The Crew 2 Closed Beta Begins Today

loot boxes of any kind

If we're being pedantic, the end-of-race loot + Live Rewards kind of count as loot boxes, but I wouldn't say they're any form of greedy. A bit annoying if you don't get what you're looking for, yes, but once you've got a specific part for *one* Street car, you can swap it between all the others - and the rewards are usually not complete garbage. Whatever way you put it, it's nowhere near as big a they're-trying-to-sell-microtransactions scheme as Payback, to the point where, a few oddball vehicles aside (why is the 458 a Hyper car when the F12 is a Street?), this actually feels like it's been balanced.

Last edited:
I love the game so far.

But there is severe problems with supported wheels. I think it is Beta's problem. I hope they will fix Force Feedback in retail version of the game.

Hi all. I have a code and been playing the beta on Ps4 and have gold edition pre ordered and I spent half of today trying to get on server issues and the other half trying to enjoy it. Now is it just me or anyone else finding the game disappointing and the physics/handling not great? Or just me. I would really like some feedback please on my issues. Also find the sense of speed not great, visually looks good, nice car list, I don’t have the house yet. Also wish I knew what the sliders were doing for controls deadzones etc and the live map is hard to get used to lol. Thanks again.

I am also confused at the speed limits on things. The P51 should easily be able to do 500mph yet it tops out at 160.

Check the racing one. You can fly-test it in PRO Racing HQ. It goes very fast... VERY....

Aerobatics versions are much slower.

Just got a pop-up saying the game will enter maintenance mode in ~30 minutes. Don't say you weren't warned.

Tot
The wheel controls and feedback are terrible (G29 on PS4).

Totally agree rage i have a Xbox One with T150 wheel and Ps4 with g29 and there is no and i mean no force feeback through the wheel even when you turn settings to max the wheel is limp and dead its terrible. Then tried the T150 wheel on Xbox one and all the force feedback is there so not taking the risk buying the game on ps4 on release will get it for xbox. Dont know whats going on

Played the Beta for about 4+ hours yesterday, at first I was ecstatic but as time wore on it felt pointless and empty. There isn't much to do at all once you tried all the disciplines, the whole um Crew thing is even more pointless than it was in the last game. There should have been some sort of focused thread for you to follow like the original gave you, but this one is pretty sparse in that and you simply just do activities in a discipline until you reach the person at the peak of that whole thing. That's pretty tepid and boring if you ask me, Ubisoft should have put in a dedicated chase for the player to go after, at no point did I feel compelled to do anything other than make my car look better and get better performance parts and that got boring after a while. I guess you could chase better cars but I have a feeling this game will suffer exactly how the previous game did. It's just doesn't have a good hook to bring in players in droves.

There are no area factions or AI that are doing their own thing and you have to contend with them as well for position on race teams or anything like that, it's literally like open world without direction. I do like the boat racing and flying those were pretty interesting but lacking law enforcement to contend with we have nothing else besides events to take part in or hunt down some inane photo op. Someone at Ivory Tower forgot how to build an engaging open world, while it looks absolutely beautiful it's pointlessly boring once you get used to driving around and it seems that instance rooms are limited to 7 players from what I noticed any one see a higher upper limit? This game is a pass and buy from the bargain bin. Ubisoft are great at building huge and beautiful open worlds but they aren't so great at making them engaging and worth diving into at great length. This game needs some AI adversaries for the players to contend with, outside of races there is nothing or no one to contend with or interact with. Perhaps some random encounters with NPC asking you to do certain tasks utilizing your vehicle eh? This feels more like an expanded Forza Horizon, minus the hoopla and fun. Also the voice work is so stilted is not even funny, the VA sound like they are reading lines 100% no emotion even when there should be some enthusiasm for what you are doing.

Based on this, the game is not for everyone, you'll have to be someone who likes to make their own enjoyment. If you are used to a game giving you a reason to play, you'll hate this game for sure.

@SavageEvil
The thing is that in their beta "News" they said hours worth of content.
I hit max level and all other things in like 2 hours total. Even available skills.

Also from what some people said on their official forums that it's "Alpha" content for "Beta" and have some worried that it's not completed nor it will be completed before release.

