The Boom: Officially Ended; Car Reveals for The Next Fanfic

What could be the perfect cars for the Dream Match of Takuma vs. Nobuhiko?

• Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car vs. Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mazda Furai vs. Toyota TS030 Hybrid

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mazda RX-500 vs. Toyota FT-1 (both are at 550pp)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Pagani Zonda R vs. McLaren F1 GTR Base Model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page 3 - Fuel

That night... Tomoko and I are once again together. No interfering bald British guy nor pressure from Gan. It's just the two of us. What started out as a simple task of buying food would turn out to be quite an evening.

Tomoko would just drag me to whatever store she wants to visit. After all, girls are into cute or beautiful stuff. In fact, we almost forgot that we have to buy food!

While we're strolling around Beverly Hills...

Tomoko: "Now that we've stepped into Europe and here, have you ever dreamed of traveling the world?"

Michiharu: "Not really. With my past life, I could even barely afford to buy a decent pair of shoes while I was studying. My parents never bothered to share even a single cent to me, even after a tragic event separated all 3 of us siblings. All that I had, was achieved by my hard work."

Tomoko: "Well, hasn't it at least crossed your mind? Even for once?"

Michiharu: "No. Not at all. I don't have the money for it, anyway."

Tomoko: "But now, are you happy? Are you happy that you now get to see the world?"

Michiharu: "I'm quite curious back then, so that counts as a yes."

Tomoko: "See? Even your racing career will make you see the world. Whatever path you take in life, you'll get to see, or even just a glimpse on how the world moves."

Michiharu: "I agree. And you know what, I'm starting to have a different view towards Americans now. Look at them, they enjoy life as well. They seem to have moved on after the war. They don't view us with hostility here."

Tomoko: "Don't let the movies alter your perception towards them. This is real life now. And....

...you look handsome tonight. It'll be better if you actually smile. Do it for me, please."

She said... what??? I'm handsome?!? I'm getting compliments from her more often now. I think we're getting closer, to the point that we may be more than just friends.

So, I showed her a genuine smile.

Tomoko: "Oh... my.... god. You look even more handsome than Hiroyuki-san! And I really mean it!"

Michiharu: "You're just hungry. Come, let's buy some food already."

Tomoko: "It's not that! You really are! Sometimes, you've gotta be proud of yourself. You're really an awkward person, but you're just as charming.

I don't mind if.... we're going to take this to the next level."

Now my face has gotten red. To get out of this awkwardness, I just brought her to a small hamburger restaurant immediately.

Tomoko now likes me.... and I really like her too, from the moment I entered the team.

We returned to our suite after buying hamburgers. And they look a lot bigger than the ones sold in Tokyo. I could even share just half to the others.

Ben: "Say, what took you two so long? Let me guess, you had a dinner date, don't you? You just bought hamburgers because you're almost full, am I right?"

Michiharu: "No! It's just that.... we went to look for souvenirs first."

Ben: "Nice way of escaping my suspicion. All right, I believe in you."

Gan: "Two days later, it'll be the race. It's in Laguna Seca this time, so we've got to sleep early and leave immediately since it's a long trip from here."

Ben: "Great. And then we'll be back in Tokyo for a long rest. All is good, then."

Tomoko: "Sounds like you're avoiding someone here, now that you have mentioned that person you hated."

Ben: "Even so, there is a small chance I get to meet him once again, since he also lives in California."

After dinner, we all head to our respective rooms. And I am already feeling awkward that I have to sleep with Tomoko. I CAN SLEEP ON THE SOFA, YOU KNOW? And she might...

...just close your eyes, Michiharu. Close your eyes.

I heard footsteps, which prompted me to open them for a bit. Tomoko is undressing herself! Oh no! I quickly turned right, facing the window.

Hah.... hah.... hah...

What was just that? My heart is beating a lot faster than before. I just closed my eyes...

**************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am, 2 days later.

Man... I survived those nights looking away from Tomoko while I'm sleeping. But I'm sure that encounters like that will be more often.

Gulp.

Anyway, the sponsor meet with us, and finally shows the car. It still looks the same, so I guess the modifications are at the inside.

Sponsor: "We have adjusted the camber, lightened the body, and then power is increased to 440 horsepower."

Ben: "440? That's more than what my Countach makes. All right. So far so good."

Michiharu: "So... I'll be driving again?"

Ben: "Absolutely. I want to stay away from this car as much as possible. I'm not really fond of it, to be honest."

Meanwhile, at the bleachers, Lewis has found a place to sit. Then he catches a glimpse of Ben talking to Michiharu, with the latter getting in the car.

Lewis: "Bull's eye."

After a short briefing (since we weren't able to get familiarized at the track earlier on since it's closed most of the time), the race has started. And I gotta say, there is clearly an increase in power. I can easily overtake my opponents. So this is what a V8 engine can do.

14265748864_1874efd1b8_c.jpg

I didn't really gave it my all at the turns, but the change in handling is clearly noticeable. Turn in is still good, but I get better traction this time at the exit.

14079493379_ddbcfe959e_c.jpg

14266142585_cf1b28933f_c.jpg

After passing by the tough S corner dubbed "The Corkscrew", I'm just facing one opponent instead.

Say, what's that silver car at the lead? It's really fast, you know?

14079584067_0e3319df1e_c.jpg

And I mean REALLY FAST...

14265748424_a6815de5ae_c.jpg

Ben: "Shelby Cobra. British chassis with an American engine. Poor chassis didn't manage to cope up with that brute engine."

Aha! I got you in the first corner! But why so sluggish?

14243028766_227b63b016_c.jpg

Anyway, gotta take advantage of the opportunity! So long, "Cobra"!

14264030742_a46239bb43_c.jpg

14079492529_a85d911913_c.jpg

14079499048_e2340ae96a_c.jpg

And that was almost too easy... I won a small plaque, and that is to be expected since we're just invited to race, anyway. A small fee was also awarded to us.

But I do look forward to race here in America once again. It's such a fascinating country. And as for the car, I like it too. I guess quirks are needed every now and then, for a car to be unique.

I took off my gloves and helmet once I got down from the podium. Then a man approaches us...

Lewis: "Ben McCarthy from the United Kingdom, am I right? It's been a while!"

Ben: "Oh... it's you again, Lewis Hawthorne. How are you holding up?"

Lewis: "Great! And all the time, I'm itchin' to race you."

Ben: "You know, I'm going back to Japan after this. I have no time for games with someone like you. I have forgotten to buy a souvenir for you, please pardon me."

We just walked away... but...

Lewis: "GET BACK HERE YOU BALDING BRITISH OAF!!!"

That stopped us on our tracks. We looked at him once again, with Ben in a mood for contempt.

Lewis: "We race again! What do you say? I'm ready to beat some good ol' sense at you."

Ben: "Gan, talk to the sponsor and ask permission for us to keep the car for another day."

Gan: "Well, we have no choice. We don't have our own cars, anyway; so I'll do it."

Lewis: "Tomorrow sunset, at Willow Springs. First to cross the finish line wins. Simple as that."

Ben: "All right then, but don't be cocky just because you know your Yank Tanks."

**************************************************************************************

Time: 3 am, the next day

Bright lights still illuminate the progressive capital despite the wee hours of the morning.

Hiroyuki is still awake, spends most of the time looking at the Sumida river. He is among the few that actually likes the view of the river, which flows to an industrial zone.

14264030172_d720a00229_c.jpg

Out of the blue, Ryuji arrives.

14266141095_293aa26531_c.jpg

14264029742_b559363024_c.jpg

He approaches his big brother with a smile, an enthusiastic one.

Ryuji: "Yo, Aniki! Still awake?"

Hiroyuki: "What are you doing here?"

Ryuji: "I'm looking for you, and it was quite easy. Ever since we're kids, I know where you love to hang out. I don't even get why you like it here. You clearly see the industrial zone ahead! And the Rainbow Bridge offers a much better view!"

Hiroyuki: "Did you come here to lecture me about tourist spots? Be a tour guide instead."

Ryuji: "I've heard you work in a team. Wow! Has the world gone topsy-turvy? As a bonus, your manager was once my manager! Say hi to him for me, will you?"

Hiroyuki: "Get to the point. Your speech is making me sleepy."

Ryuji: "All right. I'm sure you have gotten far, since I heard your victory from the Mille Miglia. Let's settle this once and for all. A race. In Suzuka, that is."

Hiroyuki: "All right then. I'm willing to play with you, since you're my little brother, anyway."

Ryuji: "You sound like you don't care about winning at all."

Hiroyuki: "Perhaps you should think about your theory once again. That day, will be the day our theories shall clash. Make sure it's armed with everything it needs to overpower mine."

Ryuji: "My Shelby GT350 itself is the representation of my theory."

Hiroyuki: "Hmph."

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Probably you're wondering why The Boom exists. Well, I'm sure the readers are curious as to who Michiharu Kanonji is, being mentioned several times by Takanori and Takuma in the entire storyline, and as well as Tomoko. This is the way of letting you know them and their adventures of racing. It's not just about my interest in classic cars, but also delving the events that are connected to this story - i.e. Sir Shaw's vengeance to Takuma, and the background of Yuki "Samui" Kanonji's mother.

This has been halted once, in the GT5 saga. But now with more characters added in my other fanfics, such as Sir Shaw, this has crossed my mind once again, and thought to myself that The Boom could actually have a direction that can finally lead to the events happening in my present-day fanfics.

Don't worry, WE'LL RETURN to the present era. I promise you. The plot is already laid out. It's just that the number of classic cars in GT6 has risen, and that also gave me the push to revive the glory days of Michiharu.

Or is it all about his glory days? Find out more in the future pages...

Thanks for reading. :)

Good evening, fellow readers.

The duel between Ben and Lewis has yet to be commenced. So, expect some delay before the next page can be posted.

And moving on, Takuma Gaiden II - Passione Italia is confirmed, and it's the story next to Dream Alliance 3.

And here's a hint:

14096574008_62caa376f5_c.jpg

Page 4 - Burnin' Rubber

That day ended almost perfectly, until a random American shows up and challenged Ben to a duel. He may be the person Ben is avoiding contact to. No wonder he is in a rush to return to Japan.

