The Circuit Experiences are way easier now

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 64 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Just finished both Nurburgring CE’s within an hour. The GP circuit in straight golds, and on the nordschleife 4 straight gold sectors, full lap gold in two tries. Struggled on the first carroussel sector though.

This update 1.25 made the cars a lot faster than they were. I’m not saying it is super easy, but it’s probably as easy as it is going to get.

Enjoy the money!

Last edited:
Truth be told, I do think the physics updates are a bit of a shame when it comes to the licenses/CE's. Any challenge present at launch is completely gone as they are all now beatable by seconds without much thought.

Ultimately it's whatever, as I'm not exactly going back to do many of them again except to try and poke my head into some random top 10's here and there, but I have some nice memories of trying to beat that NSX hairpin license or the Deep Forest CE that aren't going to occur to many people anymore because of how easy they have become.

It would be nice if they updated the license times with these changes but even without being a small indie company like PD that is a bit of an ask.

Truth be told, I do think the physics updates are a bit of a shame when it comes to the licenses/CE's. Any challenge present at launch is completely gone as they are all now beatable by seconds without much thought.

Ultimately it's whatever, as I'm not exactly going back to do many of them again except to try and poke my head into some random top 10's here and there, but I have some nice memories of trying to beat that NSX hairpin license or the Deep Forest CE that aren't going to occur to many people anymore because of how easy they have become.

It would be nice if they updated the license times with these changes but even without being a small indie company like PD that is a bit of an ask.
Im with you. Gt becomes more and more easy and arcady. Since when is Gt known as a beginner friendly game? It needs the spirit of part 1-4. when we hit the limit, getting better and not yelling how hard it is until it gets patched easyer.
Gt is in a sad state right now. Couple more of these patches and they can remove the real in the name to only gt7 kinda driving expirience….

Last edited:
I never had an issue with physiks in the game. I finished all licens cafe and missions within 4 days after release. My first thought day one was, finaly Gt becomes a real sim racer. You have to know watcha doing and not floor it like you stole it. It lose its sim charakter more and more…

I never had an issue with physiks in the game. I finished all licens cafe and missions within 4 days after release. My first thought day one was, finaly Gt becomes a real sim racer. You have to know watcha doing and not floor it like you stole it. It lose its sim charakter more and more…
I was hooked when the game came out, the handling was so engaging. Ever since the first handling update (1.13 I think?), the handling got less and less engaging. I wish they left the handling as it was. Even though many people were complaining, I had so much fun with this game. And now, with every handling update, the game kind of becomes another game every time. It’s weird and frustrating.

Just finished both Nurburgring CE’s within an hour. The GP circuit in straight golds, and on the nordschleife 4 straight gold sectors, full lap gold in two tries. Struggled on the first carroussel sector though.

This update 1.25 made the cars a lot faster than they were. I’m not saying it is super easy, but it’s probably as easy as it is going to get.

Enjoy the money!
Lol I still couldn't gold the full sector of Nordschleife

But you must have set a new personal record, right? How far off are you?
I was 6:46:xxx before, I tried yesterday and spun out on the corner just before the finish line at 6:38:xxx so yes maybe an improvement, but still...

Do you have any recommendation on brake balance or anything?

I was 6:46:xxx before, I tried yesterday and spun out on the corner just before the finish line at 6:38:xxx so yes maybe an improvement, but still...

Do you have any recommendation on brake balance or anything?
Oof, that's harsh. I didn't do anything to the brake settings. TC 0, ABS default.

I recommend quite some short shifting, especially from the tighter corners. Don't be afraid of the curbs, the BMW eats them for breakfast now. And take the last corner in 2nd gear.

Oof, that's harsh. I didn't do anything to the brake settings. TC 0, ABS default.

I recommend quite some short shifting, especially from the tighter corners. Don't be afraid of the curbs, the BMW eats them for breakfast now. And take the last corner in 2nd gear.
Really? The curbs kinda made the car unstable for me during yesterday session :lol: Okay I'll try again later today, thanks!

As someone who golded the Nord before any of the updates when the M6 was looser than a....... well, you know, I kinda agree. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, and those who've golded it since the updates that's great for you.

But, what I thought PD could do was when they updated the physics to make the cars easier to drive (which they've done a couple of times now) is add a "platinum" or "diamond" or "whatever" time to all the CEs with even a lower time (with an additional reward of course). This would give those who've already golded any CEs a reason to go back and have at them again.

All that being said, now seems to be the time to go do a handful of them I never bothered to before (which is mostly Toyokos).

Last edited:
Really? The curbs kinda made the car unstable for me during yesterday session :lol: Okay I'll try again later today, thanks!
To be more specific, with this I meant the inside curbs in corners. Exit curbs at full throttle still make you spin out easily.

