The Boom: Officially Ended; Car Reveals for The Next Fanfic

What could be the perfect cars for the Dream Match of Takuma vs. Nobuhiko?

• Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car vs. Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mazda Furai vs. Toyota TS030 Hybrid

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mazda RX-500 vs. Toyota FT-1 (both are at 550pp)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Pagani Zonda R vs. McLaren F1 GTR Base Model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello there, readers! :)

Tomorrow, the duel might happen. Depends on the availability of the volunteers.

In the present-day era fanfics, I might add this mini-story. IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE.

Yuki Kanonji gets chased by a white Sprinter Trueno AE86 (or white NSX-R) driven by a mysterious driver wearing a jade green helmet and race suit, each time he passes by a touge in Gunma.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. He's a real-life (obviously) very popular and very respected racer.

Also, a poll will be added later on. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand....

A 3-way duel will happen in the future. So I need 2 volunteers. I'll update you on this.

Last edited:
Hello there, readers! :)

Tomorrow, the duel might happen. Depends on the availability of the volunteers.

In the present-day era fanfics, I might add this mini-story. IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE.

Yuki Kanonji gets chased by a white Sprinter Trueno AE86 (or white NSX-R) driven by a mysterious driver wearing a jade green helmet and race suit, each time he passes by a touge in Gunma.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. He's a real-life (obviously) very popular and very respected racer.

Also, a poll will be added later on. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand....

A 3-way duel will happen in the future. So I need 2 volunteers. I'll update you on this.

I can do the duel, I have the GT350 setup now and I can probably make the 3 way one too. :cheers:

Page 17 - Hiramoto Clash (Pre-Race)

So I was invited to watch Hiroyuki's race against someone. I don't know who he is, but he must have been so special that he needs me to watch it. What's the need? An opportunity to see Hiroyuki's racing skills, and that I should take note, for he said that they might be useful for me to beat him.

Huh... how generous of him. I'm not sure if that's an effective way to beat your opponents by exposing everything you have. It's his way of making me aware on how skilled he really is.

I consulted Uncle Koichi about this, and he even decided to tag along on that day. He's curious about Hiroyuki's potential too. Who would not be? After all, he's more popular than me, and more accomplished.

Then came that day...

When we arrived at Suzuka at around 9 in the morning. I see a racing crew, moving around a lot, probably too busy.

I looked around and Ben and Tomoko have arrived. Were they invited too?

Ben: "So you're here to watch too."

Michiharu: "I was invited by Hiroyuki."

Tomoko: "Well, we came here because we heard of it. Words really spread a lot faster than a Formula 1 car."

Ben: "Going to cheer up your former crush, I suppose. Someone here might get jealous."

Tomoko: "Hey, it's not! I'm just.... curious!"

Ben: "Since Hiroyuki is still not around, let's have a little run. Get in my Audi."

What??? Say that again? Awwwww.... di? Awdi... Oh so that's how you say Audi - "awdi". Oh well, I learned another car brand this time.

It's a blue, boxy coupe. And the steering wheel is at the left. I suppose it's a foreign car too.

Ben: "You drive."

Oh great... then I'll crash it again. Seriously, why does he have to let me drive his car? Part of the learning process, I suppose.

We headed out of the pit lane. As soon as I stabbed the throttle, there is an instant thrust! Much stronger than the Tekkamen's! Automatically, it has more power. And hearing another hiss, it's turbocharged too!

Entering the first corner, I am taken by shock! Not because the car is hard to control, but because it's EASY to control through the turn!

14371650219_a337e36d80_c.jpg

It has plenty of grip! Is this still a rear-wheel drive car? And then that thrust is felt once again as the car exited the corner.

Michiharu: "This is totally different. The car cooperates with me."

Ben: "That's because this car is Four-Wheel Drive. You get traction whenever you need it."

Four-wheel drive. There's rear wheel drive, and there's front-wheel drive. So that means... power is sent to all four wheels? How does it work? I didn't know that it could be possible.

Ben: "You know, in your career, you are bound to drive all types of cars. You have to. Don't stop learning."

14371659908_789b89d94d_c.jpg

Indeed he's right. Plus, with this car easy to drive, I guess winning could be easier. Time passes, and so does the technology. Of course you need all the traction you can have.

But with the explosive power the turbo can provide, along with the abundant grip the four-wheel drive system provides, this is a perfect combination! I could buy a car like this in the future!

Ben: "I must admit though, this car can be addicting. It just blasts away."

In the midst of the run, Hiroyuki arrives. He goes straight to his crew.

14578349673_1e96721ea2_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Sorry I'm a little late. Anyway, let's get to work. Kaido has lightened this car's body further."

Shinji: "I wonder what to say when your little brother arrives...."

Hiroyuki: "Just tell him that you don't miss him at all."

Shinji: "Please... just do whatever you have to do. Let him know that I didn't regret hiring you."

Hiroyuki: "Let me be clear. I am not doing this for your agenda. I am doing this to prove a point to him. I believe revenge is not the answer."

Shinji: "I see. Then I wish you good luck. I believe in your theory too, upon hearing it from you a few days ago."

Hiroyuki: "First things first... I need a duct tape."

Shinji: "Duct tape? Why?"

Hiroyuki: "You'll see it once I get back in the car when the race starts. Let's wait for Ryuji."

We returned to the pit lane. I finally saw Hiroyuki, talking to his mechanics. So he belongs to a team now, huh? I guess he finally threw away his old persona.

Ben: "I thought he's a one-man show. No one can stand being lonely forever. No one can."

With my fists clenched - and I even don't know why - I approached Hiroyuki, who is doing some warm-up stretching.

Hiroyuki: "Heh... you actually came. Thank you."

Michiharu: "Why would I waste a golden opportunity? I must see this, after all. Maybe I can devise ways on how to beat you. But I already had a glimpse of your skills. Remember the time we spent together as partners in Mille Miglia?"

Hiroyuki: "Then do that. That's good. Every moment counts."

Then we hear a loud engine noise. Another car is coming.

14558254785_baec9263d9_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "He's finally here."

Michiharu: "Who is he?"

Hiroyuki: "My competitive little brother, Ryuji."

Another American muscle car? It sounds almost the same as the Cuda I have driven in America.

Ben: "So Hiroyuki is racing against a Yank Tank? Yank Tanks are everywhere. Their hero status makes them so desirable, yet they're only heroes on the big screen."

Ryuji: "Sorry I'm late to the party. Shall we get this over with?"

Shinji: "How long has it been? You know, it could be better for both of you if you two actually work for me. But I guess you are hostile with each other.

Hiroyuki wishes a 3-lap race."

Ryuji: "That's fine with me. Maybe I can even outrun him already on the first lap."

Hiroyuki: "Careful what you say. Numbers mean nothing to me. Results can be achieved from within you, not on your car's credentials.

At the end of the race, only one theory will emerge the victor."

Hiroyuki gets in his car. He reaches for a duct tape, and uses it to tape around his right hand on the steering wheel!

Huh??? Why? Why does he tape his right hand on the wheel?

Oh right.... I almost forgot. He steers using only one hand. Up to this day, I'm still wondering what are the benefits of that technique. I had always thought that he just shows it off to his passengers.

Ben: "Masochist, eh? What, to prevent yourself from cheating?"

The two cars line up at the starting point. Both cars rev their engines.

So it's a clash of theories after all. Which one shall emerge the victor?

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- That's it for now. A short pre-race event, but an important one.

- The duel can be arranged on Friday. Tomorrow is much better.

- Now you see why Michiharu ended up with an R32 GT-R - the sheer point and squirt abilities of the Audi Quattro pushed him to buy one. And of course, his fondness of the Skyline heritage.

Page 18 - Hypothesis

This is a sibling showdown. Hmmmm.... it's quite normal for brothers to bicker. Well, I never experienced that either, when I was in Kyoto. I interacted very rarely with my little siblings. I left them to fend for themselves, even before that sea accident that separated the three of us.

But I guess this isn't the typical brotherly banter. This is not ordinary bickering. This has gotten serious. When both became accomplished racers in their own right, tension would rise. They're not going to settle things through words alone. They have to be concrete. They have to prove it to their deaths.

I wonder... what is Hiroyuki's theory? Why is he holding it dear, and fiercely?

14563633004_03fceca349_c.jpg

Tomoko: "And the race begins!"

Ben: "Look at that Yank Tank go. Shelby... Carroll Shelby. The man that rocketed Ford GT40s to victory. One of the few Yankees I respect."

Michiharu: "Say, I'm just wondering... what are the benefits of driving using only one hand on the steering wheel? I've seen it once back in Mille Miglia, and now Hiroyuki uses it again, albeit this time a duct tape secures his right hand."

Ben: "There are. It's not showing off or performing a daredevil stunt of some sorts. I've known a handful of drivers who have mastered it. More recently, rally driver Timo Salonen is quickly rising to fame using that technique in rallying."

Tomoko: "Steering using only one hand?"

Hiroyuki observes his little brother. What he sees piques his interest.

14542213376_c74973572c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Interesting. That Shelby holds its line tightly."

14585394683_38d376e1f8_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Aniki... don't ever think I'm slacking off. I have prepared long enough for me to defeat you once and for all, and to prove that my little theory is right."

Back in the pits, Ben is having a smoke. He is delivering his explanation on Hiroyuki's one hand steering technique.

Ben: "It takes dedication and possibly, a lifetime to master that technique. It's not something that can be mastered in one sitting. Pretty sure, Hiroyuki has yet to fully master it."

I assume all techniques require dedication. Then Tomoko simulates steering actions using her two arms. Then upon switching to just one hand to steer, she has just realized something.

Tomoko: "Using only one hand... it means that one can't steer properly!"

Ben: "You may say that it's much easier to turn the wheel using two hands. But in actuality, the one hand steering technique makes your driving smoother."