Oh well, better settle it before you run out of chances. Conflicts must be resolved ahead. It's not good if they linger on. I wish I could have done so to my family too, but it's too late...

We returned to the hotel, with Ben just going around the suite while having thoughts.

Tomoko: "Ummmmmm.... you could sit down."

Ben: "I can't believe that bloody twit Lewis Hawthorne showed up. We're going there tomorrow after lunch. I need some practice."

Michiharu: "But that man said..."

Ben: "I WANT PRACTICE. I ought to handle that Yank Tank the best I could. Ugh... why did we even bother accepting the invitation? We clearly gained little from this trip."

Gan: "Calm down, Ben. Even if we did receive a little, this is still a valuable experience.... for all three of you. It's time to learn something new. At the end of that race tomorrow, you're bound to learn something, for sure."

Ben: "Oh great. But I don't believe in running away from problems, either. I overcame my father, so I should do the same here as well."

Tomoko: "What have you done to him, anyway? You didn't even give us a hint of your rivalry."

Ben:
"Simple, I have criticized American muscle cars so much that I offended most of their hardcore fans. That twit is one of them. He bravely stepped up and is eager to prove that their cars are just as worthy. Can't believe a country music singer would do that, out of all people. Not even a race car driver did."

Tomoko:
"You know, even with so much flaws, every car is bound to be great someday. American muscle cars has gained worldwide appeal, you know? With their appearances in movies and with an affordable price, everyone wants one."

Ben:
"That's the thing, they're only heroes in movies. Drive them in real-life, and they're nowhere near as heroic. There is a saying "Never meet your Heroes", and that applies very well to those cars.

Surely, American car companies could spend a bit more on CHASSIS REFINEMENT. I would pay more for a well-sorted car."

No use arguing anymore. I find that Cuda a blast to drive. I'm sure Ben's vast experience made him say those things.

Time: 2 pm, the next day

As scheduled, we headed back to Willow Springs after lunch so that Ben would have some time to practice before the race would start on sunset. But when we arrived, his opponent is already there, ready for action.

Lewis: "Oh, I thought you Brits would arrive in grace and style that you need to arrive late. That's why a sunset race is in order. Oh well, why not do the race now?"

Ben: "Surely you're going to give me some time to have practice, don't you?"

Lewis: "Oh, I also thought you have a vast racing experience that YOU DON'T NEED A PRACTICE. And also, don't you consider yourself being one of Europe's fastest racers?"

To be honest, he's a prick... But that won't be enough to return my old stance on Americans.

Ben: "Fine by me. I want to end this soon, anyway. Let's do this."

Tomoko: "But... what about your practice? You have yet to race the car."

The sponsor handed the keys of the car to Ben. He's not in a good mood, just like the day he raced his father.

Ben: "This would take a moment."

Lewis: "Three laps! What do you say?"

Ben: "Go ahead. I don't care how long we run."

But hearing his responses, I think Ben still has his confidence. To think it's fine for him regardless how many laps a race would linger.

Tomoko: "Please line up your cars. I'll do the countdown!"

And so they did. Then they rev the engines. Admittedly, they sound better than Uncle's Hakosuka. That characteristic burble from those engines are music to the ears.

Tomoko: "3.... 2... 1... GO!!!"

And they're off. So the Cuda has the power advantage. Look at the cloud of smoke from those tires!

14320290265_2bab8f7d15_c.jpg

Tomoko: "A burnout start."

Michiharu: "Burnout?"

Gan: "With American muscle V8 engines having loads of power and torque from the large displacement engines, an excessive wheel spin happens. For the Americans, it's a sight to behold."

14319635034_fe64595df2_c.jpg

Lewis: "Mopar muscles sure have tons of power, but I'm afraid that's all they have..."

The Cuda did prove Lewis' point, when it suddenly oversteers at the first corner.

14318479542_94490bae24_c.jpg

Ben: "You are such a handful."

He manages to recover though, and carries on.

14319633834_41f6de69d9_c.jpg

14133619708_363fb53e93_c.jpg

Lewis: "What's wrong? Where's your so-called "Sophistication"? Too much to handle? Can't blame ya. Mopar muscle only knows how to go straight!

This car is tuned to match the SCCA racing cars! All my little earnings from my performances are poured on this lovely car. Took me time, but very worth it!"

14320287675_8534e965f2_c.jpg

Ben: "He's getting away through the turns. I can't believe this... This car is testing me."

14133673100_35e6b88f75_c.jpg

Ben: "I can't even hug the inside."

14319632034_8978dc8ec0_c.jpg

There they are, and Ben is keeping up at the main straight. He'd better to overtake him... The advantage is in his hands already.

Ben: "How adorable. I'm only keeping up at the straight. Kinda boring if I overtake him that way."

Lewis: "Impressive... oh wait.... why holding back???"

14320286535_911deef763_c.jpg

Ben: "I'll show him the way. I'll finish this race through the turns."

Ben steps it further, but the Cuda's sudden oversteer would slow him down, backfiring his strategy.

14320285945_ca85f14655_c.jpg

Ben: "All right... that didn't work. Great... I guess this is what Gan calls a VALUABLE EXPERIENCE."

14133751707_62d1502c21_c.jpg

But Ben did notice something from Lewis' Nova. The Nova cornering exit was rather sluggish. With that, Ben just puts up a grin.

Ben: "I think this showdown has gotten a little more interesting. It won't be fun to end this immediately, no?"

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Opportunity

So, Willow Springs is quite a short circuit. It's already the 2nd lap for them. Maybe the last lap will start soon, after all those cars are powerful and fast.

I can clearly see Ben struggling to cope up with the car he's driving. But of course, he didn't become a feared racer in Europe for nothing, right? He's a total monster, and I saw that when he raced his father not too long ago.

14142036619_244f35038f_c.jpg

Ben: "Now what to do? I'm going to win on power alone. Great... I used to humiliate my opponents through the corners.

But..."

14142078370_1c31f53fa9_c.jpg

Ben: "He is good at exploiting his car's handling advantage, but he'll never get away the fact that it shares the typical weakness of American muscle cars. My argument is still valid. He messes up at the corner exits."

3rd lap has started already. See? It's a short track after all. Ben must do something at this point.

Tomoko: "You know, Ben is known for his stylish attacks, exploiting his opponents' weakness through the turns. But there aren't too many turns in this track."

Michiharu: "So that means he has less chances of winning that way."

Gan: "Hehehehehe... this race will also be a lesson for Ben. Clearly, he struggles with the Cuda's handling. Sometimes, pride isn't always the best method. And that's the key point of this race. Whenever opportunity arises....

...I say, grab it."

14327995504_ff96e3c00a_c.jpg

Ben: "One more try."

Lewis foils Ben's attack by taking the inside, prompting Ben to back off once again.

14326946492_61828c10d1_c.jpg

Lewis: "Think I'll give up just because you're an accomplished man? You're no racer for me! You are a just narrow-minded, balding English man!

Now you'll see the worth of American cars!"

14328694835_1a06092a2a_c.jpg

Ben: "There!"

Seeing the Nova losing its balance at the corner exit, Ben moves in.

14326945282_a96d2d0de9_c.jpg

Lewis: "I can't... ugh.... The pressure is on me."

At the next turn, Lewis once again takes the inside, and to make sure he gets away, he immediately steps on the accelerator. However, it backfires, proving Ben's point on muscle cars once again.

14328693205_beebd95d35_c.jpg

With the Nova flailing at the corner exit. Ben takes advantage of the Cuda's power, and steps on the accelerator to overtake the wiggling Nova.

Lewis: "DAMMIT!"

14142172327_6615792285_c.jpg

Ben: "What a golden opportunity. Sometimes, I should not resort to my party tricks. An opportunity like that is hard to come by."

Lewis: "Damn you.... I'm not gonna lose to some narrow-minded freak! I shall win for the sake of my fellow muscle car drivers!"

Lewis steps hard on it. While he did keep up, the Nova didn't turn enough on the long but tricky corner, sending him to the ditch.

14142031858_f6f369c284_c.jpg

Ben: "It's all over now, Lewis. There is no way you can step on my pride, nor ascend above me."

14142170987_8ac33553eb_c.jpg

All right! Ben wins once again! Did he ever lose in his career? Anyway, what a wonderful performance, and is beyond expectations.

He steps out of the car, with the usual grin.... and taking out a box of cigarettes and lights one of them up.

Ben: "Shall we go home?"

He goes to the sponsor to hand the car's key. But for one second, he tightens his grip on them, and finally giving it away.

Ben: "Send it over to Switzerland. I'll pay any amount for this car. I'll tell you the address."

He's going to buy it???

Sponsor: "You're going to buy this car? I thought you --"

Ben: "That bloody car is an interesting piece. I have gotten to like it."

14305555136_8d582d4050_c.jpg

Gan: "I can't believe he bought the Cuda."

Tomoko: "I guess he had a change of heart, then."

Ben joins us with a smile.

Ben: "This is worthwhile."

Tomoko: "What makes you say that?"

Ben: "I've come to realize that sticking to my personal pride won't make me grow, that I'll be like stuck in a shell. I've got to try new things. And even the smallest glimmer of opportunities must be taken seriously and grab them. That car knocked that sense on me. I must say, my Countach could have a buddy in the garage."

End of Page 5

Author's Notes:

- Being registered recently in Initial D World Forums, I might think of expanding my fanfic audience. In that case, I will revise it for that forum. It will start from "Reaching The Apex" from GT5, with Takanori still playing the lead role, but there will be MAJOR DIFFERENCES. The characters will remain, but the roster of cars included will be changed for IDW.

And with that, you may expect delays of posting new material here. But don't worry, I won't leave GTPlanet. I'll try to set a balance.

Page 6 - Japanese Muscle

Time: 4 pm

"Tsubaki-chan.... Tsubaki-chan! Wake up! Please wake up!"

A colleague attempts to wakes his female co-worker sleeping on her desk. Having nothing to do at all, she just decided to take a nap.

Tsubaki: "What is it? Is it important?"

Goto: "Due to inclement weather conditions this afternoon, we have to postpone testing for the new Honda Civic. We have to make changes for the next model year based on customer feedback."

