The Boom: Officially Ended; Car Reveals for The Next Fanfic

What could be the perfect cars for the Dream Match of Takuma vs. Nobuhiko?

• Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car vs. Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mazda Furai vs. Toyota TS030 Hybrid

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mazda RX-500 vs. Toyota FT-1 (both are at 550pp)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Pagani Zonda R vs. McLaren F1 GTR Base Model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page 9 - Karma

Once again, I gave in. I fell into Hiroyuki's psychological warfare that other racers note. Once you fell under pressure, your rhythm breaks, and you'll be desperate to get out from it. You tend to rush things, or you'll be frantic. After that, a mistake is made.

14512915597_c697ab6882_c.jpg

As usual, his plan worked. But that does not mean I'll just watch him cruise to victory! As long as this race lingers, there are still opportunities!

Meanwhile, at the pit lane, word of Hiroyuki's overtake reaches them.

Tomoko: "Oh dear! And that F40 will be hard to catch!"

Ben: "You could say that, but I did say a few words before your dearly beloved Michiharu gets in his car."

Shinji: "So you're saying that there is a way to counter Hiroyuki's strategy?

Ben: "Of course. Don't get your hopes up, really. Everything in the world has its weaknesses. Hiroyuki isn't invincible, either.

I'll let you in a little secret. Michiharu has a trump card. I do hope he listened to me, though..."

14699364055_96b7e0b0e9_c.jpg

14676346646_8d9c8f07c5_c.jpg

But... Ben did say something before the start of the race. He did not just give me a pat on the back.

Ben: "Remember the time I told you about Hiroyuki's one-hand steering technique? Assuming that you listened, the only way to win is to copy Hiroyuki's strategy.

And no, it's not steering in one hand. One-hand steer requires double the concentration, and takes more time to master.

If you disrupt his rhythm, then you have a chance. In short, it's karma. Plus, the F40 takes a lot of skill to drive. Doing the one-hand steer in that car is a big gamble. It's not as easy to drive as a moderately powered sports car.

I hope you have that drilled on your head.

You have reached this far. And this is something you wished to happen, am I right? Go out there and fulfill your goal!"

All right...

Hey Hiroyuki, have you ever felt being pressured? What if I use your trick against you? You have to put yourself into another person's shoes at one point!

I pushed it, and I caught the F40's draft. The plan works! Look at him at the Spoon Curve!

14512704468_e670b6b077_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Damn... I braked a bit later and overspeed through this turn. Michiharu's doggedness really brings out the best in you. Plus...

...I think I have worn out the tires a bit too much. This could be bad."

All right! I'm back in business. I will be a like a wolf wearing down its prey!

14696963514_503be4f79f_c.jpg

And just like that, he overshoots at the chicane. And because it is turbocharged, the F40 lagged down.

14699363035_0da45e2516_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Not bad, Michiharu. You are the only person that broke my spell."

It's the final lap! The F40 once again gains away from me, but not too much, since the Countach is riding in its slipstream.

I cannot afford to make another mistake! I must be aggressive!

14512704749_e318445e39_c.jpg

Brake... heel and toe, downshift to 3rd. Look, the F40 overshot again!

14512913957_7c27f57f4f_c.jpg

The tables have turned, Hiroyuki! Sometimes, you have to throw away logic and rely on your instincts. My aggressive racing style reflects me. I never thought for a second when I fought those punks in Kyoto. I just beat them up to a bloody pulp without hesitation!

Hiroyuki: "The same thing must be happening to him. The Countach is a lot heavier than the F40!"

However, it seem my glory is short-lived. The steering has gotten heavier! Could this be the tires???

14512913687_19cd761723_c.jpg

Shoot! I have to prevent him from overtaking me! Dammit!

But nonetheless, this is one hell of a race. Both of us have exhausted our means of winning.

It's a battle of preservation from here on! The final stretch will be an exciting one!

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Extreme Supercar Duel: The Conclusion!

I took Ben's simple advice and executed it. And I did regain my lead at the start of the final lap.

However, it's not the time to celebrate. In fact, both of us are in hot water. Our tires are starting to lose grip.

But of course, neither of us will give up! But there will only be one winner!