And then his manager overheard our conversation. He joined us willingly... I think he knows more.

Shinji: "That technique, is the major part of his theory. Or should I say, key part.

Since you are his audience, you deserve to know.

His theory is rather simple. He believes that regardless of car performance, the driver matters the most. That's why his weapon of choice is his one hand steering technique, to prove that smoothness is key, and that power must be controlled, not to be depended upon. His 2000GT plays a role as well, since it has significantly lower power.

What I'm worried about though, if he can hold his own against Ryuji. The Shelby GT350 was built for racing as well.

And this is where Ryuji's theory comes in. Ryuji, on the other hand, believes that the car's performance must be easily accessible for the drivers. More power, better handling makes it easier for the driver.

Come to think of it, either one those two theories are plausible. But in battle of course, only one comes out the victor."

Finally, I found something that Hiroyuki and I agree on. Power is not a plaything. It corrupts you. It is needed, but it must be restrained at some points.

14561919821_9c87251869_c.jpg

Ryuji: "With the suspension changed, I can fully control this GT350! With more power and better handling, how can I lose? How can it lose to your stupid theory?!?"

Hiroyuki: "Heh... what a show off. Time for me now to experiment on something... this is for my theory, after all."

At the Spoon corner, Hiroyuki locks on, ready to perform his "experiment".

14542214246_ac8709d5e9_c.jpg

With perfect timing, Hiroyuki moves in. His right hand only receives steering feedback, and has gotten used to fight back the forces while having to perform precision inputs.

14585393853_18ea15a50c_c.jpg

Then, he taps the Shelby's rear, causing it to lose balance for a moment.

14564470732_53153de808_c.jpg

14378713429_6afa2cb9af_c.jpg

Ryuji: "You prick! Hey! You're not the one who resorts to cheap tricks, are you?"

14565304545_245df6a1a6_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Impressive. You managed to control all 350 horsepower? On a barbaric chassis? You have gotten better, I must admit. Time to stop playing around, though."

The two cars pass by the main straight. Huh? Why is Hiroyuki holding back? I thought he's the one who ends his battles immediately. Or is it because of the opposing car's power?

Ben: "Heh... this bout has gotten more fascinating. If I were Hiroyuki, I'd also stand back and observe my opponent."

14564470182_247e25b8f8_c.jpg

Ryuji: "From here on, I shall prove to you why I'm right. Just watch carefully...

...assuming you can keep up."

End of Page 18

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Remember Nobuhiko's signature tap? I'm afraid it's not derived from Hiroyuki's little stunt. Hiroyuki did it just to test if his little brother can control his car.

- This duel is the 2nd to the last for this entire story. The last one? It's in Chapter 4. Yes, only ONE duel will take place in Chapter 4, which is the epic showdown of Michiharu and Hiroyuki.

Page 19 - Complete Control

2nd lap has started. And as expected from Hiroyuki, he is in his usual calm self. That 2000GT is following close to that Shelby's pace, as if observing it.

Still, I don't get the concept of steering using only one hand. Ben... please explain further.

14579797401_c8dd0fb7dc_c.jpg

Ben: "I'm impressed that the 2000GT can ride behind the Shelby's draft. It's light, after all. Maybe it has been tuned to its limits."

Tomoko: "The first section of Suzuka will be Hiroyuki-san's chance to overtake. Am I right?"

Ben: "He can. And now, allow me to explain further the one-hand steering technique. It seems that your boyfriend here is still dumbfounded. I'm going to explain this in the simplest manner."

14396465440_63ae5cf2dd_c.jpg

Ben: "First, Hiroyuki must memorize the course layout. He has to know the right timing when to turn the wheel, step on the brakes, and bury the accelerator."

14560072596_9aaa8eb8f0_c.jpg

Ben: "Then here comes the hard part. He has to guess the correct steering angle to make the car turn enough. This is something that makes this technique a lifetime training.

There are benefits, of course. You only put necessary stress to the tires. Steering with two hands definitely puts a lot of stress to the tires. You conserve grip in this technique, and demonstrates smoothness in the driving line.

And that's why it suits Hiroyuki's theory as well. He wants to prove that car control is the way to go.

However, the chances of error are very high. It's a technique reserved for a dedicated driver..."

Michiharu: "But then, why does he have to tape his hand on the steering wheel? Is it necessary?"

Ben: "Not at all. That one serves a reminder for him, that he can only use one hand. I think that if he have fully mastered it, he'll be confident and trust himself to only use one hand."

14581310674_83838c55cc_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Shoot... Out of all the moments to mess up, it has to be in a serious race."

As a result, Ryuji manages to widen the gap. He totally relies on the GT350's performance for him to keep on going.

14582378402_e0382dc8d6_c.jpg

Ryuji: "You don't have to strain yourself using one hand, Aniki. That's why human beings are born with two arms, right?"

14396706807_52b1ef4b4e_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Don't interfere with my training. Carry on, if you must, Ryuji. Don't waste this golden opportunity."

14560072176_1073d36511_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Why force yourself in a car with inferior performance? Cars get faster nowadays, and they're made to make our driving easier! Better handling, and more power. Who wouldn't want that?

That's why I question your theory, Aniki. You could easily win with a car that has accessible performance! Racing cars are built to put as little strain on the driver as possible! With more power, you would worry less on catching up on the straights! With better handling, you can grace through the turns effortlessly!

You don't have to over-exert yourself!"

14583111955_fc4dde3e3c_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Then finally... your theory. Your theory is a reflection of who you really are! A selfish, self-reliant person! I have obviously relied on you the moment our parents died... Then you just shunned me, and left me to fend for myself!

I have realized then, that you can't live and succeed alone. I have relied on people who brought me up to the state of what I am today. I thank them, including this car."

It's the final lap! Why is Hiroyuki totally left behind?!? Do something, idiot! I didn't come here to see you lose!

However....

14396464670_611ae430a5_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Impossible! How come???"

Hiroyuki: "I told you, little brother. Don't waste that opportunity. Sorry... you wasted it in the first section."

14396517149_eae8ccf227_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Since you are my dear little brother, you deserve to see the full extent of my theory.

And you cannot get out of my Dimension. That's right... you're trapped in the Hiroyuki Dimension!!!"

End of Page 19

BONUS PHOTOS:

If only the RE Amemiya FD3S can be repainted in the game. This should have been Takuma's FD.

14569835055_41c0b2f2a0_c.jpg

14569835025_133d3dc2a4_c.jpg

14569012902_1083909ec3_c.jpg

To complement on his "Black Dragon" title. :P

Page 19 - Complete Control

2nd lap has started. And as expected from Hiroyuki, he is in his usual calm self. That 2000GT is following close to that Shelby's pace, as if observing it.

Still, I don't get the concept of steering using only one hand. Ben... please explain further.

14579797401_c8dd0fb7dc_c.jpg

Ben: "I'm impressed that the 2000GT can ride behind the Shelby's draft. It's light, after all. Maybe it has been tuned to its limits."

Tomoko: "The first section of Suzuka will be Hiroyuki-san's chance to overtake. Am I right?"

Ben: "He can. And now, allow me to explain further the one-hand steering technique. It seems that your boyfriend here is still dumbfounded. I'm going to explain this in the simplest manner."

14396465440_63ae5cf2dd_c.jpg

Ben: "First, Hiroyuki must memorize the course layout. He has to know the right timing when to turn the wheel, step on the brakes, and bury the accelerator."

14560072596_9aaa8eb8f0_c.jpg

Ben: "Then here comes the hard part. He has to guess the correct steering angle to make the car turn enough. This is something that makes this technique a lifetime training.

There are benefits, of course. You only put necessary stress to the tires. Steering with two hands definitely puts a lot of stress to the tires. You conserve grip in this technique, and demonstrates smoothness in the driving line.

And that's why it suits Hiroyuki's theory as well. He wants to prove that car control is the way to go.

However, the chances of error are very high. It's a technique reserved for a dedicated driver..."

Michiharu: "But then, why does he have to tape his hand on the steering wheel? Is it necessary?"

Ben: "Not at all. That one serves a reminder for him, that he can only use one hand. I think that if he have fully mastered it, he'll be confident and trust himself to only use one hand."

14581310674_83838c55cc_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Shoot... Out of all the moments to mess up, it has to be in a serious race."

As a result, Ryuji manages to widen the gap. He totally relies on the GT350's performance for him to keep on going.

14582378402_e0382dc8d6_c.jpg

Ryuji: "You don't have to strain yourself using one hand, Aniki. That's why human beings are born with two arms, right?"

14396706807_52b1ef4b4e_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Don't interfere with my training. Carry on, if you must, Ryuji. Don't waste this golden opportunity."

14560072176_1073d36511_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Why force yourself in a car with inferior performance? Cars get faster nowadays, and they're made to make our driving easier! Better handling, and more power. Who wouldn't want that?

That's why I question your theory, Aniki. You could easily win with a car that has accessible performance! Racing cars are built to put as little strain on the driver as possible! With more power, you would worry less on catching up on the straights! With better handling, you can grace through the turns effortlessly!

You don't have to over-exert yourself!"

14583111955_fc4dde3e3c_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Then finally... your theory. Your theory is a reflection of who you really are! A selfish, self-reliant person! I have obviously relied on you the moment our parents died... Then you just shunned me, and left me to fend for myself!

I have realized then, that you can't live and succeed alone. I have relied on people who brought me up to the state of what I am today. I thank them, including this car."

It's the final lap! Why is Hiroyuki totally left behind?!? Do something, idiot! I didn't come here to see you lose!

However....

14396464670_611ae430a5_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Impossible! How come???"

Hiroyuki: "I told you, little brother. Don't waste that opportunity. Sorry... you wasted it in the first section."

14396517149_eae8ccf227_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Since you are my dear little brother, you deserve to see the full extent of my theory.

