The Brand New McLaren 720S Is Coming to Project CARS 2

Mclaren is developing and replacing models in a neck-breaking speed. Crazy they are already replacing the 650. Even more crazy: they are already throwing their recently established brand style out the window. This car looks cool, but it doesent really look like a Mclaren.

I'm really happy to see SMS get exclusive deals with car brands as well, it means they are a force to be reckoned with in the virtual racing industry.

And I am perfectly fine for these 1-year car model (not brand) exclusive deals the car brands make with the games. Forza Horizon had the Lamborgini Centenario for 2016 and guess what, from early 2017 on the car popped up in Real Racing 3. I'm sure "our" McLaren 720S will pop up in FM7 as well, but that will be the January 2018 car pack at the soonest. :D:D:D

What I don't like at all though is gaming companies being totally retarded and claiming exclusive rights for tracks. You know, for example a certain hill climb track for a certain studio that fails to release it's games on time. I mean... lol, that exclusiveness is sitting gathering dust somewhere in the lands of the rising sun.

I'm really happy to see SMS get exclusive deals with car brands as well, it means they are a force to be reckoned with in the virtual racing industry.

And I am perfectly fine for these 1-year car model (not brand) exclusive deals the car brands make with the games. Forza Horizon had the Lamborgini Centenario for 2016 and guess what, from early 2017 on the car popped up in Real Racing 3. I'm sure "our" McLaren 720S will pop up in FM7 as well, but that will be the January 2018 car pack at the soonest. :D:D:D

What I don't like at all though is gaming companies being totally retarded and claiming exclusive rights for tracks. You know, for example a certain hill climb track for a certain studio that fails to release it's games on time. I mean... lol, that exclusiveness is sitting gathering dust somewhere in the lands of the rising sun.
Exclusivity makes no sense for circuits or brands. (Fortunately Porsche realised it) But specific cars for a short length of time, that's not too bad.

Mclaren is developing and replacing models in a neck-breaking speed. Crazy they are already replacing the 650. Even more crazy: they are already throwing their recently established brand style out the window. This car looks cool, but it doesent really look like a Mclaren.

The 650S started as the MP4-12C and guess how long ago that came out? McLaren hasn't properly replaced anything (650S being a 12C facelift) yet with this being the first replacement. Lots of new models coming along sure, but not at break neck speed.

The car looks like a 570 that's been crashed into head-on by two semis in the front fender areas.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if we'll see a 2017 RUF CTR Yellowbird reveal, too :)

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Rumor is Porsche licensing dictates "us or Ruf, but not both". Of course existing games such as AC, whi added Porsche as a DLC are the exception. This would apply to new games only if true so pCARS 2 would fall under that.

Again, this is a rumor, but it would make sense that Porsche would not want their carsnshown along side a 3rd party tuner.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Rumor is Porsche licensing dictates "us or Ruf, but not both". Of course existing games such as AC, whi added Porsche as a DLC are the exception. This would apply to new games only if true so pCARS 2 would fall under that.

Again, this is a rumor, but it would make sense that Porsche would not want their carsnshown along side a 3rd party tuner.
I think I read somewhere that this new RUF has nothing to do with Porsche anymore.

I think I read somewhere that this new RUF has nothing to do with Porsche anymore.

It still looks like a Porsche body to me. And it does to most people who see it. That's all that really matters in the eyes of Porsche's marketing and legal teams.

Just remember that it is Porsche's license to give or not give. Therefore it will be their rules and guidelines that need to be followed in order to obtain that license. It doesn't matter if there is any existing relationship between Porsche and Ruf or not. If they decide "we won't let you have the license if you include Ruf's products", then that is what the rules are.....

Yes I used to see them as special, but way too many models and releases now for me..

Did it ever? I thought RUF was just a tuner company that just tune Porsches.
Today at the Geneva Motor Show, RUF introduced to the world a fitting tribute to the Yellow Bird: The 2017 RUF CTR, a brand-new, rear-engine speed freak that, for the first time in RUF history, is built on a completely bespoke chassis rather than a production Porsche platform—even though the styling is straight out of Porsche's history book.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...f-ctr-faithful-tribute-yellow-bird-930-turbo/

Back