The case of missing DLC cars ( Collectors Edition ) (please pin)

I called PSN Australia and they were not much help (and very rude to boot). Basically said it's not their problem and you need to contact the store you bought it from.

So I called EB Games and they were much nicer, but not much help either. I basically had to spell out all 18 cars that were supposed to be included and which cars I'm missing. They said the codes were supposed to include all of them, and they don't have a specific code that can unlock those 3 cars by themselves.

So then I re-read the code pamphlets and found that they are supplied by Playstation EU, so I tried the EU website and oddly they have a call and email help section (the AU website only has call option). I just sent them an email and hopefully as with @TypeOne and @a380df it will get resolved.

What an utter and complete 🤬. Buying games used to be as simple as going to the store, plonking down cash and popping the disc in. Nobody does anything right anymore in this business.

I'd just like to thank everyone here for working through this and figuring it out. I bought the Collector's Edition and had the same issue as everyone else, and the pace cars were actually a big factor in my choice to get the most expensive version of the game.

For a couple of weeks I tried Playstation's Twitter account and they did reply quickly, but were basically useless. I stumbled across this thread, and contacted my retailer. They had this to say:

The develeper has now managed to make the code in the box include the items that were left out previously. However, if the code has already been activated, then you unfortunately will need to contact the Playstation support service to get help with retrieving the items by getting a new code.
So, I contacted Playstation EU and while it took a week (they're very slow to reply!), I was granted the Safety Car Pack and I now have the missing cars. I'm still missing the chrome helmet, but I don't care that much about that (although I did pay for it…) so I probably won't chase it up further. Same with the duplicate, unusable cars.

This whole thing has been a bit stupid. Still, I love the game itself.

Thanks again for going through the effort of figuring out how to get the missing cars so others like me can get them too. May your SR stay high!

:gtpflag:

So then I re-read the code pamphlets and found that they are supplied by Playstation EU, so I tried the EU website and oddly they have a call and email help section (the AU website only has call option). I just sent them an email and hopefully as with @TypeOne and @a380df it will get resolved.

I have the same problem, no safety cars, the help section is weird in that it depends what you choose as to whether you get the email option or not, here is a link with an email option:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/subject/4062111/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/contact-form/

I finally got a reply from PS UK support last week and they told me to call to provide more information. I called 0203 538 2665 a few times throughout the day and held on the third time when the wait estimate was down to a speedy 20 min.

There was some sort of discrepancy with the incident number and my info so once corrected I was passed onto account support as he couldn’t deal with the actual issue. Another 15 min wait and the csa was not aware of this problem. I mentioned it was a widespread and issue with the Collectors Edition and the official feedback was to contact support. She asked me to hold and came back on after a few minutes to confirm it was a known issue and it needed to be "escalated to Sony who are in a different building” and she didn’t know if they send out a new code(s) or fix it from their end. She took a note of the codes and told me they came up as “used, but not redeemed”.

I got an email request the next day to send proof of purchase so I uploaded my GameUK invoice and scans of the codes… that was last Thursday and no fix/response yet.

Just as a side rant (extreme 1st world problems)
Bought a PS4 when beta was announced (2016) :)
Beta cancelled :grumpy:
Release date announced (2016) :)
Pre-ordered Collectors Edition :)
Release cancelled :grumpy:
PS4 Pro announced :grumpy:
Release date announced (2017) :)
Pre-ordered Collectors Edition :)
Beta announced (2017) …applied for beta :)
Did not receive beta invite :grumpy:
Received Collectors Edition and box damaged (outer packaging undamaged) :):grumpy:
GameUK sold out (at the time) so kept the now Uncollectable Edition :grumpy:
Supplied voucher codes did not provide all content :grumpy:
Awaiting fix for missing "early access" DLC :grumpy:
Undecided if I actually like the game :indiff:

I definitely, probably, possibly won’t be pre-ordering the next GT release and congratulations if you actually read this far :D

We have to keep plugging away at Sony. I had no email support response from my game retailer, Gamestop. I feel pretty sure that all these issues will be corrected in a future patch from Polyphony.

Honestly, the amount of time I spent trying to fix this ****, I could use to grind credits/mileage to purchase these cars directly. But that would be too easy a defeat. We all paid for this, and we should get what we are paying for.

So I tried calling EB Games again, and this time the staff tried to escalate to their "authority". You know that their solution is? "These 3 cars are already in the game, you just have to pass a certain level to unlock them." :lol: What a joke. Clearly their "authority" has never even played the game or even understood what the point of preorder bonuses is. Conversation went in circles for 30 mins before they gave me an email so this can be further "escalated". Hopefully to someone with an actual brain. EDIT: Got a reply pretty quick, basically just reiterated the stuff said in this thread. Try restoring license. Try calling PSN EU. Useless. I'm not pursuing their end any longer.