And you cannot get out of my Dimension. That's right... you're trapped in the Hiroyuki Dimension!!!"

End of Page 19

BONUS PHOTOS:

If only the RE Amemiya FD3S can be repainted in the game. This should have been Takuma's FD.

14569835055_41c0b2f2a0_c.jpg

14569835025_133d3dc2a4_c.jpg

14569012902_1083909ec3_c.jpg

To complement on his "Black Dragon" title. :P

Ah using S-Tuner aswell. :sly: haha

Page 20 - I'll Be Waiting...

Hey Hiroyuki! DO SOMETHING!!! I expect something amazing from you! You are THE Hiroyuki Hiramoto! Suzuka's Lone Wolf!

Or... maybe you could do that thing that Uncle Koichi said before:

Koichi: "And all those who raced with him claim that they are stuck in his Dimension. They call the Hiramoto Dimension. Once you start chasing him after he provokes you, it's like you will be stuck in his rhythm, and he pushes you to your limit that any time, you'll make a mistake. It's like hypnosis, he's playing you on his hands..."

Maybe that's a magic that would work? I don't know...

Tomoko: "Hiroyuki-san must get serious. He's left behind!"

Shinji: "Remember what other racers thought of him? That they were stuck in some sort of psychological warfare. The Hiramoto Dimension?"

Ben: "A wizard in the works, then?"

A crew member approaches Shinji, and reports the current situation.

Shinji: "It's an amazing spectacle. To think Hiroyuki is clinging to Ryuji."

Tomoko: "Huh? Really?!?"

Ben: "Hiroyuki knows how to put up a show. Unlike my sleepy teammate over here."

Hey! Quit it!

I knew it. Hiroyuki would not give up, after reaching this far. I think I may have been responsible for his new determination.

Just go for it!

14408615579_b0d5b747ef_c.jpg

Ryuji: "It's preposterous! How can he keep up? My car is in a whole different level!"

Hiroyuki: "You're trapped. Game over. You'll panic...and be frantic."

14408615639_06493b190d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You'll attempt to escape. You'll use all the power your Shelby has to get away from me. Go ahead, then."

14594524612_e635a794b9_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "And then you'll brake hard and late, or anything to increase the gap."

Just as Hiroyuki predicted, Ryuji brakes hard. However, the brakes of the Shelby locked up, and refused to turn.

14408771867_146407b535_c.jpg

Ryuji: "Nooooo!!!"

14408591618_c102f9af49_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "See? That's the price of power. You fell to its spell. It's meant to be controlled."

Frustrated, Ryuji steps hard on the accelerator, seeing the 2000GT as just a speckle.

14593287594_42f04a9028_c.jpg

Ryuji: "It's not yet over! My GT350's power will easily close the distance! The 2000 GT is nothing more than a relic! Relic, I say! It belongs to the museum!"

The Shelby entered the Spoon curve hastily. However...

14591902251_0aff397057_c.jpg

...the rear wheels kept on spinning. When Ryuji applied countersteer at the right, it veered off the track.

14408591388_3d98e9c414_c.jpg

Ryuji: "DAMMIT!!!! NO!!!"

14595188265_63a6440e29_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I shall continue polishing this technique. I have yet to conquer this hurdle. For now..."

14408556940_bdb7bea827_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "...my right hand itches. I ought to take this tape off right now."

Did a miracle just happen? Hiroyuki crossed the finish line first! But of course he has to hold on to his title, somehow. And of course...

...he has to impress someone. Which is me. And we have yet to settle the score.

After a while, his opponent enters the pit lane. We are all waiting for Hiroyuki. He steps out from his Shelby, looking humiliated.

Ryuji: "Happy now? I'm more humiliated than you expected."

Shinji: "I hope you have seen the error of your ways, Ryuji. You are a great driver, but let this race be a lesson for you."

And then Hiroyuki makes a grand entrance... minus the confetti and a big party you'd usually expect for the winner. He looks at his right fist as he took off the tape on it. Does it feel itchy?

Then he approaches his little brother, with a smile.

Hiroyuki: "Ryuji, that was a great race."

Ryuji: "Don't act all humble. You have all the bragging rights."

Hiroyuki: "I may have prevailed, but thinking back on my theory, I have realized that it is a reflection of who I am. I have now learned to be more open, and allow myself to be relied on by others. That's why I am in this team right now.

However, your theory must be modified. It is true that a more powerful and a better handling car will give you an advantage, but that doesn't give you the right to slack off behind the wheel and let the car do all the work for you.

Don't rely too much on it. You have to do your part and hone your skills. I believe that your theory will be effective if you put in all your skills in it. A great car and a great driver will make a very effective combination."

I agree with that, 100%. Couldn't have said it, myself. Ryuji is somehow like the old me. Just slacked off behind the wheel and then I realized how important driver skill is. It must not be taken out of the equation.

Of course, I have to approach him to congratulate him. The three of us get close to him.

Michiharu: "Congratulations. You did a great job. I guess I must toughen up for our upcoming showdown."

Hiroyuki: "You? Congratulating me? I thought you hate me? Oh what the heck... thank you."

Michiharu: "You deserve this, anyway. You put up a great performance."

Hiroyuki: "Let us put our duel aside. We want to put up a great show. We must toughen up. I don't care how long it takes.

When I'm ready, I'll be waiting for you."

I put up a very confident smile and a grin follows.

Michiharu:
"Heh. Sure. I'll let you know when. Even if it takes decades, then so be it."

****************************************************************************************

Time: 12 pm, Monday

What a great weekend! I have seen Hiroyuki in action, and it was a great race. But we have to set aside our duel for a while, and focus on improving ourselves. After all, it won't be easy to take on as someone as accomplished as Hiroyuki.

Moving on...

The three of us were summoned by Gan for a lunch meeting in his mansion. Hmmmmm.... will there be a new series of races? They would provide a window of opportunity for me to improve my skills and learn more. But... I'm hoping for a long vacation, though. Haha.

We're in the dining room, and then all his servants carry our meals and put them on the long table. There is one servant for each of us to cater our needs. Wow, talk about being pampered.

Gan: "I hope you enjoy our lunch."

Ben: "I'm starting to like Japanese food. Still, I have my doubts on eating raw fish."

Tomoko: "Finest ingredients on the dish! You don't get this quality ingredients in a typical grocery."

Gan: "Ingredients on your dish are from various trusted sources. I pay good money for them. From reputable farmers to reliable fishermen. I don't get them from retail, I get them straight from those people, and guaranteed fresh."

Ben: "You're pickier than my father."

Tomoko: "So anyway, why did you summon us?"

Gan: "Oh, that... that almost slipped my mind. Last night, I got calls from various racing organizers, inviting us to plenty of racing events in Europe. The earliest one will start next month. So spend your remaining days of vacation nicely. We'll be back on track next month."

Michiharu: "So I'll be away from home once again, huh?"

Gan: "It's not just Europe. There are some from USA and as well as here. We have to organize which one goes first. I say, Europe must be the first one."

Ben: "All right then. No complaints here. I say Michiharu shall get his arse moving. After all, you have a score to settle with Hiroyuki, am I right?"

Michiharu: "Yes. Even I don't want to, but I have to cut down on my vacation and start training!"

Gan: "That's a very confident answer from you!"

No slacking off for now. I'm excited for the upcoming races! The world will once again witness the blazing speed of Michiharu Kanonji!

And just like Hiroyuki,
I too, will be waiting for you....

....AT THE FINISH LINE!!!

END OF CHAPTER 3

BONUS PHOTO:

30 Years later...

14408591148_13864b6815_c.jpg

CHAPTER 4

FATED DUEL

Five years have passed... but Michiharu Kanonji and Hiroyuki Hiramoto has kept their promise... a promise of a duel on who is the best of the best. Any day from this moment, it could happen... it's up to both of them when they'll enter the battlefield. The stage is set. All they need to do is say that they're ready.

But life isn't all about being at the top. We all have to be at the bottom at some point in our lives, and Michiharu will not be spared from it...

Page 1 - Michiharu's Progress

Life has been good for me. After watching Hiroyuki's race with his little brother, I immediately immersed myself to training. All five years of it were dedicated on improving myself. I never skipped out on invitations for races around the world. I didn't mind the long haul flights. My mind is always ready, always ready to learn something new, and then my body eager to sit on the bucket seat, grab the steering wheel, move the gear lever and step on the pedals.

You may ask, what have I done in the past 5 years? I'll gladly answer that...

14600734711_6bc3539292_c.jpg

First, I continued to race at the World Sports Car Championship. Who wouldn't forget? Just because I won the first doesn't mean I can slack off. Competition is tough, especially against those Ford GT40s.

Still, we won in the overall points. I won't forget it, and I would be eager to join in another one of those races in the future. That was a fun learning experience.

Plus, I missed the Ferrari 330 P4 so much. It made me smile during the entire championship. I treat it like a brother. Much more of a brother than my siblings in my family.

Next, I joined in the Group A Touring Car Championship. Gan signed up with Nissan, and provided our team the Group A racing specification Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-R.

Equipped with a bigger turbocharger, the 2 liter 6 cylinder engine produces 450 horsepower. It's simply mind-boggling what a turbocharger can really do to an engine.

The car performed as expected. But sadly, we were short of obtaining overall victory, as we were plagued with mechanical problems. That is something we cannot avoid, it'll just pop there. That's why my mechanics work day and night for our cars.

14417392728_6759cf4050_c.jpg

What's more to tell? Ummmm.... uhhhhhhh....

Director: "Hey, Michiharu Kanonji. Mr. Michiharu Kanonji! We are all set for your circuit impression of the new R32 Skyline!"

Michiharu: "Oh I'm sorry! I must have been daydreaming again. Well, is it the last part of the review segment?

