The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Last I remember hearing, the Summit Reward vehicles will remain summit exclusive only. They will cycle around and be rewards again in the future, but when that will happen, I dont know.

Which is just dumb. I don't really understand that. I feel like the number of players who can do well enough or....CHEAT well enough (because that was an IMMEDIATE problem where players were using boats to cheat one of the speed zones somehow) severely outnumbers to player who play the game and...I don't know, awarding only your top small percentage of players in a racing game with exclusive cars is kind of....dumb. I mean, I get that it's an MMO and locking exclusive content behind stupidly exceptional skill is a thing that MMOs do from time to time, but...I don't know. I feel like they tend to give more exclusive skins that add buffs. Like the special Lancer and Focus and Audi were fine. They has exclusive bits attached to them. That's fair, but....a new car? WTF? Not even those of us who bought the stupid, worthless $100 Gold Edition got that kind of exclusivity. I mean, we got some clothes, the game early and new cars were exclusive for a month. That's it. Yeah. I just feel the Gold Edition wasn't really worth the extra money. Especially when all the DLC has been free and this new expansion give exclusive vehicles to a small number of players...forever. That's just....again, dumb.

Which is just dumb. I don't really understand that. I feel like the number of players who can do well enough or....CHEAT well enough (because that was an IMMEDIATE problem where players were using boats to cheat one of the speed zones somehow) severely outnumbers to player who play the game and...I don't know, awarding only your top small percentage of players in a racing game with exclusive cars is kind of....dumb. I mean, I get that it's an MMO and locking exclusive content behind stupidly exceptional skill is a thing that MMOs do from time to time, but...I don't know. I feel like they tend to give more exclusive skins that add buffs. Like the special Lancer and Focus and Audi were fine. They has exclusive bits attached to them. That's fair, but....a new car? WTF? Not even those of us who bought the stupid, worthless $100 Gold Edition got that kind of exclusivity. I mean, we got some clothes, the game early and new cars were exclusive for a month. That's it. Yeah. I just feel the Gold Edition wasn't really worth the extra money. Especially when all the DLC has been free and this new expansion give exclusive vehicles to a small number of players...forever. That's just....again, dumb.

i understand you. I also thought we will get special versions of cars with special upgrades or special colours vinyls and visual parts... But completly new car in Hypercar class and such "demanded" car like Performante is ridiculous :(

I feel like I've said something like this before, but I'll gladly say it again:

If they're keeping things like the Red Fury Evo, Golden Gem A5 and whatever that Focus RX was called (i.e. glorified versions of cars you can already buy, has no significant performance difference and is even in the same class as its standard counterpart) as a Summit exclusive, that's one thing.

Keeping things like the Huracan Performance - which, while arguably a "glorified" version of the Huracan, *has* a significant performance difference and isn't in the same class - as Summit exclusives for all eternity raises concerns, not only in the context of how often a given car will be repeated (and, by extension, when the servers will close) and what happens if someone in the top 3000 already owns one - is that just tough 🤬 or will it pass on to the next player in line - but also in the context of any future vehicles that may or may not be Summit exclusive. Say they added.. uhh.. what's a car literally everyone wants and isn't in the game yet.. the TC2-cars equivalent of Spa in GT Sport.. I'm going to be creative and go with the Honda Civic EK9. Yeah, that works. Say they added the Honda Civic EK9 - and it never left Summit exclusivity. Surely this practice is some sort of "dividing the playerbase". More than the Icon ranks and Season Pass are doing already, of course.

Again, TC1 did this perfectly fine - vehicles could be won in Summits and they were indeed exclusive - for about a month, after which they could be purchased for the in-game economy of your choosing. No limited numbers, no minimum completion requirements of anything. Just.. y'know.. buy it.

Designing a compelling in-game economy and rewards system. It can't possibly be as hard as the industry (read: investors) wants us to think.