So next I tried calling Playstation AU again. This time the guy is much nicer and they got my email from previous day. He just said to send an email with a photo of the voucher codes and Incident ID, which is what I did. Email is support@playstation.com.au for anyone wondering. I will report if this actually goes somewhere. I wrote a HUGE email detailing what cars are supposed to be included, what cars I got, what cars are duplicates and what cars are missing. Also posted what I got from each code, and linked to this thread page 3 so they can see someone got this FIXED and I'm not chasing a fairy butterfly.

Lastly, I also tried to find a direct line to PD/Kaz, The only thing I could find is the recruitment section in Polyphony's website (http://www.polyphony.co.jp/contact/). So I sent an email to that too (addressed to Dr. Kazunori, no less). Worded it as clearly as I could (so if they used google translate it doesn't come out garbled) and basically appealed to Kaz being a longtime GT fan and bought all Collectors Editions from GT5, GT6, GT PSP and now GTS. Asked him to consider patching this issue in the future. Let's see if I get any reply at all.

@Jordan shouldn't this issue deserve a front page mention at least? Or are we too afraid of upsetting PD now that we've built such close ties with them. Because for every 1 person that gets their codes, 99 others will be unaware/not conscientious enough/not persistent enough to deal with this Sony/PSN bureaucratic rubbish. This issue needs as much exposure as they can get. Gaming websites, twitter, facebook, reddit, etcetera et al.

It really is very poor that they haven’t even acknowledged there was a problem with the codes.
£100+ for the collectors edition isn’t small change, so it’s pretty insulting to not get the extras for it.
If this site really does have close ties with PD it should be their duty to follow this up with them, especially as everyone is struggling to get it sorted on their own

Just to clarify from my initial post - emailing Sony EU did indeed get my the cars once I sent them proof of purchase. They (or at least, some people there) seem to be aware of the problem.

IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1772.jpg

@iKenndac could you please post the content of your email (removing your personal details) and include any Sony direct emails or names you received in response?

EDIT: I found my original email!

Here's what I sent to start with:

I recently purchased the Gran Turismo Sport Collector's Edition from a local retailer. Part of the content promised with the Collector's Edition is missing. From research I've done online, this is due to incorrect codes being packaged in the box, and the retailer can't help. A number of other people have had the same issue throughout Europe.

I'm missing the following items:

- Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
- BMW M4 Safety Car
- Racing Helmet - Chrome

From my research online, it looks like this is a known issue and Playstation Customer Support has been able to redeem codes for this missing content for affected users. If you're able to access such content at work, you can see a forum thread of affected users here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-collectors-edition-please-pin.363358/page-3

Notably, on page three a user quotes a Sony support representative who was able to fill in the missing content.

I have tried the other things suggested - restoring my licenses and reinstalling the game - to no effect. Please let me know what you need from me to continue forward. I can send in proof of purchase etc. as required.

The first reply from Playstation EU:

Thanks for your email regarding missing content from your Gran Turismo Sport: Collectors Edition box set.

I note that you have the full entitlement for these cars, but the two vouchers you redeemed onto your account are for the Steelbook Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game, instead of one voucher for the full Collectors Edition. These two vouchers total 18 cars but the two different versions have three cars that match, so you're likely to have 3 duplicate cars instead of the 3 safety cars that you are supposed to get with the Collectors Edition.

So that I can have this issue investigated for you more fully, could you please use the email I will send after this, to upload images of your vouchers, proof of purchase and it would be useful to also see a screen-shot of your GTS garage as well, just to check that you don't already have the content (which I don't think you will have).

To follow up on this case you will need to keep a record of your case reference number, so that you can include it in your email correspondence, or should you need to call. The reference number of your case is: <redacted>.
I dutifully uploaded a photo of my proof of purchase, my GT Sport CE box and redeemed codes, and screenshots of my garage. My reply alongside the upload was:

Thank you for your reply, and you are correct that I have three duplicate cars. I have now uploaded the requested images. I contacted my reseller and they replied with the following:

The develeper has now managed to make the code in the box include the items that were left out previously. However, if the code has already been activated, then you unfortunately will need to contact the Playstation support service to get help with retrieving the items by getting a new code.

A few days later, I got the following reply:

Thanks for your recent contact with PlayStation Support and for your patience.

Just a quick note to let you know that I've redeemed a special voucher code on your account and Safety Car Pack (3 Cars) is now available on your account.

Let us know if you need any more help.

I booted up the game, and there they were. Each reply had a different (and generic, so I doubt it'll actually uniquely identify anyone) name on it, and I only went through the normal Playstation EU email address. It was all very unexceptional.

Last edited:
I think once you get to the stage of providing proof of purchase you’ll probably end up getting to the right support department.
Unfortunately the first advisor never left any detials about the issue on my case. At least the second one did. It’s literally the lottery trying to get support from Sony.

Also turns out the Dynamic theme was actually activated with one of the codes and was already on my account (silly me!)
But im sure it wasn’t on the day and thats why I thought it was missing.
So I’m pretty sure the collectors edition was supposed to come with the theme.

