The Captain: Side Story 2 - 4/9/10

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 77 comments
Nice work. I haven't seen a story with the '93 Calsonic GT-R race car in a while.

:lol:How have I missed this story??? at the risk of sounding like a retard, More! more! more!

anyway, i really like this story, even if it is written by a kiwi :lol:

keep up the good work please.

Wow, I've almost forgotten about the story :lol:
I'm on holiday in the US, so can't access my PS2 lol, but my next chapter was about half-done a few months ago, and it's still half-done..

Hi guys, hope some people still remember this story :lol:
I'm basically trying to find people to race with me for my 13th chapter which will see me sending the series up a generation and onto GT5.
So I'm asking here if anyone is able to race at 8PM GMT on this Saturday. It's going to be in SSR5 and 7, and I'm making a fictionalised track out of it (SSR12). Here are the characters and cars needed:
Jean-Claude Dupont: Viktoria's ex before she left for America. He's a snobby arsehole with rich parents. He's French, so his car is likely to be a GT by Citroën. Although if you ask to use an Italian car I might change it so he's half-Italian, half-Swiss.
Probable Cars: Anything Premium, Road Legal and European (e.g. no Zondas).
EDIT: DriftKing is driving as Jean-Claude

Viktoria: Tom's anti-sexist friend. She got interested in cars at a young age as her uncle was a rally driver. She hates the fact that her parents own a Prius. That's probably why her uncle and her dad hate each other). Met Tom in America, but was originally from Switzerland. She's a history teacher at a local school.
Car: TVR Speed 6. Tuned.

Pierre and Michelle: Jean-Claude's 'friends' from when they were at school together. Pierre's stocky and not the brightest. Michelle's like Karate Kyle.
Probable Cars: I'm thinking Maseratis or something similar. If Bentley was in GT5, that would be the perfect match.
One of them is being driven by Zhu8. And if I don't get anyone else in. Then there'll just be one of JC's friends.

Tom: Main character of The Captain. NZ Born, moves to America with father. Had a rallying scene at Yosemite Rally. Crashed on a road race. Recently got back into racing. I.T. and English teacher at the same school as Viktoria. Has an American cousin called David who's a photographer.
Car: Evo T.M.E (magically changed from GT4's Mine's Evo :lol:)

So, I need 4 volunteers who are able to spare about 45 min to an hour at 9:30PM GMT 👍

Last edited:
I'll take the Citroen. I just hope my internet doesn't cut out on me like it did last Saturday.

Thanks 👍
I need to get a few more people on board :lol:

EDIT: My lounge will open at 7PM GMT and will start when I get everyone needed 👍

Last edited:
I'll take TVR :dopey:

Edit: I'll be gone tomorrow at 7 GMT :(. I really wanted to participate though, maybe next time.

Last edited:
Dammit :ouch:
I'm able to make it earlier (but that means waking up at 6am :dopey:)
Is 6PM GMT alright?

No need to change the time, then FOR SURE, I couldn't make it. Here, I still try to come. My mother is forcing me to go to a museum, so I don't no how long I'll be there, I think there is a chance I could make it around 8 PM GMT though, as we're taking a very brief look.

Last edited:
I've actually got a Mine's Evo 6 if you need one, Daniel.

Thanks for the offer. But isn't it Standard? I couldn't do any Phototravel with it. And the quality of the racing pics wouldn't be that great :indiff:

Sure 👍
I've had a quick time trial on SSR5 and try and get your car to around 1:40 (that was a bad lap in a stock GT By Citroen)

Unfortunately, no one showed up for the meet on Saturday :lol:
So I'm hoping some people show up this time :P

Can you reschedule this for 9:30pm GMT on Saturday instead, rounds 7/8/9 of MrMulsanne's TOCA series are taking place at 8pm GMT, and I'm in it.

Back