Well, as you can see, I was invited by a motoring review show as a guest, to review the new Skyline R32. I am testing the top of the line model called the GTS-T Type M. Knowing my exploits in Nissan's racing, the show's director personally came to me and asked if I can do the review. Since I never did a car review in the past, I was in doubt, but he did tell me what exactly I must do - just give a feedback. That was simple.

Director: "Yes. Do not worry, this will be the last. I'm very sorry if this day is tiring for you."

Michiharu: "It's okay. I like the car as a road car. I am also curious on how will it live up as the latest Skyline."

Director: "Rumor has it that the GT-R name will be revived in the form of the R32. I hope it pushes through, especially that it's 16 long years since the last GT-R, the Kenmeri, captivated the hearts of enthusiasts."

Michiharu: "Really? I thought my uncle's Hakosuka GT-R is the only GT-R Nissan made. That's fascinating."

14580984896_eeff81158c_c.jpg

I started the review. Since it has a turbocharged engine, there is thrust to be expected. It corners well, with notable stability.

The R32 is part of Nissan's 901 Project, to build cars that are on par to world-class sports cars. So power and handling are top priorities.

14600734351_e17ce6ac19_c.jpg

It kinda looks awkward just speaking to myself. I know there's a camera in front of me. I delivered my honest opinions about this car. There are weaknesses to point out, such as the understeer because of the car's rather heavy weight. After all, this also serves as a proper road car with necessary equipment.

I returned home to Tokyo by sunset... whew, what a day. But I can't be tired as...

...I have a date with Tomoko. Yes, we were dating for 5 years now. I never get tired whenever I see her, nor I get tired from being sweet. I never felt awkwardness unlike before. We have feelings for each other.

I have to pick her up by 7 in the evening. I left the house with this car...

14417354960_fae607bd2e_c.jpg

Yes, a Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary. When I saw Ben's Countach for the first time, I was simply mesmerized, especially the way the doors open upwards. And this is easier to drive.... by a small margin. It is more stable than the Miura and even Ben's Countach. But in everyday driving, it's still a chore. My left leg might probably have bigger muscles than the right one, as it gets a workout thanks to the heavy clutch. Then my biceps and triceps will get bigger thanks to the steering wheel that only Superman can turn.

I stopped in front of her home. She gets out of the porch, dazzling as always. Her navy blue hair always captivate me. I escort her to the passenger side and even open the door for her.

14603997875_319073ae98_c.jpg

Michiharu: "So, where do you want to eat?"

Tomoko: "How about you pick this time? For the last 5 years, I am always the one who pick the restaurant. I want to know your taste. Hehehehehehe..."

I'm not really a food expert, and I might ruin the date if I take her to a bad restaurant. Well, what do you know? Time to eat somewhere new.

Michiharu: "Won't you mind going to Minato Mirai?"

Tomoko: "Sure. You know a good place?"

Just so you know, I am not among those who buy supercars to show off. This Countach is tuned to race, as I also use it in racing events. Power is increased and the suspension has changed. No turbocharging, but I already piloted this car in speeds in excess of 320 KM/H.

**************************************************************************************

After a hearty dinner, and thankfully the fine dining Japanese restaurant in Minato Mirai is a good one, I dropped off Tomoko back to her home. We kissed each other goodbye, and I headed home.

When I arrived, Aunt Maiko has turned off the TV in the living room and headed upstairs. She does need to sleep early, you know?

Suddenly though, a phone rings, prompting her to step down and reach for the phone. I'll do it instead.

Michiharu: "Please go upstairs and rest. I'll take this call."

Aunt Maiko: "Okay then. Good night!"

I picked up the phone. Who calls this late? It's 10 pm, for goodness sake.

Nissan Secretary: "Good evening. Is this Michiharu Kanonji?"

Michiharu: "It is me, speaking."

Nissan Secretary: "This is the secretary from the Nissan Headquarters. The chief engineer wants to see you tomorrow morning. He says that he has a surprise for you."

Oh... if you may ask. I met him during the time I first saw the R31 Group A Touring car. I rarely got to interact with him, but he has done a lot for the company. Hmmmmmm.... I wonder what's in store for me?

14603997765_0b14a0ef42_c.jpg

End of Page 1

14602007604_caa36cf3e0_c.jpg

Page 2 - Change of Direction

The next day, I dressed myself for that meeting with Nissan's chief engineer. Out of all the drivers, why me? Is it because of my victories under the Nissan name? In fact, even our Group A racer broke down a couple of times during the race.

But, I've got nothing to do today, so there's no excuse for me not to go. Hey, it could be a new race contract or something.

I headed downstairs, straight to the kitchen. The couple are already eating breakfast, but Auntie already served the dish for me. It's waiting there, that hot soup with a little bit of smoke rising up.

Maiko: "Good morning! And why you're dressed? An important meeting?"

Michiharu: "Yes. I will be seeing Nissan's chief engineer once again. Maybe a new racing car I'll drive in the future. It's a surprise, he said."

Koichi: "You have been getting more involved in Nissan's motorsports activities lately. Pursuing a career as a test driver?"

Michiharu: "Gan landed the contract because he found the offer from Nissan a very nice proposition."

Koichi: "Well, keep doing that. You are going to the right direction in life, Michiharu. Someday, you'll be a very respected figure in this country."

Respect... yeah. That's something I really treasure, especially that I never got one during my old life. I respect people, as long as they deserve it. Respect is something that needs to be worked hard on. It does not grow on trees.

Michiharu: "Thank you for the breakfast. But I need to go. I'll definitely eat dinner here tonight."

Maiko: "Have a good day ahead!"

I head out, eager to face another day.

Michiharu: "Ittekimasu!"

When one tells you that they have a surprise for you, you'll get curious. It's human instinct. But then again, it's a surprise. No use asking about it, leaving you just wondering along the way.

I arrived at the headquarters, at exactly 8 in the morning. Lots of employees enter the building, prepared to face today's challenge in the workplace. Another day of work for all of us, I guess.

Hmmmmm.... I do hope I have spare time to see Tomoko. Where's the nearest payphone? Oh... nuts, I can't find one. If only I can contact her wherever I am.

I headed to one of the top floors of the building. I sat on a chair, facing the door of the big office. The secretary arrives, and bows in front of me.

Secretary: "Thank you for coming, Mr. Kanonji. Please wait for Mizuno-san. He'll be here at any moment."

I sat down again, waiting for Mizuno, the chief engineer of Nissan. As I look around, a man comes out from the bathroom, humming a tune. That's him. He is on a casual look today, as I see him mostly wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit.

Mizuno: "Good morning! Shall we head down to the garage for the surprise? I'm sure you're eager to see it."

We rode in the elevator, and it took us to first basement floor, where all prototypes are stored. Such a big place, though of course I'm wondering if they will be discarded soon.

Mizuno: "Feast your eyes on this!"

14429489089_4b92504f55_c.jpg

A wider R32? Hmmmm... another top model?

Mizuno: "Look at the back."

14603997765_0b14a0ef42_c.jpg

Michiharu: "GT-R???"

Mizuno: "Hearing rumors? Well, they are all true. We are going to resurrect the GT-R name. Time for Nissan to unleash dominance once again to the world."

Then he opens the hood. It's a bigger unit with turbos.

Mizuno: "You see, this iron beauty is a powerhouse. We call it the "RB26DETT", and it makes 280 horsepower, just within the government regulations.

Let me tell you a little trick, it actually makes 320. We just have to advertise it as having 280 horsepower.

In case you're wondering, the government set a horsepower limit to all domestic car manufacturers. No car must be produced more than 280 horsepower. This is the government's way to prevent street racing. So Nissan has to lie for a bit, in the name of performance.

Mizuno: "And unlike the current GTS-T, this has two turbos, as you can see. We want the GT-R to compete head-to-head with European sports cars, even if we're limited to just 280 horsepower. Because of that, the car is 4WD, with the suspension thoroughly worked."

Michiharu: "4WD and turbo, that's a nice combination. I once drove my friend's Audi quattro, with a similar setup, and it performed really well."

Mizuno: "I called you here, because the executives picked you to test this car at the famed Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany. Plus, the driver must from a third-party source, and that's you."

Nurburgring.... ah yes. I drove around that track twice in my life. In the past two years, I got to taste its dangerous nature. I crashed the R31 there last year. It's really a narrow track with a very little room for error.

And now, I shall test the R32 GT-R there? Oh no... that's a big challenge! I'm slightly confident because it is a 4WD car, but dangerous track is dangerous.

Mizuno: "Make your preparations now. We will be leaving next week."

Michiharu: "Understood."

A week has passed, and I am once again at that infamous race track. The longest circuit in the world, which is also a testing ground for prototypes. You could easily see why, as it tests all aspects of a car's performance. Every corner and even road surface are crucial for the handling setup for the car.

Mizuno: "Suit up, put your helmet on. We're all set. Just head out at that long straight, and then the time will start once zoom past the short main straight."

Michiharu: "Is this a time trial?"

Mizuno: "Yes. But more of a testing, really. And we aim to smash 8 minutes and 20 seconds at least."

Now that's a surprise. I wasn't told of that... or maybe he forgot. Either way, time to do some warm-up stretching!

And then a familiar face appears. It's Annie Eisenberg! Well, she had cut her hair short, and she works with us more often, especially during the remaining rounds of the World Sports Car Championship.

Annie: "Hi there! I was told by Mr. Kurosawa that you are here, and I am taking charge of the catering, as usual. Plus, I have to watch over you, hehehehehe."

Michiharu: "Ahahaha! Hey, I'm going to be fine. I won't back down in any challenge. I'll conquer the Nurburgring once again."

Annie: "Lives were lost here. And I don't need to mention again what happened to Niki Lauda. You don't want wearing a cap all the time."

With all set, I placed my helmet on. Then I got in the car and set off.

14616071705_4e9ab8645a_c.jpg

Before the timed lap starts, I managed to step on the throttle a bit. Ooooh... it's as responsive as Ben's quattro. But let's see how it fares in the entire track.

