The Cadillac CTS-VR Gentleman's Cup Presented by Derek Speare Designs

• Thread starter Jav
  • 809 comments

Wich should be the track for the last race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gents

I know I said I was gonna bail last week and then made it, but this time I really am going to.

I've got a migration plan to complete by 10am tomorrow and it is just not happening at the moment - midnight oil has been ordered and will be burnt :-(

This has been my first experience of hosted/league type racing and it has been brilliant. All I've done on iRacing since joining the tournament is practice, qualify and race in the Gentleman's Cup.

Massive thanks to Jav for the organisation. Congratulations to the little green men who keep winning the damn races - one day I'll get you (probably when your pedals break mid race!).

And finally, good luck to all tonight.

Many thanks to Derek and Jav for organizing this event, and big respect to all you guys that have raced in this series its given me something to look foward to on the weekends.
Good luck to all at Spa and have fun.

Race in 2.5 hours? Also, will we have that pit stop and stuff? I'd really rather the race not extend very long...

Alright server is up early for extended practice time! Password - ardenforest
See you guys there!

Great win Jose.
Pity I couldn't keep it on the road, looking at the results page I had more pace than I thought :ouch:

Congrats to Jose great win:) Congrats to everyone who entered the series:)

Once again Big thanks to Jav and Derek for making the series happen.

Guna be looking forward to the next series cant wait to see what Jav is guna come up with next, I think Spa was a great end to the Gents Caddy Cup and Im glad I could be part of it:tup:

Congratulations Jose, great race. I had a lot of fun in this series, thanks Jav and Derek and all the drivers that participated.

Thanks a lot guys!!! I can't believe I won a race, let alone in the (in)famous Spa! Great race. Mark gave me a really hard time throughout the entire race, creeping up behind me and never staying more than 12 seconds away. I made this (very bad) video of a brief 2-wide in lap 3. My car is the one that nearly spins out in the Eau Rouge.

If anyone wants to make a video of that race, I saved the replay, I just don't know how to put the RPY file on here.

It took me halfway through the race to realize that I wasn't going to make it on 1 stop (from a Meatball on lap 2), and when I started "saving fuel" I actually started going faster! :lol: apparently it's faster to short shift instead of letting the yellow lights come on. I did a 1:27.5 while "saving fuel"

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun race. Wish I could have joined in for the finally.
It was great racing with you all throughout the season.

I'm back in the skip. Maybe I'll see some of you in the races.

Thanks to both Jav and Derek for setting all this up.

It was a fun race. Left, what happened to you? I saw you were in third for a while there and holding your spot.

Jav
Thank you guys for beign a part of this, really enjoyied racing with you! Indeed a true Gentleman's cup! Awesome racing on each and every round! The results from Spa can be seen here:
http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=5904474&custid=68646

A big thank's to Derek Speare for supporting the GTPlanet community! Really appreciate your involvement Derek! You are the man!

I'm happy to be part of a great event! Please PM me the winner's shipping details and I will send the prize immediately. I made a special edition track Boss in Gulf Colors for the event, and I think it's going to be well liked!

HPIM1261.jpg

Cheers and thank you to everyone who participated!

d

Final standings have been updated on post 2.
Congratulations to our champion Joshua Stretch/Nastradamus87!! Well done Josh you really desserve it!
And a big thank you to our friend Derek Speare and Derek Speare Designs for supporting the GTPlanet community and our online racing series!!

You deserve major credit here too for hosting and organizing this, Jav! Let's do a DP league next. ;)

Congrats to Josh. I never stood a chance against his alien-ness.

@Nostradamus87:

Congratulations on your victory! Please send your shipping instructions to my personal email:

derek.speare@ymail.com

and I will send your Track Boss to you immediately. If you get me your address in the next couple of hours, I will have it out today.

Jav organized an outstanding series and many enjoyed it. I'm pleased to have been part of it and look forward to the future with more!

Cheers,

Derek Speare

PS - I tried to PM a message to Nostradamus87 but the inbox was full.

I will say that this series helped me improve my driving and setup skills tremendously. The first and second race I had no idea what most of the setup parts did, so I tried just about everybody's setup. Come the third and fourth race I started tinkering and by the 5th and 6th race I was using my own setups.

Not to mention being a GT5 transfer newbie, I overdrove the car a lot. This series really taught me to be easy in and that allowed for better exits.

Jav and Derek, thanks again for putting this on 👍:gtpflag:

Back