Since the beta has been out over 24 hours.
I will ask.
Will anyone be playing the game after release when playing in beta?

Last edited:
@SavageEvil
The thing is that in their beta "News" they said hours worth of content.
I hit max level and all other things in like 2 hours total. Even available skills.

Also from what some people said on their official forums that it's "Alpha" content for "Beta" and have some worried that it's not completed nor it will be completed before release.

Since the beta has been out over 24 hours.
I will ask.
Will anyone be playing the game after release when playing in beta?

Well we have no idea what build this is from, only those who have been privy to the Alphas and Betas would have any idea, but as far as I'm concerned if this is representative of the final product, I say stay away until they fix some things like the empty world devoid of meaningful things to pursue. There's no urgency or real reason to advance since nearly all vehicles are unlocked through how much money you have, only a select few are locked behind actually advancing in the game and the rest are from gaining fans for performing actions in all vehicles disciplines. This game will get boring quickly, the police chases should be part of the game from the off(this might cause some car manufacturers to bow out) *Honda* I'm looking at you they got a total of 2 cars Type R and the NSX. This game needs a shot of fun, lets add in ability to drive on two wheels and other ridiculous things, also add in something like tunnel vision when you really start cooking at high speed. I do dig the swapping vehicles quickly thing very intuitive to a point, still though something is just missing from this game that could make it the go to game for vehicular fun.

I think Ubisoft should have followed FortNite and went less realistic with everything, different art direction and create your own avatar and an huge emphasis on fun, even if the story doesn't make total sense have something players do by themselves. I think this game would have been better if it was a little less serious overall. I'm already envisioning silly looking avatars with personality, everyone in Crew 2 is boring ASF. Ubisoft is a bit too much on the realism side of things, all their games sport the same look, it's getting a bit boring. I don't do Fortnite but I do dig the Borderlands vibe with the look, it's very user friendly to a great swath of the population of gamers and this is what the Crew 2 desperately needs, players. We already have Horizon 3 for open world Festival type racing antics, Ubisoft could have had something great here. We play games to escape real life and entertain ourselves, this is missing the fun parts of entertaining ourselves. The creepy looking avatars prove it.

Thank goodness the SSR does miracles .. hoping that on PS5 there is another management of reflections further

1527880048-the-crew-r-2-beta-20180601202901.png

1527880053-the-crew-r-2-beta-20180601204601.png

1527880056-the-crew-r-2-beta-20180601203818.png

You know those moments when you think you're playing The Crew 2 but it feels like something completely different?

I'm happy to announce that yes, the gravel roads around Grand Canyon are as good a rally stage as they were in the original. And yes, I've made an approximation of that livery.

Also I am *actually* going to set out on "An Roadtrip" at the end of the hour, in case anyone feels like joining.

doing a livestream, driving miami to seattle if anyone wants to join or watch

It's currently snowing in miami...which is weird.

Edit: this game has an amazing soundtrack with the radio stations.

I just drove for 4 hours taking pictures. Intended to go from LA to the Ski Slope through a fair few places. Only got to San Francisco and just got lost in the massive world around me. It was like nothing else mattered. It was awesome.

I drove around when it was snowing and saw the Grand Canyon in the snow. It's awesome.
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601212042_.png

The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601181549_.png
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601182129_.png
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601204753_.png
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601210835_.png

Flying from los angeles airport to new york airport, i started 30 minutes ago, not even half way there, my plane is averaging 155 mph, my index finger is getting tired from pressing the R2 button, and as i trype this while looking at this ridiculously large map, i am in awe, i'll edit this when i get to new york, cheers.

..I've found another toy for those times when you just don't feel like driving on asphalt roads like all the casual plebs out there. And yes, I've butchered another classic livery in the process:

Proper Group B though. It goes from 0 to 60 in about .3 blinks of an eye, the rear would rather be the front, it looks fantastic and it has one glorious engine note. Can recommend this if your offroad adventures need a little "holy 🤬 this is insanity!!".

