The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
I've been having issues in which I click on open lobby in the main menu, a bunch of lobbies show up, and as I'm scrolling thru them, the game backs out to the main menu. I've tried unplugging my steering wheel and using my DS3. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosen't. Also restarting the system dosn't always work. The thing is is that this isn't a consistent problem. Yesterday was the worst where it was happening constantly, while the day prior I had no issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've been having issues in which I click on open lobby in the main menu, a bunch of lobbies show up, and as I'm scrolling thru them, the game backs out to the main menu. I've tried unplugging my steering wheel and using my DS3. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosen't. Also restarting the system dosn't always work. The thing is is that this isn't a consistent problem. Yesterday was the worst where it was happening constantly, while the day prior I had no issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

Does it only happen in this specific menu? When my first controller got old it started to press the O button itself randomly, especially when the charging cable was attached.

I've had the same problem. Mine just fixed itself, I am sure it's NOT the controller, as me and a few others were having the same problem. It could just be PD servers being PD servers.

Does it only happen in this specific menu? When my first controller got old it started to press the O button itself randomly, especially when the charging cable was attached.
Yes. only in this menu. It's fine everywhere else.

I've had the same problem. Mine just fixed itself, I am sure it's NOT the controller, as me and a few others were having the same problem. It could just be PD servers being PD servers.
Well I hope that just what the problem is. It's making it hard for me to find track day lobbies.

I read the mentions of a similar issue on the previous page but quitting the lobby list only takes a single button press while leaving a lobby and returning to main menu normally requires confirmation. Just thinking about possible causes. It might very well be a new sort of server disconnection error, I haven't experienced it myself yet.

I read the mentions of a similar issue on the previous page but quitting the lobby list only takes a single button press while leaving a lobby and returning to main menu normally requires confirmation. Just thinking about possible causes. It might very well be a new sort of server disconnection error, I haven't experienced it myself yet.
Hopefully you don't, it can get annoying, especially when the AI sucks and there's nothing to do IRL, except play with dirt.

This kept happening to me the other day. It was definitely not a controller issue. When you push the O button to exit out to the main menu there is a sound. This was happening and there was no sound at all.

Thankfully it hasn't happened since.

I hate to sound al 'happy clappy' but as somebody who is new to game (since November) I am amazed to see how much support PD have given this game. Did you know it takes over 10hours to install with all the upgrades and improvements....and that's with super quick fibre optic!
Virtually all other Devi are treating the PS3 as a dead platform (I should've had my ps4 months ago) but the seasonal challenges continue. Remember I even got a beginners level race and an intermediate level race in my first seasonal challenge. There are clearly problems but car model names, which change from country to country-never mind continents shouldn't stress people too much. There aren't game breakers or if there is they are not happening on a regular basis.
I think we have to accept that the PS3 is running at its optimum and probably way out of its comfort zone. so I just wanted to remind people how little Dee's support titles once they've been shipped. Then when a new one is announced and being worked on then it's usually game over. Kudos to PD as I've never seen support like this before and I'm really impressed by it.

Of course you have every right to get frustrated at glitches though and this is NOT me having a dig in any way ")

@HamOnRye, now you need to get online and race with real people.

Speaking of online, I saw this the other night for the first time.

no%20flag_zpsmfvheynf.jpg

The guy, rashkomple, has no flag. Someone asked where he was from and he said Guatemala. I have seen the TW flag-less symbol they use for Taiwan, but never no flag or symbol at all.

@HamOnRye, now you need to get online and race with real people.

Speaking of online, I saw this the other night for the first time.

no%20flag_zpsmfvheynf.jpg

The guy, rashkomple, has no flag. Someone asked where he was from and he said Guatemala. I have seen the TW flag-less symbol they use for Taiwan, but never no flag or symbol at all.

Im in the UK so what time is 8 o clock central in gmt? I'd love to give it a shot although I know it's gonna be a mite painful, especially at first! I suspect I'll be so far out of my depth I'll need water wings or a life jacket! :D

Re flag. I do hope we don't see a rash of shady online racers. I'm pretty old school tho. My/our 1st try at an event is a euro car 550PP TT It could be abused by someone racing a Nissan for example. But as I said in the blurb, why bother? I'm really pleased that GT proves there are still game communities inhabited by decent people who aren't in it for the 'hilarity' of trolling...:rolleyes:
All help, advice and invites are always appreciated.👍 :) I'm also pleasantly surprised there's other noobs discovering GT6 so late in the day (although my stupidity over having an unused steering wheel in the box for literally years after a half hearted attempt to use it with F1'11 seems unsurpassed :boggled: :indiff: :ouch: )

Im in the UK so what time is 8 o clock central in gmt? I'd love to give it a shot although I know it's gonna be a mite painful, especially at first! I suspect I'll be so far out of my depth I'll need water wings or a life jacket! :D

Re flag. I do hope we don't see a rash of shady online racers. I'm pretty old school tho. My/our 1st try at an event is a euro car 550PP TT It could be abused by someone racing a Nissan for example. But as I said in the blurb, why bother? I'm really pleased that GT proves there are still game communities inhabited by decent people who aren't in it for the 'hilarity' of trolling...:rolleyes:
All help, advice and invites are always appreciated.👍 :) I'm also pleasantly surprised there's other noobs discovering GT6 so late in the day (although my stupidity over having an unused steering wheel in the box for literally years after a half hearted attempt to use it with F1'11 seems unsurpassed :boggled: :indiff: :ouch: )
The room starts at 1:00 am GMT. The room is not for everyone though. It is set up more arcade style. 425pp cars with racing soft tires, and most of the guys use SRF.

