The Cadillac CTS-VR Gentleman's Cup Presented by Derek Speare Designs

• Thread starter Jav
  • 809 comments

Wich should be the track for the last race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find the Caddy is a car that really needs to be looked after, like Eric mentioned it can get beat up fairly easily. I enjoy driving it, still a handful but fun.

I too wonder why 35 people sign up if they had no intention of racing? I think this is a great experience. Perhaps we should send out PM's and see who would recommit to the Series.

Our CESCS league has 60 sign ups in both cars. Obviously most of our tracks only have about 40 grid spaces. I think Daytona (our first race)was the only event that almost filled to capacity. Lately we've been below 30 cars per race. Mostly a huge loss of Mustang drivers for whatever reason. But we hope to fill that back up next season now that it has the NTM.

It might just be me but I've noticed that not many people run the mustang anymore, I've certainly stopped because it is more unpredictable than the original Caddy setup, for me at least, however I've seen a big drop in the GT Challenge too, for whatever reason (possibly track selection).

Are we already to week 5, Watkins Glen? it feels like the series just started

Sorry guys, I was not able to race. The start time is really not optimal for me, so I don't think I'll participate on the races.

Yes! I'll set the server to go online at 20GMT/4PM US EST as ussual! Password: rollercoaster

My replacement loadcells are supposed to get here today, so I will definitely drop in! If I can get the rig up and running in time! I'm in the middle of a move today!

Hope you can make it, Jav!

So, I guess it's decided that the final race is going to be ran on the infamous Spa Francorchamps?

Sorry Jav for not making any races this season. I don't usually sign up for a series and then become a no-show.

My weekends have been really busy.. On top of all that we have the baby coming and have decided to do a lot of construction on the house for expansion purposes.

With the little time I have to get out the "rig," I have been trying to run some laps for GT Academy. I apologize again, and hopefully will be able to catch your next series.

and.. Sorry Darren for not getting back to you on your pm. I hear what you are saying, but will refrain from any comments as I believe the situation has been resolved and everyone has moved forward from there.

Cheers guys, and good luck. It really is an awesome prize that was supplied by Derek Speare. 👍

Sorry Darren for not getting back to you on your pm. I hear what you are saying, but will refrain from any comments as I believe the situation has been resolved and everyone has moved forward from there.

No problem red, it was much ado about nothing really. The very next race we were racing like gentlemen again and all was forgotten. 👍

Darren

love those photo's on your website, particularly the landscapes - do you reckon any of them would stretch to an eyefinity wallpaper?

The OP is correct; we are doing the classic boot configuration, right?

Also, can the server go live at 20:00, qualifying start at 20:45, and the race start at 21:00? I think the start time for the race has slowly been creeping later and later the last few races. Are we starting later to accommodate someone's schedule?

Last edited:
Yes sir! Classic Boot. I don't see why not, we could very well start the race at 21:00 but we need everyone to agree to this as I don't want anyone to miss quali or the race start due to a last minute change. Also, I'll update the standings tonight, still finishing up with a move.
See you guys later tonight on practice!

What times are you guys running, I managed 1 timed lap last night on the chicane boot, with a 1:54, so my guess is 2-3 seconds off for the chicane, and I'd assume you guys are running about 4-5 seconds faster than me anyway

I would prefer to keep the race times as they are.

Roush, I ran a 1:50 but I only ran like 10 laps at the most.

It took me 11 laps to manage 2 timed ones:crazy:
then I tried switching things up.
I went with soft ARB front and rear, stiff shocks and soft rear springs
it's shared in the session, I managed a 1:48.3 on low fuel

Darren

love those photo's on your website, particularly the landscapes - do you reckon any of them would stretch to an eyefinity wallpaper?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the kind words. The images I post on my site are 800 pixels on the long side, some of my cameras are over 5600 pixels on the long side, those are the money makers for me.

The small web pics are for previewing only, as that is my business and money maker, which doesn't bring in boatloads of cash :). Like most businessmen I don't give my product away for free, I am not greedy, just a little needy. :)

Jav
Yes sir! Classic Boot. I don't see why not, we could very well start the race at 21:00 but we need everyone to agree to this as I don't want anyone to miss quali or the race start due to a last minute change. Also, I'll update the standings tonight, still finishing up with a move.
See you guys later tonight on practice!

Oh good. I was getting worried when I thought the times people were posting were with the chicane. :dunce:
Thanks.

I would prefer to keep the race times as they are.