14429689907_e7a7266d3f_c.jpg

Passing by the start lane, so the crew has started recording. I must say, the acceleration is quite brutal for something that has about 300 horsepower. This is where the turbo works its wonders.

14616071545_a98cb8ddf4_c.jpg

Hard on the brakes, and they don't lock up easily either. At the first corner, there is a noticeable amount of body roll.

14429458918_972ea5664d_c.jpg

But I got traction all around. Plus, this rockets away immediately!

14613995304_7189cff13b_c.jpg

I blitz by the high speed sections, and then the car would just provide traction for me through those turns. I'm like on easy streak!

14593053846_5204486ed4_h.jpg

14612864511_2b8e489285_h.jpg

Is this how Nissan would dominate the sports car world? This is perfect! It provides comfort, and then at the disposal of your right foot, the monster engine would just eat anything that stands on its way. Then its handling will shame even Ferraris...

14616070895_0eb7189a4f_h.jpg

The Karrusell, the trick is to look at the tallest tree.

14593053596_673f804430_h.jpg

This car will just stick on the tarmac! I think all sports cars must look up to this car!

14593053526_b648516e56_h.jpg

Entering the very long straight, a sign that I'm near the finish.

Let us see what this turbocharged missile can do. Hey, it's not easy to extract 300 horsepower through natural aspiration alone. This is where the turbo comes in. Supercars may not have turbos, but they have complicated engines that contribute to their expensive price tag.

14429420860_3bb493699d_h.jpg

14429458078_d2ac48aa89_h.jpg

250 kilometers per hour. Hmph, not bad. I'm just used to drive cars faster than that. But to achieve that speed easier through turbocharging technology is simply marvelous. Besides, that is to be expected for something that has 300 horsepower.

Hit the brakes!!! Whew... that was close. Good thing the car's brakes do their job properly.

14429688917_c417452e15_h.jpg

14429457848_2e5101e84c_h.jpg

Past through the finish line, how did I fare?

So I head out, and then Annie showed her stopwatch. 7 minutes and 59.8 seconds??? Whoa....

Mizuno: "Incredible! We didn't expect this! Picking you was the right choice!"

Michiharu: "I'm shocked too. The car's performance is extraordinary. This will eat Ferraris and Lamborghinis soon enough."

Mizuno: "You deserve a drink! We'll have a little night out at the bar tonight to celebrate."

Michiharu: "Oh. Okay then."

Well, the car did its job greatly. I was confident the entire time. It made me smile once again, just like the Miura and the 330 P4.

If it comes out of the showroom, I'll definitely buy one!

Time: 12 am

Annie is about to close her restaurant. She closes the lights and sets aside all the chairs and tables on one side. Then when she had finally got outside and locked the main door...

...someone grabbed her at the back.

Annie: "You.... what are you doing?!?"

However, before she can even defend herself, her clothes were stripped off, and then she was pinned down to the ground. No one was around to help her. All she can do is scream for help while she is being assaulted.

Annie: "NOOOOOOOOO!!! HELP!!!"

Time: 5 am

Before the sun can rise up to greet everyone a happy morning, a red Ferrari F40 tears up through the dark, empty highway.

14613994434_9a507b570a_h.jpg

It's driven by none other than Hiroyuki Hiramoto, who has also further risen to fame. His racing opportunities come nonstop. It's all thanks to Michiharu, being the only person who knocked sense to him.

He is heading once again to Suzuka, in Mie Prefecture. It takes at least 3 to 4 hours to travel there by car. But since traffic is still absent, travel times may cut down...

14613994384_e2c4837a8c_h.jpg

Hiroyuki: "325 kilometers per hour, still on 4th gear. I guess the 5th gear is entirely useless."

14429688447_8adaf39695_h.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It's irrelevant in Suzuka, I know. But should Michiharu be ready, then so am I. Five years are simply too long for a wait.

However, I sense a change in the air. Perhaps the wind is blowing at the other direction. It could be either be good... or bad."

The F40 continues on speeding, charging its way to Suzuka.

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Crushing Revelation

Time: 9 am

Uhhhh..... uhhhhh.... wha...? Why is my bed messy?

And...

...why is my shirt unbuttoned, and pants unbuttoned and unzipped? Even though I wear them... Plus, I look messy!

I must have been drunk last night, and looked this messy. Well, it's a celebration, especially that I posted an incredible lap time, exceeding expectations.

I headed to the bathroom to take off my clothes and have a bath. That would refresh everything in my system.

I have to go back home after this. All I need to do is pack and check out.

Kinda embarrassing to pass by the lobby looking messed up last night.

I arrived at Cologne Airport an hour later. As scheduled, my flight leaves at 12 pm, heading to Haneda Airport in Tokyo. I shopped around for a while, as I wait for the boarding. Airport shopping can be expensive, but you need it, in case of last-minute souvenirs.

I boarded the plane without problems so far. But as I am up at thousands of meters above, I have this feeling.... an uneasy feeling. As if there is a hint of guilt.

Something that I did horribly wrong. What was it? Could that me being drunk? No... not that.

*****************************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm

After finding out that Suzuka Circuit has been closed down, Hiroyuki instead goes back up north and head to Ibaraki instead, at Tsukuba Circuit.

Slightly frustrated on the matter, he decides to just let off steam by running a couple of laps.

14448335209_37ddf25c23_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "They could have just called me last night about this. Ugh... a waste of time, and fuel."

14634966185_9410f6a64a_c.jpg

His modified F40 clears the corners with slight oversteer. Hiroyuki's hard work on the suspension setup pays off. After all, it's also crucial, should he be racing against Michiharu in Suzuka.

14448344438_c1a599b98d_c.jpg

He posted a lap time of 56.8 seconds.

When he returned to the pit lane, a reporter approaches him...

Reporter: "What are your future plans for racing, Mr. Hiramoto?"

Hiroyuki: "So far, I'm still participating in touring car races. And I also got offers from different racing events in Europe. I'm contemplating for now."

Reporter: "With the rise of fame of Michiharu Kanonji, aren't you bothered? After all, both of you consider among each other as rivals."

Hiroyuki: "Then that's good for him. Both of us must rise up. And I'm letting everyone know that we will have a duel in Suzuka. No one knows when, including me.

It will happen, maybe tomorrow or someday. AS LONG AS BOTH OF US ARE READY, THEN IT WILL HAPPEN."

Reporter: "Then it must be a big event for both of you. Thank you very much for your time."

Time: 10 pm

Finally... I'm back. I need to sleep. I'll just unpack my stuff tomorrow morning. I want to lie down.

Hmmmmm.... what to do tomorrow? Maybe I'll go out with Tomoko for the whole day. I'll call her, first thing in the morning.

Then I hear a phone ring downstairs. As I am about to reach it, Auntie called me out.

Michiharu: "I'll take it from here. Please rest for now. Hello?"

Tomoko: "Oh, so you have returned? How's the trip?"

Michiharu: "Very nice. But I'm ordered not to spill anything from the testing session. This is a prototype car we're talking about. I can't even tell you what car I tested."

Tomoko: "I see. Hey, are you free tomorrow?"

Michiharu: "I am. I was about to ask the same thing."

Tomoko: "So, shall we call it a date, tomorrow? You have to tell a story, okay?"

Michiharu: "All right, but I still have to follow orders. Good night. I love you."

Tomoko: "I love you too."

Now that you think about it, when can both of us settle down? We have earned more than enough to start our own family.

And we have built a lot of trust for the past 5 years of our relationship. Shall I even bring this up tomorrow?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

The next day, all goes well as planned. We even spent some time in a theme park in Odaiba. It's really a nice day out. Plus, the weather cooperates this time.

Tomoko: "Hey, I want some mochi. Is there a mochi shop nearby here?"

Michiharu: "Well, why don't we go at the city center? Maybe we'll find one."

14631716841_df12f9dc60_c.jpg

I didn't mind the traffic.... but my left foot hurts. Damn you, Lamborghini! Can't you at least make the clutch lighter for the Countach?!?

Michiharu: "Hey... speaking of which.... maybe you can start up your own. After all, you love mochi."

Tomoko: "A lot of money is needed when starting up a business."

Michiharu: "In relation to that, ummmmm...."

Tomoko: "What is it?"

Michiharu: "Has it ever crossed your mind? About settling down? Opening up a small family business and settling down can be a good combination."

Tomoko: "A few times. Why? You want us to take the next step?"

Michiharu: "Not now, of course. No pressure. We'll do it when both of us are ready."

Tomoko: "We'll discuss this little by little, okay? For now, let's enjoy the day!"

Oh Tomoko, always cheerful as ever. I hope, that if ever we'll have children, they are as cheerful as her.

14634510102_7784167a7f_c.jpg

Meanwhile, in Germany....

Annie comes out of the hospital, still devastated what happened to her. What's worse, it is revealed that she became pregnant.

Clenching her fists in anger, she uttered a name...

Annie: "Michiharu Kanonji.... Michiharu Kanonji.... How dare you easily got away with this. I hope guilt will crush you, slowly... bit by bit."

And with that, Annie walks away. The wind has suddenly blown violently, as if a major event will take place. A foreshadowing, perhaps.

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Downfall

Is it really a good idea to settle down? You know, a part of me isn't ready yet. A huge part of me. But here goes my stupidity again... why did I ask her, if I am not ready?!?

But if it will take too long, then we'll be too old for us to do so. There is a right age for us to settle down. But me? I am not ready...

...for now.

However, Tomoko made it a point to talk about it, little by little. So we spent that day just enjoying ourselves. We have to do it more often, especially that having children will lose a lot of quality time for ourselves and focus on how to raise them.

But... how to be a good father, if I don't have one myself???

Don't think about it first. Think about how to eat your breakfast getting cold.