14521017108_d039d5573b_c.jpg

I slowed down approaching the next corner. The loss of grip really manifests itself. Massive understeer!

14727538603_aae9693e8f_c.jpg

But... Hiroyuki's F40 also overshot into the sand. This is really a battle to preserve!

14521234357_20eb65b44b_c.jpg

We managed to recover, but thanks to its pair of turbos, the F40 takes back the lead once again.

Even so, the flames that represent my fighting spirit burn strong!

14521234157_5c5e8412bb_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "This is the first time I have understeered so badly in this hairpin. But Michiharu takes it boldly, that he even has to oversteer..."

Because of that setback, Hiroyuki now returns his left hand to the wheel in order to aid with the steering.

Hiroyuki: "Heh... YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO FORCED ME TO USE TWO HANDS TO STEER!!!"

14704499871_5c7046ebca_c.jpg

I stepped on the clutch in order to force to rotate the rear wheels, as I want to induce oversteer to counteract understeer.

14707672535_9f3ae60129_c.jpg

Though unorthodox, what Uncle Koichi taught me about the controlled slide can be effective. Kudos to the man who pioneered this technique.

All right! The F40's turbo lag manifested again! We're even! Just keep pushing, Michiharu!

14521001380_02801712b0_c.jpg

Aaaaaargh! Dammit! Please hold on, my Countach! We're almost there!

14521016468_0159fb79b3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki, you are seeing the pushy side of me. If we are in a fistfight, I could have kept on punching you until you are truly down. That's how powerful hard work and determination are!

14684675796_ddd8b3372a_c.jpg

I'm not letting off! Not even for a second! This is where you'll just throw away logic and go berserk!

14707385582_772b81bef1_c.jpg

We're at the main straight. Foot on the pedal! The goal is just right before our eyes!

14705277164_4912576cf1_c.jpg

Tomoko: "There they are! And they're neck-and-neck!"

Come on, Countach! Push harder! Even if we're just a bit ahead!

Shinji: "No one is giving any quarter! They're really pushing it! But those two cars are equal!"

14684675126_9c3979f78a_c.jpg

14521038649_8edc1a8eed_c.jpg

Ben: "It's a dead heat!"

Tomoko: "I can't believe it! This is truly... an exciting battle!"

Did I win?

Hiroyuki: "Seems that we've ended this race with a tie."

You did well, Countach... You did well....

I'm exhausted... I don't think we can do a second round anymore. Both of us have exhausted our means.

Upon stepping down the car, Tomoko rushes and then hugs me.

Michiharu: "Huh? Hey!"

Ben: "I think Suzuka is the witness of one of the most exciting races in this country. People are talking. Look around you."

The people at the bleachers are talking non-stop. And when Hiroyuki stood beside me, they all applaud.

Tomoko: "It's a tie, Michiharu. Even so, you have proven more than enough that you have what it takes."

Hiroyuki: "She's right. I must admit, you made me panic during the last moments of the race."

Michiharu: "You know what? I have to thank you."

Hiroyuki: "Why?"

Michiharu: "If it weren't for you, I could have been a bum and just get stuck being taken care of my Uncle and Auntie back home. You gave me the reason to tackle the new life provided for me. For all these years I've been racing, I am always inspired by you, because you kept me on pushing hard, for me to get this far.

Everyone needs a nemesis, Hiroyuki. And you are one hell of a nemesis."

I reached out my hand. And then without hesitation, Hiroyuki reaches out his. As we shake hands, the audience applauds further.

Hiroyuki: "I am recognizing you as my equal... and only you."

Michiharu: "Me too. And don't worry, we can have another duel if you want."

Hiroyuki: "Just let me know."

And with that, I guess I can say we both won. I have won, because my hard work finally paid off. He won because he successfully set the hurdle for me to overcome. He did not let his guard down, and he gave his all.

What's next for me? What does my future hold? I guess I have to really consider settling down.

But of course, I have to take care the thing with Annie. I'll come up with a way to support her, while still being a faithful future husband to Tomoko.

It is difficult, but I am not going to back down.

After all, I AM A FIGHTER! Being a fighter made me reach this far!

