The Chop Shop

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 220 comments
^^
Those are the same things I am working on too, plus I'm trying to figure out how to do angel eyes...

although -- i dont think either would look good on the stang :dunce:

I thought I'd give it a go for my chop. First ever attempt, although it took me nearly 45 mins.
I tried a few different variations, but settled on a single light.
IMO I think they look pretty good!

Let me know what you think.

Stang1.jpg

Diablo - I also had a little touch on the hood.

Front lip splitter. Now it looks quite 'clean'. 👍

Looking at the pics, I don't think Diablo changed anything on the hood.

Though the other bits Diablo has done are a lot smoother and cleaner.

Nice work Diablo! 👍 :)

The hood still has the blue tint because i didn't fix it, i just pointed it out.

yes, I didn't change anything, but that was the point. I just wanted to do some touch up work in the areas that really needed it.

Thank you :D

I got to thinking when i read that you had wrote you fixed the red hue that was on the pony emblem...i put the grill and fans and emblem on it and i didn't remember it having red anywhere close to it. So i looked at the pic that i posted with the change and its not on there, so i guess it came from something someone was doing to the stripes...?

weird.

I got to thinking when i read that you had wrote you fixed the red hue that was on the pony emblem...i put the grill and fans and emblem on it and i didn't remember it having red anywhere close to it. So i looked at the pic that i posted with the change and its not on there, so i guess it came from something someone was doing to the stripes...?

weird.

It showed up in turbo lag's first update (third picture on the first page). It is quite interesting to think of how it actually got the red hue though.

Is anyone else ready with another chop?

It's been more than 36hrs since the last one, and if there are none ready
I'll put my next one in in about an hours time.

If you do your chop, i'd like to clean up some areas after your done.

EDIT: I just noticed the comment under your other chop. The hood looks better now that you cleaned up the top a little bit. Thank you, you made my job a little easier

What im noticing with the hood is that where it first comes up to the windshield on the cars left side, its a bit too high. In my opinion it needs to come down a little bit more to keep with the curve of the hood.

If you do your chop, i'd like to clean up some areas after your done.

EDIT: I just noticed the comment under your other chop. The hood looks better now that you cleaned up the top a little bit. Thank you, you made my job a little easier

Anytime! If you want to dim the headlights a little, then go for it.

I've just chopped a couple of inches off the roof.

What do you reckon?

Stang1roofchop.jpg

Thanx! 👍

It's just a way of making the car look different to the standard models.
Whatever we do to it will change the overall image and style of the car.

shelbyht8.jpg

I didn't do to much because i can't quite focus on much right now.

- tried to change the hoods color a bit.
- smoothed out the bottom of the bumper (I still think it needs a little work)
- touched up the side of the hood that i was talking about
- very lightly touched up on where the hood meets the window

how come nobody ever did a color change? To tell you the truth after i finally got done with all of the wedding pics i havent even started PS up because of all the hours i had to sit infront of it. Also i have lost some interest in this whole thing of having to wait and wait and all this. But i will still do chops, just not in this fashion. I can't keep up with it this way because of work and all.

Ok, this whole taking turns thing is just too much for me to handle with work and all of the other PS work i have to do with my photog. How about a slight change in the way this works? Heres my idea, everyone that has been posting updates of the pics on here and such finds a car and posts the picture. After everyone that wants to do it has posted the picture of theyre choice then everyone has to pick a car that they did NOT post and chop it. So, what do you guys think about this? I just hate having to wait for the next turn and then im too busy that day if its mine and i have to pass and all this bloody non-sense. This way everyone gets to pick a car and all. And also there needs to be a due date so we aren't waiting forever...maybe 5 days?

Ok sorry for the double post also. I posted that then firefox froze up and i came back in a seen that the post wasn't there and started writing this, then had an idea while i was writing it....:)

let me get this straight, everyone picks a car and posts it, then you will be assigned someone else car to photoshop? (sorry, i just woke up :D)

I'm a bit so so with the idea. I like the thought of everyone doing one photo because it allows every persons creativity to be shown in one big package. If we have a system where you type that you're photoshopping, I think that would work fine. Just make sure that if you type that you are photoshopping, you come up with an end result and don't keep everyone waiting.

Heres my idea, everyone that has been posting updates of the pics on here and such finds a car and posts the picture. After everyone that wants to do it has posted the picture of theyre choice then everyone has to pick a car that they did NOT post and chop it. So, what do you guys think about this? I just hate having to wait for the next turn and then im too busy that day if its mine and i have to pass and all this bloody non-sense. This way everyone gets to pick a car and all. And also there needs to be a due date so we aren't waiting forever...maybe 5 days?

I like the thought of everyone doing one photo because it allows every persons creativity to be shown in one big package.

Great idea Breakpoint, but I still agree with Diablo too.

So why not do both?

If the series car, in this case the Mustang,
is labelled in the pic as the current 'Project Car' anyone browsing
this thread can still post thier chop. See pic below.
The turn based system is definitely gone so if you want to chop you just
need to check for the most recent posts first.

As for the single pic idea with the 5 day deadline, Great, I say start it up. 👍

How about a Photoshop Compo once a month?
(In a new thread if need be.) The entries can be put to the vote on a poll.

Project Car Example!

Example.jpg

Well i was just saying that with the turn based it is getting very old having to wait for someone to chop. What i was suggesting was everyone pic a car and post it. Then everyone can choose what car they want to chop as long as its not the one they posted. Then after the 5 days is up everyone posts. Another thread would be good but there is already a comp thread done by slicks. Although another started wouldn't be bad because he never has time to do any of it. The last comp done has been up in the air without a poll for a long time now, and another one has been started without the other poll even being done...:( Sad thing about that is that i think i did really well with the impala we had to do on it. If anyone one wants to take this and run into another thread and make it then lets go. Or maybe not so many cars? The thread starter/runner will pick the first car and then everyone will chop it, then the winner and the runner up will pick cars for the next event. At this one the 2 cars will be posted and everyone can pick which one they want to do. And then the same thing with the winner and runner up again and again. What about that?

I like that idea breakpoint. Though I think it should go this way:

Someone post a pic of a stock car, and everyone photoshop that car within a deadline, and the ones that is the cleanest and best looking wins.

Back