The Coffee Thread

Wow, this thing's WAY back here. Umm...I have looked at those single cup brewers with the little packets...and...I don't think I'll be getting one 'cause they cost WAY more to start with AND even more in the long run. and they're a bit more wasteful. I mean, for EVERY cup you need a little packet thing and it'd just be easier to get a $30 Mr. Coffee pot and make a full pot and drink that.

A wee update.

saeco-lavazza-a-modo-mio-premium.jpg

Gave the drippy Gaggia back a month ago and bought this, and it's eleven million times better. I swear I'd legally marry it if I could. Only trouble is that I'm now consuming about 3 cups of coffee a day more than usual.

I was surprised to see so many others that did not drink coffee, so I do not either.

Just out of gastronomic view I did try super expensive espressos in fancy restaurants last year. I liked the complexity, but still did not adhere to the basic taste of coffee.

A wee update.

saeco-lavazza-a-modo-mio-premium.jpg

Gave the drippy Gaggia back a month ago and bought this, and it's eleven million times better. I swear I'd legally marry it if I could. Only trouble is that I'm now consuming about 3 cups of coffee a day more than usual.

Hey Hey Hey, Jon you bought one, Im glade you like it, i was just sipping on a cup and remembered this thread and though i will check out whats happing and you bought one.

I hear you about drinking 3cups a day more, im drinking these babies down like no tomorrow, in Australia its winter so i drink a bit more than usual to warm me up lol, well thats the excuse i use :)

What flavour pods you get and what do you like the best?

hey! how'd I miss a thread on COFFEE?!

and why is everybody talking about the exotic crap? the basic stuff is expensive enough!

Id be in the minority that i dont drink coffee. Ive had less than 10 cups of coffee in my life (only had one when i really needed a pick up cause i was literally falling asleep) I do like ice coffee but again its something ive barely had. I just dont like the idea of being addicted to something or relying on it to get through a normal day. I prefer to keep it to something i can use in rare circumstances. I have one coffee and it makes a massive difference, some people need 3 just to function.

I'm like this with most caffeinated drinks, and especially with coffee. I'd say I drink it 4-5 times per year max, and like you, it's only when I have something really important to do and can't stay awake. I've never been a huge fan of substances that get me wired, as the sudden burst of energy usually comes along with nervousness/anxiety for me. I prefer to get my energy from a healthy diet and a good night's sleep.

All Ferrari merchandise has to be pap so it wouldn't be quite a lame if it was F1 helmet

Hey Hey Hey, Jon you bought one, Im glade you like it, i was just sipping on a cup and remembered this thread and though i will check out whats happing and you bought one.

I hear you about drinking 3cups a day more, im drinking these babies down like no tomorrow, in Australia its winter so i drink a bit more than usual to warm me up lol, well thats the excuse i use :)

What flavour pods you get and what do you like the best?

Uhhm well they gave me eight pods of everything in the box, and I've basically had a bit of everything except the decaff ones which still remain unopened :P Then they sent me a box each of Divinamente and Magicamente along with some cups and saucers for free, so I haven't technically bought any yet. My fave is probably the Appasionatamente one or whatever it's called (whichever one the bright red one is), and the one that's half robusta is nice from time to time too. They're all good to be honest :)

It's been a while since I raised the thread. :D

I can't stand coffee straight so my newest flavor of choice is Coffee-Mate Italian Sweet Crème. :drool:

wcitailiansc.gif

So creamer, or additives in general - Yes or no? Seventeen word reports due on my desk by tomorrow morning.

Ergh, creamers?!

Tried one, so didn't work. Useful as a last resort if you haven't got milk for the coffee and the coffee itself was made too strong for your personal taste. But....only as the very last resort for someone like me. The taste just doesn't do anything for me....urgh.

Actually, the only creamer I've ever tried was Coffee-mate, standard. So my opinion is rather biased I guess....

I think, once I get my own place with some land, I want to try and fire-roast coffee...and maybe smoke some beans for roasting...I'll have to blog how that goes...maybe film it.

I wouldn't go through the trouble for just coffee. It's such a pain in the ass to do that when you can get the same result buying whatever variety you're going for.

If you're not pulling your own espresso, you wouldn't really have anything to gain by doing that.

I don't drink coffee, but when I do I drink it black. If I need any caffeine to wake up I just take a pill of it since it's way better and doesn't leave you with that coffee breath

Having said that, I rarely drink coffee — it's mainly to get me through those days that I've had <2 hours of sleep the night before.
Well, that’s changed. My work has a really nice espresso machine and free half ’n’ half, so I’ve taken to making cappuccinos. I have about one per day on weekdays.

I only ever drink coffee as a drink, not as a way to give me energy or to wake me up.

But even so, I'm not big on coffee. It's not because it's bitter, but because they're always made really hot. I like- no I tend to down any beverage that's not flavourless like water, except for alcohol. So if it's hot, I'll obviously burn my tongue and throat. This conflicts with the previous statement and thus ruining the experience of drinking coffee....

As for what I prefer, I'll try anything... Be it as overly-creamy like French Vanilla or as plain as Black.

I tried Coffee for the first time yesterday, I was actually sick.

It probably has something to do with the fact it was me who made it.

I wouldn't go through the trouble for just coffee. It's such a pain in the ass to do that when you can get the same result buying whatever variety you're going for.

If you're not pulling your own espresso, you wouldn't really have anything to gain by doing that.

Not just for coffee...mainly to see how it tastes.

My parents got a coffee maker for their anniversary and I am new to this as i ever drink instant coffee. Are there any tips to make it taste good? I still prefer instant coffee as the ones im making taste bitter and weak :s

My uncle says I have 2 switch the machine off before the water turns light grey but then there doesnt seem to be enough in the mug :s also whats the best way to keep the ground coffee fresh....

whats the best way to keep the ground coffee fresh....
I can't really help you with the rest as my coffee maker works very well (I can reheat it the next morning and it tastes virtually the same) but to keep the coffee grounds fresher longer, put them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Just brewed a pan full of hot, fresh, tasty Columbian motivation enhancement elixir. I'm pretty sure that Ambrosia was actually coffee.

Ohh, thread bump, Love a good medium triple/triple Tim Hortons or I'll use my keurig brewer with Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend...with scramble eggs, toast and bacon...mmmm.

Back