END OF CHAPTER 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Hurrah! The final duel for this story is finally done! Up next is a short, but special chapter dedicated to the birth of Michiharu's fabled children that will carry on the torch - the Kanonji Twins.

And to answer Michiharu's question:

Their rivalry lives on, in the form of their children - Takuma Kanonji vs. Nobuhiko Hiramoto - who shall battle on who is truly the greatest.

It took me three days to read this all hahahaha What a great story! I don't have words to express how good is this story. Nice job @RCKakashi14 !

It took me three days to read this all hahahaha What a great story! I don't have words to express how good is this story. Nice job @RCKakashi14 !

Thank you for reading. Now I wonder how many days will it take for you to read the next story, which is my very first GT fanfic from 2 years ago. Link of the other stories are in the OP, and they are listed in chronological order.

Thank you for reading. Now I wonder how many days will it take for you to read the next story, which is my very first GT fanfic from 2 years ago. Link of the other stories are in the OP, and they are listed in chronological order.

It took me 3 days because I decided to read your fanfic when I was lying on my bed. I usually go to bed at midnight or even a it later, but I don't sleep until 2, 3AM, so I spend this time checking FB, Youtube and listening to music on my cellphone. It was an easy choice to start reading The Boom while that 2, 3 hour gap.

I'm really considering in just starting today the next story in chronolocial order. Looking in your link, I don't see "The Boom" listed, but I'm pretty sure in chronological order I started with the right foot. Next one is "Reaching The Apex", correct?

It took me 3 days because I decided to read your fanfic when I was lying on my bed. I usually go to bed at midnight or even a it later, but I don't sleep until 2, 3AM, so I spend this time checking FB, Youtube and listening to music on my cellphone. It was an easy choice to start reading The Boom while that 2, 3 hour gap.

I'm really considering in just starting today the next story in chronolocial order. Looking in your link, I don't see "The Boom" listed, but I'm pretty sure in chronological order I started with the right foot. Next one is "Reaching The Apex", correct?

Yes.

And I decided to revive The Boom because of the classic cars in GT6. I killed it off in the GT5 era...

SPECIAL CHAPTER

Divided By Fate

A very short, but special chapter dedicated to the birth of the Kanonji Twins, and as well as answering the question why Michiharu simply disappeared in the eyes of the racing world.

Take note though, that this is an optional chapter for you to read. You can skip it and wait for Takuma Gaiden II - Dream Alliance 3, or stay here to find out the events that set the story of Takanori Kanonji in my first ever fanfic written two years ago.

Page 1 - The Split

Five years later...

Another five years had gone by... and I spent those to build Tomoko's trust on me. I believed that it's the simplest way of getting out from my problem with Annie. Annie gave birth five years ago, and her child's name is Axel Eisenberg. She agreed that her son must not carry my last name, so as long as I fulfill my obligation.

But really, I just want to spend time with the person I truly love, that I can confide everything with, laugh or cry together.

I will never, ever forget what could arguably be the best race in my life - finally squaring off with Hiroyuki Hiramoto, just as what I have intended. It may have ended with a draw, but I could say that I have finally accomplished my goal.

But that does not mean that I would give up on racing. I am still active, but not as much as I was 10 years ago.

To seal that off, I married Tomoko, and nine months later, she could give birth anytime.

We did not mind that though, oddly enough. We are watching Ben's participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

14702433176_9788d893b6_c.jpg

Of course we stayed for an entire duration of the race, and Tomoko even forced herself to tag along with me to watch our teammate winning the race. Good thing is, his car does not suffer from any mechanical trouble at all, while his more powerful opponents are having problems.

In case you are wondering, our team parted ways. It's not because we had a falling out with Gan, but it's just that we have better offers that came in, and Ben took this race as an opportunity.

Tomoko had to stop racing, of course. She has prepared herself for motherhood, from the moment we got married. She even talked to some architects as she is about to set foot in having a business - a Mochi shop.

Tomoko: "Look! Ben finally did it! HE WON!!!"

