The central: HOW TO gold all licences, mission challenges and track experiences thread (video guides inside)

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 273 comments
Not trying to brag, but this has been a tradition of mine since the PSOne era:
I have to Gold everything.

View attachment 1299236
View attachment 1299237

View attachment 1299238
View attachment 1299239

View attachment 1299240
View attachment 1299241

View attachment 1299242

View attachment 1299243

View attachment 1299245
This time around, I can't seem to be able to gold S4 despite sinking 3 hours on it...
I will gold it before I head to the final

View attachment 1299246

The secret to gold is:
Patience
Perseverance
Strive for clean Perfection

Be one with the car, don't fight it.
And remove traction control, sometimes it just works against you.

Good luck

Edit:
I enjoy doing the circuit experience,
But I have not tried the Missions yet (only a first few), or coffee breaks or what not.
Oddly, I found S10 relatively easy compared to some others. The green AMG at Nordschleife :-(

I'm almost 63, yet golded all of them, too. There's hope for anybody!

Last edited:
Oddly, I found S10 relatively easy compared to some others. The green AMG at Nordschleife :-(

I'm almost 63, yet golded all of them, too. There's hope for anybody!

Huge respect!

giphy-3d11fb792bb924a84.gif

I gotta ask, how many of you have managed to gold the S10 master test with a Dualsense?

The one with the McLaren F1 in Suzuka.

It feels as if the physics are different on the test compared to the time trial you can do with your own car on Suzuka. Mainly the tyres feeling slippier when accelerating.

I'm 0:00.050 seconds away from the gold time and most of it is because of the esses and Spoon corner. Just can't get them to go smoothly.

I'm only using ABS, no other aids.

Last edited:
Get on those CE's. Now the silver trophies do matter on them. On the quick races the maximum payout is determined by your CE progress on that circuit. Each trophy on each sector adds to the payout. I noticed this on Lake Louise when I ran the CE for simple completion.
Its difficulty pales in comparison to 1998 Sega Rally Championship stage 3.
I ran the Raptor on the pickup truck race, it handled as expected. In fact, it's a bit more forgiving than my truck, but I run the equivalent of CH tires in real life, even in deep snow, and the game provides proper snow tires. I have considered buying a full set of rims and snow tires IRL.
I'm very glad now I took time to gold the Spa CE. That Porsche is something else. Earlier this week folks were getting fed up with me in race C, well, learn the track. It boosted me close to a C S rating.
I don't play the weekly online races very often, but I strive for perfection in single player games. Sometimes it carries over to multiplayer.

Never been a big fan of license tests, but I need all the free cars I can get so with the latest update I'm trying to finish all golds on the S class.

The gold time on Monza S-2 is just brutal. I have gotten my time down to 0.2 seconds off the gold., but it feels like every turn has to be perfect to get the target time, which is especially hard with the sometimes squirrelly F50. I feel like they were too zealous when they modified the times. If I manage to have the patience to keep wasting more time on it, maybe I'll get there.

edit: 1:58.673. I'LL TAKE IT

Last edited:
Never been a big fan of license tests, but I need all the free cars I can get so with the latest update I'm trying to finish all golds on the S class.

The gold time on Monza S-2 is just brutal. I have gotten my time down to 0.2 seconds off the gold., but it feels like every turn has to be perfect to get the target time, which is especially hard with the sometimes squirrelly F50. I feel like they were too zealous when they modified the times. If I manage to have the patience to keep wasting more time on it, maybe I'll get there.

edit: 1:58.673. I'LL TAKE IT
01.58.673 is a VERY impressive time!

Btw.: Added all new licences:

Hey, you're back. I don't know if we've met before but I'm Chris. I'm 32 and I am autistic meaning that I have some special talents, what is your PSN id? I'm struggling on several CE's, missions and licenses. I'll let you know which ones later.

alexpkaz

I just cannot do S-6. I’m struggling to get under 2:11.000 and I just hate everything about the Shelby - handles like a bus

Inertia is very important. Throttle control and not too much steering input. I agree that it's one of the most challenging tests in the game.

The only one that's hindering me is S-10, the Spa one, I always spin out in the start-middle of the track, it is understeery and is sensitive to the wet roads.
I think I used TCS2. Even give TCS5 a whirl.

My time was 3 sec under gold (2.24 somthing) before PD changed things. I'm NOT a fast driver - mid B - and almost 63 years old.

See I normally use TCS set to 4-5, it may be affecting my driving and outcome of the test run. Thanks for giving me some tips though, I needed it.

See I normally use TCS set to 4-5, it may be affecting my driving and outcome of the test run. Thanks for giving me some tips though, I needed it.
For me it’s short shifting and even coasting out of turn 1. Watch the demo and do exactly that line till you hit the white line at the back of the GT S/F grid then you can floor it. Eau Rouge/Raidillion no idea. The demo uses 3rd but I stay in 4th and lose time

Finished getting gold in all licenses yesterday, holy hell it was real hard, especially on the Dual Sense. Put up a video here:

How is it that in one corner you are behind him, and then you overtake him and you are ahead of him for a while? Even if I keep up with the ghost and then I'm behind him for a while, I never overtake him or pass him. And I'm driving without TCS. Like I have the wrong controller.

Edit: S10 at Suzuka

Last edited:
I don't know, it's a mystery. The Maggoire CE is harsh for the lap attack, the gold time of 1'58.700. I did a video run, they made it harder for some reason with the physics change.

How to gold all CE's: (works for driving in Dallas, Houston, and Oklahoma City also).
Mash the gas.
Steer.
Mash the brake (skip this step in Dallas)
Steer.
Stow hunting rifle back in rack. (only in Oklahoma City)
Repeat.

Got Dragon Trail Gardens folded after the Manufacturer's Cup. I was totally shocked. Seaside just was not happening. Got all gold except for 1 lap, that's still silver. It's much better than before, especially with that junk pile of Jaguars I smashed up.

Last edited:
Yeah, Seaside is a bitch to try to get a gold level time on, can't get past the death chicane quick enough, it hurts my time. I always have TCS set at 0-1, but still it is a chore and a challenge trying to get a lap under 1'40.000. Idk what steps I can take to get faster here.

Lift off ever so slightly through the chicane? Worked for me!
Yeah, Seaside is a bitch to try to get a gold level time on, can't get past the death chicane quick enough, it hurts my time. I always have TCS set at 0-1, but still it is a chore and a challenge trying to get a lap under 1'40.000. Idk what steps I can take to get faster here.

Back