THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Oh amazing, didn't see that coming :)
Thanks Noel for believing in my driving even when I'm not on my top.

Hope you arrive soon in Europe, my young friend :) :cheers:

Also I wanted to say, unbelievable round, I think my run on the Ring was one of the best races to get P1 on that and insane run from Hugh with BMW.

edit:
I'll repost this one of the Arta, liked it :P
2021-02-06-19-59-04~3.jpg

and RX7 really bad one I think lol
2021-02-15-01-38-45.jpg

Last edited:
SkeagRacingSchool results in P 1 @nostradavor2 and @RMan72 in P 2 @Thematic P 3 @bjl23 you get “The “Cringle Hood Award”:lol:. Thank you all who participated. There was a lineup that was faster ergo the results:gtpflag:

Next SkeagRacingSchool : Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe 1954. a National A Schwarz League: Nurburgring Nordschleife: Race 3
:lol:
I told those damn AI cars to get the hell out of my way, they didn't listen.

Oh amazing, didn't see that coming :)
Thanks Noel for believing in my driving even when I'm not on my top.

Hope you arrive soon in Europe, my young friend :) :cheers:

Also I wanted to say, unbelievable round, I think my run on the Ring was one of the best races to get P1 on that and insane run from Hugh with BMW.

edit:
I'll repost this one of the Arta, liked it :P
View attachment 991658

and RX7 really bad one I think lol
View attachment 991659

Wow:cheers:

Don't know what happens during the night,but hopefully didn't take the flashlight today to find the " hole " ....
This round was quite interesting for the most of us here ( except for me and " boss" i guess ) and with great results .
@nostradavor2 your mazda seems bada.s.s and fit perfectly to the race among reds ,blacks,white and silvers.
Have a good week guys .

Good thing is that soon I'll be able to create the events so I can get 10th invitational :lol:
I see what you did there Bryce with a Volvo, I hope I find competitive tune tho :boggled:
Regarding my events...So which car do you want to drive on the Ring? :lol::lol:
Also Apricot Hill and street car on No Tune, I can see 99 % that I'll lose my winning flow on NT too:P
I'll try tomorrow the new events because my bobs are currently driving the 24 hrs of Le Mans and if there will be power cut I really won't be happy since this is 2nd try and if I go to pit to save the game I won't have the replay (I don't know what I need 24 hrs replay anyways ) :banghead::lol:

IMG_20210215_082123~2.jpg

My project the last few weeks until I'm allowed a real one :D
View attachment 991755 View attachment 991756 View attachment 991757
You’re going to have tons of fun when you get the real one because I had one for six months. I wanted to tour parts of the Midwest of America so I purchased a used one that had a porta potty propane for cooking and heating and my wife and I had a ball. I had to sell it but I was sorry to see it go! You’re gonna love it that’s for sure I guarantee it. You’ve done a lot of work on that model and I was really impressed with what you have done so far.

If you have bricks spill oil, you likely did not follow instructions. :)

So back to school. Class #50.
51 is a treat! Idea: with standard suspension and differential, it's interesting to see how it responds to the crests (not quite the usual) and the r-strips (pretty standard GT). I only added tyres and "stage 2".

edit: Unusual cooking run, only one lap. I think I will return only when I'm done with the Invitational Challenge. :P
No tune/79.
1:29.688

Attachments

• notune_board.jpg
    notune_board.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6
  • notune_track.jpg
    notune_track.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
If you have bricks spill oil, you likely did not follow instructions. :)

So back to school. Class #50.
51 is a treat! Idea: with standard suspension and differential, it's interesting to see how it responds to the crests (not quite the usual) and the r-strips (pretty standard GT). I only added tyres and "stage 2".

edit: Unusual cooking run, only one lap. I think I will return only when I'm done with the Invitational Challenge. :P
No tune/79.
1:29.688

I did one run with a Mercedes, won the race with the stock car, stock tires, no oil change.. AI is bad on this one, I think my time was over 8.45...
Didn't feel like running anything else after my PS was on for like 25 hours..

