The Cadillac thread

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 367 comments
Eh, it's basically like driving a big sedan, except you're eye to eye with full-size trucks. Once you adjust to the fact that SUVs generally have less overhang in front of the front wheel, parking it isn't much more taxing than a sedan where you'd have to worry about scraping the overhang over the curb.

What are you talking about? Do you think I'm a moron worried about scraping the front? :lol: it's the length of the truck that's the problem. It sticks out into the street lol. You have to do a 12 point turn just to get out of your spot.

What are you talking about? Do you think I'm a moron worried about scraping the front? :lol: it's the length of the truck that's the problem. It sticks out into the street lol. You have to do a 12 point turn just to get out of your spot.

None of this is actually true, though.

Down here it is. People are crazy, and a lot of parking lots you wouldn't even be able to drive through if you came across a lane with those suburbans or longbed bro trucks parked back-to-back.

East of the everglades. That means city, suburbia, and ranches all smashed together.

So true. Learning in a low down sedan sucks. I'm always so scared about scraping the overhand on the curb while parking
Then drive one, regularly. If you can't drive a saloon without being afraid, then you'll always be too afraid to buy something low and sporty.
@Omnis where do you live? Any parking lot I've seen here in America could easily accommodate Suburbans, and longbed trucks.
Try the east coast. Californian roads were designed for big vehicles, roads in older cities certainly weren't, and many are topographically limited.
Don't even get me started on the badge placement. I'm about to blow up Cadillac's design studio for their incompetence.
The badge itself, even. Cadillac didn't need a new logo, they needed to build better, more youthful cars. And for the most part, they've done that brilliantly. If they fixed CUE I'd probably go straight past the Germans and into a Cadillac dealer (not that we get them here).

Then drive one, regularly. If you can't drive a saloon without being afraid, then you'll always be too afraid to buy something low and sporty.

Try the east coast. Californian roads were designed for big vehicles, roads in older cities certainly weren't, and many are topographically limited.
That's why I've chosen to learn in it now, instead of the SUV. I want to be comfortable with it.

I lived in Pennsylvania for a while, in a small town packed with trucks and SUVs. I don't remember parking lot issues there. (Though I was young and don't remember too well.

That's why I've chosen to learn in it now, instead of the SUV. I want to be comfortable with it.
👍 You won't regret it.
I lived in Pennsylvania for a while, in a small town packed with trucks and SUVs. I don't remember parking lot issues there. (Though I was young and don't remember too well.
I grew up in Pittsburgh and watching big lorries try to drive around some areas was just hilarious. There was one intersection where the road was gouged out because every time a bus, coach, or lorry went up this road the back end scraped. A coach even got stuck there once when the back end hit the road and the rear wheels were lifted totally clear of the road. :lol: Big vehicles are much less common there than, say, Indianapolis. It all has to do with the amount of space you have. If the roads are wide, flat, and plentiful, then a huge SUV is fine if you can afford to run it. BUt if you live in a place with lots of tight corners, blind junctions, small spaces, and generally cramped roads (by American standards) then people will buy smaller vehicles, and most people from Pittsburgh with half a brain will tell you that huge vehicles are silly.

The badge itself, even. Cadillac didn't need a new logo, they needed to build better, more youthful cars. And for the most part, they've done that brilliantly. If they fixed CUE I'd probably go straight past the Germans and into a Cadillac dealer (not that we get them here).

My uncle dropped by my Grandfather's house the other day to show off his new CTS, and the first thing I had to check was which badge it had. His had the old one, and I told him he was lucky. He didn't understand, I showed him a picture, and he instantly got it. I get the feeling that, after they styled the Elmraj, they were so in love with what they had done, they had to try to do it on everything else, without thinking how ridiculous it'd look otherwise.

The Cadillac CT8 reportedly cancelled

Jalopnik
Cadillac, the company that told us they were going to go back to being the standard of the world, has given up on the idea of a top-of-the-line flagship car, according to a news report. Blame the SUVs.