Tsubaki: "Let me guess, cries for more power? When will people learn that power isn't everything? Even works racing teams like the car overall."

Goto: "Hey, in business, we have to keep customers happy."

Tsubaki: "Customers aren't always right. It's something that the world never knows."

Goto: "Sometimes I wonder why our boss hired you. Your decisions sometimes put the whole company at risk!"

Tsubaki: "I don't want to hear another lecture from you again. I've already told you before. I'm going home..."

Goto: "Going home? Or Running?"

Tsubaki: "Either way is fine, right? See ya."

Without a word, Tsubaki gets off the office early and rides in her white Honda Ballade Sports 1.5i CR-X she personally developed thanks to her job.

Goto: "Oh that woman... only a few can read her."

She heads to one place that she can let off steam - the Touge. It is cloudy and dark, signalling that rain might come down sooner or later.

14150767799_28e376d7c9_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "Seesh... it's still fine for the testing of the Civic. Oh well, gotta follow orders."

Only a few knows her other side, being a Touge racer. She is used to men taking on her lightly, and she proves her mettle each time she encounters them.

14337428495_e1b4825b3a_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "The gods have finally noticed my presence. They don't like me here, after all. This place is more dangerous than everyone thinks. Especially when..."

At the right moment, she uses her left foot on the brake pedal to hug the inside lane of the next corner. It's a very common technique among front-wheel drive racers.

14150935467_3b39aa2695_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "...the fog kicks in."

Time: 7 pm

After another 15 hours of having a sleepless flight, I'm home! I'm finally home! We parted ways when we got out of the airport.

When I arrived home, Aunt Maiko hugs me very tightly. It's been months, and it felt like it's decades of separation.

Then I showed my souvenirs for them.

Koichi: "You don't have to go through all the trouble buying souvenirs for us. But thank you very much."

Michiharu: "Well, you took me in and take care of me. So I have to repay the deeds."

Maiko: "Oh, I like this wristband! And this wonderful scarf!"

Koichi: "Oh, I have something for you. Something you'll really enjoy, and I think this will help you a lot."

Michiharu: "Huh?"

He leads me to the garage. Is the GT-R fixed? I do see the GT-R, but it's not the car I'm standing in front of.

It's a red, boxy car...

14314293856_99157818a3_c.jpg

Koichi: "She's all yours."

Michiharu: "You bought a car for me??? Um....."

Koichi: "Who can resist driving one of the most powerful production cars this country can offer? It's every man's dream! It's also a Skyline!"

14150771528_d1d2f2c3e8_c.jpg

It's a Skyline too? But I don't see GT-R badges...

14150768439_9eed677fa9_c.jpg

Koichi: "Plus, this is a very popular car on TV! It's called "Tekkamen" by many!"

Tekkamen? It means "Iron Mask" if you don't understand Japanese.

Um.... well, it says "DOHC TURBO RS-X" at the back. I have no idea what those terms mean.

Koichi: "This is the real Japanese muscle, Michiharu. It's turbocharged! Plus, I've modified it for a bit. It will help you broaden your knowledge about cars and improve your skills as well."

Wait... what??? Turbocharged? What does that mean? Oh boy.... I've never heard of it before during my travels.

Time: 9 pm

And just as Koichi had predicted, racers have increased their presence in that very road. One of them is...

14150818960_dc60e5711a_c.jpg

Richard: "You haven't heard the last of me, Michiharu Kanonji..."

14357624303_8d7c5dae13_c.jpg

Richard: "I've used the money I earned in Mille Miglia to modify this Firebird. It now has 325 horsepower, with all of them ready to crush you and your GT-R.

Let's see who has the real muscle on the streets!"

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Here is the setup for Tsubaki Kobayashi's CR-X I need a volunteer for an upcoming short duel, but please do keep the car, as it will also have another duel, but a major one:

Car: Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i '83
Power: 200 HP
Performance Points: 468 PP

Weight: 720 kg

Weight Distribution: 57:43 (Weight Reduction Level 3, add weight by 10 kgs, and then move the ballast position to 50%)

Modifications:
Oil Change
Increase Rigidity
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Sports Computer
Carbon Hood Body Color
Window Weight Reduction

Setup:

LSD: 9/13/8
Racing Brakes: F: 0 R: 5
Transmission: Stock
Suspension:

- Ride Height: F: 95 R: 110
- Spring Rate: F: 6.84 R: 4.38
- Damper Compression: F: 2 R: 7
- Damper Extension: F:2 R: 7
- Anti-Roll Bars: F: 3 R: 5
- Negative Camber: F: 0 R: 0 (Y U NO FIX CAMBER, PD?!?)
- Toe Angle F: -0.20 R: 0

Color: Championship White
Rims: Enkei ES-Tarmac +1 inch

Short Duel: vs. Tomoko's Stratos at the touge.
Major Duel: vs. Michiharu's Tekkamen Skyline also at the touge.

Thanks for reading! :)

Page 7 - Measure

Finally... I have arrived home. Nothing much has changed in the house. Aunt Maiko enjoys her favorite TV shows, while Uncle Koichi manages his hardware store. The only thing new is that red Skyline at the garage. At first, why did he have to buy it for me??? Is is because I broke his GT-R? What if I break that new car as well?

Though of course, I'm trying my best to keep the car in check. Still, I'm just surprised what he did...

14150771528_d1d2f2c3e8_c.jpg

RS- TURBO. If the Hakosuka has "GT-R" all over it, then this one has "Turbo" all over it. I don't understand the need of putting those names all over the car. Plus, I don't know what "Turbo" is. I assume this car has one.

Koichi: "You know, nothing will happen if you keep staring at it."

Michiharu: "Still can't get over it, the fact you bought this for me."

Koichi: "It's time for you have your own car. And you deserve it, since you've grown up."

Michiharu: "One of these days, I'll take this car out for a spin. For now, I want to have a lovely stroll. I missed doing that."

Koichi: "Suit yourself. Besides, I do need to tinker the Tekkamen a bit more. You'll be back before dinner?"

Michiharu: "Yes, definitely. See you!"

I love walking around. That's the only thing that kept me sane when I was living like hell in Kyoto. Not only it provides a good exercise, but also it provides an opportunity to think things. Starting with...

...and just as I am about to do it, she popped up. She wears a green dress this time.

Tomoko: "Oh hi there. You love taking a stroll around this park too, huh?"

Michiharu: "I love taking a stroll around Tokyo."

Tomoko: "You're weird. You love taking a stroll in a bustling and noisy metropolis? And besides, it's cloudy today. Hmmmmm.... instead of probably getting soaked, why don't we have a ride?"

Michiharu: "Which car?"

Tomoko: "In my Stratos, dummy! I'm itching to drive it right now, since I sent it back here for further tuning when we went to U.S."

And so, we cruised around in her Stratos. I'm just looking out at the window, watching the other cars pass by and some kids riding on bicycles. Maybe I could get a bicycle too...

We entered in a highway. Where are we going?

Tomoko: "We're going back to the hills. Let's see if I can control this car better than before."

Michiharu: "I see. How is Ben doing? Where does he live right now? I'm surprised that he decided to come with us."

Tomoko: "Right now, he lives in a hotel, but Gan-san volunteered to look for a house for him."

After a long drive, we have arrived at the hills of Kanagawa. It was a good one hour trip. And the hills also provide a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy life of Tokyo.

I have always wondered how she has managed to tame it, while I haven't... Perhaps her far longer experience with the car helps a lot. It's like getting to know a friend and then place your trust on that person.

There it goes again, my heart... And I don't want to utter any crazy words right now.

14386188243_e8f739578c_c.jpg

Suddenly, as I look at the side mirror, I see a fast car approaching. It's white, and kinda small.

Michiharu: "Something is coming. It's fast."

Tomoko: "All right. I don't want other cars distracting me. Before we could begin, I will let it overtake."

14362684481_eca611a368_c.jpg

Tomoko decided to give way. And when she did, she is taken by shock.

14179380918_6656cff7e3_b.jpg

Tomoko: "It's a Honda CR-X! I'd never thought it would go that fast. I'll try chasing it, and I'm curious how much better this Stratos has become."

Honda CR-X? And it's fast for a small hatchback. Though we are gaining on it at the incline.

Tomoko: "It's normal for a front-wheel drive car to struggle at the inclines."

Tsubaki: "Oh, challenging me? I gladly accept."

Whoa! It's a rocket at the turn!

14386186873_4c48e84d0c_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Unreal... how can a front-wheel drive car corner like that? It's taking this corner easily, while I obviously have to focus more..."

Tsubaki once again puts her left foot on the brake pedal while turning. This allows her CR-X to take its load off the rear and hug the inside for better cornering.

14366004585_d2d103037b_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Is the driver insane, or not? I'm losing him!"

14362682331_d44090a49f_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Plus, this part of the hill is too dangerous! It's a rapid descent!"

The car does feel faster when we descend. I know how hard it is to control her Stratos, and in this situation, I can see Tomoko struggling.

Tomoko: "I'll play safe for now. I don't want to crash this car, you know? This car's small wheelbase, coupled with very light weight and this steep descent mean disaster if you lost focus for a second."

It's too dangerous to race in a road like this. But a part of me tells me that it's exciting, and perhaps there will be a day I'll set foot here with the Tekkamen Skyline.

14179378908_56521d0b15_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "Hold on a second. That blue Stratos... isn't that the one? Oh... I finally met her! But why was she holding back?"

Tomoko: "The driver of that CR-X knows no fear. I'm sure that person is a local. To think he bravely takes on this road."

We stopped by at a restaurant for lunch. And she parked the car indoors. Guess what? That CR-X is here too... what a coincidence.

14366003265_a5d81d1a7e_c.jpg

Tomoko: "I wonder what makes that CR-X go fast? The lowered height will tell us that it has tuned its suspension. But other than that, it looks plain."

Michiharu: "It sounds loud when you raced a while back."

Tomoko: "The CR-X also has a short wheelbase, a good weapon on a mountain road especially when tackling the corners. But since it's front-wheel drive, it's more stable especially at the downhill."

No wonder it performed like a missile back there.

Then a woman approached us, seemingly aware that we are looking at that white hatchback.

