The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Did not know that. It's probably the same with the Harley race in Vegas then.

Yup. I already had the 70s Camaro pretty early in my career in this game (my favorite classic muscle series of all time).

I found out some time back when I was doing the event in Hard, drove in with another Street car, saw the message with the car swap, then saw it's MY Camaro.

Thanks to this knowledge I bought a Harley Street Glide, pumped it to 280 and beat the Harley event.. not easy, actually, I suck at riding that bike, especially when I'm so accustomed to my Diavel.

I just tried the Harley race with mine at 241. It was close, but I f'd up the downhill section and ended up (I kid you not) .001 seconds behind the first place guy!

This game has some of the worst voiceovers I've ever heard. The weird little videos that play after key events are full of speeches that mean absolutely nothing. :lol:

"We race to be free, but are we really free if we race on closed streets? People say we're outlaws, but we're really just the woke ones with our eyes in the stars and our feet on the pedals to destiny. If you don't roll with us, you don't understand that we won't take no for an answer when it comes to hitting the road with your soul mate. You need to learn that"

This game has some of the worst voiceovers I've ever heard. The weird little videos that play after key events are full of speeches that mean absolutely nothing. :lol:

"We race to be free, but are we really free if we race on closed streets? People say we're outlaws, but we're really just the woke ones with our eyes in the stars and our feet on the pedals to destiny. If you don't roll with us, you don't understand that we won't take no for an answer when it comes to hitting the road with your soul mate. You need to learn that"

After beating the game, I turned off the subtitles and voices. I never want to hear a word from these characters again.

How in the name of all things holy do you beat the Offroad boss? Im about to throw my ****ing controller through the television, I just cannot keep up with him on the last stretch of the Rally Raid section!

How in the name of all things holy do you beat the Offroad boss? Im about to throw my ****ing controller through the television, I just cannot keep up with him on the last stretch of the Rally Raid section!

Pro tip for those who haven't done the boss race for the Offroad discipline... Make sure you select a bike for your Rally Raid vehicle - it will save you a massive headache. :crazy:

I've started completing events on Hard difficulty, starting with the score-based disciplines since they don't really require the recommended perf level. Drift and Monster Truck were easy enough, but Aerobatics is a pain with how some of the stunts refuse to register properly. The only way I could do it was by skipping through the lists to repeat the most reliable stunts. :irked:

On the flipside, I finished the Air Racing events without the recommended perf level thanks to the time bonus from perfect gate passes, which was cool. :) Those are still probably my favorite events in the game.

It's actually impressive how out of touch the characters and writing are in this game. Muting the voice volume is a must, IMO.

Damn that's pretty embarrassing.

So I bought this game for PC and I've set up Steam to recognise my DS4 as my default controller but for some reason the game decides to ignore this completely. A look through Google/The Crew subreddit comes up blank so I'm just wondering if there's anyone here with any sort of fix?

I think they're pretty good. They express the culture of each discipline.

I noticed that a lot of the live rewards respawn in the same location.
so i looked for a map, and behold, reddit came through.

enjoy

Now i'm gonna grind money, because i want to buy a truckload of cars before september loot update.

What do the different shapes represent? Also is there a method to them spawning or do they just appear at random?

I think they're pretty good. They express the culture of each discipline.

I don't have an issue with the script, but more with how the script is being delivered, particularly during races. I think the Pro Racing boss is the worst at this, but generally the characters' voices lack any sense of action when they are supposed to be talking while driving at insane speeds.

What do the different shapes represent? Also is there a method to them spawning or do they just appear at random?

Don't look at the different symbols, all depict a live reward, apparantly he changed it to better depict the exact location of the reward.
blue
green => should correlate to the live reward value
purple

p78
Don't look at the different symbols, all depict a live reward, apparantly he changed it to better depict the exact location of the reward.
blue
green => should correlate to the live reward value
purple

Great stuff, I'll be hunting some of these down later then 👍

@Ryan81 No one knows for sure yet. Probably will know later this week or the day before it comes out.

Also is anyone willing to help me do the 2 multiplayer trophies,
*Complete and event in crew
*Drive 50 km in a crew

?

I think the Act Like a Game Designer achievement is bugged. I did an event 3 times in a row and didn't register.

August Vehicle Drop:

I think the Act Like a Game Designer achievement is bugged. I did an event 3 times in a row and didn't register.

Have you tried restarting straight after the race ending? (i.e. when you collect you earnings/loot)

I hope future vehicle drops will vary things a little more. Three 2010s Italians and a lightweight that isn't a Caterham...nothing exciting for me, personally. :indiff:

I didn't collect the loot. Is that why?

This is what the official trophy requirement is for.

"All you have to do here is retry the same event three times. After an event is finished, push
Triangle18x18.png
to restart the event. If you go back to free roam, it does not count. You need to restart as the rewards pop on your screen. Also, pressing "Retry" during the race doesn't count either. You may get this whilst going for Drift Like A Tester. If not, just keep restarting the drift event until the trophy pops."

This is what the official trophy requirement is for.

"All you have to do here is retry the same event three times. After an event is finished, push
Triangle18x18.png
to restart the event. If you go back to free roam, it does not count. You need to restart as the rewards pop on your screen. Also, pressing "Retry" during the race doesn't count either. You may get this whilst going for Drift Like A Tester. If not, just keep restarting the drift event until the trophy pops."
I got it now. I guess the first time I do the event it's the initial attempt, then I had to redo it 3 more times.

EDIT:
Anyone have suggestions for Power Boats? I only have the free one from the Pro Racing HQ. It's cool, but I want to build another one up.

Last edited:
Well this is going to be one of those games where Ivory towers need to step up their game or a lot of thing will go wrong.
As now with "Route Creator" for FH4 (Assuming also Multiplayer is already at launch) where does this game go?
More of a downward trend because we don't have proper custom maps and PVP?

A little heads-up for you guys; the Off-Road Expertise bundle is available in game, allowing you to pick up the C3 WRC and Abarth 124 Rally for a discount price. It also includes the Peugeot 3008 DKR for purchase, so if you haven’t reached Icon 300, this is a prime opportunity to get it.

Back