The Crew 2 Closed Beta Begins Today

I’ve just downloaded the beta, it’s really low frame rate and stutters constantly. It looks utter garbage. I’m playing on PS4 Pro, I’ve rebooted and turned off boost mode but it’s still awful. Is it like this for everyone?

Update: if I unplug my wheel, T500rs with 599 evo rim, the stuttering goes away. And then crashes the game if I plug it back in.

Last edited:
You know it's time to stop playing TC2 and go to bed when the game disconnects you from the server and refuses to let you back on :lol:

Also I've set up a community thingy on PS4, just in case anyone else hadn't. Go look for it.

The servers are down for me too. This game is a big improvement over the first one, but one big issue that wasn't addressed is online only gameplay. doing story mode missions alone should not require internet connection but yet in the middle of doing one I get kicked to the main screen losing my progress and there is nothing I can do.

Beta has been performing fine for me on a regular PS4 with controller.

The more laid-back festival style of gameplay is far better than the first game.

Physics are quite workable in the cars and seem less dodgy than TC1.

Been enjoying it so far and looks like a good improvement over TC1.

Well I got bored of this after an hour really. Shame.

Also I am not sure about the title, it has nothing but the map to do with the first game, nothing at all.

I liked it but won’t play it that much more anymore because of the rookie progression cap.

Maybe later this weekend I will just do a bit of free roam and that’s about it.

I like the game though, will most likely preorder it.

For me.
I feel that progression was way too fast
As others have said that it only took an hour (give or take) to "level" up, and then it just got boring.

If this beta is a "Stress" test I don't think it was done very good.
As many others said that they would like keep people playing instead of limiting content just for the fun of it.

Leveling up cars are different but I still wonder what is the highest rarity of parts can go, (As of right now I only have seen purple or "Epic" parts)

I am also confused at the speed limits on things. The P51 should easily be able to do 500mph yet it tops out at 160.

The game has been great so far. I have maxed out the progression on the beta and I had fun doing it. The only downsides have been getting used to the wheel controls. I cannot use the wheel when flying a plane so a controller is a must. In addition, the inputs are somewhat delayed when driving, however with this not being a sim, it is something that I can get used to. Overall, great so far.

I think the PS4 version is under maintenance now. Overall though the online portion seems stable. I ran with two people on a curvy road in California for about 10 minutes with no lag and I flew over multiple people at Laguna Seca and saw a fly over as well and everything was smooth.

People really think it's going to take you a couple hours to max out??????

It's a beta.. ya'll can't be serious.

Well given that record on PS4 on a speed trap was 510 mph around like 8 am CT today, I can say that people have maxed out.

Beware, switching to oem wheels from aftermarket wheels with a larger size crashes your game to main menu.

For those one PC with a Nvidia graphics card, make sure to download the latest drivers as they're specifically for the The Crew 2 Beta.

upload_2018-5-31_21-7-11.png

I'm probably going to be controversial here...

But watching TwoAngryGamers on twitch last night as they played it, I came to the conclusion that it's a steaming pile of poo (for me at least).
  • Change from a plane to a car - drop into non-driveable zones (though the reaction was funny as all hell)
  • Loot boxes and crew credits - same pay to progress nonsense that I hated about Crew #1
  • Boats - pull back on left stick, hit the throttle and just go. So mechanic for boats (at least early game) seemed very weak.
  • Planes - rudder move = air drift. Ridiculous.
  • Physics - I'm assuming the best here that they are going to update it. A lot. So many weird things going on around collision and gravity.
Totally a personal opinion, and one that I'm on going to defend if there's a counter view as I'm happy that it's my view!

Anyway, Twitch just saved me a wedge of cash in purchasing a game...

Played it for 10mins, deinstall.

This crap have nothing to do with driving, it´s just flimbos quest.
Poor 101% arcade game for the degenerated YouTube Generation.
But awesome graphics :)

Just did a slow cruise from miami to los angeles in my R34 nismo ztune....god i'm inlove with this game, the graphics blow me away especially when i cruised on the pacific coast highway.

Been watching beta footage on youtube and i'm hyped for this game. :bowdown:

Just one question anyone playing the beta on the standard PS4 how is it?

Performance?
Graphics?

Beta has been performing fine for me on a regular PS4 with controller.

The more laid-back festival style of gameplay is far better than the first game.

Physics are quite workable in the cars and seem less dodgy than TC1.

Been enjoying it so far and looks like a good improvement over TC1.
Agree, same feelings on Xbox One X

Just out of curiosity. What happens to the Crew games once Ubisoft stop supporting the servers? Would you just throw them in the bin? Don't get me wrong, I know they won't anytime soon but in the future...? Same with GT Sport. What happens when the servers go?

Just out of curiosity. What happens to the Crew games once Ubisoft stop supporting the servers? Would you just throw them in the bin? Don't get me wrong, I know they won't anytime soon but in the future...? Same with GT Sport. What happens when the servers go?

Well.. the servers would be down.. and since an online connection is required to play, that'd mean the game would be literally unplayable.. continue that thought on your own.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to say "thank God Ivory Tower realised the photo mode from TC1 was basically perfect and didn't mess with it more than giving the time setting half-hour intervals and adding an option to rewind for a better shot", because it's actually perfect now.

I smell TC2 Photomode and Livery Editor Competitions coming up not too long after June 29.

Loot boxes and crew credits - same pay to progress nonsense that I hated about Crew #1
I've played the beta for about 2 hours or so and saw no mention whatsoever of loot boxes of any kind. I've seen the option to pay with Crew Credits but even accidentally clicking on them never gave me any option to buy any.

And from what I've experiences it's not "pay to progress" at all. Event payouts are more than decent (we only have the first 3 street race events in the Beta and even those pay over 15k for a 2 minute race) and I've already managed to buy 4 or 5 cars in the 2 hours I've been playing.

Been watching beta footage on youtube and i'm hyped for this game. :bowdown:

Just one question anyone playing the beta on the standard PS4 how is it?

Performance?
Graphics?

I am on standard and graphics are good but have severe pop in with objects and even the random spawning of cars and de spawning of cars.

Performance I haven't had any crashes with it or anything.

Back