The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
With the icon level "balancing", I would have thought levelling up would be adjusted but nope - We are still being given parts lower that what is currently installed. đź‘Ž

But on the bright side, both new cars are a welcome addition. Both cars sound really good and the KTM has a generous number of body mods. :)
Too bad you can't make it look like the GT4...

Well lots of people are really complaining about the "Balancing" of followers.
There are lots of people saying that why punish the "normal" player because of exploits and macros that have others increase in their followers significantly.

Something needs to be done or the grind just to even 600 (Said by one at current rate would easily be over 4 years of normal time to time playing)

..so they've (kind of) fixed the get-Followers-quick-so-you-can-stop-grinding-and-start-playing-that-little-bit-earlier thing?

I can't say I see the number of Followers needed to rank up has increased. In fact, I can hardly see if it's changed at all. At least that means it's not increased by a significant amount, which, I guess, is something.

Also it's good to see my house still doesn't save which vehicles I put where.

I can't say I see the number of Followers needed to rank up has increased. In fact, I can hardly see if it's changed at all. At least that means it's not increased by a significant amount, which, I guess, is something.
The loot is still messy, rarely ever do I get Epic parts. I managed to get my Z to have Epic, but still that took a bit.

Last edited:
The loot is still messy, rarely ever do I get Epic parts. I managed to get my Z to have Epic, but still that took a bit.
I'm not very worried about getting higher parts at the moment. I've been more busy taking Photo Ops and just exploring the world.

I am suprised about prices for new cars for non season pass players. Both cars doesn't have HIGH unreasonable prices to encourage buying Season Pass. Instead both new cars are in price range of existing cars in the game. And FXXk is actually cheaper than some of Hypercars.

You can now buy the Pre Order cars too, just to let some people know, which is also a good business practice in my eyes.

..so they've (kind of) fixed the get-Followers-quick-so-you-can-stop-grinding-and-start-playing-that-little-bit-earlier thing?

Also it's good to see my house still doesn't save which vehicles I put where.

What level are you at?
Some are saying that once you get to like 200(ish) it significantly increases.
Some saying they will never reach 600 because of how much it takes.

I'm on about 50 hours in the game and now at Icon 300 ish.

I haven't done a 10 run skit on The Accident which would get me 4-5 Icon levels since the new patch came out, but I'll let you guys know if it feels off.

With the icon level "balancing", I would have thought levelling up would be adjusted but nope - We are still being given parts lower that what is currently installed. đź‘Ž

But on the bright side, both new cars are a welcome addition. Both cars sound really good and the KTM has a generous number of body mods. :)
The lower parts than currently installed thing.. they sort of have done a half measure for now which I really dont get, but if you reach max level for a part its now impossible to get anything lower than it, anything below max level still has the annoyingly weird fluctuation, which hopefully gets fixed in the next patch or so, which I really hope it is fixed soon.

I'll agree with you on the new cars too, they are great fun to drive! :D

What level are you at?
Some are saying that once you get to like 200(ish) it significantly increases.

215 after way too many hours. And yes, it has increased to about 11,000 Followers per level (..again, the amount of Followers needed to rank up has increased by 10%, but the most I can get from the Icon Points things is a 7% increase. Yeah, that's balanced, is it?) but it was like that pre-"balancing" as well, hence why I'm not seeing a significant change.

Trust me, I gave up on reaching Icon 999X the moment such a thing was discovered, because that'd take a lifetime and then some. Godspeed to anyone going for that, but I'm getting enough "sense of price and accomplishment" (that sentence never gets old) from just getting to the point where I can max out any Icon Points that can be maxed and say I have a full game in my hands, which I've calculated to be at Icon 675. Happy days, then.

I hoped, that we'll be able to purchase the 911 turbo (season pass exclusive) after the Patch, which we can't. At the moment, the exclusives seem to stay exclusive.

Is there any word on if or when we're going to get the exclusives?

Did I misunderstand the developers saying, that every Player will get the whole content?

I hoped, that we'll be able to purchase the 911 turbo (season pass exclusive) after the Patch, which we can't. At the moment, the exclusives seem to stay exclusive.

Did I misunderstand the developers saying, that every Player will get the whole content?

I believe that 3 season pass exclusives (911, Spitfire and Boat) will remain exclusives. They said that they are exclusive vehicles.