Tsubaki: "Tomoko Kawaguchi-san, am I right? I'm honored to meet you. My name is Tsubaki Kobayashi, a Honda test driver, and I took on the world of racing because you inspired me."

She bowed in front of Tomoko.

Tomoko: "Pleased to meet you too. I'm honored that I inspired you to take up racing."

Tsubaki: "I want to prove to the world that we are just as capable as men. And, I'm really happy you like my car."

What?!? She's the driver of that white CR-X?!? Wait, she did say that she's a Honda test driver. Perhaps I wasn't listening that much since that car distracted me...

Tsubaki: "Due to the nature of my work, I spend my free time developing racing parts for this brand new car. So you could say that my car is also a test mule for the future CR-X racing cars."

Tomoko: "No wonder you are so fast a while back."

However, I sensed a sudden change in Tsubaki's demeanor.

Tsubaki: "But this is what I call a perfect meeting."

Tomoko: "Why?"

Tsubaki: "Because, I want to measure my mettle... not against you, but against arguably one of the fastest men on the planet. And that's you, Michiharu Kanonji."

Me?!? And... how did she knew my name???

Tsubaki: "Words spread like wildfire, you know? Your victories in the first round of World Sports Car Championship and Mille Miglia approached here as well. People recognize you now.

I always want to stack up against you. I'm sure you will grant my wish, right? Be a gentleman."

Okay, I accept. This is the first time I'll race with a woman. No prejudices, whatsoever.

Michiharu: "Which circuit?"

Tsubaki: "Going around in circles can be boring. You know, why not race in the same place where you chased me a while ago? Men love exciting things, right? Plus, I'm sure you're brave enough to take on the hills. You men love adrenaline rush, am I right?"

Whoa... Is she serious? This is not racing for pride here. It has turned to racing for life! Even Tomoko had to back down because of the danger associating the mountain pass. She's crazy!

Tsubaki: "What's with the silence? Can't handle that? Don't tell me you can't. You did not come at this point in life for nothing, you know?"

Michiharu: "All right. You asked for it, and I'm willing to give it. I'm not going to back down, even if I'm facing a woman!"

Tsubaki: "That's what I want to hear. Finally, a man taking me seriously. I'm so fed up with men taking me lightly because I'm a woman. Thank you for making this seemingly gloomy day a happy one. So, shall we race on Saturday? I will be fair, we will race in the afternoon, assuming this weather keeps up."

Michiharu: "I'm fine with it. Admittedly, I need time to practice."

Tsubaki: "So it's settled. I'll be waiting on that road, at 4 pm this Saturday. Be a dear and show up, okay? Well, time for me to go. It was nice meeting both of you."

Tsubaki gets in her car and leaves us. Even exiting the parking lot, that car is rapid.

And.... I'm not really expecting this at all. I did not do anything to provoke her to challenge me. This is the first time I met her!

I guess being popular isn't good all the time, huh? You'd end up getting attention, but in the racing world, getting attention also means earning rivals.

I guess it's time for me...

...to unleash the true potential of The Iron Mask!

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Addiction

Being popular now (according to Tsubaki's claims), you'll come across people who know you, and some have even intentions. I have never done anything to stimulate them. Maybe my victories reflect my skill, that people like Tsubaki will just pop up and challenge me to a dangerous street race.

I know that my life is at stake, but I cannot back down! I have encountered fights and I never back down in every single one of them.

After that little encounter, Tomoko dropped me home. She shouldn't have to do that. I can take a train when we entered Tokyo. I'll have to return the favor soon.

Maiko: "Oh Michiharu! You're too early for dinner. Abrupt change of plans?"

Michiharu: "I really wanted to go home, and ask Uncle Koichi about something."

Maiko: "About the new car?"

Michiharu: "Yes."

Maiko: "He'll return in an hour, since he went out again with the new car. I don't really get why he spends so much on that car. I don't want him to be in danger once again."

Michiharu: "Why? Has he been involved in street racing?"

Maiko: "Yes. You know, the moment he bought the GT-R, he took it out and challenged every street racer in the mountains. He has been involved in several accidents, yet still he keeps on coming back. He had stopped when we took you in, but after knowing your victories in past races, he takes time once again to modify a car, this time in the brand new car he gave to you. He is grooming you to be a racer, you know? He believes that you don't need to enroll in a racing school to be a fast driver. He believes in the power of experience, just as he had used to win his races."

Michiharu: "Actually, something like that will happen too. That's why I need uncle's help. I too, believe in experience. It's what makes one stronger. Not just my racing experiences, but also everything I had undergone. Pain, glory, and even...

...love."

Maiko: "You will be racing in the mountain passes too? It's too dangerous!"

Michiharu: "I know. But my pride tells me not to back down. When I'm challenged, I accept it."

We heard an idling exhaust note outside. It's uncle, he's arrived. Thank goodness. I want to learn something from him again. I missed him as a teacher....

Koichi: "Oh, you returned too soon. Something wrong?"

Michiharu: "Well..."

I told him what happened in Kanagawa. Then I am seeing a smile on his face. What? He finds it fun???

Koichi: "That's because you're popular. Street racers like her would think your prowess in the race track will apply in the streets as well. Time to show them your skill."

Michiharu: "But it would be entirely different, right? I mean, the race track is a controlled environment, while the streets are..."

Koichi: "...the streets have their own rules, Michiharu. Not even an FIA executive could comprehend such rules. There are special requirements for being a street racer.

And I think, you should take this racing break of yours... for you to experience the other side of speed. Tomorrow morning, we shall go to that mountain pass you mentioned."

That's great. As long as he is on my side, I am confident. Even if we will be tackling a dangerous road. That's how much I trust him.

The next day, we went back to that mountain pass in Kanagawa. It really is treacherous. Not even the likes of Tomoko would take this road bravely. Just why do street racers find this fun???

14195119429_4b46dcd001_c.jpg

Koichi: "Bury the throttle as soon as you get out of this hairpin. You'll love it."

I complied. Whoa!!! What's this?! There's a large surge of power! I never felt that in the Miura. The Miura's engine was rather smooth and responsive. But this...

14195315087_af03513cac_c.jpg

Just a brief moment after you step on the pedal, there is this surge of power equivalent to a tidal wave.

Michiharu: "What's this feeling? There's this surge of power..."

And then, I hear a hissing sound when I switch gears. This car takes the steep hill effortlessly!

14380324712_c27b555871_c.jpg

Koichi: "I'm sure you've noticed, that there are words such as "Turbo" is written all over the car."

Michiharu: "Yes."

Koichi: "That's because this car is equipped with it! A turbocharger is the easiest and cost-effective way of gaining more power! Enlarging the engine does the same thing, but it's a complicated and expensive method. It's starting to be a mainstream technology among car manufacturers. You don't get the smoothness from a non turbo engine, but this addicting surge of power is always there, when you need it!"

Ah... now I see why. And it does feel addicting... it's like you're asking for more!

Koichi: "Now then, approaching the next corner, brake hard, then turn the steering wheel abruptly to the right.

Wait, that means losing control! I have done that in when I was a newbie behind the wheel...

Michiharu: "But we're going to lose control!"

Koichi: "Believe me, it's effective on tight corners. Just do it."

Just like I said, I trust him. I trust my uncle and aunt with all my life.

Okay then, here goes! When I applied what he instructed, we are sliding! This is like losing control of Tomoko's Stratos once again.

Koichi: "Now steer to the opposite direction and apply the throttle!"

14401923743_505c0b6a90_c.jpg

That's what I do when I lose control, steer to the opposite direction to keep it IN CONTROL. I guess what he meant is a controlled slide.

14380323952_eb90bc7a0b_c.jpg

Koichi: "Don't lose it! Just keep stepping on it..."

14358659366_2841225163_c.jpg

Koichi: "There you go! That's how Keiichi Tsuchiya does it. This is the effective way on tight corners, just let it slide! That's how street racers do it!"

Keiichi Tsuchiya??? Ummm... who is he?

14195118049_2d084a1e65_c.jpg

Michiharu: "We are entering the steep downhill."

Koichi: "Fear will make you taste defeat. Don't ever show fear in this section. Just do it like you do at the track. Attack with bravery."

Okay, let me be clear. This Skyline is more manageable than the Miura because it's not as fast. Had I been in the Miura, we would have landed in the morgue.

I have managed to keep the car in check during the descent. I applied the brakes, and it slows down this car very well.

14195313687_8bc945d38b_c.jpg

Michiharu: "I like this car already. It reminds me of the Hakosuka GT-R, but with more power and better handling."

Koichi: "Of course, as time passes by, new developments make cars better to drive. Plus, I have modified this car too, to keep up with the competition you're bound to face."

14358658466_252fcd5452_c.jpg

Michiharu: "And this car's power... it makes me feel that I want to step on it. That surge of power is addicting indeed. You just want more of it."

Koichi: "So, are you ready to face her?"

Michiharu: "I need more time with this car. But yes, with this, I am confident in winning. She needs to be thankful...

...because she shall witness the extent of my abilities. I'm ready to bet my life on this!"

Koichi: "Though the weather today, is not cooperative. This is why street racing has its own requirements. You cannot control the forces of nature, and for street racers, it's business as usual.

You have to be prepared for the worst of weather conditions. The worst case scenario that could happen especially in high altitudes is...

...when fog enters the fray. This place is known to be foggy when the weather goes bad."

End of Page 8

Bonus Photo:

This should be in GT6 instead of those unnecessary variants of GT-Rs:

post-36356-1265684963.jpg

Come on Kaz, with your obsession on Skylines, why did you overlook on this? :mad:

Page 9 - Tomoko's Concern

Oh.... what??? It's raining heavily outside. Yesterday afternoon, it wasn't. And that was a good thing, considering I was getting to know the Tekkamen further. I'm not sure if I have plans of going out today.

Besides, I do want to spend some more time with the couple. I need to catch up with them, somehow.

But... I need to be prepared for this. If it rains tomorrow, then I should be able to race with my heart on it, with pride.

I didn't mind being soaked, and I am at the porch with a little shade above me anyway. I see a man wearing a straw hat, running briskly with two covered buckets hanging on a pole he's carrying on his shoulders. I'm sure even a large straw hat cannot protect you from this heavy rainfall. It's meant for shielding a person from the bright sun.

