The Cadillac thread

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 367 comments
CT4-V and CT5-V released

2020-cadillac-ct5_100702719_h.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...illac-ct5-v-arrives-as-part-of-split-v-series

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...dillac-ct4-v-arrives-as-ct5-vs-little-brother

This is not the full on CT5-V, but a lower level V producing 355 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque from a twin-turbo 3 liter V6. It has a 10 speed transmission, magnetic ride control dampers from the Corvette and Camaro (but with its own tuning), electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential, and Brembo brakes. It can be RWD or AWD.

The CT4-V produces 320 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque from a new 2.7 liter inline 4 cyl with a twin-scroll turbo.

:lol:

It almost seems like they are deliberately making everything worse than the preceding models to punish people for not buying the ATS and CTS when they had the chance. Less powerful across the board, deliberately less distinctive in shape but fussier in detailing, and more boring drivetrain.

Glad I bought in when I did.

They don't look like Cadillac's at all and look like they belong in a price bracket way below where they sit, absolutely messed up the entire brand now with this new design language.

As much as I love GM for releasing two new sedans, I don't think they will do well considering that A) Everyone is buying SUV's and B) The two cars are not only underwhelming compared to their predecessors, but also pretty much the same car with slightly different look and engines.

But kuddos for make actual cars and not soccer-mom mobiles.

CT4-V and CT5-V released

2020-cadillac-ct5_100702719_h.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...illac-ct5-v-arrives-as-part-of-split-v-series

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...dillac-ct4-v-arrives-as-ct5-vs-little-brother

This is not the full on CT5-V, but a lower level V producing 355 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque from a twin-turbo 3 liter V6. It has a 10 speed transmission, magnetic ride control dampers from the Corvette and Camaro (but with its own tuning), electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential, and Brembo brakes. It can be RWD or AWD.

The CT4-V produces 320 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque from a new 2.7 liter inline 4 cyl with a twin-scroll turbo.
Good lord that is dated. It looks like it came out in 2012...

And a few years later the folks at GM will be scratching their heads, wondering why the CT4 and CT5 still even close to a competitor of BMWs, Audis, or even Jaguars for that matter.

You know what would make these better and fit into the actual V-Series like the A/CTS-V? An Aero/Performance/Track Package or V.R Model with a carbon fiber hood with a scoop, front splitter, side skirts, a couple of air vents, rear diffuser, bigger lip spoiler, blacked out wheels, upgraded suspension and a 150HP increase for the CT4-V and a 200HP increase for the CT5-V. Same thing goes for the CT6-V. The power is kinda there, but it only needs a 50HP increase. But, as they are right now, they look like decent “performance” cars for people that are in need of going to their local Walmart for some Plan-B :lol: :lol:

You know what would make these better and fit into the actual V-Series like the A/CTS-V? An Aero/Performance/Track Package or V.R Model with a carbon fiber hood with a scoop, front splitter, side skirts, a couple of air vents, rear diffuser, bigger lip spoiler, blacked out wheels, upgraded suspension and a 150HP increase for the CT4-V and a 200HP increase for the CT5-V. Same thing goes for the CT6-V. The power is kinda there, but it only needs a 50HP increase. But, as they are right now, they look like decent “performance” cars for people that are in need of going to their local Walmart for some Plan-B :lol: :lol:
So what you’re telling me is these cars need very minimal work done that anyone at home could just throw together? :lol::cheers:

VXR
That is a pair of very dated designs. It looks like it came from the same meeting as the last Cruze and they simply stretched it and added the Cadillac details.

You could pop an Opel or Vauxhall badge on those and no one would be the wiser. They certainly don't scream 'premium'.

Cadillac already had a trim level to compete with the fake M and AMGs. The CT5-V would even get slaughtered by that; and the fake M and AMG cars aren't powered by pickup truck engines.

They did, but have decided to kill V-Sport now, for some reason. And these absolutely would get slaughtered, but obviously they think "Ehh, good enough?"

Nothing special nor anything bad but then neither is the 3serios Q50 or IS, only the C actually looks the part of higher end. Likelihood i'll be a better car then the comp and will sale less then a 1/10th what the competition does.

0% financing might save it.

CT5-V "Blackwing"

2020-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100710515_h.jpg

2020-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100710519_h.jpg

Rumor has it that the cars will use the Blackwing designation Cadillac has applied to its brand-exclusive 4.2-liter twin-turbocharged V-8.

Expect the CT4-V plus to be powered by a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 with more than 400 hp while the CT5-V plus will almost certainly use the aforementioned 4.2-liter twin-turbo V-8 with 500-plus hp. A 10-speed automatic will likely be standard on both, and possibly all-wheel drive too.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124343_2020-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-spy-shots

Nothing smacks of a brand with no sense of direction like a second naming scheme inside a decade!

Last edited:
I personally like alphanumeric naming schemes when they're done well. Once I figure out the pattern, it takes a no time to know where it sits in their lineup.

upload_2019-12-13_18-17-7.png

upload_2019-12-13_18-17-20.png

All their SUVs start with XT, to help you remember, you can think the X stands for extreme meaning off roading, hence SUV (despite the fact they're not for off roading). Then the numbers afterwards represents the size of the car, the bigger the number, the larger and prestigious it is.

I personally find it quite nice. Maybe it's because I like to organize and group things in my mind so it's easier.

The front fascias of those Cadillac CT sedans somehow remind me of the Chevrolet Cruze from over 10 years ago.

Wow, I'm really surprised the new Escalade hasn't made it in here yet. It's not even on Jalopnik which is odd.

Let's just say it's, uhh...bad.

You could remove the badge and stick Range Rover lettering on the hood :indiff:

Kind of a shame as the previous one was very distinctive.

Back