The biggest problem with GTA Online is...

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by leeislee, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Ken

Ken Premium

"This guy" is everything that is wrong with online.

2. SomePlayaDude

SomePlayaDude

At least I'm safe inside my mind.

CallmeDan likes this.
  3. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

"This guy" killed a guy that griefed him. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Custom878 and Stavingo like this.
  4. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I am "this guy" pretty much every damn time I play this game.

Stopforpetrol and leeislee like this.
  5. leeislee

leeislee

I spend most of my online time being killed to death!

Stopforpetrol likes this.
  6. Stavingo

Stavingo

I'm the guy that people try to shoot when I ain't noticing then boom oh baby a triple.

7. GT5Redsucker23

GT5Redsucker23

The other guy who likes ramming me with his car for no reason.

8. lbpomg95

lbpomg95

Umm... everything.

9. Jay.

Jay.

Anyone does that to me I chase them and blow up their car, bad sport or not, I like revenge. :mischievous:

Stavingo, GT5Redsucker23 and leeislee like this.
  10. Stavingo

Stavingo

If you can't blame them for the crash, destroy their trash and dash

YEEEAHHHHHH :sly: :p :lol:

11. Jay.

Jay.

@GT5Redsucker23 @Stavingo - I quite often drive round in my Sandking, and the monkeys in their Zetornos just bounce off, or go underneath.

My Sandking has pretty good performance with full engine, trans and turbo mods, and the rear cab body section unlocked at 75 seems to be bulletproof. :D

12. Stavingo

Stavingo

@Jay. - You should get a faster vehicle and the play game of how many times you can go around a block of streets before they notice you're going around in circles :lol:

I've had someone go around 8 times before realising we weren't going anywhere.

Nurburgthing. and jstickboy13 like this.
  13. Jay.

Jay.

Hehe, I've got a couple of fast cars, I'll try that.:tup:

14. TheBolsheviks

TheBolsheviks

I escape(d) the asshole by playing at odd times and I mostly stay around the northern area of the map, where other players rarely go. I've recently started going back down into Los Santos because I got up to the super high level of 12.

15. eran0004

eran0004

The problem with online is that there are no consequences. Dominating others is hardwired into our reptile brain to feel good, that is why it feels so good to win a game for instance.

In the real world people don't generelly act like in GTA. Why? Well, first of all we only have one life. If we go around shooting others we know that someone is going to come around and shoot us. In the game, a death is just slightly annoying so self preservation is not a motivation to behave well.

In real life we also have law enforcement. Sure, that is in GTA as well but they just kill you and leave it at that. You don't risk huge fines, losing property or spending years behind bars. If there was a system that placed your character in jail for a week after certain offences I'm sure the behaviour online would be drastically improved. It doesn't even have to be technically complicated: if the cops catch you after you've killed a player in free roam you go to jail for a week (they could even put you in a cell at Bolingbroke and have you play an inmate until your time is served). Special "no rules" lobbies could be created for those who want a constant warzone or an occasional gang war between crews. Around the map, limited free fight areas could spawn as well, so that everyone who wants to fight can go there.

As it stands now, public sessions are not much more than domestic terrorism simulators, which is bad in so many ways.

16. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

In this game, I've been turned off by lame Adversary Modes, leading me to turn on them. I also hate the certain things to buy in this game are way too expensive. I lost interest in playing GTAO too much because of this.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019