He's making a living, for sure. Rain or shine, he has to bring bread to his family.

The man in question hurriedly runs as he turned left at the main road. Until he accidentally bumps into Tsubaki. She falls down, with her umbrella displaced from her hand a few inches away.

Tsubaki: "Hey watch it! Are you... a fisherman?"

"Yes, ma'am.... Do you fancy my fresh seafood?"

Tsubaki: "The sea is a bit far from here. I assume you ply your wares across the city, don't you?"

"I do this for a living, ma'am."

Tsubaki: "You feed a family, I suppose."

"On the contrary, I'm alone. This is the only way I know how to fend for myself."

Tsubaki: "I see. Well, I am craving for octopus tonight. Do you have one?"

"Oh yes! Here!"

Tsubaki: "By the way, what's your name?"

"Masahiro Kanonji. I have been living alone ever since I got separated by a sea mishap when I was 10 years old. I believe I was the only one that survived..."

Tsubaki: "Kanonji? I know someone who has the same family name as yours. And he's famous..."

Masahiro: "R-Really? Who is he, then?"

Tsubaki: "Michiharu. Are you related to him?"

Masahiro: "Michiharu??? Oh.... yes. I'm the youngest brother among the three siblings, and he's the oldest. But I'm sure, he doesn't want to see me. We're not really close, and sometimes all three of us would quarrel. To tell you the truth, I used to live in a dysfunctional family, and a dysfunctional house."

Tsubaki: "Quite sad. No wonder he's that courageous. His family life might have taught him to fight. Anyway, thank you. And I'm sorry to bump at you. Are you sure the other seafood are okay?"

Masahiro: "Yes. Yes! Fortunately, they haven't fell off during our encounter. I'll see you then!"

Tsubaki: "We'll meet again, for sure..."

Masahiro: "Oh please do! Let us meet again!"

Time: 4 pm

The heavy rain still continues to pour. However, it's no challenge for something like an Audi Quattro.

14397063784_752a3c6770_c.jpg

In it is no other than Ben McCarthy, as he had purchased the car after he bought the house in Yokohama at the same prefecture. Tomoko accompanies him, and looks worried.

14211703217_4c979659cf_c.jpg

Ben: "This country's import tax penalties on foreign cars are quite cruel."

Tomoko: "That's because it's Japan's move to encourage people to buy our very own cars. This country has rapidly grown after the war, so it's no surprise if one can actually afford a supercar."

Ben: "I kinda noticed Ferraris and Lamborghinis roaming around Tokyo. I must say, this Audi is a wonderful alternative, and Four Wheel Drive is quite intriguing. I have no trouble keeping this car stable. Plus, the turbocharger provides an excellent shove for the car."

Tomoko: "But... I'm worried about Michiharu."

Ben: "I'm not surprised. And I'm impressed that he will have a duel on this treacherous road."

And they have met a spectacular sight - the fog.

14396786402_745ea96137_c.jpg

Ben still keeps his right foot planted on the accelerator.

Tomoko: "Hey! You're still accelerating?!?"

Ben: "Why would one back down?"

14375031126_90561aa54b_c.jpg

The car went past through with no incident. Tomoko is relieved.

Ben: "Relax... you worry too much on your boyfriend."

Tomoko: "Boyfriend??? Hey! We're just close friends, and it's normal for me to worry about him, right? When fog appears on a race track, the race will immediately get suspended until the fog clears out. But since we're in the mountains...

Ben: "You cannot control any force of nature."

Tomoko: "I'm confident on his racing abilities, but the duel worries me."

At the hairpin, Ben simply turns and accelerates the car. With the 4WD system controlling the car, it provided the grip it needs for it to be stable out of corners wherein a two wheel drive car could lose control in an instant.

14211531838_0e31d8dfa9_c.jpg

Ben: "Quite an intriguing piece of kit, I must say. Germans are totally serious and dedicated towards... anything. Too serious, if you may ask."

Tomoko: "If only Michiharu is driving a four wheel drive car."

Ben: "Too bad, this is currently the only high-performance four wheel drive car on sale. Also a good everyday car."

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The Michiharu vs. Tsubaki duel will take place on all three layouts of the Matterhorn. But of course, I'll do it in such a manner that it looks like a point-to-point race. Just let me know via PM when you're available for volunteering. The CR-X tune is already posted in a previous post, just browse through.

Thanking you in advance. :)

Page 10 - Cryptic Clue

And a day passed...

Today is the day that I shall be gambling on my life on this dangerous mountain pass duel. What's worse, it's raining again, it seems that fate is challenging me once again.

Uncle is at the garage, performing last minute setup before I leave. I am just looking at him, studying his every move. I need to learn how to tinker cars myself.

Koichi: "We have no choice. It's raining again."

Michiharu: "I guess I have to say my prayers before I head off."

Koichi: "That could work, but prayers help only a little. Your determination is the key element to your victory today."

He's right... it's the only thing I can depend on right now. I cannot ask the weather to stop raining, can I?

I will make it back alive. I swear...

Uncle closed the bonnet of the Tekkamen. The car is ready, and he hands over the keys to me.

Michiharu: "Good luck. And your auntie will serve sukiyaki for dinner. That should be enough motivation for you to come back in one piece. Hehe."

I love sukiyaki. I shall use that as my motivation.... Haha.

Time: 3:30 pm

Word on Tsubaki's duel has gotten around, that racers flock on the venue to witness the race. Tomoko and Ben are present as well.

Even someone like Richard has gotten intrigued...

14232855149_cafd1496dd_c.jpg

Richard: "I've heard a lot about this Tsubaki woman. She used to be challenged by the locals, but now... she is the one challenging someone. What made her come out and challenge that person?"

14233047457_4f67405b22_c.jpg

Richard: "Surely, her opponent must be very skilled for her to take notice."

He arrives at the parking area, and his arrival made Tomoko and Ben to notice him.

14416141161_6a4ecd0eba_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Hmmmmmm.... isn't that the one we saw in Tsukuba?"

Ben: "A Yankee, huh? Michiharu might know that person..."

I have arrived at the location. Whoa... what's the commotion? Why are there spectators? Is this a sanctioned race or not?

Then I joined Tomoko and Ben, with the former obviously concerned.

Ben: "This is what you get for being popular. This crowd. Don't expect this to be a secret of some sorts."

Tomoko: "You could back out if you want. It won't make you any less of a man. Your life is at stake here!"

Michiharu: "I'm going to be okay, Tomoko. This is my race, anyway. I'm motivated enough to win this. I have a team to work with, right? So I must live. This is not new to me. My past life was always at the fast lane, having to fight for my life."

And.... someone arrived. A familiar face.

Richard: "So it's you who will be racing, am I right? I just heard it from the crowd when you arrived. Don't lose, okay? You're not allowed to lose to anyone except me."

Heh.... oh right, he considers me as his arch-nemesis. I can deal with him later on, assuming I'll survive this ordeal.

Ben: "I guess Tomoko and I will be waiting at the finish point. Oh, since your car is rear-wheel drive, exercise more caution on this wet road. Your opponent's car is front-wheel drive, and has the advantage. But don't lose hope, the fact that your opponent's car is front-wheel drive....

....use that as an advantage. You have to find out what it is. You learn while you race. Ciao!"

Michiharu: "Hey wait!"

Damn... I don't get what he said. Rear-wheel drive??? Front-wheel drive??? What are those terms?!? Well, I've heard the former before, but until now, I don't know what it is, either. I'm still dumb about cars at this point.

The two have set off. He left me with a cryptic hint. I'm thinking and then waiting for Tsubaki at the same time.

A few moments later, Tsubaki finally arrives.

Tsubaki: "Sorry to keep you waiting. Shall we flip a coin? The winner will take the pole position."

Michiharu: "Tails for me."

She takes out a small coin from her pocket. After a flip, heads came out.

Tsubaki: "I see. Okay, I'll take the lead. Plus, I don't want anything bad happening to a first timer.

So, shall we begin? I want to see how tenacious you are, and how will you deal a condition like this. You are bound to encounter something like this on a race track too, so this is a welcome opportunity for you to learn more."

Michiharu: "I'm ready. And I am used to fighting with my life on the line."

There are two onlookers, one at the starting point and the other at the finish. Both are holding radio communication devices.

Onlooker 1: "Onlooker 1 here, status at the finish point?"

Onlooker 2: "Coast is clear. No oncoming vehicles. You can start the race."

This is it. Maybe only one of us will make it. But I am revving the car's engine with pride! I'm ready to bet my life!

14418210222_0ae244ba65_c.jpg

Onlooker 1: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

We're off! Shoot! I am wiggling at the launch.... which is enough for Tsubaki.

14416140721_5ee8965ab8_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "That's a big no-no when launching a rear-wheel drive car on a wet surface. As a professional race car driver, you should know that!"

And now... I'm struggling to keep my car in check at the turns. Ben's cryptic message manifests here!

14439676223_9b1dd02c18_c.jpg

Tsubaki's CR-X looks smooth clearing the corner! I, on the other hand, have to apply the opposite steering should I lose control...

14418209782_60affb90dc_c.jpg

Then... at the next corner! Oh shoot! I'm about to hit the barrier and fall! Damn... I've got to slow down!

14233046497_5337d6d080_c.jpg

Even if I said I'm ready to risk my life, that doesn't mean I'll give it up easily! I'm not going down without putting up a goddamn fight!

14232896310_061d6422e9_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "What's wrong? I thought pros are good at this. I should be the one feeling the pressure!"

14416140181_2c67f21800_c.jpg

That white CR-X takes this race like a walk in the park.

14416140081_46a363e4d4_c.jpg

Dammit! I'm always losing control at this wet road! Shouldn't all cars be losing control on wet surfaces at speed? What is a front-wheel drive car? And how can I exploit its weaknesses? Does her CR-X even have one?

My mind will get tired easily with all this thinking. But I must concentrate!

Heh... you put up a good fight, woman. I must admit, you are a far better adversary than those punks back in Kyoto.