Michiharu: "Oops... hehehe... I just had deep thoughts."

Koichi: "Any plans for today?"

Michiharu: "Tomoko will have a race this afternoon, so I will see her in action. For now, I can help you guys out."

Koichi: "I make it a point to often adjust your Countach's carburetors. You know, they are of high maintenance, according to my friends who own the same car. You better learn to do it yourself."

Michiharu: "I have learned a lot about mechanics over the years. And I can tune the Countach whenever needed. I give feedback to my mechanics and I observe what they're doing to my car before the race starts."

Koichi: "Just reminding you there. Oh, our little bundle of joy is growing..."

Maiko: "Ohhh yes. Well, since you're here, you decide what you want for lunch."

Michiharu: "Well, ummmmmmm....."

Suddenly, the phone rings. I reached for it.

Michiharu: "Hello?"

Gan:
"Annie is on her way there to your house. She wants to speak to you, in person."

Huh? In person? What does Annie want?

Michiharu:
"I'm available for the entire morning. I can wait for her. Did she even tell you why does she want to see me?"

Gan: "She went in my mansion, and just asked for your address. After that, she left without a word."

Michiharu: "Oh... okay. I see. I'll just wait."

She'd better make it quick. And why does it have to be personal? I'm not liking this...

I didn't make that bother me, as I watch the television with Auntie at the living room. Still thinking for lunch eh, Michiharu? I don't know... I'm not in the mood, really. Something is not right.

When the movie ended, I heard a doorbell. I reached for the door. As I opened it, there's Annie. Finally. What does she want?

Oddly, she actually led me to a corner. So I followed her, with the couple looking at us from the porch.

And then...

....a slap follows. A HUGE SLAP ON MY FACE. What was that for?!?

Maiko: "Oh dear!"

Koichi: "What in the world???"

Annie: "This is for ruining my life."

Michiharu: "Wait... why did you have to slap me? Did I do something wrong?!?"

Annie: "Oh please... stop making excuses! YOU ASSAULTED ME THAT NIGHT! Perhaps you're too drunk to remember it. Even so, assault is an assault."

Wait... was that the.... Oh I get it. Now I know why I woke up, looking totally messed up in that hotel room in Germany!

Annie: "I have so many things that I have yet to try, and now you ruined my chance to do so. You want to know why?

BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT, THANKS TO YOU!!!"

What?!? NO WAY?!? I MADE HER PREGNANT?!? Deeply in shock, I allowed myself to be beaten by her. Until Auntie restrained Annie and Uncle pulled me away from her.

No.... no..... IT CAN'T BE!!!

Annie: "But don't you worry. The very reason it has to be personal, because I don't want it to be scandalous. Only the four of us shall know.

Because, I want this child to grow up, knowing his father is a successful man. Don't let this ruin your life.

It's even unfair for me, but it has to be. And oh... I'm sure you don't want Tomoko to hear about this, am I right? I am fine with you settling down with her...

...but then, do your part as a father! Provide support! I'm sure you have earned more than enough for you to do this!

That is all. I hope you keep your word. I don't have a lot of time. I'll be taking my leave. From now on, I call myself as your concubine."

Annie left us. Then I just sat down, leaning on the wall. I'm just so shocked... that I wasn't able to speak nor defend myself.

Why is this happening??? I'm not even ready to be a father!!! And now, I am like my father, who conceived me by accident!

Maiko: "Are you okay?"

Koichi: "Michiharu, is this true? All that she said, were they all true?"

How am I going to explain this...

Michiharu: "I got drunk... I drank too much when I was celebrating with the testing crew. And that's the last thing I remembered. And then I woke up in the hotel, looking messed up."

Koichi: "Michiharu. You have to be a man. This is the greatest challenge you'll ever face."

I just stood up, and went back inside. Then, I head to the garage, and look at my Countach.

14456902229_570090eef6_c.jpg

All that I achieved... can just disappear in a second because of this. I have so many things yet to prove, you know?!?

How am I going to face the world? The world will just view me an irresponsible, perverted person.

And now, I can't even face everyone, Uncle and Auntie... and even my dear Tomoko.

Koichi: "Michiharu, don't let this put you down. It was all an accident."

Michiharu: "Even so, I don't want this! I intend to settle down with Tomoko, not Annie! I have so many things planned out, and all are ruined because of this!"

Koichi: "But be a man enough for you to face this. You cannot run away, Michiharu. Running away never solves problems. If you will be forced to support Annie's child, then so be it. Be thankful, that she didn't make a scene for it to become a scandal."

Michiharu: "My mind's going crazy right now... I need to take time. I'll go out again..."

I head out once again. But just at the porch. I look up at the sunny sky. Then I just sat down...

What am I going to do??? This is the biggest crisis I've ever faced! I love Tomoko so much, that I cannot face her after this. I don't want her to worry, nor find out about this at all. I don't want this to ruin our relationship!

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki has arrived, and parks his car just nearby Michiharu's home. He intends to pay a visit.

14663422763_4e1f99432b_c.jpg

He looks at his fiancee, who is also pregnant, about to give birth in a few months time.

Hiroyuki: "Stay here, Kyoko. I will have just a little talk with Michiharu."

Kyoko: "If you wish. But don't take too long, as I have an appointment to my gynecologist."

Hiroyuki arrives at Michiharu's home, and sees Michiharu sitting down, in a devastated state.

Hiroyuki: "There you are. And you look depressed."

Michiharu: "What are you doing here? You're here to see me?"

Hiroyuki: "Of course. I want to know how you're doing."

Michiharu: "Ugh.... well, I'm just fine."

Hiroyuki: "No you're not. You call that fine? Sitting down there on the porch thinking deeply. Is that what you call fine?"

Michiharu: "If this is about the duel, then I'm afraid I'm not yet ready. Or maybe, not at all..."

Hiroyuki: "What makes you say that?"

Michiharu: "You don't need to know. My life is ruined. Happy now? You're now the winner by default."

Hiroyuki: "Are you seriously saying that? You're not in the right mind. Or perhaps, I'm not talking to the Michiharu Kanonji."

Michiharu: "You don't have the authority nor the permission to know my problems."

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu... why are you like that? You're not the confident, brave person I used to know!"

Michiharu: "Just leave me alone! My life is ruined as it is! Go and have a successful career! I have won enough races, so I can just fall down and die in the gutter now."

Suddenly... he punched my face. Really hard. I guess you want to take back the punch I gave you.

Hiroyuki: "Wake up! OPEN YOUR EYES! You have achieved too much, for you to be down like this! Where is the Michiharu Kanonji I know?!? As far as I know, he is the most gutsy and the greatest driver I have ever known!"

14456901849_5aeedcc4df_c.jpg

I have achieved so much....

14620528286_54c6b1420c_c.jpg

...and went this far.

14457110937_76081f7b27_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I don't care what your problem is, but get back up and be yourself! You're the one who taught me that I must have a positive outlook on life. And now you're feeling devastated?!? All that hard work you have, and the things you achieved...

...don't let them go down the drain!

I'll be waiting for your call. And make sure, that when you show up in Suzuka, all I see is the fiery Michiharu Kanonji, ready to set the track ablaze."

And then, for the first time in ten years, I broke down. I covered my eyes, as my tears fall. I remembered the time I saw Hiroyuki crying, and now he is the one seeing me crying.

I just can't take it anymore, that I have to cry. Hey, even a man has the right to cry.

Hiroyuki: "Just let them all flow. That should help."

And then he left. He has now beaten some sense to me, the same way I did to him five years ago.

In short, he just returned the favor...

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Now you know how Axel Eisenberg is conceived... :sly:

Page 5 - Reignite The Flames

An accident.... an accident...

Who would have thought this will turn out to be the start of my downfall? My future plans, with Tomoko, are definitely ruined...

Now, I have no choice but to resign to my fate, being a father of an unwanted child.

I have never felt so low... how am I going to face anyone? The team.... and most especially, Tomoko.

That's why... this afternoon, I'm not going to see her. I just can't... I'm not at all ready, and I'm still devastated. I don't want Tomoko to see me like this, it might just affect her race.

Time: 4 pm

The race is about to end, and Tomoko skillfully pilots the demanding RUF CTR. Knowing the nature of her Stratos, it took her a little time to familiarize the 911's dynamics.

And as a result, she has dominated the competition.

14658958354_f066db510d_c.jpg

14660848362_ce4485ded7_c.jpg

Gan: "So far, so good! She can control that Porsche very well."

Ben: "Her lover isn't here. Strange... this is the only instance they're not together."

14474589018_49a6fe231c_c.jpg

Gan: "All right! We win! Our client who provided this car must be very happy."

Ben: "Client?"

Gan: "Ah yes. His name is Dexter Heidelberg, and he sent this car to us for this race. Why he chose us? I don't know, but he did say that it's in the name of research."

Ben: "Research, eh?"

After receiving her trophy, Tomoko joins the team, and looks for Michiharu.

Tomoko: "He isn't here. Yesterday, he told me that he will see me today."

Ben: "He's probably preparing something better for you. A surprise, perhaps. Candlelight dinner, fireworks display, who knows?"

Gan: "Well, let's go. We cannot wait for him, either. I have to be home by dinnertime. Just give him a call if you're worried."

Time: 7 pm

For the entire day, I just sat on my bed, staring blankly at anything. Then I turned my attention at the framed photo of Tomoko and I.

Next are the trophies. I wonder if I can add more in this room...

I'm so pathetic. I'm gonna cry again.

And I hear someone knocking on the door.

Maiko: "Michiharu? Are you asleep? Ummmmm... Tomoko wants to speak to you on the phone."

Maybe she's worried. I hope she doesn't find out. I don't wanna talk to her, but...

...stop moping around! Just take the call, Michiharu!

Michiharu: "Okay. I'll go downstairs."

I pick up the phone slowly, with my hand shaking.