14723055114_8a2663f889_c.jpg

Whoa!!! He is pretty much smooth-sailing all throughout his runs! As expected from him, but the car also deserves so much credit, as it had only little wear from the race. I never thought Rotary engines would last long in an endurance race. Kudos to Mazda, even though they didn't invent the Rotary engine, they spent so much time and money perfecting it!

After a brief celebration, we watched Ben inside a conference area. A press conference takes place, and as Ben grabbed the microphone, he clears his throat, and let out a sigh.

Something very important to deliver, I guess.

Ben: "Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to tell you, with a heavy heart, that I am retiring from the world of racing from this very moment."

What?!? Really?!? You're too young, you balding English chain-smoker!

Ben: "I have raced long enough, for me to garner the most important experiences I had. And I shall pass it on to my proteges.

I did not say this in a heartbeat. I have planned this for years, even without the knowledge of my peers. I shall form a bona fide racing team that will carry on my experiences, and my philosophies.

I have never regretted every single moment of my racing career. They are all very important to me. And so I shall drill that on to my students, the power of experience.

That's all I'll ever say. Thank you very much."

Of course, everyone in the room is truly shocked. But for Ben, he has it all. The money, fame, skills, and experience - what more can he ask for?

Yeah, he did mention about forming a racing team, during the time I got to know him. So I think he has everything planned out, huh?

Oh well, I have to be happy for him and his decision. I applauded along with the audience.

After the shindig, the two of us joined Ben on our way back to the hotel.

Tomoko: "Awwwwwww.... it's just... too early for you to retire!"

Ben: "I have to set a perfect timing, love. Besides, I have nothing more to ask for. Instead, I will vent everything I've learned to my proteges."

Michiharu: "So... what is the name of your racing team you'll form?"

Ben: "The Proteges."

Michiharu: "Wow... what a name."

Ben: "Crummy name or not, it holds an important meaning. I don't want a racing team to have a flashy name. Too cliche..."

Tomoko: "Since we can't stop you, my husband and I wish you good luck."

Ben: "Thank you. You are truly my family. And... I want to see your child soon."

Tomoko: "I'm kinda excited to give birth already."

Well, me too. After that, Tomoko and I can finally live happily as a family... I have planned well...

**************************************************************************************

We have returned to Japan a few days later.

Where do we live? Well...

...Uncle and Auntie decided to give up their house to ours. I was totally against it, but they insisted, since they truly want to make me happy. I will never, ever forget the day they took me in. I owe my new life to them.

I am watching Tomoko preparing the ingredients for tonight's dinner. But suddenly...

Tomoko: "Michiharu... I think the babies are coming."

Oh, we found out a month ago that we will have twins.

Michiharu: "Don't worry! I'll carry you! I'll just get the keys."

I hurriedly open the car, and then go back in to carry Tomoko and put her in the car safely. All set! Time to go! No time to lose!

**************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, Ben is also rushing to the hospital, as he has terrible stomachache.

14702433036_04188c9c36_c.jpg

Ben: "Ugh.... I AM NOT GOING TO EAT SUSHI OR SASHIMI.... EVER!!!"

He arrived, but he is frustrated further, as he parked on the other side of the building. The emergency area is at the front.

Ben: "Bloody hell..."

After an intense labor, Tomoko finally made it. The twins are male, one has a brown hair, while the other has navy blue hair.

I am carrying the brown-haired one. And Tomoko looks at the blue-haired one with joy, as she holds the infant.

Tomoko: "At least we have someone that has my hair. Teehee..."

Michiharu: "Have you decided with their names?"

Tomoko: "I still can't decide..."

Michiharu: "Ummmmm..... what about.... Takanori for this brown-haired one, and Takuma for the other?"

Tomoko: "That's great! Hey, care to switch?"

I handed Takanori to her as the nurse gives Takuma to me. Takuma just cuddled in my arms. I saw a little smile from him...

This is really a great night... I have a family of my own.

And I will be the provider who is always at their side. I promise that I will be great father for them!

We checked our babies at the nursery. I noticed Ben passing by behind us. Hmmmm.... I wonder why.

Anyway, both of us are in glee, seeing our children very healthy.

Well, we can't linger here for long, as Tomoko has to be back on her bed to rest.