Speaking of interesting design choices for the Summits, about the whole is-it-really-cheating-to-use-Air-Race-planes-on-Summit-Speedtraps-clearly-intended-for-cars thing: while I can understand the appeal of trying to get the best score no-holds-barred.. isn't it a bit like bringing *scanning for relevant references* a Vector M12 LM Edition to a race limited to 300bhp? I mean, for crying out loud, when you go to attempt one of these Skills, the game already puts you in a special "lobby" - surely restricting vehicle categories in that lobby isn't that hard either?

I feel like I've said something like this before, but I'll gladly say it again:

If they're keeping things like the Red Fury Evo, Golden Gem A5 and whatever that Focus RX was called (i.e. glorified versions of cars you can already buy, has no significant performance difference and is even in the same class as its standard counterpart) as a Summit exclusive, that's one thing.

Keeping things like the Huracan Performance - which, while arguably a "glorified" version of the Huracan, *has* a significant performance difference and isn't in the same class - as Summit exclusives for all eternity raises concerns, not only in the context of how often a given car will be repeated (and, by extension, when the servers will close) and what happens if someone in the top 3000 already owns one - is that just tough 🤬 or will it pass on to the next player in line - but also in the context of any future vehicles that may or may not be Summit exclusive. Say they added.. uhh.. what's a car literally everyone wants and isn't in the game yet.. the TC2-cars equivalent of Spa in GT Sport.. I'm going to be creative and go with the Honda Civic EK9. Yeah, that works. Say they added the Honda Civic EK9 - and it never left Summit exclusivity. Surely this practice is some sort of "dividing the playerbase". More than the Icon ranks and Season Pass are doing already, of course.

Again, TC1 did this perfectly fine - vehicles could be won in Summits and they were indeed exclusive - for about a month, after which they could be purchased for the in-game economy of your choosing. No limited numbers, no minimum completion requirements of anything. Just.. y'know.. buy it.

Designing a compelling in-game economy and rewards system. It can't possibly be as hard as the industry (read: investors) wants us to think.

Can't agree more. It is just ridicoulous.

Speaking of interesting design choices for the Summits, about the whole is-it-really-cheating-to-use-Air-Race-planes-on-Summit-Speedtraps-clearly-intended-for-cars thing: while I can understand the appeal of trying to get the best score no-holds-barred.. isn't it a bit like bringing *scanning for relevant references* a Vector M12 LM Edition to a race limited to 300bhp? I mean, for crying out loud, when you go to attempt one of these Skills, the game already puts you in a special "lobby" - surely restricting vehicle categories in that lobby isn't that hard either?

using air plane in speed trap is ok in my opinion. It isn't much faster than F1 car, and drag car is even faster.

But i hate those "shortcuts" in events. People going offroad jumping, teleporting back to track in certain moments just to cut some time. I hate it :(

Well I had a cake walk on New York HC Ace.

Let me explain.
Run 1. Pretty much ran into everything within the first 90 seconds of the event.
Restart.
Run 2. Was doing better and then I notice something.
An old familiar glitch back in TC 1 days.
No traffic.
No cars to get in my way.
Finished with 11 minutes ahead on ace.

If only all events were like that.
No traffic spawn.

Well I had a cake walk on New York HC Ace.

Let me explain.
Run 1. Pretty much ran into everything within the first 90 seconds of the event.
Restart.
Run 2. Was doing better and then I notice something.
An old familiar glitch back in TC 1 days.
No traffic.
No cars to get in my way.
Finished with 11 minutes ahead on ace.

If only all events were like that.
No traffic spawn.
I still don't get why it's only the Hypercar races that have traffic.

I still don't get why it's only the Hypercar races that have traffic.

I know. the very first time I ran on Ace I was hitting cars left and right and good thing the AI messes up so I did win but still.

Edit:
At lease the bundle for this week is on the cheaper side than what I was figuring. :lol:
Only would have to do New York once more and change to get it.

Last edited:
It seems the Frauscher Demon is the best boat to use for that. Just keep trying and avoid the rocks as much as possible.

