The Cadillac thread

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 367 comments
CT6 shown during Cadillac ad.

Cadillac_TheDaring_NoRegrets_CT6.jpg

Why does it look like it's crying LEDs?

A blown up CTS? Who'da guessed?
But is it blown up in every dimension? All the proportions look exactly the same as the CTS. At least the bigger an Audi gets the longer its roof gets, etc.

I'll be damned if they just can't figure out where to put the badge in the grille. If this current trend continues they'll be mounting it on a ****ing flagpole within 3 years.

Well, the CT6 is apparently getting a twin-turbo V8

Johan de Nysschen
Hi Michael. CT6 is a car that really sets the standard in many respects with regard to advanced new body construction technology. It's a Cadillac, so it stands to reason that it's great to drive, very refined and sophisticated. The lightweight body construction allows us to push the envelope when it comes to powertrain in a way we know that the rest of the industry will follow. This includes a very wide mix of engines, starting with a 2-liter turbo, up to, eventually, a high-performance advanced V-8 turbo.

You tell me who this car competes against?

Logic likely dictates the following:
  • The standard 2.0T that seems to be in everything, fair bet is probably in the Buick GS' 270 BHP version
  • Corporate 3.6L V6 seems like a reasonable entrant, probably good for at least 315 BHP
  • The V-Sport, twin-turbo 3.6L V6 that's good for 420 BHP will probably what they want most people to pick up
The twin-turbo V8 is a bit of a mystery, though. Are they really going to slap two turbos on the LT4? Or will it be an all-new V8, perhaps a resurrection of the Northstar brand?

...In that same AMA, he does also say:

Johan de Nysschen
We will have four-cylinder and six-cylinder diesel engines, but not before 2019.

Which really seems to up the ante given how bad de Nysschen seems to want to take down BMW and Mercedes. It won't have anything to do with the VM Motori unit that was originally destined for the CTS and SRX back in '09, that definitely has its positives, but a clean-sheet design takes a lot of time. Let's hope its worth it.

Does anyone think that the new badge on all the Cadillacs looks like a teddy bear nose?

Hm8cTg1.jpg

XgqTl17.jpg

Well, the CT6 is apparently getting a twin-turbo V8

Logic likely dictates the following:
  • The standard 2.0T that seems to be in everything, fair bet is probably in the Buick GS' 270 BHP version
  • Corporate 3.6L V6 seems like a reasonable entrant, probably good for at least 315 BHP
  • The V-Sport, twin-turbo 3.6L V6 that's good for 420 BHP will probably what they want most people to pick up
The twin-turbo V8 is a bit of a mystery, though. Are they really going to slap two turbos on the LT4? Or will it be an all-new V8, perhaps a resurrection of the Northstar brand?

...In that same AMA, he does also say:

Which really seems to up the ante given how bad de Nysschen seems to want to take down BMW and Mercedes. It won't have anything to do with the VM Motori unit that was originally destined for the CTS and SRX back in '09, that definitely has its positives, but a clean-sheet design takes a lot of time. Let's hope its worth it.

The V8 is supposed to be a new DOHC design. So Northstar resurrection!

As big as a 7-series, lighter than the CTS even with the active-steer rear-wheels, and its got an updated CUE system (thank god). Interesting that its an all-new platform as well, dubbed Omega. Fair bet that's what goes underneath the Buick Avenir if they do it, and maybe a big Chevrolet, too.

Oh, and a new 335 BHP 3.6L V6? For corporate use? About time.

As big as a 7-series, lighter than the CTS even with the active-steer rear-wheels, and its got an updated CUE system (thank god). Interesting that its an all-new platform as well, dubbed Omega. Fair bet that's what goes underneath the Buick Avenir if they do it, and maybe a big Chevrolet, too.

Oh, and a new 335 BHP 3.6L V6? For corporate use? About time.

The 3.6 has been making over 320hp since 2011 or 12. It really wasn't that bad.

The 3.6 has been making over 320hp since 2011 or 12. It really wasn't that bad.

Not that bad, no, but it needed a bit more juice to keep up with the Jones'. The implication before was that it was mostly all-new, and there certainly was room for some top end refinement on the powerband. Hopefully this aids in that.

Those headlight icicles should make it pretty imposing at night in rear views, though. And it does help to differentiate it from the rest of the sedans.

I like it, and the weight is seriously impressive. 👍

You people simply cannot be satisfied and it's driving me up a wall. How bout instead of complaining about everything you design your own damn monstrosity and see how that works out?

I can't believe this thing is lighter than a CTS. Haha.

I disagree about the extended LED below the headlamp, removing it makes the car look dated but it looks fine with it. I just wish we could have one of these turbo V6s (ATS-V, CT6) in Australia.

I think the exterior design is great but I'm not a huge fan of the interior. The wood bothers me. I don't like glossy wood - it looks just like the crappy plastic that American cars suffered with for so long. I want wood that looks like wood - not a glossy finish, but something satin, or even completely bare. Glossy wood belongs on boats.

28-2016-cadillac-ct6-ny-1.jpg

30-2016-cadillac-ct6-ny-1.jpg

God I hope Lincoln doesn't water down the Continental's interior too much. The blue and the shape of the seats is just amazing.

EDIT: And can somebody please photoshop the front grille emblem to properly follow the "2/3 rule"? That emblem is way too high and it drive me nuts. Cadillac has gotten this wrong on every single new car. It needs to be an inch or two lower and I believe this is much more important than the continuity of the crossbars because your eye concentrates on the mass of the emblem, not the crossbars.

Last edited:
EDIT: And can somebody please photoshop the front grille emblem to properly follow the "2/3 rule"? That emblem is way too high and it drive me nuts. Cadillac has gotten this wrong on every single new car. It needs to be an inch or two lower and I believe this is much more important than the continuity of the crossbars because your eye concentrates on the mass of the emblem, not the crossbars.

caddy1_zpsrdeu9bv6.jpg

caddy2_zpsvfnqqrfk.jpg

caddy4_zpsygjq9gsm.jpg

caddy5_zpszrmrci4y.jpg

caddy6_zpssi6by2vv.jpg

Latest Posts

Back