Meanwhile, as Ben is talking to a doctor in a clinic, with the latter giving prescription, a black smoke enters the room. The doctor managed to sniff it.

Doctor: "We have to get out of here."

Ben: "What??? THIS PLACE IS ON FIRE!"

Oh no! Really??? This hospital is on fire?!? We are just waiting outside, and we have seen some carts from the nursery being rolled out. The nurse gives us Takanori. But...

...WHERE IS TAKUMA?!? WHERE IS HE?!?

I rushed to entrance, but the firefighters restrained me. Shoot! I have to find another way in!

Meanwhile, inside the burning building, as Ben runs to the exit, he looks at the nursery, and notices that there is one baby left inside. He bravely gets in, and pushes out the cart to the nearest exit.

He reads the name written on a blank board attached on the cart.

Ben: "Takuma?"

Seeing the baby cry, he carries it. Then to provide warmth, Ben takes off the scarf from his neck and swaddled it around the infant.

Ben: "I must take you home first. Then I'll look for your parents."

The baby takes a look at Ben, and shows a little smile.

Ben: "What are you smiling at? I'm not your father. But I do find you adorable."

The infant Takuma then sleeps soundly, as Ben carries him on the way back to his car.

Ben: "First things first. Find milk."

End of Page 1

Page 2 - Hidden Away

Takuma??? Takuma!!! I refuse to believe all hope is lost!

I am searching for days. Even my wife is worried about what I'm doing. Luckily for her, we transferred to another hospital, and she shouldn't worry too much on me while she's recuperating.

I reached that burned hospital, and I talked to the executives and firefighters in the site. They all told me that Takuma died in the explosion, according to the manifesto. He is one among the few patients who died by suffocation.

But... MY GUTS SAY OTHERWISE!!!

Michiharu: "You're just going to tell me that? That easily??? Surely he might have gone missing!!!"

But they claimed that they have searched the entire place during the fire, and they saw some suffocated patients.

This is getting nowhere! I'm leaving!

I returned to the other hospital to check on Tomoko. I just can't believe that they finished the investigation easily.

Tomoko: "Maybe you should stay here with us more often. Takanori should see his father."

Michiharu: "I'm sorry... it's just that I won't stop searching for Takuma. I'm not giving up!"

Tomoko: "The police and firefighters already came here while you left. They told me that...

Michiharu: "Don't believe in them! I have a feeling! I have a feeling that he is somewhere, being taken care of by a good soul!"

Tomoko: "Please... just please. Be here."

She starts to cry. She is just as devastated as I am. I want to go out of this room and cry too...

...and so I did storm out. I kicked a wall and just cried on it.

What kind of a father am I? I unintentionally created a child, and now... I can't even save my other child.

Am I as pathetic as my father?

Takuma... I know you're out there. I am the only one believing you're out there. The only thing I can hope for is that you are happy with whoever the person taking care of you.

Someday, we'll meet. And I won't stop searching... I REFUSE TO BELIEVE YOU'RE DEAD!

FIVE YEARS LATER

Here I am, fulfilling my obligations as a father, while secretly searching for Takuma. Tomoko and I agreed not to tell Takanori that he has a twin. I told to myself that there will be a right time for them to meet.

One Saturday morning, I told Tomoko that I'll be off to the grocery. But in truth, I am resuming my secret search.

However, I felt someone tugging my pants. That's Takanori...

Young Takanori: "Daddy, where are you going?"

Michiharu: "Ummmm... to the grocery. What do you want to eat for dinner?"

Young Takanori: "Can I come with you?"

Michiharu: "Sure! Just get dressed, okay? I'll be waiting."

Tomoko and Takanori head upstairs for dressing up. Oh no... I guess I have to stick to my alibi.

But...

...I guess I have to start being a good father for Takanori. For starters, he must see what I'm capable of, he must see how am I putting food on the table.

Takanori is ready, and we set off.

Young Takanori: "Are we going to the grocery?"

Michiharu: "We'll go there later. For now, you'll see how Daddy drives fast. Mommy always tell you racing stories about me, right?"

Young Takanori: "Really?!? I want to see!"

Michiharu: "Just make sure you hold on tight, okay?"

