The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
I didn't realize that this was supposed to be a test version of GT6, nor did I realize that I am not an unpayed employee of Polyphony Digital. Aren't game testers supposed to be payed for finding this type of crap? I understand I glitch of two, especially burried in the game and rare to come across. This is just ridiculous! They came out with it early so they don't have to pay testers to find glitches, we do it for them! I really do feel bad about spending $60 on an unfinished and underpolished game with so many of the features "coming at a later date" There really is no excuse on PD's part for releasing this to the public under the moniker of being a full fledged successor. This is GT6 Prologue!

I didn't realize that this was supposed to be a test version of GT6, nor did I realize that I am not an unpayed employee of Polyphony Digital. Aren't game testers supposed to be payed for finding this type of crap? I understand I glitch of two, especially burried in the game and rare to come across. This is just ridiculous! They came out with it early so they don't have to pay testers to find glitches, we do it for them! I really do feel bad about spending $60 on an unfinished and underpolished game with so many of the features "coming at a later date" There really is no excuse on PD's part for releasing this to the public under the moniker of being a full fledged successor. This is GT6 Prologue!

Welcome to gaming in the 21st century.

I ran out of gas in my subaru pikes peak at nurburgring and the rx-7 that tried to pass me was stuck, took him a second. that is to be understood, but, when he did pass me he continued to go right in front of me at 49mph as if he also was out of gas until 2 turns later when he just took off! Genius!

Please don't repost (you did it a record 7 times :lol: )use the edit button if you want to add more information to your post.

Regardless of the term "stealing" it's an exploit which doesn't belong in this thread, let us leave it at that.

No, how is it an exploit? it is obviously a GLITCH/ERROR in the game. An exploit would be the ascari track thing.. people spend hours trying to figure out that stuff, i spent 30 seconds trying to get back what i lost and i noticed it said "download" so i clicked on it and BOOM the credit counter popped up, and like i said i was only able to do it once, you can do exploits over and over again

No, how is it an exploit? it is obviously a GLITCH/ERROR in the game. An exploit would be the ascari track thing.. people spend hours trying to figure out that stuff, i spent 30 seconds trying to get back what i lost and i noticed it said "download" so i clicked on it and BOOM the credit counter popped up, and like i said i was only able to do it once, you can do exploits over and over again

I know that you don't mean anything bad but regardless I don't think it's a good idea to talk about it here since others might copy you.

i doubt it, lot of people on here are against buying cash cards, they dont know if i used a psn card or a visa and what version of the game i'm running, or if i downloaded the game or have a hard copy, or even what i did prior to this happening.. its not like i posted a step by step guide because i honestly can't even remember what i did exactly.

Strictly a visual thing, but the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car is wrong. It is a hybrid of a 1968 and 1969 Camaro. The 1969 Camaro did not have round wheel wells. Those were only on the 67 and 68.

Look at the facts.

Microtransactions
So many bugs
Future dlc and game-modes

Pd is going to make GT7 a free-to-play game. You heard it here first!

I love gt as a series and love gt6 for what it does right, but I think the future will be a bleak one.

Has anyone else been getting a tiny pause at the start and end of a race? Like it freezes for less than a second when you cross the finish line. I hope it isn't just me...

After purchasing the box customizable speeds, the car does not accept more you use the rates of H the steering wheel with the clutch. Too bad...

Has frozen 3 times already since getting the game on release day, 2 of them requiring PS3 file system restore (PS3 slim).

I don't know if it's a glitch or supposed to be cold tires but after I pit my second set of tires are worthless, first set last 6 laps and the next set are gone in 2, and the tires squeal down the straights even with the traction control turned up. I've tried going easy on them to warm up but they just wear down.

also I think the '98 Lambo Diablo GT2 car is supposed to have down force and does not

Ford GT40 Race Car (the 20m credits one) - starts off with 478bhp and 570pp. After an initial oil change the bhp rises to 517, but the performance points drop by 1 to 569pp.

Makes no sense.

I did see a car specific mention of this and couldn't be bothered to read all the posts.

I have done a number of Free Runs with various cars at Bathurst and the engine sound is intermittent. Can't remember as far as races are concerned. I am guessing this may be a disk access thing as it is a new (and probably more detailed) track and the processor can only cope with so much work!

When you add certain engine parts to cars, their engine note changes hugely. For example, adding a customisable gearbox to a Lexus LFA removes that glorious V10 howl with a generic engine sound. Not an issue in itself, but if you revert back to the stock gearbox when at a track, the noise doesn't change back. It only corrects itself when you exit out and reload the track up again.

This was a bug on GT5 at the start too. But they fixed it with a patch. Surprised they've made the same mistake again.

I'm having a lot of problems with exhaust. Sometimes there's no engine sound, but i also have a 458 that keeps visually racing exhaust (in race, gallery in the garage, photomode) even when i don't have them installed, but only on tab a on setting. On tab b or c it's ok.
Something also happened to my brz, one time i heard a totally different engine sound, not one that you have with any other exhaust options...and it was nice.

Yep, does it to me too. :( Played for nearly 3 hours on other games fine so I believe it could be a GT problem.
I'm suspecting that the hardware crashing may have to do with how GT6 handles their file swap, as oppose to the option of installing all game files to the HDD like GT5. btw anyone.. is their an option to do a full install? I didn't see it in the options..

I get random occurrences of my "friends" disappearing from my license challenges unless I exit and re-enter and it decides to put them back.

I'd say this might be related to getting dropped off from GT6 servers. For me, the GT6 server connection seems to be very unstable even though I stay connected to PSN...

Last edited:
When you add certain engine parts to cars, their engine note changes hugely. For example, adding a customisable gearbox to a Lexus LFA removes that glorious V10 howl with a generic engine sound. Not an issue in itself, but if you revert back to the stock gearbox when at a track, the noise doesn't change back. It only corrects itself when you exit out and reload the track up again.

This was a bug on GT5 at the start too. But they fixed it with a patch. Surprised they've made the same mistake again.
GT6 (or GT5.5) is more or less cut&paste from an early GT5 version which they have tweaked a bit and put in some new cars. Travesty.

Back