The Crew 2 Closed Beta Begins Today

Code worked fine on my end in the UK for PS4. Gonna let it download through the night to be ready for tomorrow.

I received an email with a beta key, going to check it out tonight. I did all of the betas on the first game but haven't gotten into any of the betas for TC2 until now. Looking forward to it.

Did you send in a bug report. That may help get it resolved faster.

They said it's a flaw in the system coding and are working actively to fix it.
Some are getting to work others not yet.
So I guess I am not in the first half of the list.

Now it says my store is unavailable. :/

Can confirm that I've received a beta email too, and Uplay has the closed beta in my gamelist now.
...And yet all I've had to do was lurk

Well that sucks.
Anyone that has the "This prepaid card can't be redeemed. Please try again later" is Temporarily locked out of beta.

Seems I was lucky enough to get in on this beta as well, I’m not sure how the invitation system works exactly, but well, apparently I’ve got 3 invites to give out on PC, so if anyone wants one do let me know. 👍

So one issue is fixed.
Another one happened.

The people who didn't spam their keys are in.
The people who spammed their keys are not in.

They are trying to resolve the second one.

I got an invite a few hours ago for the PC version, I'm a bit surprised I got picked since I was also in the closed alpha test as well. The alpha ran pretty good on my PC so should be a another good few days playing.

So stupid that I cannot get in due to this error that Ubi did.

Edit: Error is fixed.
Downloading now.
(Good thing too and I can let it go at night)

Last edited:
Seems I was lucky enough to get in on this beta as well, I’m not sure how the invitation system works exactly, but well, apparently I’ve got 3 invites to give out on PC, so if anyone wants one do let me know. 👍

I'd love a code if the offer is still open.

Impressions after an hour and a half or thereabouts of gameplay: I'm enjoying it thus far. I've gone through as much of the street racing as the game will let me, hit the limit on followers and is currently making my way towards a slightly more interesting car than the free Mustang I went for. I have a theory on how changing parts between cars on the fly works, and I want to test it out.

I'd like to think that the handling model, while clearly better than TC1, is something that shouldn't take too long to adapt to. Assuming, of course, you've played arcade racers before and are capable of adapting to anything.

The event payout is fairly alright thus far, however. And that's the lowest tier events we're talking about. Yes, you will need to run them a few times, but.. what'd you expect?

I'm not quite sure why they've seemingly done away with the ability to teleport wherever your heart pleases, but that's apparently how things are for now.

In general, I'm getting quite a lot of if-TDU2-had-a-sensible-handling-model vibes off of this. And that's a good thing.

Edit: ..I've changed my mind as to what this game reminds me of:

..but somehow bigger and better.

Last edited:
I do find that hitting the limit fairly early is kinda a letdown.
Some think it's intentional so they force you to buy the game.

For me.
If I was out roaming around and all that other fun stuff I would want to level up, even if it doesn't carry over.
At lease let us enjoy what is there to offer.

(As I think what it said in beta "There is no limits") yet we hit a limit on leveling up?

Back