It was to be called the Cadillac CT8, a competitor to the Mercedes S-Class and all those other plutocrats’-car-of-choice luxobarges.AutoLine reports its death:

Jalopnik

I absolutely agree with what @Tornado said above. Another issue that Cadillac will run into trying to pry sales away from MB, BMW, and others is brand loyalty. Luxury brands have some of the highest brand loyalty I believe, so Cadillac will have a hard time pulling buyers away from brands.

Last edited:
Well, and it completely undercuts the point of the CT6 almost entirely. Admittedly, while that car is in of itself between segments to some extent, it nevertheless is a quasi-S/7/A8 competitor. Why go even bigger if you don't need to? Particularly when most people who want to drop $100k on a Cadillac would get an Escalade anyway.

how about just make real Cadillac's, starting wit name changes please..... the ct6 would make a good, Deville...

Cadillac Deville "D'Elegance" sounds Luxurious and would look great in cursive on the car..... and in prints....

Problem is that "DeVille" sounds downright ridiculous when compared to an S500 or Genesis G8. It'd be better if Cadillac came up with names, I agree, but it shouldn't be legacy ones. I quite liked the last few concept names, (Ciel, Converj, Elmiraj, Evoq, Imaj, Provoq, etc), I think some of those could work on a production car or two.

Regardless, I think Cadillac could do a lot better when it comes to naming cars than spelling actual words phonetically like a 90s anime.

The 2017 CTS, CTS V-Sport, and CTS-V getting refreshed styling, new features, packages and more ...

Some Highlights:

CTS / CTS V-Sport: New front grille design and rear fascia appearance changes (AWD badge added; replaces “4” badge on rear decklid) / Auto ventilated seat functionality / Cadillac Rear Camera Mirror (not available on base model).

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/04...g-new-features-new-trim-levels-and-much-more/

CTS-V: Rear Camera Mirror / Auto ventilated seats / Morello Fiber Carbon interior trim kit.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/04/2017-cadillac-cts-v-changes-and-updates/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are some websites suggest other changes, like the 'Morello Fiber Carbon interior trim kit' is actually a complete CF dashboard. Also a bigger navigation screen.

The exterior will be smoothed out a little, like the CT6 styling. The front grille update is said to resemble the CT6, more upright and bold. Not sure if the CTS as a whole or just the CTS-V could get the longer LED front lights like in the CT6.

The CF exterior package in the CTS-V will be toned down (hopefully not true).

A lot of people assume that the back of the CTS-V wont change like the regular almost two year old CTS because it only came out a few months ago. But Why not ?

Last edited:
Holden with its HSV range, seriously need to concider selling Cadillacs. At least sell them as HSV V-Series range. Something in that order. Once the Commodore is gone, Holden would clean up.

I still get the feeling that the CT6's Omega chassis will be the trickle-down for the Commodore/SS replacement. It's the right size, the weight change helps fuel economy, and that new V6 will do well for most potential buyers. I think the big question is what they'd do for the higher output options. Assuming that the turbo V6 is on the table, I'd guess that they'd want some kind of V8 option. No idea if the small block would fit or not.

Holden with its HSV range, seriously need to concider selling Cadillacs. At least sell them as HSV V-Series range. Something in that order. Once the Commodore is gone, Holden would clean up.
CTS-V would be a good successor base I think. :drool:

I still get the feeling that the CT6's Omega chassis will be the trickle-down for the Commodore/SS replacement. It's the right size, the weight change helps fuel economy, and that new V6 will do well for most potential buyers. I think the big question is what they'd do for the higher output options. Assuming that the turbo V6 is on the table, I'd guess that they'd want some kind of V8 option. No idea if the small block would fit or not.
I'd go for that. I just hope they have that on the radar.
Holden do have a V6TT for the Gen2 V8 Supercars(known to be "Supercars" from July 1st). They have put a halt on the reveal at the moment. GM Holden said they will only race a car they sell(if they commit to Supercars).

I'm not sure if this fits here, but I spotted this today at Briarwood mall.

WP_20160517_003.jpg
WP_20160517_004.jpg

I wonder what they're testing on the CT6? We've seen production-ready cars for quite a while. Unless this is a V-Sport model?

Back