Fix the bug on the seasonal death valley. It CRASHES when you finish the race and before you are paid.

Death valley is fine for me but the Andalucia seasonal crashes on payout, as with many other people. I reckon this is a problem with Sony's servers. I only play the seasonal races so proper peed off.

Back when 1.21 was out, I was browsing cars and found the Nissan GT-R Proto '05. I thought it was odd that the Interior was: None, but still had the "View Gallery" option. I clicked it and the game hard froze. The PS button would not display the Media Bar and holding it did not bring up the Quit Game menu. Had to actually get up and press the power button, scan the hard drive (SSD so it's fast). Now when I try to select it from the Nissan Dealership menu it hard freezes (talk about prototype *rimshot* :lol:. The Showroom screen displays but the model of the car does not.
gt_r_proto_05.jpg

I updated to 1.22 and it still happens. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Last edited:
It says none because the Proto is one of very few cars which actually has no interior view at all, not even a blacked out one, to reflect the real concept which didn't have one. It's still a Premium though, and I just verified to be sure, gallery view works fine. Sounds like your game data is damaged. :/

20160123_171118.jpg I think my GT6 went to a whole new level of glitches...

20160123_171139.jpg
20160123_171009.jpg

The lag here Is that, there is 2 different cars from two different players but the game think that these 2 players are 1 guy but I cannot see the other person so the result is that both cars are glued togther while driving.

The lag here Is that, there is 2 different cars from two different players but the game think that these 2 players are 1 guy but I cannot see the other person so the result is that both cars are glued togther while driving.

That is indeed a new bug, never seen or heard of anything like it. Usually when 2 drivers cannot see each other in an online race, & are side by side, you just see the cars smashing each up in spectacular fashion!

👍

Sometimes in an online lobby whenever entering the track, the car leaves the pit lane but you stay in the lobby menu, so you can drive around in the main lobby.

I'm not sure about this one being a glitch but I'll report it anyway;

On Suzuka (Presumably as this isn't on Brands Hatch) in the Bentley Speed 8, the brake lights won't show up until you press the brake pedal fully.

Hello

Did you guys got that issues recently ? I got it a lot and it's quite annoying.

from the first post:

P2P (player to player) connection: Players cannot see each other on track. Sometimes, but not always this can be seen in the lobby menu as players appear to be loading for you when you cannot see them. Leads to more issues for others who see both players as the players not seeing each other can be at the same location. One of the oldest issues still plagueing lobbies, only occurs when the host is not set to fixed and connections are between players directly. Influenced by players' connection speed, quality, and often by distance (happens a lot in international lobbies with players from various countries). If the players rejoin this can be fixed at times, but the issue will most likely stay.

Since how long that glitch exist ?

Hello

Did you guys got that issues recently ? I got it a lot and it's quite annoying.

Since how long that glitch exist ?
This has been going on since GT5. It seems to happen to the same people so I think it a problem with their connection.

The Pontiac Trans Am '78 has both front tires clipping through the ground about 3 inches. I have it upgraded with comfort hard tires Full Adjustable suspension kit and a few other mods but it has been this way a few updates ago aswell.

Noticeable in garage, tuning shop and replay modes. Everywhere.

Anyone has the bug for the track maker? I have this problem where I am unable to use it because they stated I don't own GT6... Having address the issue with PSN they told me I didn't use the online function, which is weird because I have been using it all this while... when logging on to GT site I am told to play GT5 and go online so I can link to GT6... So far... talking to PSN doesn't help they assume that I don't have the game even after emailing them photos.. PD doesn't know anything and wont't give a ****.

Do you have any issues logging in to anything on your ps3? The store, anything else?
Make sure there are no outstanding gt6 updates, [don't log into the game, go to the gt6 image in the game menu, press triangle, hit "check for update" in the right menu]
Make sure there are no outstanding system updates on the ps3, [settings, then up 1, system update].
Try again.
Next step is to reinstall the track maker on your tablet or PC, but make sure you completely delete the old one. After you Uninstall, go to your system files-->program files-->find the folder that the gt6 track maker WAS in, and delete it.
Then redownload--reinstall
Make sure your logged into gt6 on your ps3, and that IT is logged into psNetwork, then put your info into the maker again, and try again.

This is just simple IT protocol, and if you actually got the 1 out of 20 people on the phone who actually do their job at SE/PSN, this is what they would have you try.

Another action, after you did all that (if none of it worked), oddly enough is a ton easier. Simply log into PSN from a computer, not your ps3 and go through the process of changing your password. Do that, change your auto fill on your track maker for the new pass, then do the same on your ps3 system.
Once they are all in sync, try again.
Good Luck man^^:gtpflag:

Anyone have the glitch where you are driving (mainly on IA license the last tournament) and all of a sudden the music starts to cut in and out, and the terrain ahead of you isn't loaded, and another thing is that most of the time when you are done with the race the car begins (as the CPU) to do laps around the track. The reason I haven't restarted the game is because I really want to finish this tournament for the money because I am trying to buy the red devil Camaro. This is a problem that has happened many times to me, and has kinda ticked me off :grumpy: so I would love some help.

Back