Speaking of this week's Summit, I've actually done pretty darn good this time. Got over 100k in everything except for the Escape. Maybe this time I'll keep Premium, although I don't really care for the fancy smoke show :)

(because that was an IMMEDIATE problem where players were using boats to cheat one of the speed zones somehow)
It's an older glitch, but here's how it goes:
  • Set the boat's weight distribution all the way forward
  • Switch to a plane and fly up high
  • Switch to the boat and hold forwards on the left stick
  • Sit back and watch as your boat rapidly accelerates to 400 MPH

In my way to help with cheating is that
A. In skills that are intended for Cars/Boats/Planes you choose one from your list and then once you start you cannot change.
B. For shortcut ones is that every time you use the "Back On Track" you should be penalized by say 5 seconds or 10.

I haven't cheated at all but with the top few hundred are like x5 faster than me and I have an almost max car is kinda well yea...

I've been enjoying this game more than FH4. Some car sounds are damn good.

Finally bought me the F40. :D

I really hope they bring more expansions and cars to it. It works very well and its pretty underrated as a game right now imho.

Looks like it's going to be "Free" weekend again.
Under patch notes for today said preparing for the upcoming free weekend.

@diegorborges -- I finally got to try FH4. It's cool, but to sum up the handling and gameplay in a few words, "yup, it's a Forza (Horizon) game." And the map is an improvement on the previous entries, but it's still so limited in scope and variety.

I didn't really get enough time to make a very fair comparison, but I have been quite pleased with The Crew 2 lately. While the handling is far from perfect, it is very solid now and helps to make good on the game's potential, which dwarfs what FH4 can offer with its map. There's a good amount of stuff to do, a large area to stretch out in between that stuff, and more content on the way...I agree it's underrated.

Cool ended up in 136th for last weeks event arrrghhaa not a fan of this weeks I means whats with that drift race lol took awhile to get my head around it.

OH MY GOD... Street Race in Drift car is so annoying xC i barely managed to end it on 1st place with AI...

EDIT:

I want this in rallycross class xD

2019-lamborghini-huracan-sterrato-concept-7.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GOD... Street Race in Drift car is so annoying xC i barely managed to end it on 1st place with AI...

EDIT:

I want this in rallycross class xD

2019-lamborghini-huracan-sterrato-concept-7.jpg
Yes, that event is hard to learn but fun to keep trying because there is always some room for improvement with such low grip levels. I won by a bit the first time in a fully leveled up Viper but lgained quite a lot more time with practice.

Yes, that event is hard to learn but fun to keep trying because there is always some room for improvement with such low grip levels. I won by a bit the first time in a fully leveled up Viper but lgained quite a lot more time with practice.

Tweaking this car a bit is pretty helpful. I turned on Traction Control and maxed out downforce for rear :P

oh great lastnight I just collected my summit rewards when the internet went down for 2 1/2 hrs which was most my game time gone and now psn is dead as a dodo...……… curse you interweb gods arrghhaa

I see the issues with the Drift car in a race.
Ugh.
Also what is the best air for the airrace?

I don't think there is one the leader boards are pretty mixed

Go Figure.
I had -10s
I missed a gate and then I missed the finish but did finish
🤬
Said I failed even though I had -6s (If it's only +2 for missing)
I had 4 seconds behind at finish.

Go Figure.
I had -10s
I missed a gate and then I missed the finish but did finish
🤬
Said I failed even though I had -6s (If it's only +2 for missing)
I had 4 seconds behind at finish.
If you want some AR loot but don't like the planes do the delivery AR mission f1 cars but still AR loot ;)

If you want some AR loot but don't like the planes do the delivery AR mission f1 cars but still AR loot ;)

I managed to get it.
With -14 seconds in perfect.
and I think -5 seconds at finish.

So it's all good.
That Drift race is just well :banghead:

I managed to get it.
With -14 seconds in perfect.
and I think -5 seconds at finish.

So it's all good.
That Drift race is just well :banghead:
hehe yeh I just went into the setups and used the nsx I won and set the car up like I do most my street cars and set max abs etc and then did ok

Back