The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
That sucks man, really hope something gets done about stuff like that if it is indeed the servers. BTW, nice to finally put a voice to the name my good friend. :lol:
Haha thanks dude it's not often I do commentary, hence my constant stuttering. :lol:
But yeah that lag spike was so unfair. Not sure what caused it, but hopefully PD can do something about it.
PS: Bonus points to anyone who recognizes the song playing during the replay! :D

The worst error or glitch I have had is some frame rate issues online, but other than that the game has not crashed, froze, it runs very smoothly for me. 👍

GT6 (or GT5.5) is more or less cut&paste from an early GT5 version which they have tweaked a bit and put in some new cars. Travesty.

Except you know, the entirely new physics with completely different tire and suspension models, the new rendering engine with adaptive tessellation, the new lighting engine, a completely different layout for career mode, new cars, new tracks, redone tracks with day/night/weather, the new course creator that will be out soon... but yeah other than all of that stuff it's totally still the same game.

Except you know, the entirely new physics with completely different tire and suspension models, the new rendering engine with adaptive tessellation, the new lighting engine, a completely different layout for career mode, new cars, new tracks, redone tracks with day/night/weather, the new course creator that will be out soon... but yeah other than all of that stuff it's totally still the same game.

Three weeks work right there.

Found a less serious stockyard bug as posted in the "Major stockyard glitch" thread:

I had put another car in my stockyard to test, and to my surprise it wasn't gone, but had been joined by a Mercedes VGT!

Not much use though as clicking the Merc just makes me exit the garage directly to the main menu. So another sort of bug there.

Not to mention I have lost cars in my Stockyard before, but have never put the Merc VGT in there so that was most odd!

Three weeks work right there.

Let's see you write a functioning calculator in Java. Do you have any idea how many thousands of lines of code it takes to write a physics model? Or how much R&D it takes to gather the numbers? Or how much testing it takes to make sure that the model functions correctly? How about the unimaginable complexities of creating a high-fidelity lighting process. Of course you don't, but you will keep pretending to know what you are talking about.

Anyway, on topic of the thread, the only 'glitch' I have personally encountered was pausing and un pausing the game twice in relatively quick succession lead to the camera jumping out of the cockpit view then slowly panning back in.

The 15th anniversary Lancia Stratos, in photo mode, only have the needle in the tach and speed-o-meter.
No digit at all!! :indiff:
Others gauges are ok.

@sems4arsenal : coud you report this glitch in the first page, it could have very annoying consequences for those who did not backup their save recently:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lost-all-my-cars.292026/

Several players continue to have this error (lost all cars and stars), apparently it is related to a strange "GARG" naming in the car settings (when you click on the A/B/C car sttings). This is NOT the "stockyard glitch" as far as I understand (it happened to players who never used the stockyard at all).

After suspending when finishing the first race in the IA licence championship, i saved and exited GT6. When i ised the PS button and closed the game when that was asked of me, the PS3 reset itself with a few beeps. I went in the game again just to see if thing still worked and it seemed to load fine. But for safety i just abandoned the championship and saved again.

National A series
MR events
Madrid track(1st race)
When you come up on the finish line for lap 1 and the tesla roadster is in front of you, you can see a split second stutter in the game and the Tesla slows down a lot for no apparent reason.

Is test drive in the garage bugged for anyone else? There was no car settings and when I went to change driving aids I would be sent to arcade mode. Going to restart and try again

Mitsubishi Starion Rally car--terrible sound distortion. Sounds very much like listening to music really loud or really cheap, underpowered speakers.

Just had an interesting bug. Just purchased the VW beetle 1200 and changed the wheels, to find that the image did not update, with the selected wheels, the game will then freeze and sound will stop playing. I deleted the car, and now every time I try to buy a car the game lags and music stops playing.

Edit: Game seems to be working now, time will tell.

Last edited:
The Mercedes GT Vision car low beam light above the track and high up in the trees, the high beams even higher. As a few other cars, but it's not my job to test and list them.

Has anyone else noticed the car audio skipping? I've noticed a lot and twice now I've lost all audio(including menu sounds/music), restarting the PS3 will get the audio back, but it isn't a permanent fix. I've never had this problem with any other game on the PS3.

Has anyone else noticed the car audio skipping? I've noticed a lot and twice now I've lost all audio(including menu sounds/music), restarting the PS3 will get the audio back, but it isn't a permanent fix. I've never had this problem with any other game on the PS3.

my game did a similar thing see above, as well as a friend of mine.

Glitches and errors noticed? Got'em right here!
- At the Daytona International track, as you start to head on the sloped turn, the track starts to pixelate and goes black in the distance, as you get closer it goes back to normal.
- AI slows down and lets you win. Yes, I tested this theory and its true.
- In National IB, I've noticed when you enter certain races, the screen blinks black for 2 seconds and then goes back to normal/shows the rolling start screen.
- the scrapyard forgets and deletes vehicles you store in there, but still states it has cars in there on a different screen.
- There's mutant morphed people on some tracks behind the blockades.

Last edited:
Not particularly game-breaking but (from the replays i've watched on my console) the AI's headlights don't actually produce light in replay mode in night races. Quite annoying considering you watch 12 cars drive around a track and only one car has actual vision from their headlights.

I just raced Rome IB class classic exotics, finished first then the damn game froze. Anyone else having this problem?

My game will do that everytime I switch cars or join an online lobby, and it'll just lock up on me and I'll have to restart the game, just to have it do the same thing again, it recently started to happen whenever I even start a single player race, both arcade and career.

Don´t know if mentioned, but the HP indicator on the Veyron does not work. You can see the dial in "0" on the dash... quite odd

Got SL55 AMG as a gift, tried it's top speed and it did 362km/h, hitting rev limiter in top gear (5th). I am pretty sure, this car with it's 490hp can not do 360 in real life :)

Engine sounds are sometime skicking in seconds or even minutes after race start.
My Skyline R32 usually starts without engine sounds, but they come in the first corner (-> when braking and downshifting they come back).
With the standard Corvette C2 Race Car the engine sound was completely gone in a 5 lap race on Willow Springs: it came back in the last(!) lap.
My Viper SRT10 ACR sound is gone completely. Or it's just very, very silent but I don't remember it to be so.

When driving most cars, in the beginning of a race when there are a lot of cars together I can't hear my own engine, but when I break out of the pack I can hear my engine. Even if I go into the pack again I'll still hear it.

Back