Roush, I ran a 1:50 but I only ran like 10 laps at the most.

If keeping it the same is starting quali at 21:00 and the race at 21:15 then that's no problem. I only bring it up because we started a bit later than that last the last race or two (if I'm recalling correctly - could be wrong) and I need to be across town at 22:30, so I would have to quite mid-race if the start time is delayed.

Darren - I wasn't trying for a subtle freebie (well not much anyway!)

Gents - I'm going to miss tonight - haven't had the practice and got to pick up no.1 son from a party so close to race finish that I'll probably end up diving out with a couple of laps to go. Have a lovely time and I think we should go reverse grid to give Josh and Mark something to think about :-)

One final thought - what do you think about slightly longer, endurance race at Spa for the final? one that requires a pit stop?

Oh good. I was getting worried when I thought the times people were posting were with the chicane. :dunce:
Thanks.
Server is scheduled to go online in abot 64 minutes for 50 minute practice/15 minute quali/45 minute race, I think you'll be alright! Password - rollercoaster
Gents - I'm going to miss tonight - haven't had the practice and got to pick up no.1 son from a party so close to race finish that I'll probably end up diving out with a couple of laps to go. Have a lovely time and I think we should go reverse grid to give Josh and Mark something to think about :-)

One final thought - what do you think about slightly longer, endurance race at Spa for the final? one that requires a pit stop?

Sorry to read you won't make it Richard.
I really like the idea of a longer race at Spa, but to factor a pit stop in we would need to either limit the fuel capacity or go past 1hr, personally I don't like the idea of limiting the fuel load.

Great win Josh, normal service resumed :) nice 2nd Jav great race pace mate. thanks to every body that raced and good luck to every body at Spa :)
Also a special thanks to Jav for all your hard work in this Gents Caddy series its been really fun and a pleasure to race with all you guys.

nice job Josh

man that was insane, I went 15-20 seconds with no internet, and just as the Q bar reached full red, my internet came back.

I think my connection was interfering with my lap times, especially when I ran really decent lap, and I was thinking "that's gonna be an awesome lap", and then it didn't count it!

and Richard, I had nowhere to go but hit you, it was just a racing incident, then I got busted with a speeding penalty. anyway, what happened to you in the esses?

CaddyCupR5.png

Round 5 completed! Results can be seen here:
http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=5856788&custid=68646
That was a good race guys! Congratz to Josh on another great win! Well done dude, your concistency and racecraft paid big again! Had a good scrap there at the start with Simon, we went 2 wide trogh all of the Boot section! Good stuff Simon! Great race, good times guys!

Is it to late to join?
No sir! Feel free to join us for Spa!

Great win Josh, normal service resumed :) nice 2nd Jav great race pace mate. thanks to every body that raced and good luck to every body at Spa :)

Thanks, Mark. The first few laps were great fun. Keeping up with you was surprising considering your practice and qualifying times (especially your practice time :crazy:).

Thanks Richard for keeping your head up throughout the race.

I was trying to take it easy so as not to crash but Jav was pushing hard towards the end so I was under pressure until the last few laps of the race. I was nervous going into the race because I won't be here next week and if Mark got pole and the win both at Watkins and Spa along with one fastest lap he would have beat me by one point :scared:.

got to run now. Good race all.

nice job Josh

man that was insane, I went 15-20 seconds with no internet, and just as the Q bar reached full red, my internet came back.

I think my connection was interfering with my lap times, especially when I ran really decent lap, and I was thinking "that's gonna be an awesome lap", and then it didn't count it!

and Richard, I had nowhere to go but hit you, it was just a racing incident, then I got busted with a speeding penalty. anyway, what happened to you in the esses?

Might fault mate. Span it with just a real amateur yank at the wheel after turning in a touch late.

In the esses I decided that armco might be my friend. It wasn't. Amazingly enough I hit front and back but the car was still drivable. Not sure how that works. I then really finished my race 10 or so laps later in the left hander at the top of the boot.

In summary, I crashed a lot, finished last and in the pits. Disappointed as I've been fairly clean in this series so far. At least I didn't do anything too terminal for anyone else.

Congrats to Josh and thanks, as always, to Jav.

ya, that stuff happens

Jav you might want to check this out from practice when I spun in the boot, pics just don't do justice :lol::lol:

iRacingSim2012-06-1715-26-51-85.jpg

iRacingSim2012-06-1715-35-44-54.jpg

Back