Michiharu: "H... Hello?"

Tomoko: "You didn't see me today. Are you okay? What happened to you?"

Gotta come up with an excuse...

Michiharu: "I'm... sick. I have fever right now, but I am resting properly, as I want to get well by tomorrow."

Tomoko:
"I see. Well, to make you feel better, I won the race a while ago."

That works, Tomoko... yes, it works. Thank you for cheering me up for a bit. I love you so much, and you're my source of happiness, ever since we first met.

Michiharu: "That's great to hear! Well, what did you drive?"

Tomoko: "A demanding car, as demanding as my Stratos. A souped-up Porsche 911."

Michiharu: "You're really talented. Porsche 911s are demanding to drive, I agree."

Tomoko: "Well, I guess I'll have to eat dinner now. Get well soon, okay?"

Michiharu: "I will. Don't worry. You go rest too."

That call went through as if nothing happened. Even just by talking, Tomoko makes my day. And then, this is how I return her feelings? A scandal?!?

I returned upstairs to my room, waiting for dinner to be served. Back to the staring part, I suppose.

Looking at the trophies again, I just want to live in the past, like my start of my career five years ago. I want to return to those glory days.

Of course I can't. We cannot turn back time. I have to do something!

And then, something that Hiroyuki said hit me...

Hiroyuki: "I don't care what your problem is, but get back up and be yourself! You're the one who taught me that I must have a positive outlook on life. And now you're feeling devastated?!? All that hard work you have, and the things you achieved...

...don't let them go down the drain!

I'll be waiting for your call. And make sure, that when you show up in Suzuka, all I see is the fiery Michiharu Kanonji, ready to set the track ablaze."

Of course! I HAVE A SCORE TO SETTLE! WHY AM I LIKE THIS?!? I HAVE ALMOST FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT!

I know I can think of a way on how to deal with my problems. But I must not forget the person that ignited my fighting spirit!

HIROYUKI HIRAMOTO

The same person reignited my passion... That's it!

First things first, where's my traveling bag?

**************************************************************************************

The next day, I left home at 3 am, but I did leave a note at the kitchen table. I don't want them to worry too much.

Next destination: SUZUKA CIRCUIT.

That's right, I'm heading to Mie Prefecture. I'll settle at an inn for a while, as I need days to practice.

14474589168_ef99f4f279_c.jpg

No traffic? No problem! I shall step on the accelerator, with pride!

14661219875_e9bf0e0a07_c.jpg

Get ready, Hiroyuki! Let's settle this once and for all! You will definitely see the fiery me! The fiery Michiharu Kanonji!

But of course, I must thank you, Hiroyuki. Now I see why everyone needs a nemesis.

The Countach blasts through the empty highway at 340 km/h...

End of Page 5

BONUS PHOTO:

10354949_10204057610944042_1254951759089402866_n.jpg

Yeah, you get the reference... :)

Page 6 - The Countach's War Cry

With my renewed resolve, I headed to Mie Prefecture before dawn. I have to remember why I started my racing career...

...to defeat Hiroyuki. All 5 years of training has to be put in good use. I can't afford to be brought down by some scandal involving Annie! I'll set that aside, and I can think of a compromise.

The stage has been set for far too long. The warriors must show up, as the world can't wait any longer. I have to do the first move.

What is it? It's preparing myself for that destined battle....

At the Kanonji home, Maiko wakes up, early as usual, as if her body dictates it. She heads down the kitchen and sees the note left by Michiharu.

I shall head to Suzuka, to face the very person that started it all. If Tomoko calls, please inform my whereabouts, and let her come there. The stage waited for far too long, and it can't wait to be the witness.

Maiko: "Oh Michiharu... I know that he'll be back. He's too brave for him to stoop down.

Two hours later, Tomoko calls, and as instructed by the letter, Maiko informs her.

Tomoko: "Really?!? Oh, I see. Maybe he finally wants to settle things once and for all. He trained more than enough for him to be ready."

Maiko: "Tomoko..."

It's about to slip from her tongue, but for her nephew's sake, she decides not to tell it.

Tomoko: "Yes?"

Maiko: "Just be there for Michiharu. Be at his side always. That's all I can ask."

Time: 8 am

After checking in at the small hotel nearby Suzuka, I had a little rest. After all, it's tiring to drive for 3 hours in a car that has heavy controls.

First things first, I gotta call Hiroyuki. He told me once that he has a house here, and sleeps in there whenever he races in Suzuka. I do hope he's there.

Grab the phone... dial the number...

It's ringing.... ringing.... ringing...

Hiroyuki: "Hello?"

Michiharu: "This is a wake up call."

Hiroyuki: "Well, what a pleasant surprise. And judging from the tone of your voice, it seems you're back to your tough guy persona."

Michiharu: "I haven't forgotten the real reason why I entered the racing world. I'm here in Mie, to practice in Suzuka for days."

Hiroyuki: "Are you sure you can grasp the entire track in a few days time?"

Michiharu: "That stage is waiting for too long. Five long years, to be exact. Mastery of the track is only a part of my victory. Make yourself available this Saturday. Is that okay?"

Hiroyuki: "Heh... sure. Besides, I'm itching too. I have been scratching this itch for five years. This is the perfect time.

All right then, Saturday. 10:30 in the morning."

Michiharu: "Fine with me, then."

Talk about being a morning person...

I ended the call, and immediately get myself dressed. Oddly enough, I know how to go to Suzuka, but I have yet to complete a lap in the track.

Thankfully, when I arrived there, the track is open to the public. I thought this is open on weekends only...

14666966844_caefe0ea37_c.jpg

The truth is, I still have zero knowledge on how to attack this course. The last time I've been here was five years ago, my first encounter with Hiroyuki. That's all thanks to me, going around the world to race.

14689171433_14acecb0f9_c.jpg

Getting familiar with the track, it's normal for you to run even just half of your pace. After all, you're still learning the lines here. The first section is all about those. I have to find the perfect line to attack the apexes of the corners. And.... that's the only section I knew back then. I never continued any further to the track after I sent Uncle's Hakosuka GT-R to the sand.

14666966234_c847fc5b07_c.jpg

And then I must be wary of the hairpin at the second section. After that, it's another high-speed blast. Seems that I was right about increasing the Countach's power. I wonder what car Hiroyuki drives, though... I must admit that the Countach's weight is my Achilles' Heel.

Meanhwhile, upon entering the track, Hiroyuki hears a very loud exhaust note.

Hiroyuki: "That could be him."

Wasting no time, he heads immediately to the track. He is at the 130R, waiting. He hears it once again, approaching from the straight.

Hiroyuki: "Heh... a Kreissieg Formula Exhaust System? Yeah, the shortcut to having an F1 car for the road."

14646275806_9a8929ba61_c.jpg

I know you live around this place, Hiroyuki. I'm sure you can hear this car's battle cry.

14668938032_e453ca3667_c.jpg

Hiroyuki puts up a grin on his face, upon seeing the Countach pass the 130R curve.

Hiroyuki: "Too fast..."

Shoot! I think I've gone too fast for the turn! I am feeling the curb through the steering wheel!

14689170813_83ea9f3b33_c.jpg

Michiharu: "Damn!!!"

And the car loses control... sending it backwards...

14482590310_60c71d81ec_c.jpg

Whew... good thing the tire wall buffered the car. I could have gone nowhere.....

14689170523_f7cfb7e274_c.jpg

But it ain't cheap to mend a Lamborghini. I just hit the steering wheel in frustration.

It's the Hakosuka crash all over again! Wake up! You can't be like this forever! You have to ignite your fighting spirit like you always do, Michiharu!

Don't stop, Michiharu! It's normal to fail on the first try. Try and try until you succeed! That's where one's fighting spirit will shine!

End of Page 6

14482619229_8d1b65529b_c.jpg

BONUS VIDEO:

Seeing the Countach's exhausts, it seems that they are based from the one you see in that video. Kaz should have taken note of that sound...

...but no, he just grabbed a blender and recorded its sound instead. :lol:

Just imagine that's the sound that Michiharu's Countach makes. Oh yeah, that heavenly F1 sound.

Page 7 - Fair Game

It's all set. Hiroyuki and I will finally battle for supremacy, at Suzuka Circuit, or should I say, enemy territory.

In reality, however, I have zero knowledge in Suzuka. I haven't really tried to race there ever since I first encountered Hiroyuki five years ago. That's all because of my various racing activities around the world, that I forgot to set time to familiarize the track.

What's worse? I crashed my Countach on my first try. You could say it's normal, but crashing a supercar is no joke. The repair bills will hit you hard.

Speaking of which, I am looking for a tuner shop nearby. Hmmmmm..... I wonder where?

I turned right at the next intersection. I cruise around, and voila! There it is!

Hmmmmm.... it seems there are only a few cars in there. I hope this can be fixed in an instant. After all, it's just a bent panel. But who knows....

I'll give it a try, then. I parked the car right in the shop, and I am looking around for a mechanic. Then a man, shorter than me, wearing a jumpsuit, approaches me.

Kaido: "Look who we have here, it's Michiharu Kanonji. By the way, my name is Kaido, and this shop has been recently opened. I operate mainly in Tokyo, though."

I guess I have to get used to people automatically knowing my name. So that explains the small number of cars inside.

Michiharu: "Good afternoon. I had a crash in Suzuka, but it's not something major."

Kaido: "Suzuka, you say? Let me see the damage."

I showed him to car, and pointed him the damaged part at the rear.

Kaido: "Not a problem, and I must say, this is miraculous. No need to contact Lamborghini for this. I can fix this simple fender bender.

If I have to guess, you messed up in the 130R, aren't you?"

Michiharu: "The 130R?"

Kaido: "The high speed corner after the bridge. Everyone commits mistakes there. It's like a curse."

Michiharu: "Yes. You're right."