End of Page 10

Page 11 - Unlikely Ally

I'm in a dilemma... Tsubaki's CR-X is mighty for its size. Plus, I'm struggling to control the car. Maybe it has something to do with what Ben has said. My car is rear-wheel drive, and that I should exercise more caution...

14426106315_0dd2ac77de_c.jpg

I'm utterly clueless, that's all I can say. But I'm more than motivated to win this!

Brake very gently...

14239501200_4183c663fe_c.jpg

Just like Uncle said, just let it slide. It's the best way to deal with tight turns.

14424801842_43445a4a20_c.jpg

With the wet road though, I need extra effort in keeping the car in control.

14424967044_c1c764d9e6_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "At least you're keeping yourself together. That's good. I don't want to be responsible to whatever will happen to you."

14239452829_ab4443e340_c.jpg

Huh? What's this? I'm actually keeping up... Why? Is she slowing down or what? Or is my car that powerful?

Tsubaki: "On a high speed section, the Skyline would definitely have an advantage. Plus, this is an incline..."

14422752151_1803e163ab_c.jpg

All right, time to settle this! I'll be faster at the next corner!

14424801582_bc2e160331_c.jpg

That's it... that's it. I'm locking on her...

Shoot! The car loses control! Damn this wet surface!

14424968594_45c8221908_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "This is a wet road, fool. You can't turn as fast as you can in the dry."

14422751831_6d274bc0f1_c.jpg

Damn! The only chance for me to win this has completely vanished!

Meanwhile, at around the finish point, the crowd is greeted by the sight of an uninvited guest...

14422751541_8e7f1ef1f6_c.jpg

14239500490_321d31e1f0_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Oh no! My fears have finally came true! The fog!"

Ben: "More excitement, eh? Even the gods know how to make a game interesting. Or perhaps, they are at Michiharu's side..."

14402973386_634a873617_c.jpg

Ben: "This is the ONLY place where Michiharu can attack, assuming he uses his head."

Tomoko: "You gave him a complicated clue, even it took me a while to get it.

Yes... this straight leading to the goal where we are standing right now will be Michiharu's only chance, and it's also an incline."

14446282903_9f95e3557c_c.jpg

Whew... I've kept up with her once again. But why??? Does this car have more power than her car?

14446282793_eb3f1e6210_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "Ugh... the road has gotten too slippery. The CR-X is starting to understeer. The same should be happening to Michiharu. Plus, the fog kicked in. This is totally dangerous."

14446282643_ff474e29c1_c.jpg

What's wrong with her car? It's starting to run wide at the corners.

We're close to the goal... But there's still glimmer of hope!

14422750871_e6a1859f17_c.jpg

Whoa.... the fog!!!

14422751541_8e7f1ef1f6_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "This is getting out of hand. All that matters now is finishing this race in one piece! What am I going to do???"

14239451469_e5c9bacc39_c.jpg

I don't care... the goal is nearby. I don't give a damn on this fog! Victory favors the bold!

Michiharu: "Let's go, Tekkamen! Show that CR-X what a turbocharger can do!"

I stepped harder on the pedal. Pedal to the metal! I will win this! Turbo Power!!!

14422750641_d67c498981_c.jpg

14239499260_1cd48782d5_c.jpg

Tsubaki: "Are you a fool?!? There might even be an oncoming car! You're just too brave!!!"

14446281923_8ecdcb2e52_c.jpg

I finally left her behind.

14402972406_080e40ba52_c.jpg

Tomoko is finally relieved when she sees Michiharu's car taking the victory, piercing though the fog.

Tomoko: "He did it..."

Ben: "Impressive. The question though, is that if he did use his head after all."

14424799372_6f6f705566_c.jpg

Whatever fight you encounter, whether a brawl, or a race, you have to be brave. Bravery can grant you strength to overcome challenges. Hesitation will lead you to defeat, and in all the fights I had in my past life, never did I hesitate, and I fought fiercely for my life, even if that was my father attempting to beat me up.

You have to be ridiculous, or stupid for once! Thinking too much will hamper you!

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Allure of Power

Whew.... I made it. And I won as well. That was really a race for life. Make a mistake, and you'll end up in a morgue.

Tomoko is very happy to see me... I'm sure I've made her worry for all this time. She can calm down now.

And Tsubaki is happy too. Huh... kinda rare to see someone happy after a loss. Hey, a loss can be a learning experience too, just like my first time driving the Hakosuka.

Tsubaki: "What do you know, I'm impressed. A man has finally defeated me, but more importantly, I was wrong to underestimate circuit racers.

It is true that the circuit provides us with plenty of opportunities, and the streets are an exciting venue. But, I have realized, that the risk of ending your career at the streets is far greater than the track. You'll easily lose your life here."

Michiharu: "I won this, because of motivation. I think it's one thing you'll need to win, whether on or off the track. When one is motivated, that person will do everything it takes to win, which is something that supports your view on street racing.

And whenever you are in a bout, you have to be motivated. Skill isn't just enough. That skill needs a push to win, and that's what made me take the victory in today's race. It was kind of fun, though. And you are a skilled adversary.

I'll admit... I have done stupid things during our race. Even I had to dare overtake you in the midst of the fog, at the risk of colliding at an oncoming car. That's just how motivated I am. I may be new to this road, but Motivation guided me."

Tsubaki: "Very well said, Michiharu. Now I'm seeing why you keep on taking victories.

Motivation... what an interesting word.

I guess I'll be setting off. It was a glorious race. Bye!"

She returned to her car and set off. Whew... I thought she'll be bitter and all. She took the loss graciously.

Ben: "So, have you finally understood the clue I gave to you?"

Michiharu: "It's too hard for me to comprehend. Sorry...

But you did hear me, motivation guided me to victory. Simple as that."

Ben: (What an interesting answer. Maybe it holds a place in my One Being theory. I think that's the one piece missing in my formula... Motivation.. I have always thought, emotions get in the way. Michiharu is probably the embodiment of my theory... but he does lack knowledge. Even so, he won battles using motivation alone?)

Tomoko: "The most important thing is, you made it. I'm so worried..."

Michiharu: "What have I told you before? I don't back down on my fights. I'll do everything to win. So don't worry, okay?

And it's time for us to go home! The rain is getting worse."

Time: 5:30 pm

When I arrived, the rain have finally stopped. That's should be, as it's bad to having rain pouring the entire day. It's just time for dinner.

When I took off my shoes, I hear a telephone ring.

Michiharu: "No one is answering... oh well. Hello?"

Gan: "Hey, hot shot! I've heard your victory a while back. Just wow, even with terrible conditions, you'll simply win."

He found out already?!?

Michiharu: "It's not as simple as you think. I was struggling during that race."

Gan: "Of course there would be struggles! Anyway, wanna ride in my new car? I'll pick you up by 9 and let's have a run at the expressway."

Michiharu: "Oh... okay."

He loves to show off, huh? Hasn't he learned from that encounter with the thief?

So at the appointed time, I'm waiting at the same place where I first met him. And a red supercar arrives...

...it's another Ferrari. I can tell, the badge is big enough for you to recognize it.

Gan: "My friend, this is the new Ferrari 288 GTO. Time to ride! I'm so eager to test the car's top speed."

Michiharu: "What we are doing today, will risk our careers."

Gan: "Hey, just get in! It's an order. And when can you experience 300 kilometers per hour once again?"

If you say so, Chief. All right...

14440387291_269f184375_c.jpg

Gan: "Wooooohoooooo!!!"

I'm not freaking out anymore. I guess I'm used to this speed, ever since I piloted the 330 P4. Oh how I miss that race car...

Gan: "More than 400 horsepower!!! This is the thing nowadays!"

14420612596_cd6cb59888_c.jpg

Gan: "Impressive cornering ability despite the explosive twin turbos!"

It's turbocharged too, huh? I can hear a hiss in the cockpit. Twin turbos...

We're literally blasting off when the car got out of the turn. It recovers at an astounding rate! This is what a turbocharger can do, huh?

14420612476_a8a2b2e6a3_c.jpg

Gan: "300 kilometers per hour, and still climbing!"

Then in the tunnel, Gan's thirst for speed continues.

14257135728_f5df0b033a_c.jpg

Gan: "325! 325 kilometers per hour!"

He backed off the throttle, seemingly satisfied with his new car's speed.

14442623164_937e4ce0f0_c.jpg

Gan: "Hehehehehehe... this is the quest of power for car manufacturers these days. Who cares about rising fuel prices? Once you get hold on to something like this, you have to exploit it! This is what power does to your mind. It corrupts you..."

Power... power... this is what everyone wants to achieve. But come to think of it...

14463908913_e8b84de0c4_c.jpg

Even if I did say I won by my motivation, I have to admit that I only resorted to the Tekkamen's power.

14257135208_6842e9e1e7_c.jpg

But there's something behind that quest for power. I don't trust it at all... I mean, I easily lost control of Ben's Countach, remember? And it was as powerful as Gan's 288 GTO, mind you.

So power is the answer for everything? Even someone like Richard would prefer powerful muscle cars. No... there's more to it than that!

Gan: "Let's stop by for a drink."

Michiharu: "You're driving, aren't you?"

Well, no use reprimanding him. We're in the bar now... Besides, I could use a drink now and then.

14442622954_8eb6858a1e_c.jpg

Once we get in, I'm surprised to see Richard inside, drinking sake while enjoying a plate of sushi.

Richard: "Hey, Michiharu! Time to celebrate! Join me!"

Gan ordered sake as well. I am just looking at Richard. I can't believe my nemesis is that friendly. Or is it a trap?

Richard: "I'm trying something new now and then. Sushi isn't bad after all."

Michiharu: "Glad to hear it."

Richard: "Since you won that race a while ago, why don't we race again? I'm sure you have moved up a lot."

I knew it, he's asking for another race. But where???

Richard: "Since you raced in the mountains today, let us race in the expressway next Saturday. Our cars will surely enjoy it there, with their powerful engines resting under their hoods.

I am not going to be so easy next time, Michiharu. Me and my Firebird shall crush you. I have worked hard for me to achieve this, and I cannot lose it again.

I will show you what power truly is. If there's one thing Japanese cars has to learn, that is Power! Power is running this world, and so does the world of cars. Just what can a tiny engine bring you? Can't afford to go out of the box? Do all Japanese cars have to be efficient and reliable?