Maybe instead of retroactively invalidating everyone's previous CE results, PD can put more effort into online time trials so players who want that kind of "difficulty" can compete with other such players on an ever evolving leaderboard.

I was hooked when the game came out, the handling was so engaging. Ever since the first handling update (1.13 I think?), the handling got less and less engaging. I wish they left the handling as it was. Even though many people were complaining, I had so much fun with this game. And now, with every handling update, the game kind of becomes another game every time. It’s weird and frustrating.
I 100% agree for the handling before 1.13 which I loved. Was very disappointed with 1.13 as GT7 seemed to return to GTSport arcady physics. But imo PD has been going the right way after 1.13. Most FR cars, and I'd like to point out 1 MR car as well - the Clio V6 (compare it now with GTS) - feel as they handle finally in a realistic way now.

Back to topic: I Tomahawked so much that I prefer to keep the circuit experiences for later :). Will try some of the licence tests and challenges that reward with new cars tough.

From what I've seen I think it's perfect the way it is now.
After months of frustration I finally golded Nordschleife with 6:37.780 (just -0.020!) and it gave me 5 mil cr. I also completed another 5 I could't gold before.
These 6 gave me enough credits to buy the Jaguar XJ13. At last! I missed driving it since GT5 (and I got the car with a promo code back then)

Maybe now I can finally gold the few I have left:
-Autopolis
-St. Croix
-La Sarthe
-Mount Panorama
-all the ugly Tokyo Expressway
-Colorado Springs
-Fishermans Ranch

Last edited:
I disagree with you. I think it's perfect the way it is now.
After months of frustration I finally golded Nordschleife with 6:37.780 (just -0.20!) and it gave me 5 mil cr. I also completed another 4 I could't gold before.
Maybe now I can finally gold the few I have left:
-St. Croix
-La Sarthe
-Autopolis
-Mount Panorama
-all the ugly Tokyo Expressway
-Colorado Springs
-Fishermans Ranch
With whom are you disagreeing? Congrats on the gold!

I did all these and licenses at launch, but a gold is gold even if you couldn’t get it until now.

You should do it while it lasts. They’ll surely change physics again on a whim to who knows what and even had an update that broke the dirt tire challenges for a bit.

Dragon Trial is still a pain. Took me over 2 hours to gold it all. Most of that time spent on section 3 and the full lap, due to the chacine complex.
Will tr another track tomorrow and see how long it takes me to Gold it all.

The occasional sector (on most Circuit Experiences) has a difficulty spike that takes a decent amount of time to perfect. Full laps tend to be easier as you build up a time buffer. Negating any particularly difficult section.

Nordschleife is not hugely difficult time wise. It’s the concentration needed to nail a full lap, with little scope for different lines. In my very first attempt I was a few tenths off Gold. Then progressively got slower as frustration and mistakes crept in. As ever, some time away, and I beat Gold almost immediately.

The most difficult Circuit Experience to date was one of the rally challenges. Mainly because the jumps & landings where so unpredictable.

I didn't know this.... if you complete the daily marathon doing CE you get 5 and 6 stars roulette tickets!

EDIT: maybe it isn't a fact, but it's fishy that I only got these tickets now. Never got them with daily marathons.
A 6 star ticket after golding the Nordschleife lap + getting 5.000.000 cr
A 5 star ticket after golding a couple of other tracks

Last edited:
You don't, it's just a coincidence if it's happened to you repeatedly.
It's not just because it happened 2 days in a row. It's because I never got 5 or 6 star tickets before with daily marathons. And if it did happen even once with 5 stars, I don't even remember it. If it's not memorable, I highly doubt it happened to me in these 8 months.
To be even more specific, how can it be a coincidence that I got 6 stars the same day I golded the Nordschleife full lap, which also gives you the highest CE payout?

Don't you think it's a little fishy?

Last edited:
Completed a few in the last couple of days, but Laguna Seca still defeats me. The physics changes don’t seem to apply to that damn Viper.

Completed a few in the last couple of days, but Laguna Seca still defeats me. The physics changes don’t seem to apply to that damn Viper.
Back when I did it, it was understeer paradise. It should turn in better now, you’d think.

Today I did LeMans and the remaining Tokoyos... less one. The last one with the Subaru I can't even get close. My best lap is still half a second off. That car's understeer is insane, and of course if you even look at a wall sideways you're DQ'ed. Was able to do two of the Supra ones with relative ease, but the WRX one is killing me. Golds in all of the sectors and a silver for the lap. I'll revisit it again later.

Latest Posts

Back