The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Yes its well handy but I am starting to struggle to keep track of what cars ive setup so far I had to get a note pad and make a list like this
streetcars
viper..loot
audi r5..followers
f40..nitro
lambo lp610-4 ..money/followers

I set the lambo up with the extra followers perk and all bucks and popular affixs its great for making money its up to +35% cash and loads of followers I forget the % and im trying to do the same for each class :) we need a smart chap to make an app or something

The summit event for this week features six events with unskippable cutscenes where unless you have the last 10% of the event memorized perfectly, the AI will magically gain all the time from having no chance in the beginning vehicle classes, get ahead and have no time to catch up. Better yet it forces you to "win" no matter how fast of a total time the event is finished.
If events are ran in a mode where rankings are the deciding factor and not placement in races, there is no reason whatsoever to have rubberbanding AI that never mess up just to get in the way and prevent many people from "completing" an already longer than usual event.

I have a gut feeling that the Summit rolling out a new Platinum reward car every four weekly Summits (Evo X Red Fury in May, Huracan Performante in June) may be Ivory's new way of rolling out cars post-Season Pass.

Although it makes me wonder if they're eventually going to make these Summit reward cars available outside of the Summit after a certain period of time like they did in the first game. I don't think it would be fair to permanently lock away the Huracan Performante to just 3,000 people on each platform...

I have a gut feeling that the Summit rolling out a new Platinum reward car every four weekly Summits (Evo X Red Fury in May, Huracan Performante in June) may be Ivory's new way of rolling out cars post-Season Pass.

Although it makes me wonder if they're eventually going to make these Summit reward cars available outside of the Summit after a certain period of time like they did in the first game. I don't think it would be fair to permanently lock away the Huracan Performante to just 3,000 people on each platform...
Same with the Red Fury Evo.

I'm not convinced that's the case. Granted, the sample size is still rather small, but the Red Fury Evo is ultimately mostly an Evo with some different body parts. The Huracan Performante is probably just going to be another SR Huracan, but with some different bits and bops. There's definitely an emerging pattern there.

If they do want to reward those who take Summits ultra-serious with something you're never ever going to get any other way, I'd rather it be with slightly different versions of cars everyone else can buy anyway rather than a completely new, often-requested vehicle. Imagine having.. uh, what's an interesting performance vehicle that isn't just a different version of a car already in the game that people will definitely want.. is the McLaren Senna still relevant? If it is, imagine having *that* permanently locked behind platinuming a Summit rather than "just" another SR Huracan.

That all being said, given that they *did* make the cars available for purchase after a month in the first game, it's definitely possible that much the same applies here. We're just a few weeks short of finding out regardless.

I'm not convinced that's the case. Granted, the sample size is still rather small, but the Red Fury Evo is ultimately mostly an Evo with some different body parts. The Huracan Performante is probably just going to be another SR Huracan, but with some different bits and bops. There's definitely an emerging pattern there.

Actually the Red Fury is slightly different performance-wise from the standard Evo X. From what I've seen from the pros and testing it myself, the Red Fury has slightly higher on-paper stats and I think they have different niches; the standard car has better handling while the Red Fury has better straight-line performance.

The difference between the two is negligible though, but make of this what you will.

Can anyone tell the difference between the Beta Handling cars and their vanilla counterparts?
Feels alittle like what they did to the rallyX cars after the patch but I have won some pvp in the jag & bmw but you gotta be careful they are twichy I lowerd my steering linearity so I could catch the oversteer

completed this weeks summit last night and had to redo a few tonight I was kipperd and ended up 292th :) the beach section in the new ex event is knackerd you can bypass most the jumps;(

If you want to provide feedback on the Beta Handling vehicles, here is your chance to do so:

I think I got a good setup for my McLaren F1 Hypercar. I have an extra 19% increase for Followers and 12% for Bucks. It should help me grind faster.

This game is amazing when using bikes in first person view. Doing road trips is lovely. I've been making some videos of it.

And man, Destruction Derby is FUN. How I've never tried it? (just kidding, got the game some days ago)

I was looking back at pictures I've taken in this game, and I have a picture showing a big landscape, and I couldn't help notice the weird perspective of the landscape due to everything being set out on the flat, so I had a thought.

20180707150502_1.jpg

Is this map big enough to simulate the curvature of the earth? Because making a map this big on a flat canvas gives it a weird perspective look, as if it's constantly rising into the distance, only ending when the draw distance ends. I know the means don't justify the ends because it cost a lot to do, and it's not at all worth it when considering what sort of operation The Crew actually is. It would be big ask for a company who makes water go uphill. Especially as its only real purpose is to make the map look a bit more believable. But again, just a thought. Simulate a center of the earth, curve the overall map around that point (at a specific large/calculated distance) and create virtual gravity from that point so that vehicles could still move consistently at all points of the map. Maybe in 50 years this will be a good idea. :P

I wonder how you use a DR in the water and in the air?
Top 8 players have used it

But I am sitting at 59(Something) in gold so I should be able to get the car.

I wonder how you use a DR in the water and in the air?
Top 8 players have used it

But I am sitting at 59(Something) in gold so I should be able to get the car.
I think that means you get parts for those disciplines when you win the events.

I think the new Rally Raid event is pretty cool.

Only minor, but insignificant detail that really bothers me is that you can hear Latrell cheering you on at the start of the race. Yes, Latrell, the Street Racing mentor, cheering you on in a Rally Raid race. Shouldn't it be Tucker in his place instead?

I think the new Rally Raid event is pretty cool.

Only minor, but insignificant detail that really bothers me is that you can hear Latrell cheering you on at the start of the race. Yes, Latrell, the Street Racing mentor, cheering you on in a Rally Raid race. Shouldn't it be Tucker in his place instead?

In Hovercraft racing (Offroad discipline) you are racing with Sophia (freestyle queen) i think, they are just making crossovers like that. For me it doesn't matter I turned off dialogs so I don't need to listen to this awful voice acting.

In Hovercraft racing (Offroad discipline) you are racing with Sophia (freestyle queen) i think, they are just making crossovers like that. For me it doesn't matter I turned off dialogs so I don't need to listen to this awful voice acting.

See, at least that one makes sense since you're given the XT3 Hovercraft as a reward for completing the Freestyle campaign.

What I said earlier is quite literally just IT recycling the stock "cheering on" voice clips from Street Race in a Rally Raid race.

Back