Kaido: "And I suppose, that you are racing against Hiroyuki Hiramoto, am I right?"

Michiharu: "How can you tell?"

Kaido: "He told me. Oh, you must know that Hiroyuki confides everything to me. He's my... what shall I say? A close friend."

Michiharu: "I see."

Oh... I'm sure he's helping Hiroyuki out with this. He'll surely have an advantage.

Kaido: "But don't worry. I'm not going to do just a simple job for this. I'm going to help you out."

What?!? Seriously? How?!?

Michiharu: "Why?"

Kaido: "Your Countach needs more work, if it will be matched against an F40..."

F40? The Ferrari F40??? Hiroyuki owns one? And... that's what I'm facing against?

Kaido: "I will watch the race, and I have to make sure it's exciting. I'll make it a fair game for you."

Michiharu: "Hiroyuki drives an F40?"

Kaido: "Indeed."

The current record-holder for the fastest production car in the world, with racing car technology that matches its immense power. Great, I'm in bigger trouble.

Michiharu: "So, what will you do to my Countach? Since I race it, it's been thoroughly modified."

Kaido: "It shows, with that racing exhaust and a lower stance, I can tell. Plus with bucket seats and a roll cage inside. I assume you increased power and reduced weight."

Michiharu: "Yes, it makes 580 horsepower and weighs just 1300 kilograms."

Kaido: "Not bad, but not enough. Hiroyuki's F40 makes 550 horsepower, but is about 200 kilograms lighter. Plus, it's turbocharged. Even if you have more power, the F40 still fares better in other aspects.

Just ask other Countach owners, they will all tell you it's a porky car to drive. I'm sure you share the same sentiment. For starters, I will tune the suspension, suitable for Suzuka's corners. I won't fiddle the power any further, but a well-sorted chassis is what this Countach needs.

And I can get them all done before midnight. Besides, I'm only going to tweak the suspension, not change it entirely. But I'll change the brakes."

How much am I going to pay for all this? Oh brother...

Michiharu: "I'll pay whatever you're demanding. Thank you for helping me out. I didn't expect this."

Kaido: "I believe you're the only person that can defeat Hiroyuki. You're brave enough to challenge him."

As promised, Kaido finished working on the Countach by around 10 in the evening. Quite impressive, I must say. And to think... he acted like a Good Samaritan.

I can return to the circuit tomorrow, as he also told me that it will be open to the public all the days of this month.

Tomorrow, I shall do better. Let's see how much of a Good Samaritan that Kaido guy is.

The next day, Tomoko and Ben enter the circuit. They ask the officials if Michiharu Kanonji is present. They all say yes, and the two immediately head to the pit lane, waiting for him.

14490324228_73e6db3dea_c.jpg

Tomoko: "There he is!"

Ben: "Heh, a trick exhaust system, eh? The only Countach I've ever heard that has a similar note as the F1 cars."

14653953016_9c5a170503_c.jpg

Tomoko: "One thing is for sure, it's a lot faster than your LP400 Countach! Hehehehehehehe...."

Ben: "Don't rub it in, dear. I don't care."

Tomoko: "Can't take a joke?"

Ben: "One thing is for sure, that Michiharu will be in a heap of trouble. Hiroyuki's F40 is bad news."

Tomoko: "That's right. I've seen it race a couple of times, and it easily devoured the competition it faced."

14676955725_9eff6471d8_c.jpg

Amazing work! I can turn-in better, I can easily point it at the apex!

14490304159_851ffa577e_c.jpg

You're a genius, Kaido. I'm not going to be surprised if you play a role in Hiroyuki's success.

I can brake better, and the balance is great! I tackled the 130R without incident!

14676955375_43a3244c67_c.jpg

I can finally push this to the limit! All right, I'm back in business!

14696829373_59c92ec03e_c.jpg

End of Page 7

14490317229_0f9cf4eab3_c.jpg

The Stage has been set. Kanonji Michiharu! Hiramoto Hiroyuki! Who will win? Stay tuned. 👍👍

Lo siento. I got too excited for a moment there.:lol:

Page 8 - Poster Cars

All right, let's get this show on the road! Wait, on the track, I mean...

The car performs wonderfully. And I didn't expect a man from the opponent's side would help. I do agree with Kaido that it must be a fair game. After all, it's an F40 I'm dealing with. The F40 is seen as a god in the performance car world.

It's all set. I am prepared for war. If Hiroyuki and his F40 are seen as gods, then me and my Countach will stand up and overpower them.

The night before the race though, I met up with Tomoko at a park just nearby the hotel I'm staying with. I'm sure she is very eager to see me. I tried my best to avoid her ever since what happened. But of course, it's normal for her to worry.

Tomoko: "You are going to race Hiroyuki-san tomorrow? I wish you good luck."

Michiharu: "Thank you. You will always be my lucky charm, and...

...I cannot imagine my life would be without you."

Tomoko: "I will always be at your side. I promise. We have each other, right? You look problematic."

I don't want to hurt her! If I have to come up with excuses, then so be it... But I know that two wrongs won't make a right.

Michiharu: "I'm just tired, as all. For now, let's have dinner together. We can make up for the lost time."

The two of us just walk in a slow pace, while talking about settling down...

Tomoko: "Say, I wonder what our children would be?"

Michiharu: "I want them to grow up, happy with the path they have chosen. That's all that matters."

Tomoko: "That's the best thing I've heard."

Michiharu: "Parenthood is tough, but I'll be ready for it."

Time: 10 am

This is it... and I am already nervous. Hiroyuki is still not around. Gan, Ben and Tomoko are my only companions.

Gan: "You know, I could have brought the entire crew here."

Michiharu: "No need. After all, someone set this Countach for this track. I don't want to fiddle this car further."

Ben: "Confident, eh? I just want to see the F40 fall flat to the ground. Ugh... Ferraris..."

Tomoko: "But you gotta admit, this is one dream match that everyone wants to see. Lamborghini vs. Ferrari. The cars that are only adored through bedroom posters can now be seen in action! Look at the people at the bleachers!"

I didn't expect a large attendance. That's to be expected when you're famous, huh? Sometimes, celebrity life can be annoying.

Ben: "This is why you cannot mess up."

Ben pats my back. He rarely does that..

Ben: "You have reached this far. And this is something you wished to happen, am I right? Go out there and fulfill your goal!"

Then Hiroyuki's F40 finally arrives. It's red... (well, of course. It's a Ferrari!). Sometimes, that huge spoiler makes you want to grab hold of it and push the car like a shopping cart.

He steps out of his car. He brought along his manager. Surprisingly, he also doesn't have a crew with him.

Hiroyuki: "It seems that Kaido did a wonderful job. Perfect. I want this to be exciting."

Michiharu: "Don't worry, I will make it exciting for both of us. I don't know if you'll do your part."

Hiroyuki: "Relax. I'm not that of a boring person. I can bring excitement when I have to. Three laps is fine for you, am I right?"

Michiharu: "I worked hard for five years for this. Let's go..."

Both of us lined our cars at the starting line. The audience watches in excitement, and can't afford to take off their eyes for a single moment.

We are waiting for the lights to show green, as we rev the engines. Can your F40 beat the F1 sound of my Countach?

LET'S GO!!!

14660650286_284be18d4d_c.jpg

Huh? Something wrong, Hiroyuki?

Tomoko: "The F40 is off to a slow start!"

Ben: "That's what you get when you install two big turbos and a tall first gear. Either he didn't hit the sweet spot, or he intentionally started it that way."

Tomoko: "I'm thinking of the latter."

Gan: "I think Hiroyuki is well-aware of the F40's turbo lag, having driven it a lot of times, of course."

14703545163_d3027ca319_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Make sure you capitalize on your advantage. However, my right hand on the steering wheel shall dictate the flow of battle.

You are already under my "spell", Michiharu. You will make a mistake."

14680463321_71b5021d0f_c.jpg

As expected, he immediately kept up! The F40 is truly a monster!

Gan: "The Ferrari F40. Just think of how much of their experience in Formula 1 have poured in that car. Carbon fiber body. It's said to be like a giant go-kart!"

Ben: "Oh bloody hell... every car has its strengths and weaknesses. Stop viewing the F40 as a god, just because it's the fastest car in the world. It has flaws."

Tomoko: "Then how about Hiroyuki-san's driving style?"

Ben: "Then that has flaws too."

Tomoko: "What about his psychological warfare? He is pressuring Michiharu..."

Ben: "Michiharu should be using his head for this, really. The Countach's useless rear visibility will negate it, assuming HE USES HIS HEAD."

14660650116_68ce45cb4b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Not bad. You have a good racing line. Plus, Kaido's work truly pays off."

I can't get away from him! He's just playing with me... just like five years ago.

14680462971_51505d99c2_c.jpg

2nd lap has started. I still have the lead, but I have a feeling that he'll attack somewhere. I haven't forgotten your style, boy. I'm not gonna fall for your psychological whatever.

Tomoko: "2nd lap! And Michiharu is still leading!"

Shinji: "Hiroyuki will push through with his tactics. He'll force the opponent to make a mistake for sure.

That psychological warfare. It's a matter of pressuring your opponent. When you are being pressured, you get frantic, and your rhythm is destroyed, hence the chance of making a mistake is very likely."

First turn! Shoot! I went in too fast! I left a wide opening at the inside! Dammit... I fell on his trap!

14497003149_25519dfa90_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I thought you've gotten better. Don't disappoint me. Don't just put up a tough guy facade, back it up!"

14660649276_f12bc603ff_c.jpg

He's getting away!

14497002889_a3c1de9390_c.jpg

Our first encounter here five years ago, I'm not going to let that happen again! I WILL KEEP UP! Let's go, Fighting Bull!

Let's charge for victory, and trample that horse alive! That F40 is your red cape, Countach!

14681457924_f24a81611d_c.jpg

End of Page 8

Back