The Cadillac thread

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 367 comments
Why is it that Cadillac can make nice looking cars but all their SUV/CUV's come out looking like crap?

He's from Pennsylvania...
I shall now leave...

But I do definitely agree with you about the SUVs looking terrible. Honestly the new Escalade's exterior is a step down from the old one's imo.

But I do definitely agree with you about the SUVs looking terrible. Honestly the new Escalade's exterior is a step down from the old one's imo.
I agree. Nice interior (though a bit smaller than you'd expect for such a monstrous thing) but the outside looks amazingly cheap and chintzy. The XT5 isn't pretty but at least it looks fairly expensive.

The front end is atrocious. Like they deliberately set out to make it look as down syndrome-y as possible; even moreso than the Terrain.

Yep. It's medium sized.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

I dunno. He's got a point. Current X3 is almost identical in size to the original X5. Bigger all around than the first two generations of Grand Cherokee, and pretty much the same as the third. It's not too terribly small of a vehicle.

Last edited:
I dunno. He's got a point. Current X3 is almost identical in size to the original X5. Bigger all around than the first two generations of Grand Cherokee, and pretty much the same as the third. It's not too terribly small of a vehicle.
But the 2nd gen SRX is smaller then the 1st gen.

So what's an Accord?
It's pretty damn huge.
It's small. Stop spending so much time in jolly Lilliput England. The x3 is small. The x5 is medium. The suburban is large.
:lol: You just don't get it, do you? You're going to hate me even more in 20 years when I'm still here. This is the place I call home.

Accords didn't start getting bigger than Civics until around 2003. Even then, they are in no way, "pretty damn huge". You're getting a bit ridiculous here.
It's the same size as an E Class and it has more passenger volume than a Ford Taurus. It's longer than an X5 and very nearly as wide. The current Accord is a big car.

Accords didn't start getting bigger than Civics until around 2003. Even then, they are in no way, "pretty damn huge". You're getting a bit ridiculous here.
The wide body export Accord is so large that the last generation was even classified as a full size car.

It's pretty damn huge.

:lol: You just don't get it, do you? You're going to hate me even more in 20 years when I'm still here. This is the place I call home.

So don't get mad when I park my Hummburban on top of your Peel.

So don't get mad when I park my Hummburban on top of your Peel.
Is that what you call the Accent now? Quite frankly, if you could get a Hummer or Suburban down an average English street unscathed then I'd let you do whatever you wanted to my hypothetical Peel.

Is that what you call the Accent now? Quite frankly, if you could get a Hummer or Suburban down an average English street unscathed then I'd let you do whatever you wanted to my hypothetical Peel.
I go to England quite often, and have even seen MLs struggling to not hit anyone on a one way. Getting a Hummer or Suburban would actually most likely be impossible.

Hummburban is any gargantuan SUV that rolleth in AMURICA.

And, come on, guy. I got rid of the Accent.

No. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can drive those huge SUVs. The Ford Expedition is as large as I would feel comfortable driving. The Chevy Suburban is so long it's utterly ridiculous (pause). I don't even know how people park it.

For the record, I drive a Flexus. That is, the ES330 Supercamry. Supple, smooth, and window-creakingly body-flexy over sharp inclines.

The Chevy Suburban is so long it's utterly ridiculous (pause). I don't even know how people park it.

Eh, it's basically like driving a big sedan, except you're eye to eye with full-size trucks. Once you adjust to the fact that SUVs generally have less overhang in front of the front wheel, parking it isn't much more taxing than a sedan where you'd have to worry about scraping the overhang over the curb.

Eh, it's basically like driving a big sedan, except you're eye to eye with full-size trucks. Once you adjust to the fact that SUVs generally have less overhang in front of the front wheel, parking it isn't much more taxing than a sedan where you'd have to worry about scraping the overhang over the curb.
So true. Learning in a low down sedan sucks. I'm always so scared about scraping the overhand on the curb while parking

Back