I caved in and purchased this yesterday, initial impressions are that visually it looks way better than the 1st game and the presentation is better, but I've already had issues with objects loading too late for me to react to them causing my races to be ruined. I've also noticed that walls and solid items can be the same colour as (or a similar colour to) the ground which is bad game design for a racer. I also experienced a bizarre issue that occurred twice during my first hour of gameplay; I mis-judged a corner and ran wide and the car ended up in a doorway or a small alleyway losing me lots of time. This never happened in the 1st game but it seems that the 2nd one has some weird geometry on the outside of corners in some areas.

The reason I ran wide on some corner is because I feel like the handling will take a while to get used to. The 1st game had a weird handling model but within an hour I got comfortable with it, in this one I'm over an hour in and still can't seem to figure out when the car is going to start to slide. What is adding to the frustration is that it appears I can't re-bind my controls on PS4 and the manual gears are set to L1 and R1 meaning I can't accelerate and change gear unless I change how I hold the controller. It feels very awkward and the automatic gearbox isn't good enough to make up for it.

To me the map is a straight up downgrade from the previous title, I don't like the new style at all and it seems like you can now fast travel anywhere from the start, is this the case? The lack of activities compared to the 1st game is also disappointing. It feels like they've spent more time on the polish this time round and it shows in places like your house interior and the car models, but I really hope the gameplay hasn't suffered too much. Maybe I just need to play for longer.

Season pass exclusive cars are only for season pass holders,
The other content will be for everyone just that season pass holders get them a week earlier.

Ok, so I got the game on the PS Store sale now. I played the betas so I knew what it was like and how much it would be worth to me - so that sale was really good for me (wouldn't have bought it full price to be honest). I like cruising around the map in this game a lot, way more than in the first game. Normally I'm a huge completionist, but with The Crew 2 I feel like I should just play around in it a bit, not taking it all that seriously. That way I can stomach all the dudebro mentally it's throwing at me...
Usually I just do a street race and then cruise to the next one in my old Fairlady. I don't even upgrade that one, just use it to get places and take all the pictures along the way.

Really, I haven't played a game with dirt bikes since I was a kid playing one dirt bike game at my friend's house. I forgot the name of that game though. All I know is that one arena had a shark tank in the middle of it.
A bit late, but I know exactly what game that was: MX Rider. Really loved it on the PS2. I also went to a friends house to play it until I got it from him in a trade. Can't remember what for though...

full

Went to buy my 11th Hyper car. And since I often head out to buy something when I receive 500k bucks, I'd qualify this acquisition as a success of sorts.

Oh, if anyone here who owns a F12 Berlinetta, is it possible to modify its visuals to make it resemble a F12tdf?

A bit late, but I know exactly what game that was: MX Rider. Really loved it on the PS2. I also went to a friends house to play it until I got it from him in a trade. Can't remember what for though...
Yes! I knew it had MX in the title, thanks! I might go look for that the next time I go to a game store. Well, that or buy on Amazon again.

full

Went to buy my 11th Hyper car. And since I often head out to buy something when I receive 500k bucks, I'd qualify this acquisition as a success of sorts.

Oh, if anyone here who owns a F12 Berlinetta, is it possible to modify its visuals to make it resemble a F12tdf?
I probably got enough for one, I'll let you know when I hop on tomorrow.

Is there customization in this game, if so, how do you access it, do you unlock a certain level.. Thanks

Yes - You have to go to the HQ, walk up to the car you want to customise and when you are close enough, a menu should pop up at the bottom of the screen and you should press the square button to access the customisation feature. Select the visual part tab and you can begin adding aftermarket parts for your vehicles (note: some cars have limited or no customisation at all. It is best to try this out with a street car first.)

See the video below for a visual representation:

So June The crew 2 only had 700K digital downloads across all platforms.
(Said to have really missed it's mark on release)
But a slight up on Digital from the previous The Crew.

So what is everyone's thoughts on about the first full month of play?

Good? Bad?
Gross?
Love it?
Hate it?

My thoughts.
I think it has the potential but the way that "Exploits" and "Macros" are really putting everyone else out to have the more effect of the grindy grindy bit, it just is wrong.

The AI could really use some fixing in some events and with (Like everyone else has said) the lack of PVP makes it like it's not worth it until Christmas (Ish)

As for me TC2 took a back seat to NMS.

Back