The Chop Shop

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 220 comments
Agreed.

May I suggest this picture?
Opel-vectra-82-1024.jpg

This picture has A LOT of potential.

WELCOME TO THE PHOTOSHOP COMPETITION. I AM YOUR HOST, SLICKS.

:rolleyes:

Yeah...if you read my post you will see that i stated that slicks does this but it takes him months to complete even one bi-weekly because he is so busy.

:rolleyes:

BUT. What is the point in that? Slicks keeps it together doesn't he? The Chop Shop is a nice, unique idea. I liek it.

EDIT: Starting on the vectra....

No slicks doesn't keep it together. The previous one he did was forever ago and there still isn't a poll for it. Then he started another one with the corvette and never did the poll for the last or hasn't done anything with the current one in weeks. I started on the newest one even though the poll was never done on the previous one (which i really liked my entry on) but after nothing on this one i just stopped working on it.

I like your idea el diablo. Is anyone interested in starting another photoshop weekly deal? I just don't have the time to do the polls and all of that or i would. I have my own business and a family and thats enough for me to handle as is. Come on TL i know you are dying to do it....:)

I like your idea el diablo. Is anyone interested in starting another photoshop weekly deal? I just don't have the time to do the polls and all of that or i would. I have my own business and a family and thats enough for me to handle as is. Come on TL i know you are dying to do it....:)

I think we should put a link to each finished car that also lists the names of people who worked on it.

Bring it on! :)

Unless there are any objections I'm happy to do it!

I like your ideas so far and I'm willing to put them into practice for you. I could get a thread started with links to cars, tutorials, members list & sites. Anything that seems to fit really. I would also be able to run any compos with polls and leaderboard if we get enough interest.

I'm in the process of changing the color of the Opel.
I'll edit this post.
Edit:
I call it, "Gaudy Metallic Red-Orange". Creative, right?
opelvectra02gp9.jpg

Very nice! 👍

I like the colour although it could do with de-saturating slightly.

It's gonna take some ideas to keep the rest of the chop inline with that colour scheme.

I actually have some ideas for that car, but I'm putting them in another chop. Trust me, you'd be very surprized. Unfortunately it would take more than one turn to get it done. Plus if I had, there wouldn't be much left to do.

I desaturated the whole thing because I never saved the PSD. It's in the last post.

Nevermind then I guess. I lowered it and tried to add some rims which came out horrible so i just deleted it now that i also saw you desaturated it

:lol: if you guys want me to do another color scheme I will. The way I made it red and orange highlights also made it kinda bad quality. I might try something simpler if you guys want.
Edit: Here it is, and I saved the PSD, so I could make it any color you guys want. anyone up for bright pink? :D
opelvectra03ra9.jpg

bright pink....meh, no thanks. But you could...well i will do it. It will be funny :)

Bubba Gump Pink:
opelvectra04au7.jpg

Cotton Candy:
opelvectra05kn6.jpg

But seriously, I think someone else should mod it now.
(And if you do, please mod the red one!)

Ok, well i had to do this...also no i didn't even try to make it look good because its a joke.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

opelbg5.jpg

- Lowered the car
- Changed the rims

It still needs a lot of cleanup work around the car from the coloring though

EDIT: May i suggest that we use 400x300 or 500x400 display images in the [ URL= ][ IMG][ /IMG][ /URL] tag because this image is pretty big

Did you have to brush in some of the rims? They have a slight cartoonish feel to them.

Oh no i was just wondering, it must have been a low res image that you got the rims from then. Or actually did the rims come from a picture that there was a sunset or bright sunlight?

Well, i am chopping TL's here then.Well i really did two things but they were a total of maybe 5 mins so thats why i did two. Vinyl and the clouds. If anyone knows what that vinyl is and wants to see some of my street work pm me:sly:

opel3445463rn0-1.jpg

lol, I debated on whether or not to do that to the rims. They were originally off a cien and were a tiny bit tan, so decided to saturate rather than desaturate. I think they look better desaturated though. the vinyl looks great too.

EDIT: If nobody is doing anything, ill give it a go right now. I see some places that need a bit of cleaning.

Back