So I took a detour to the hills of Kanagawa. There, you can easily stretch the GT-R, with all the 4WD traction you can have along with turbocharged power.

14730921974_76c6f0c5ef_c.jpg

Young Takanori: "Weeeeeeeee!!! You are so fast!"

14546651479_01ef15cd36_c.jpg

Young Takanori: "Wow!!! We're already very high! I can see the city!"

Michiharu: "Going to places like this will make you happy."

Somehow, I find happiness with what I'm currently doing. I am happy, as long as my family is happy.

Young Takanori: "We should do this every Saturday!"

Oh boy.... well, there's no use refusing it. I have to be a good father for Takanori, even though I hid the fact that he has a twin. I don't want him to get sad.

14546610390_1131383355_c.jpg

Michiharu: "Sure! Everything for you! Do you want to be a racer just like me?"

Young Takanori: "I will be just like you! I will have a story of my own!"

That's a good start, little Takanori. Have a dream in mind at a young age. I didn't have that when I was young, with how my parents used to treat me...

Time: 12 pm

Ben is signing papers, for Takuma to start school in London, UK. He intends for Takuma to start preparatory school next year.

For Takuma though, it doesn't matter...

...as he believes that his parents abandoned him. He has been living in sadness and anger ever since.

Ben: "Takuma, it's settled then. We will leave next month, and pursue your studies in London. I have also contacted a karting school for you to have a good start, before you go to school next year."

Young Takuma: "So I'm going to race? Why is that so?"

Ben: "Because your father... well, he is a racer. You have his genes. Make good use of them."

Young Takuma: "I see. I want to be a racer, but to show him how greater am I than him."

Ben: "That should do it. You anger must go somewhere. You'll go crazy if you don't. There, vent your anger in the world of speed. You are already a part of my racing team."

Young Takuma: "Okay."

Ben turns around, showing a sigh. A sigh of regret... on how he unintentionally poisoned Takuma...

...out of love.

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- So, how did Ben "poison" Takuma? Well, it was already written in A Sir's Diary. It would be redundant if I write it here.

- Next page would be the last. And of course, to finally reveal my #1 favorite car in my fanfics!

Page 3 - Running Away

For five years, I let Takanori live in a world of lies. The only thing good I can do is to make him happy by taking him to my track days. I cannot let him live in sadness knowing he lost his twin.

Every time I do that, my heart slowly shatters from guilt. And so does my sanity.

What can I do?

One afternoon, I am busy cutting out pictures for Takanori's homework. My son does it too, as well. He has to learn to do it by himself. Scissors are not that dangerous, if handled properly.

I looked out at the window. And...

...what is this? Annie arrives? With Axel?

I immediately stopped what I'm doing, and then meet them outside.

Michiharu: "You should have called beforehand."

Annie: "Please.... even this meeting has to be in secret? Besides, this is finally the chance Axel gets to see you. Do it for him, if you can't do it for me."

Michiharu: "I have already deposited more than enough money in your life savings. Aren't those enough? Besides, I cannot live a life with the things I didn't intend to be involved with."

Annie: "You don't even have to love me. Be a father to Axel, that's all I want."

Michiharu: "I'm going to end this agreement if you keep on insisting."

Annie: "Oh? So you're the one threatening me now, huh?"

Michiharu: "I'm not scared of you, woman. I'm not the one who is fond on hitting women, but you are pushing it.

I AM NOT GOING TO LIVE WITH A WOMAN I DON'T LOVE AT ALL. Now get out!"

Axel sees Takanori's ball rolling towards him. He picks it up and gives it to a curious Takanori.

Young Takanori: "Ummmm... thank you. May I know your name?"

However, before Axel could utter a word, Annie suddenly takes him and they depart together.

Michiharu: "Takanori? Why are you playing outside? Get in and let's finish your homework."

That was close. That's another thing Takanori should never know, that he has a half-brother. I want to have a happy family!

But I cannot go on lying! I cannot take this anymore!

Monday...

I have given this a thought. I have been really thinking about this the moment I lost Takuma.

I will leave... yes. I will run away. I have to...breathe! I'm not really cut out for fatherhood after all! I can't be a good father to all my three children. Takanori must not take my lies any further.