This game is fun to just drive around or take pictures in. Such beautiful sceneries.
DenvnHKWkAAEh8U.jpg:large
Deodit9XkAAH_pp.jpg:large
Den3pThWkAAG8BQ.jpg:large
Den4mWIW4AIbN3A.jpg:large
Den5Zh2XkAYLOL_.jpg:large
Den_1QfX4AEiUi3.jpg:large
DeoLXPTWsAAhMCk.jpg:large
DeoU0PoXkAAM3C5.jpg:large
DeoWFrxWAAEqvsA.jpg:large

Last edited:
B8CxqKV.jpg

b7S38sa.jpg

QFDe8al.jpg

Ams85m5.jpg

While it's not GT-levels of ATD, I do like the amount of detail given to the Miata including but not limited to the text on the buttons to the left of the steering wheel (which are in the correct places) and the Mazda command joystick and accompanying buttons. Also eternal blue actually looks like it does in real life

*edit* The game also gives you the option of the BBS wheels only offered as an option on the Club even though this is a Grand Touring MX-5. I like that a lot :lol:

Last edited:
The amount of freedom there is with the scenery is amazing. So far I've landed on and drove around multiple yachts, drove inside the satellites at Pikes Peak and sort of landed a plane on a train (It can probably be done successfully with a helicopter).

Flying from los angeles airport to new york airport, i started 30 minutes ago, not even half way there, my plane is averaging 155 mph, my index finger is getting tired from pressing the R2 button, and as i trype this while looking at this ridiculously large map, i am in awe, i'll edit this when i get to new york, cheers.

I seem to remember the map in the first game "only" being a couple of hundred kilometers from coast to coast (and I think it might actually have been substantially less than that). So they've expanded the scale considerably?

I seem to remember the map in the first game "only" being a couple of hundred kilometers from coast to coast (and I think it might actually have been substantially less than that). So they've expanded the scale considerably?

The ultimate test is get the fastest "Circuit" car and try to replicate "Highway Child" and see if it takes an hour to do still. (If the time has increased the map has expanded)

Edit: there are 9990 ranks. Lots of things there

Last edited:
I've always said that the graphics don't matter. At least not more than the actual gameplay itself. It's a good thing that's solid too, because I'm having too much fun just doing stuff like this:

So, after playing it off and on for the past few days, I can say that it has certainly passed expectations for me, and I'll definitely be picking it up day one.

- One thing that I don't think is mentioned that much is that the UI design for the game feels so much better. The Crew 1 felt really cheap - for a Ubisoft title, it definitely felt strange, as usually Ubi games have pretty solid design language. But The Crew 2 feels much better in this regard. Lots of stripes, white, and bright colors really liven up the game.

- The new weather options are a joy to have, and bring life to a game that generally was pretty set in regards to weather in TC1. The fog settings too are really good as well.

- Was a bit worried that the plane physics might not be up to snuff because I remember that Easy Allies in their preview for TC2 was not exactly hot on them. Thankfully, they are quite good. Maybe a bit more simplistic then maybe GTA V's, which I loved, but it works incredibly well here. Simple enough to be accessible, but deep enough to give you some room to play with. It's not a flight sim, so no need to go overboard I guess.

- Engine sounds are incredibly good on the cars. The Camaro Z/28, which has been my main weapon of choice for crusising and such, sounds really throaty, and you definitely know it's a big, classic American V8. While the TT RS that I started with definitely feels whooshy with the turbo chargers and such. The backfires sound pretty much exactly like gunshots too.

If we're being pedantic, the end-of-race loot + Live Rewards kind of count as loot boxes, but I wouldn't say they're any form of greedy. A bit annoying if you don't get what you're looking for, yes, but once you've got a specific part for *one* Street car, you can swap it between all the others - and the rewards are usually not complete garbage. Whatever way you put it, it's nowhere near as big a they're-trying-to-sell-microtransactions scheme as Payback, to the point where, a few oddball vehicles aside (why is the 458 a Hyper car when the F12 is a Street?), this actually feels like it's been balanced.

How can you swap upgrade items from one car to another? I noticed if you win these loot upgrades with 1 car, you can equip them to another car (of the same division). But once I equip them I have not found a way yet to unequip them and use them by another car.

How can you swap upgrade items from one car to another?

Alright, let's start from the very bottom - have you, on the screen you'd normally go to to equip new parts, clicked on (for instance) brakes and noticed that the left-most option is the stock part for that specific vehicle?

Back