I shall be the one introducing the American muscle in the streets of Japan! And maybe this country will learn a thing or two from America once again, after your humiliating defeat after the war."

That's it... I cannot tolerate his insults toward my country once again. I have to be rough this time... I am looking at him... with an intent to kill.

Michiharu: "All right then. I'll race you. But...

...never ever show up in this country once again after I beat you. You should realize, that a visitor must take off their shoes upon entering a home. But you didn't... you have stepped in this country with your dirty shoes."

End of Page 12

I need volunteers for Richard Sommer's Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

Color: Mayan Red Hood Bird
Tires: Sports Medium
PP: 475
HP: 325
Weight: 1490 kg (Stage 1 weight reduction, body color carbon hood, window weight reduction, then add 46 kg of weight and set ballast position to 50%)

Weight Distribution: 55:45

Installed Parts:

Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Fully-Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Oil Change
Increase Rigidity
Racing Brakes

Settings:

Suspension:

Ride Height: F: 110 R: 115
Spring Rate: F: 6.74 R: 6.52
Dampers Compression: F: 4 R:4
Dampers Extension: F: 4 R: 4

Anti-Roll Bars: F: 5 R: 5
Camber: F: 0 R : 0 (You can experiment on camber settings, since it's fixed now)
Toe F: -0.05 R: 0

LSD

Initial Torque - 9
Acceleration - 18
Braking - 10

Transmission: STOCK

Exterior:

Aero Kit Type B
Other - Part C
Rims: American Racing VN500 (Inch Up: 1)

Duel Venue: Special Stage Route 5

Page 13 - Thirst for Power

No... I'm not drunk. I really did become blunt on Richard. He has to stop. At first, why did he settle in this country if he hates everything in it at all? So that he can show how powerful America is? So that he can bully smaller nations?

Seriously, I think there is a real reason why. He can't just hate someone for no reason. He'll be a pathetic president, really...

Richard: "All right then. However, if I win, then you'll sell your Skyline to me."

Michiharu: "If that's your wish."

Richard: "You know... just hear me out. I honestly don't like living here. Even if my father lost his leg during the war, he forced us to live here. He is stationed, in Yokohama, while me and my mother sell hotdogs in Daikoku Futou. Every single day, from puberty, I just have to loathe the country that crippled... no... severed my father's dreams. And I can't believe your people had just gotten over what happened, I am infuriated, whenever I watch them, smiling while at their chores, forgetting what gruesome acts your country did to the world."

Gan: "I guess sake makes people tell the truth, huh? Thank you for letting that off the chest."

Richard: "And that's why at that race, I'll wage war."

Michiharu: "You're just ridiculous. You are the one living in the past. Let's go, Gan. I cannot afford reasoning with this man."

I immediately stormed out. I just don't want to deal with those type of people. Gan followed suit, and we just decided to head home.

14271302450_5ac6210159_c.jpg

Gan: "Cool down, Michiharu. You'll meet all types of people in your career. And it's normal for people like him to view us like that."

Michiharu: "I know what our country did during the war, but wasn't that heartfelt apology enough? What does he want, for our prime minister to commit seppuku?"

14478062693_b7164bc5a8_c.jpg

Gan: "So you'll be racing here. Most likely."

Michiharu: "Well, the highway kinda looks easier to race in."

Gan: "This is the only place to fully unleash the power of your Skyline. And so does Richard and his Firebird."

Michiharu: "He's just playing with his life here. Oh well, I can't complain about the race. I'll fight back if I have to. That's who I am. I'm a fighter."

14457899685_f7f262f00b_c.jpg

Gan: "I guess this is World War III, then? But don't let the war hinder you. What's past, is past. Just drive like you always do."

He dropped me off at the convenience store nearby home. Whew... what a day. Quite a long day; and I need to sleep.

When I arrived home, I immediately head to the garage, and I once again stared at the Tekkamen...

14314293856_99157818a3_c.jpg

Koichi: "Where have you been?"

Michiharu: "Richard once again challenged me to a race. A race in the highway."

Koichi: "I knew that day would come. Ever since I bought that Skyline, I have prepared it."

Michiharu: "I have a question. What's the excitement brought about by the streets? Why people like Richard seem to enjoy racing in that dangerous venue?"

Koichi: "The answer is simple. The thirst of power. The circuit has regulations, and dictates what you must do, while the streets don't. The possibilities are endless, hence that thirst of power was born.

Every racer is in dire need of it. Don't ever fall prey to it. Power is a dangerous element. And I bought this car for you to realize how dangerous the quest of power is, that it needs to be controlled. Yes, we all want to be more powerful, and faster. But to achieve those things, one must practice self-control. Self-control is vital, for you to be successful. If you don't, then you'll fall into greed, and you'll ask for more. You'll never be satisfied. And people who lust for more, will never be successful."

That is insightful. Maybe Richard is like that. He is very eager to prove how superior he is over the locals. His quest for power never stops, because I have defeated him twice.

And I am almost about to fall in that trap. I must not! I have to control my urges. Asking for more in the world of speed could be risky. Sometimes, one has to lay low.

No wonder I lost control of the cars I've driven before. I asked for more... I asked them too much, that they turned on me and taught me a lesson.

I'm going to show to Richard how he lusted too much for power. I also believe that even the streets will show the error of his ways.

Time: 10 pm

Hiroyuki is heading out from his room, and then goes to knock at the door just in front. Opening the door, is a foreign man of the same age, with a pair of luggage, but Hiroyuki carries one of them.

The man is named Dexter Heidelberg, Hiroyuki's classmate during his high school days. The two are close, despite Hiroyuki's demeanor...

Dexter: "You don't have to carry my other luggage. I'm taking the elevator anyway."

The two entered the elevator, and Hiroyuki presses the button of the Ground Floor.

Hiroyuki: "You're heading back to West Germany, am I right?"

Dexter: "Yes, I am pursuing my university studies in Heidelberg University. I'll be taking up biochemistry."

Hiroyuki: "Just make sure you talk in layman's terms when we have a chat next time, okay? I'm not that intelligent like you are."

Dexter: "Seeing you race actually inspired me to take up that course. I know it's irrelevant, but I will pursue a research that will benefit the racing community."

Hiroyuki: "Which is?"

Dexter: "I want to enhance the capabilities of a racer via a medication. Thanks to you bringing me to your practice sessions, I am always intrigued on how a race car driver maintains his physical form. That's why I'm pursuing the field of biochemistry."

Hiroyuki: "Just make sure it's not something illegal, okay? But if that happens, I'll be the very first person to stop you."

The two then exit the elevator as they reached the lobby. Then they go outside, with Dexter waiting for a taxi.

Dexter: "You have changed a lot."

Hiroyuki: "It took only one person... and a punch... to make me change my views. Maybe it'll also take one person...

...to change the world."

End of Page 13

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- If you did notice Hiroyuki's last statement, it was a vision. Hiroyuki can sometimes foresee things. And 30 years later, Dexter did change the racing world, albeit in a wrong way. His research had spawned not only his robotic son, but, unknown to him, also what would be Dream Alliance's next opponents - the robots of Team Silverblade.

It won't be easy to undo the huge mistake that Dexter started...

Page 14 - World War

So the streets are much preferred because of a racer's desire for power? You know, everyone wants one, regardless from what walk of life you're from. I, for one, desire to be successful, but I believe power isn't the only answer! It's something to be controlled, or else you'll sink into madness.

My father is a power-tripping person, and would just dominate the family; that's why I don't believe acquiring success through power alone. Look at what happened to my family, we're torn apart.

Richard is on the quest to be the greatest just like me, but he has been allured too much by power. He is eager to crush me with this newfound power, along with his hatred with the Japanese.

It's time for him to learn a lesson...

And then, Uncle bought the Tekkamen to serve as a lesson on how dangerous the quest for power is. He wants me to have it, but it has to be tamed. That car is a reflection of what he said, and it does prove to be explosive.

So, on that day of the duel, I am eagerly waiting for Richard. A week quickly gone by, probably because fate wants this rivalry to be settled once and for all.

Uncle Koichi tagged along, eager to see my skills.

Koichi: "Richard again, huh? Oh boy... and I never realized his deep hatred on this country.

Michiharu: "He could have just packed up and go back to America, if he felt being forced by his father to live here. That would solve the problem. But he has to do a living here, he has no choice."

Speaking of the devil, he finally arrives.

Koichi: "That Firebird... Smokey and The Bandit fan, aren't we?"

Richard: "Heroes arrive in style, and I shall be the hero that will once again triumph over the evil Japanese. Now, line up your car. 3 laps around this highway, what do you say?"

Uncle and I get in the car. I firmly gripped the steering wheel when I lined up for the start.

Koichi: "Stay focused. Let that man live on his insecurities. You are here to win, to serve a lesson."

Suddenly, he launched! What the!? The race has started already? No countdowns, huh?

14462157921_964941b6ef_c.jpg

14278901430_02f6e82fb7_c.jpg

Richard: "I cannot let my money spent on modifications go to waste. I have to show him how powerful I really am!"

14278901280_7e3b18b954_c.jpg

Koichi: "Decent cornering for an American muscle."

I didn't reply... I have to focus. I have to drive like I always do. I won't let anger get in my way...

14442412906_a8d92bd853_c.jpg

Koichi: "Oooooooh... pretty swift for a heavy car."

But I am more amazed at this car's cornering. Did Uncle fiddle it once again? Or maybe this is its true handling capability on the dry? Either way, I find this easier!

14462157551_d216d22571_c.jpg

See? Look how I closed the gap at the hairpin. This is easier to handle than the Hakosuka, definitely.

14465514815_1d2c926f26_c.jpg

Richard: "What? Impossible! My modifications should allow this car to be faster than his in every single way!"

Hiroyuki's statement about muscle cars still holds water. Your car has a barbaric chassis!

That's odd... why am I keeping up at the main straight?

14462157361_1ca2064d7a_c.jpg

Michiharu: "I thought his car has more power. But I am keeping up."

Koichi: "Stay behind him. That's the easiest way to gain speed. It's called Slipstream. By riding behind your opponent's wind resistance, you lose your wind resistance, and gain speed!"