First order of business, I'll send my GT-R to Gan. I have plans for it...

Gan: "Hey, why do you want to stash your GT-R here in my garage? Garage is full?"

14555191218_2a74c94a53_c.jpg

Michiharu: "No. And you are only one of two persons to know about my plan."

Gan: "What plan?"

Michiharu: "Since you're asking why I'm stashing the car here, you deserve to know.

I'm running away."

Gan: "What?!?"

Michiharu: "Please don't tell anyone about this, including my wife and my child."

Gan: "What made you.... Hey! Think this over!"

Michiharu: "It's a long story. But I just think that I'm not cut out for fatherhood."

Gan: "This is ridiculous!"

Michiharu: "I'd expect you to say that. But don't worry, I won't abandon it here. The GT-R shall grow with Takanori. I'll improve it bit by bit.

And to be a good father at least, I'll watch over Takanori. I'll provide him with anything he needs, in a discreet manner.

Please, I'm begging you. As a friend and your racer."

Gan: "All right. If you insist. Besides, since you have done so much for me, I'll provide support to your family too. But what if your wife asks me?"

Michiharu: "I'll come up with something. A letter that I'll give to her the night I'll depart."

****************************************************************************************

As planned, I will depart by night. I have written a letter I kept first in my own safe box. My luggage are at a cabinet downstairs, filled with enough clothing and other things I need. I expect Ben to arrive at 1 in the morning.

Yes, Ben is the other person who knows what I'm going through.

My wife and Takanori are asleep. Perfect. Time to commence departure. I placed the letter on my pillow, so that she could read it the moment she wakes up.

12:50, I took out my luggage from the cabinet downstairs. I immediately head outside.

As I walk towards the open road where I'll meet Ben, I looked back..

...and shed tears. Farewell.... and I'm really really sorry. The moment I accidentally impregnated Annie, everything shattered. They were all a big mistake.

Tomoko... I love you so much that I can't see you in pain. I hope this will be the last time you'll cry. Forget about me if you can, and focus on raising Takanori and running the little Mochi shop.

While I... I have to breathe for the first time in 10 years. And as well as resuming my search for Takuma. I still strongly believe that he is out there.

Meanwhile, Ben is on his way, near the spot where he'll meet Michiharu.

Ben: "Michiharu has something he doesn't know. But for now, I'll do my obligation as a friend..."

He arrives at the exact time, at 1 in the morning. He helps Michiharu load the suitcases in the trunk of the car.

The two get in, and are on their way to the airport.

Ben: "Are you totally sure about this?"

Michiharu: "I have thought this over and over. Someday, they'll accept this."

****************************************************************************************

At dawn, Tomoko wakes up to open the shop. She has to prepare the equipment before the shop opens. She is wondering where her husband could be, until she sees the letter on his pillow.

Dearest Tomoko, the moment you read this, I am already gone.

The moment we lost Takuma, I have thought that I am not cut out to be a good father. To think I gave up, and had done almost nothing for five years. I cannot save him. And what adds to the burden is the fact that I'm lying to Takanori. Don't blame yourself, either. It was all my fault.

I love this family so much that I have to carry all this burden alone. But this is too much, and I have to run away. I will look after both of you, and ensure that Takanori will have everything he needs. If he asks where I am, just tell him that I died. When everyone asks, tell the same thing. The world does not need a scoundrel like me, who turned out to be as rotten as his father.

And as for you, you can forget me if you want. I love you with all my heart that I cannot bear to face you, with all the failures I have. Please live a life with happiness and love with Takanori. Pour out all the love to Takanori, and raise him to be a much better person than I am.

Farewell... my destiny awaits.

Tomoko: "No.... no!"

She breaks down. Takanori passes by the room and sees his mother crying.

Young Takanori: "What's wrong, Mommy?"

Tomoko: "Your father.... is gone."

Young Takanori: "Daddy!"

He runs downstairs and goes outside. All that he can ever do is shout the word "Daddy".

Tomoko: "Come back inside... He's already... dead. Just remember what he taught to you. Be brave. I know this is tough for you. But please be happy for him."

Takanori is brought to tears upon hearing those words. He hugs his mother tightly.