If I got to my Download List on the Playstation Store website, the theme was activated and added alongside everything else when I activated my codes - the datestamp is the same as the rest of the items - so that worked correctly for me, at least.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 9.23.36 AM.png

I've just created a incident ticket via telephone support desk. Got a link via email to upload proof of purchase, voucher codes and screen shots.
Might get somewhere as the chap understood what I was saying about the codes and pack duplicates. Wasn't fobbed off at all, at least not yet.
20171108_195004[2842].jpg

After a bit of two fro email. I replied saying that the issue was that there was no 'Safety Car Pack' Code or one for theme.
I then got a reply saying that the two items had been redeemed against my account.

I finally got the content. After two more email requests for info I had already provided I got one saying they had “redeemed a special voucher code” to give me the Racing Helmet - Chrome, Safety Car Pack and the Dynamic Theme. It’s only listed as helmet and safety car pack so not sure which one came with the dynamic theme, but it’s now available in the settings… 500,000 more credits with the car pack too. If I feel like spending even more time on this I might reload everything to try and remove the three errored duplicates… does that work? Screenshot below lists the three original and two new add-ons.

I really hope I never have to deal with PSUK support again and will not consider buying any “early access” content in the future. I loved the stealth cars with GT5 CE, but definitely not worth it this time round. I would love to know if anyone who received the CE didn’t have this problem with extra content. I find it hard to believe a fix can’t be rolled out for all the CE owners… very disappointing.

Thanks to everyone providing info here and putting in a lot more effort than Sony.

1658oz.jpg

Totally agree… it’s almost as annoying as the missing content. I detailed the problem in several of my emails to PSUK, but no mention of it in any of their responses. I’m considering whether to uninstall/reinstall, but it if doesn’t work or causes other issues I don’t think I would have the patience to contact support again.

Totally agree… it’s almost as annoying as the missing content. I detailed the problem in several of my emails to PSUK, but no mention of it in any of their responses. I’m considering whether to uninstall/reinstall, but it if doesn’t work or causes other issues I don’t think I would have the patience to contact support again.

I tried already, it didn't work. I guess only a patch from PD will help...

I'm still no where near getting the missing code. Spoke to Sony today who said that I have already redeemed the code.. even though they can see on my account there is no safety car pack add on redeemed.

Bunch of amateurs running this. It's a simple code I don't see why it is so difficult to give to a customer?!

Hi everyone, just an update on my part. After 1 week I finally got the Safety Car Pack redeemed for my account. So basically it seems the only way to get this is by calling or emailing Sony EU. Once you explain to them you will get an email to which you can detail the problem + attach screenshot of your codes + picture of proof of purchase. Once this happens it's just a matter of waiting. I see a couple people here also got their cars after 1 week, so wait at least 7 days before calling Sony again to make sure your problem is still being worked on.

For the confirmation I just got an email saying the Safety Car Pack has been redeemed. On the PS4 it's sitting in the transaction list and all you need to do is enter the game and it will automatically be installed. Annoyingly (as has been posted above), you get the M4 in white and AMG in silver. The Collector's Edition screen at the GT website shows them both in orange. Oh well, I'll just have to get them from Mileage Exchange.

The only problem left is the duplicate cars. It is quite annoying. Actually when I first booted up the game these cars don't have the hazard signs on them. I thought I'll keep them for later just in case Sony wants proof of the wrong codes. But on my second boot the hazard signs are already there. Restoring licenses doesn't work and I'm not gonna delete and redownload the whole 20 GB again...

One last thing, does anyone know which stickers specifically are included in the Sticker Pack? The only way to tell I think is to compare stickers between those who have CE and not. I just want to make sure this hasn't been missed as well.

Good luck to everyone trying to get their codes 👍 Really poor form on behalf of PD/Sony to not even acknowledge this problem and leave it to consumers to get their own fix. Also not even a single mention of this on the GTP News page?! At least people deserve a chance to know there is a possible solution.

Europe Collector's here.
Missing the safety car pack and the dynamic theme.
Tried everything and still nothing.
Also yesterday someone just opened his GTS and received the 3 cars woth magic. Without doing anything.

Please Sony/Playstation let us know if you are working on this we need the bonuses!
Belgium same ****

So, finally, after going around the houses I have been given the Saftey Car DLC!!:gtpflag:

Main highlights:
DON'T - go to there Ask Twitter page - they are utterly useless and try to blame the retailer even when you tell them its not their issue.
DO - follow the email template done in a few posts up the page.

Despite a few back and forths I requested it was escalated and within an hour I had a response back to say a special voucher had been redeemed on my account and upon booting up the game I received the three missing cars!

Big shout to iKenndack for providing the email template!

anyone having the issue still with the amazon 3 car pack pre order ? i tried to restore the rights many times still nothing...

2019 and still the same problem - Just bought the Collectors Ed. download version and broken again... I'm pissed...

Back