't they get rolled, with a Buzzard going down along with us drowning his car to pay insurance :lol:

When you're out and about in areas by yourself, it's a lot easier to check the map and see whose coming out to try and pepper you with bullets.

Also, I think the best way to get away from all of this is go and explore the country side, or even have a piece of property in the countryside

But alas this is if only you want the option of staying in the outskirts of the city, in which I sometimes don't mind but it isn't everyones cup of tea.

I think people forget this is a sandbox game. You can do things other than shooting everything that moves. CoD and Battlefield are not sandbox games; the only objectives are to eliminate the enemy team, capture the flags, and protect your teammates. That's it. With a sandbox game like GTA V, you can do so much more.

I don't think people care that it's a sandbox. Their feeble minds just go: "It's got guns, we must shoot them at things." I long for the day where I see a notification for a random to play darts or arm wrestle. Heck, I get excited when I see a notification at all anymore. They seem to be disappearing more and more. Nobody cares about the missons or side activities. All that seems to matter is if you have a heavy sniper, tank, lazer, or a chain gun. Oh, wait, if you can watch youtube matters, as well.

"Yay! I learned to make large things appear at me will. Must drop large things on others!"

Such a caveman man way of thinking.

I don't think people care that it's a sandbox. Their feeble minds just go: "It's got guns, we must shoot them at things." I long for the day where I see a notification for a random to play darts or arm wrestle. Heck, I get excited when I see a notification at all anymore. They seem to be disappearing more and more. Nobody cares about the missons or side activities. All that seems to matter is if you have a heavy sniper, tank, lazer, or a chain gun. Oh, wait, if you can watch youtube matters, as well.

"Yay! I learned to make large things appear at me will. Must drop large things on others!"

Wow our accounts are total opposites, I always get random invites to missions and some side missions, they get quite annoying but you get used to them :lol:

Honestly all those kiddies that watch YouTube and GTAO players and then go online are the most hilarious to talk to with a microphone.

Microphone makes everything all fun when you can do decent impersonations and have people get mad :D

I played yesterday for a few hours over the course of two sessions. I believe that I got around five mission invites the entire time. Only one was worth paying attention to. One for Rooftop Rumble. The rest were some thing along the lines of "A gabillion RP" deathmatch requests. Over the last week, I have been more active, and seen only a handful of racing invites and a handful of mission invites to the same five missions. However, I have spent countless hours doing exactly what Lee is complaining about. Being killed, only to respawned and die that fast.

I long for the day where I can throw my in-game phone into a river... forever! At least then I don't have to get stupid calls from Gerald, Lester, and Martin anymore! I've heard the same message ten times already! I don't want to hear it anymore! Also, no more invites from randoms to join their idiotic 9000000$ 9000000RP deathmatches anymore.

I played yesterday for a few hours over the course of two sessions. I believe that I got around five mission invites the entire time. Only one was worth paying attention to. One for Rooftop Rumble. The rest were some thing along the lines of "A gabillion RP" deathmatch requests. Over the last week, I have been more active, and seen only a handful of racing invites and a handful of mission invites to the same five missions. However, I have spent countless hours doing exactly what Lee is complaining about. Being killed, only to respawned and die that fast.

One day we shall meet each other in a random lobby and I promise to destroy every single person going griefballs on you :D

What rank are you by the way? When I hope on my level 20 account I'm more prone to being approache/targeted because I'm low level.

Also quite off-topic but I hope you're in the GTP clan because a lot of good stuff goes on there and most times when I play in my timezone I always stumble across other members which is always a good thing :)

Back