I don't feel like Mercedes needs any more power or 5th gear but the car feels little bit loose and brakes are bad, also it understeers to much so early turn in the corner and early braking are must on stock car or you will go to wide... Since Idk anything about tuning I might put on racing suspension (soft or hard don't know) and install racing brakes, change oil and that's it.

I did one run with a Mercedes, won the race with the stock car, stock tires, no oil change.. AI is bad on this one, I think my time was over 8.45...
Didn't feel like running anything else after my PS was on for like 25 hours..

I don't feel like Mercedes needs any more power or 5th gear but the car feels little bit loose and brakes are bad, also it understeers to much so early turn in the corner and early braking are must on stock car or you will go to wide... Since Idk anything about tuning I might put on racing suspension (soft or hard don't know) and install racing brakes, change oil and that's it.

At what point did you take P1?? How many hours cuss I took the P1 at midnight when I went in for tires and gas in the Audi not sure what Audi ?

Last edited:
At what point did you take P1?? How many hours cuss I took the P1 at midnight when I went in for tires and gas in the Audi not sure what Audi ?

It was only a B-Spec race, I saw your video with Audi long time ago. In GT5 I started a new save in 2019 and am still not finished with a game ( races left to do A-Spec 4 hrs Tsukuba, 1000 km Suzuka, 24 hrs Le Mans, 24 hrs Nurburgring and in B-Spec only 24 hrs Nurburgring so am at 97% of gamw progress after 2 years of playing it casually). The problem is amount of grinding you have to do for levels because currently am at lvl 37 A-Spec and 36 B-Spec. Regarding this race, I started on Racing Softs and was on P1 on my 1st lap, when I switched to Racing Medium I was at 5th for a while but after hour or so at P1 again and than then whole race stayed there because AI pits in stupidly due to fatigued drivers. At the end I lapped P2 Audi TDI for 11 laps (last overtake is on vid). Audi is not fastest of the opponents (Pescarolo Hybrid, Bentley Speed 8, BMW v12 and Toyota GT1 are all faster) but obviously has best tyres/fuel economy. I feel it'll take me at least 1 more year to finish this game, I don't know if I love it or hate it.
IMG_20210215_181343~2.jpg

btw sorry for off topic everyone

ev.jpg evolvo_results.jpg
Erazer's Volvo
13th
I was 16th at the beginning of 5th lap.
ev.jpg
Last overtake.

I set the differential to 5,5,5. Susp. isn't default either, but I think the former does more? Cornering was the least of my problems, and that's considering I did spin the car. Once today.

Last edited:
View attachment 991998 View attachment 992001
Erazer's Volvo
13th
I was 16th at the beginning of 5th lap.
View attachment 991998
Last overtake.

I set the differential to 5,5,5. Susp. isn't default either, but I think the former does more? Cornering was the least of my problems, and that's considering I did spin the car. Once today.

Yesterday i was sleeping from 8 o'clock !!!! :lol: arrived at 6.30 ,hope to do some run today.

Dear Saint at this race its a must the use of Nitro ( the only way ) and Erazer did it this way plus he did an " untouchable" time.
They are some fields that you can be at the top 3-5 driving without mercy and smart use of nitro but if you get fast front-runners there's no chance .

Hugh ,we knew about your elegant soul but wasn't expect a Boogieman with a romantic feelings also.
Great work mate and hope to make your dream true on this one.

Am lazy these days or am getting old ? !!!!
Damn , there's also the possibility to happens both :banghead:

Last edited:
Dear Saint at this race its a must the use of Nitro ( the only way ) and Erazer did it this way plus he did an " untouchable" time.
They are some fields that you can be at the top 3-5 driving without mercy and smart use of nitro but if you get fast front-runners there's no chance .
:banghead:
I only ran the first race with just a normal turbocharger. The left turn before the concrete pad and tunnel shows that the car doesn't stay on track at competitive speed, which I'm thinking is mostly because there is not enough downforce.

Last edited:
Back