The next day, Takanori is looking at the plants Tomoko had planted. He looks at the other one, which is planted by Michiharu. He is about to cry, until the pendant on his necklace that his father gave him suddenly got detached and rolls.

He chases after it, and suddenly he tripped. He sees a hand, and helps him up upon picking up the pendant. The person who did so is also a child.

Young Takanori: "Thank you very much. This pendant is all I have."

Young Takuma: "It looks nice."

However, Ben arrives and takes Takuma away.

Ben: "Oh boy... there you are. I've been looking for you, you know?"

Unknown to Takanori, he had finally met his long lost twin. He just looks at the two walking away.

As years go by, Takuma is polishing his racing skills through Go Kart racing.

14761705073_1ac1b543e7_c.jpg

Each time he holds the steering wheel, he holds it firmly...

Fueled by anger and hate, he vows to teach his own family a lesson.

14555386287_222ebd0f03_c.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan, Takanori spends time going to the police station and asks about Michiharu's whereabouts. However, all are futile.

But Takanori did not give up. He is also fueled, but with determination and believes that someday he will meet his father again. And when that happens, he will hug him tightly.

And by the time he became a high school student, all seemed normal until one morning...

Takanori: "Oh shoot! I'm going to be late!"

After getting dressed for school, Takanori rushes downstairs and skips breakfast. He gets on his bike outside and bids farewell to his Honda Civic Type R parked at the garage.​

When he made it in school just in time, he bumps into a rich heiress named Makoto Kurosawa...

FROM THEN ON, HIS LIFE WOULD CHANGE.

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- All right! After 7 months, The Boom is officially over! Thank you all to those who spent time reading this. Now please take some more time to read its succeeding stories. Link is posted in the OP and the contents are sorted in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

- By August, Takuma Gaiden II - Dream Alliance 3 will start.

And as promised...

My Number 1 Favorite Car in all my fanfics is...

14741546832_b6fba69b40_c.jpg

The Lamborghini Countach!

Oddly enough, I wasn't born in the 70s nor 80s. But seeing that car in the photos for the first time made me think that it's such a beautiful, or an aggressive car. It looked like that it came from the future!

Then upon making research, I finally got why a lot of people are obsessed with it. The outrageous styling and performance made it a darling in various media, even to the point that it's a star in Cannonball Run movies driven by two ladies who use their appeal to avoid getting a speeding ticket.

Well of course they can, as the car's performance will easily blow away those Firebird police cars. Hehehehehe...

Another push for me to include the Countach is its main role in the supercar manga titled "Countach", starring the early LP400 model. Sadly, no one translates the other chapters, and I'm stuck reading just 24 translated chapters.

I'm glad that they are playable in both GT5 and GT6. While they are fast, I don't really expect them to conquer everything they stepped in. But the outrageous aura still remains. Not even the Murcielago nor the Aventador has that aura.

I like its front, and sometimes I laugh at its "sleepy" headlights. Yes, the Countach looks sleepy, while the Miura has eyelashes. :lol:

Because of those qualities, I thought to myself that they should appear in my fanfics. And it turns out, they are as exposed as the FD3S RX-7 and the GT-R in the stories. That's just how I love the Countach.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Crossover with @KazaMR2 's fan fiction coming soon...

14756916522_8b2975c60d_c.jpg

And yes, even though it's set in Japan, Takuma brought in Sir Ben's Diablo GT (which is registered in UK) for a little shakedown.

Crossover with @KazaMR2 's fan fiction coming soon...

14756916522_8b2975c60d_c.jpg

And yes, even though it's set in Japan, Takuma brought in Sir Ben's Diablo GT (which is registered in UK) for a little shakedown.

Ah I forgot about this part! I think I may write it up after the opening scene and another backstory. :sly:

Coming Soon to Takuma Gaiden II:

14773602871_6feb43ca7c_c.jpg

This is just one among the VGTs that will appear. Driven by Nina Hanne of Team Silverblade.

14776413992_bacd45e9aa_c.jpg

Dennis Hatch's KTM X-Bow Street. With that, a small side story about the Hatch brothers will come out, and their venture to Time Attack competitions.

Back