All right! He could have explained it in a better way, but I got the gist of it!

End of Page 14

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- In the next page, I'll post the setup on Ryuji's Shelby GT350.

For now, I have a cold... and I need rest... and sleep early. :P

Page 15 - The Price

Odds are starting to be in my favor. That simple gain in speed helps me big time...

14469401401_3a4687b308_c.jpg

Koichi: "Now put pressure on him!"

14464165852_dae4c3db46_c.jpg

Attempting to overtake him is one simple way. In that manner, the opponent will start to panic.

The Firebird suddenly loses control on braking! All right, time to charge!

14278877269_15d71f3c0a_c.jpg

Richard: "No!!!"

Heh... the same old hasty you I encountered back in Monaco. Your pride will be your downfall...

14278877069_4cb734aecf_c.jpg

Richard: "I cannot allow defeat on my part once again! I stand over you! I am more powerful! I will not allow some Japanese econobox defeat my Firebird!"

Hey Richard, think you can do this?

14286323457_b1bf234deb_c.jpg

14286141139_fc5d4a7e22_c.jpg

Richard: "Heh... show off. As if that pathetic trick will startle me. It's not yet over, Michiharu Kanonji!"

Koichi: "He's increasing his pace. He's getting desperate."

14286141019_eb5b1c6639_c.jpg

Richard: "Why can't I keep up with that piece of junk?! This car should keep up!"

His desperation is making things worse for him. He should keep his cool... even a car like the Firebird has its limits. You cannot force it to do too much.

And I buried it full throttle! Yeah, that addicting boost... Come on Tekkamen, let us show the world that Japan also has a muscle car!

14472765845_ba7c818a54_c.jpg

Richard: "Hehehehehehehe..... ahahahahahahaha! You fool! You think you'll get away easily? Remember this, this is war! Our lives are at stake! I'll shall end your career once and for all! You'll never ever beat Americans! Remember that! I'll end this with the trick you are popular with..."

14286150850_69ea1fe7ec_c.jpg

Richard: "THE KAMIKAZE!!! We'll die together! This is one thing the Japanese are very good at, right? Dying with honor is the most perfect way to end your life, won't you agree?!? You took away my father's future, so I shall take away yours!!!"

On the first tunnel, just hit the brake. It's a high speed corner, though...

Richard's last resort ultimately turns out to be a failure. Michiharu's braking allowed the Tekkamen to evade the Firebird's suicide attack.

Eh??? The Firebird just darted by my side.

14472765605_686aac593d_c.jpg

Koichi: "He won't make it. He's too fast."

Richard: "Waaaaaaaahhhhh!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!"

14471592054_44cccdb70d_c.jpg

And finally, he crashed. That's the price to pay for playing with power. You'll never be able to defeat me that way.

Koichi: "Ouch! That's a bad hit!"

14492908453_56cbe27465_c.jpg

I decided to stop. Hey, I'm not that cold-hearted to leave someone to die. Even if it's obvious that he's discriminating our country.

14286140529_a5b56f9170_c.jpg

We went out and then I opened the driver door. Richard is filled with blood, and he can't move his right leg. I reached out my hand, but he just retaliates by attempting to hit me with his hand. However, I punched his nose.

Yeah, that's for insulting my country. And I think more blood is necessary for you to come into senses.

Uncle uses the emergency phone to call for the ambulance.

Richard: "Aaah!"

Michiharu: "Don't ever think of retaliating. Or more blood will come out of your face."

Richard: "Why are you helping me???"

I dragged him out of the car and I let him lean at his car's rear.

Michiharu: "You are a totally different American from the ones I saw in the USA. But I help someone who is in need."

Richard: "Heh... I think I have followed my father's footsteps. I'm crippled. Happy now?"

Michiharu: "At least you didn't lose your leg."

Richard: "All right... I'm going back to America like you said. I really don't belong here."

Michiharu: "I hope this will serve as a lesson for you. You are blinded too much by power, in your quest to defeat me. I thought this is a simple rivalry, but it's actually deeper than I imagined."

We heard sirens, and I go back in the car.

Koichi: "We'll leave him?"

Michiharu: "I'm sure the paramedics will take care of him better than we do. Let's go. He'll never see us again, anyway.

Koichi hopped in and we left him limping on his defeat.

See? Your hatred will turn out to be your downfall. It's not going to solve anything. You sought power, but you did not utilize it properly, and it ended up betraying you.

You are now crippled for life, and so does your dreams. Don't blame me. Blame yourself. If you kept your mind open and moved on, it could have ended differently.

But rest assured, I no longer hold contempt towards your race.

End of Page 15

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I need a volunteer to drive Ryuji's Shelby GT350. Duel will take place in Suzuka.

Here is the setup:

Color: White/Racing Stipes

Wheels: American Racing Vintage TORQ THRUST Inch Up 1 (Rim color must match the blue stripes)

Weight: 1160 kg (Weight Reduction Stage 1, Carbon hood body color, window weight reduction, add 20 kg and then set ballast position at 50%)

Weight Distribution: 53:47

PP: 477
HP: 344 HP

Installed Parts:

Semi-Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Suspension
Oil Change
Increase Body Rigidity

Tune:

Suspension (F/R)

Ride Height: 80/80
Spring Rate: 7.75/7.50
Compression: 4/6
Extension: 4/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Negative Camber: 1.5/2.0
Toe Angle: 0.15/0.40
Racing Brakes: 6/5

LSD:

Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration: 15
Braking: 10

Transmission: STOCK

Tires: Sport Medium

And also, I apologize for removing the replay data of the Countach vs. F40 duel. We'll have to do it again. The F40's setup will be posted soon. But it doesn't have to be a priority.

Page 16 - Sibling Showdown

Time: 9 am

Hiroyuki and his team are at the track way ahead of the other teams for the practice. He will be participating in a race which will happen after lunch.

14323656449_5558d583a4_c.jpg

His team director, Shinji, is talking with the mechanics, until a surprise visit by Kaido prompts the director to turn his attention to the surprise visitor.

Shinji: "Are you looking for someone?"

Kaido: "I am Hiroyuki's personal mechanic and I was invited to watch."

Shinji: "Personal mechanic?"

Kaido: "During his Lone Wolf days, yes. And even your mechanic might be wondering how his 2000GT got that fast."

14323656189_0f7b130425_c.jpg

Shinji: "Oh...right. Even my crew is baffled with the modifications you installed."

Kaido: "It's faster than all of the racing-specification 2000GTs."

Shinji: "Wild claims, eh?"

Kaido: "Toyota's works teams were just restricted. But then you'll just realize that it can do a lot more."

14509140402_eb67648c42_c.jpg

Kaido: "Besides, it has to be ready for next Saturday. With a little more work, I believe it can go head-to-head with Ryuji Hiramoto's Shelby GT350."

Shinji: "Oh, that ungrateful man, eh? So the rumors are true, after all. A sibling showdown will happen in Suzuka.

I must admit, a part of me misses him."

14323813727_a667326c87_c.jpg

Hiroyuki returns to the pit lane to cool down. He sees Kaido after leaving his car to the mechanics.

Hiroyuki: "I'm glad you've arrived."

Kaido: "I thought I'm the only tuner you can trust, huh?!?"

Hiroyuki: "Silly, I didn't say I'm going to abandon you. There's one thing left to do before that showdown in Suzuka."

Kaido: "Whew... well, what is it?"

Hiroyuki: "Make this car lighter. That's the only thing left."

Kaido: "Well, we'd better get to work after this race. That's because your little brother posted the lap time in Suzuka which is as fast as yours. 2 minutes and 21 seconds.

It's a threat, I tell you."

14510263865_bd1f2a31f6_c.jpg

14323813547_f32527a303_c.jpg

Kaido: "And according to some watchers, that GT350 takes corners like a walk in the park. Don't just scoff at it!"

Hiroyuki shows a grin and crosses his arms. And he shows a smile once again, something that he rarely does.

Hiroyuki: "Well, that's good for him. I don't want a boring match, after all.

If he posts a faster lap time, it still doesn't matter. After all, they're just numbers."

Shinji: "Numbers??? Hey, even though I fell out with him, Ryuji's GT350 is a serious machine!"

Hiroyuki: "That is my point. THEY. ARE. JUST. NUMBERS. That's what my theory is in a nutshell."

Kaido: "Oh... that."

Shinji: "Theory???"

Hiroyuki: "Our theories shall clash next Saturday. What could look like a boring match, will actually be a high level clash of beliefs.

If you'll excuse me, I'll head to a pay phone and call a close friend of mine."

Yawn..... shoot! It's 9 am! Well, I slept late after that duel with Richard last night. It was as dangerous as the race with Tsubaki. Luckily, there's no traffic car in sight.

And I won't get to see that Richard guy again. He had it coming. It's his loss, not mine. It's his fault why he'll be crippled for life.

And so, I descended through the stairs. I hear a phone ringing... Oh, it's sunny outside. I can go to church no problem at all.

Oh well, gotta pick it up. Uncle and Aunt went out, I think... I'm only alone.

Michiharu: "Hello?"

Hiroyuki: "This is Hiroyuki."

Michiharu: "How did you know my number???"

Yeah... and what does he want from me?

Hiroyuki: "It so happened that my team director knows Gan Kurosawa, and once I got to contact him, he gave me your number. I hope that's an acceptable reason."

Michiharu: "Hmmm... what do you want? What makes you call here?"

Hiroyuki: "Make yourself available this coming Saturday in Suzuka."

Showdown??? Already??? Hey! Let me prepare for it!

Michiharu: "We're going to settle this already?"

Hiroyuki: "Time will determine that. You must watch me. From there, maybe you'll come up with a strategy on how to beat me. I'll be racing against my little brother. You have to be there. If you won't, then I won't be motivated enough to beat him."

What?!? Hey, don't use me!

Michiharu: "Heh.... I want to see your potential. I will come, don't worry. I'll be your moral support, then."

Hiroyuki: "Exactly. So, I shall head off. I'm expecting you next week, okay? Be a man and keep your word."

Maybe he should be a man and keep his word. Hah!

I want to see his full potential. Opportunities like this in a rivalry must be taken seriously.

End of Page 16

Back