The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I recently picked up this game because it was on sale and goddamn some of the events seem to be rather unfair. My first street race event required a level 80 car so I entered with my starter at 115. Came in last since everybody else was significantly faster and pulling away on the straights. Is this normal? Not trying to be mean but making me lose my first couple of races like that soured my experience.

@FT-1 I noticed that Wide Wide West has two different tracks which is cool :)

@maxi25 In stock form, your car isn't the best. For normal events, just try going for top 3 until you have good parts. You can also find crates in the world to get better quality parts depending on the color (Green = Normal, Blue = Rare, Purple/Pink = Epic, Yellow/Gold = Legendary)

Here is a link for the crate locations (they don't always appear in the same spot):

And here for car setups to help with the races:

Good luck and have fun :)

But the issue here is that I should have a chance at winning since I'm just starting out. Every race I enter the other cars just leave me in the dust while my own car can barely break 100 mph. I don't have these issues in GT or Forza or, well any other racing game I've played in all my years. I just don't think it's fair that you HAVE to modify your car excessively just to win your first couple of races when all the other racing games can be done with a stock or fairly stock car.

But the issue here is that I should have a chance at winning since I'm just starting out. Every race I enter the other cars just leave me in the dust while my own car can barely break 100 mph. I don't have these issues in GT or Forza or, well any other racing game I've played in all my years. I just don't think it's fair that you HAVE to modify your car excessively just to win your first couple of races when all the other racing games can be done with a stock or fairly stock car.
Thing is m8 its not like other racing games if you think of it as a car rpg game you will feel better work on your pilot points(stats) and move them about depending on the event(monster your about to fight) so you might have the best car (armour)but your player Is weak atm build him up and btw did you notice 2 or 3 easy time gains in that 1st race avoid 2 of the 3 jumps

Right. Not sure if you guys will believe me but this will be a fair amount of text. You have been warned.

Yesterday when I was playing, the game really screwed me over in basically everything. The vehicles just didn't have the get up and go like you would think they do. Proof of this was when my off-road buggy refused to go over 100 mph down a slope. How the hell does a buggy with nearly 500 hp not be capable of 100 mph downhill? Even my Audi TT took it's leisurely time getting to and over 100. It just felt like the game was purposely throttling back my cars. My nephew also experienced the same thing playing his file. His mustang took something like 12-13 seconds just getting to 60. Keep in mind we both just started playing so we have the beginner cars but still, pedal to the floor and that's the best it can do? Didn't matter if it was boats, planes, or cars, they all were slow at accelerating and speed. Not going to lie it left a bad impression on us. You go do several races in different categories and you come in last for all of them not because of you but the game holding you back.

Fast forward to today and all of a sudden my cars actually performed like they had power. My buggy was significantly faster than yesterday and testing my TT it also performed like it had spine. I could actually make some of the jumps that I came short on the day prior and could win races now. The game today compared to yesterday was on a totally different level. Hard to believe but I sunk a few hours into it today since the cars performed so much better. But it still confuses me. How come yesterday all the vehicles refused to accelerate but completely changed their tone today? What the hell was up with that?

Hmm, usually the slowness happens on Horizon with me, but that's just lag on my end. Not sure if it was the same with what you were experiencing. I never had that kind of issue playing The Crew.

Maxi what sys are you playing on btw pc/ps4 etc ? it could just be a sucky server connection or a throttle issue with your controller I've helped I few guys on ps4 when it turned out to be a trigger issue and they were not hitting the max throttle and a minor adjustment to the setting sorted it out.

@FT-1 I noticed that Wide Wide West has two different tracks which is cool :)

@maxi25 In stock form, your car isn't the best. For normal events, just try going for top 3 until you have good parts. You can also find crates in the world to get better quality parts depending on the color (Green = Normal, Blue = Rare, Purple/Pink = Epic, Yellow/Gold = Legendary)

Here is a link for the crate locations (they don't always appear in the same spot):

And here for car setups to help with the races:

Good luck and have fun :)

Thank you very much for this spreadsheet. I tried the tune for my Viper GTS and it made a noticeable difference 👍

Maxi what sys are you playing on btw pc/ps4 etc ? it could just be a sucky server connection or a throttle issue with your controller I've helped I few guys on ps4 when it turned out to be a trigger issue and they were not hitting the max throttle and a minor adjustment to the setting sorted it out.

I'm on ps4. Played again today and the issue returned so I quit. Don't have this problem playing GT Sport, Wreckfest, or even the original Crew, Getting very annoyed at this point honestly.

I'm on ps4. Played again today and the issue returned so I quit. Don't have this problem playing GT Sport, Wreckfest, or even the original Crew, Getting very annoyed at this point honestly.
Sounds like the same issue to me dude in settings lower the amount needed to hit full throttle a bit and try it again:idea:

Ran into something interesting while exploring.
Pic_20201025_134555_3840x2160.jpeg
Pic_20201025_134842_3840x2160.jpeg
Pic_20201025_135138_3840x2160.jpeg

It's along the Grand Canyon. Looks like an unused Aerobatics spot.

Managed to find a guide concerning the throttle issues so it's resolved for now I guess. Not gonna lie it's kinda so-so because those problems ruined the experience for us.

Managed to find a guide concerning the throttle issues so it's resolved for now I guess. Not gonna lie it's kinda so-so because those problems ruined the experience for us.
Well don't keep it to yourself m8 someone else might need the info

I'm finding this week's slalom challenge in The Summit is a better fit for the Jetsprint discipline. While the Jetsprint boat has a major deficit in terms of top speed, it completes the two U-turns with ease which I can't manage in the Powerboats. :boggled:

Last edited:
I'm finding this week's slalom challenge in The Summit is a better fit for the Jetsprint discipline. While the Jetsprint boat has a major deficit in terms of top speed, it completes the two U-turns with ease which I can't manage in the Powerboats. :boggled:
Try pushing forward on the trim it kind of helps or use the mk1 its pretty nimble:cheers:

Back