The Cadillac thread

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by RocZX, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado

It stopped being merely an exception a decade ago.

2. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I honestly never cared for Cadillac. All-time, I've only really liked the CTS-V of the 2000s. I thought the XLR was a pretty cool roadster. On the racing front, I loved the Northstar LMPs of the 2000s as well as the CTS-V race car like in the first Forza Motorsport. Among recent Cadillacs, I admit I like the ATS and the SRX. But again... I have never been much a Cadillac person at all except for the Caddies I made mention of.

3. Tornado

Tornado

Pour one out for the ATS: Cadillac's daring rival to the E46 that debuted two model generations removed from its benchmark.

dice1998 likes this.
  4. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

girabyt3, Minty, Turbo and 5 others like this.
  5. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Hnnnng. I love it. It looks like it’s on the 6th gen Camaro platform and I’m totally okay with that. I can’t make a sense of the scale of this thing because I’m also getting C7 vibes off it. The greenhouse of the aerial front 3/4 view gives it a C7 vibe. Especially at the rear with the quad exhausts at the sides and the taillights with what seem to be vents like the C7..... Can this be the return of the XLR?!

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Reminds me of a NASCAR Supra. :sly:

7. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I personally hope it's less XLR and more Elmiraj, to go fight with the LC500, 8 series, and S Class coupe. I wish Cadillac would actually use the rather brilliant names of its concept cars. Elmiraj, for example, is so much sexier than CT5.

8. Snikle

Snikle

God, I hope that's going to be a production model.

9. Keef

Keef Premium

I highly doubt this is going to be a concept. The body looks production-ready. I think it's a production model, with minor details that will change because of regulations (rear-view mirrors) and it will compete with the Lexus LC and BMW 8 series, etc. I also think this car will be based on the next Camaro chassis, not the current one. The current one is very good, but I think GM is taking the top-down approach and engineering things to be good enough for Cadillac, which ideally will produce platforms to make the lesser brands that much better. This is exactly what they're doing with the XT5 platform currently.

10. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I'm betting on an LA Auto show reveal for whatever this.

11. Latvija27

Latvija27

12. Robin

Robin Premium

Allows you to put a large AND small pen in the centre console storage bin...

Shut up and take my money!

In all seriousness the interior design and functionality is impressive and it's such a pity they don't sell Caddy's here.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Latvija27 likes this.
  13. Latvija27

Latvija27

I think it's great value for money compared to other cars with the same technology.

Robin likes this.
  14. Robin

Robin Premium

I see the new US presidental Cadillac limousine has finally been rolled out. I would have liked to have seen a more edgy representation of the current design language because its a bit conservative but it still looks pretty cool and more imposing than the previous one.

Snikle likes this.
  15. Snikle

Snikle

I like the new Presidential Limo. Cadillacs in general are much better looking now than they were ten years ago, and the new limo follows suit.

16. RocZX

RocZX Premium

2020 Cadillacs will have torque based badging
    Car&Driver

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Sander 001 likes this.
  17. 05XR8

05XR8

Were there any studies showing names like DeVille and Seville, being unfavorable names by consumers? Or were tooling costs too much for Cadillac models with names?

I adapted to the CTS, STS and V Series, but come now...

18. Tornado

Tornado

Is that the sixth or seventh naming scheme in 15 years?

bremics likes this.
  19. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

Torque is a pretty good indicator of engine performance. The problem with it is that it's only a measure of work, which is, by itself, not very helpful. Any car could be badged as "400" if you geared it correctly.

Now if there was only a way to show how quickly that work can be completed. Maybe if you took that work number and divided it by the time it takes to do said work (perhaps with a standardized equation, like TQ x RPM / 5250 to just make something up arbitrarily), you would arrive at something that is more telling of how the engine performs.

:)

20. vrossi

vrossi

Chevelle SS 454 Sport Coupe 425-hp 4-speed (man. 4) in 1971 the model with 2-door hardtop coupe body and V-8 7443 cm3 / 454.2 cui engine size, 242.5 kW / 330 PS / 325 hp (SAE net) of power, 645 Nm / 476 lb-ft of torque.

[​IMG]
    "Chevelle? Too confusing for Europe. Lets call it ...600"

21. Latvija27

Latvija27

22. bremics

bremics

23. Tornado

Tornado

Well I guess they are done with Art and Science then.

bremics likes this.
  24. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

Ooof. Why would they copy that detail behind the rear door from the Honda Accord? It doesn't look good on that car, and it doesn't look good here either. The whole thing gives me Honda vibes. The way the front-side grills are articulated reminds me a lot of the Civic Si/Type R. Not a fan.

bremics likes this.
  25. Robin

Robin Premium

Wow it's lost all of Caddilac-ness. That is disappointing.

Supaboost, VXR and bremics like this.
  26. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I like the overall look. It's really starting to take cues from the Escala concept. Although I agree, the little detail in the C pillar is very odd. I guess it's trying to end the window at the same height as the tall trunk. It would have looked a lot better had it gone with the Escala's design

[​IMG]

RandomCarGuy17, dice1998 and bremics like this.
  27. Keef

Keef Premium

I think it's boring and not unique. Plus, they managed to make it look taller, shorter, and skinnier than the current car. The greenhouse shape gives it very odd proportions. That's a meh from me dawg.

bremics likes this.
  28. Latvija27

Latvija27

29. VXR

VXR

Because the 3-series GT shape was so eye catching..

Supaboost likes this.
  30. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Oof. It looks like it would pull off a Nissan altima badge than a Cadillac. Not sure how we go from the CTS and ATS to this thing.... Guess we'll have to pour one out for the 6mt 2.0t ATS, I've always had a soft spot for.

bremics likes this.