The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Technically, it's not really paid content. Yes, you do need to pay for CC packs, but it's like $10 for 100k.
You could also argue that you can (or could’ve) earned CC from daily contracts. However, as someone that doesn’t play the game too often, grinding to 80k CC within a reasonable timeframe isn’t a realistic scenario, so my only option is to buy the MTX, which I’m not too comfortable with, so that’s also kinda off the table.

I think the best-case scenario would’ve been an option to buy into the motorpass with Bucks, so that basically everybody has access to it, without resorting to MTX.

I mean, hey, it’s not too late for Ivory Tower/Ubisoft to change some things before the update actually releases, so who knows, right?

- Some vehicles will be locked to the paid tier of the pass (something they have been saying since launch they wouldnt do.. which was already broken earlier this year)

Just wanna clarify, IT has said that brand-new cars won't be locked behind a paywall. The GT500 and Chiron are already in the game with their base models, so having the Interceptor variants locked behind the pass isn't a break in that promise (it is a bit dirty, though, especially since variants usually have slightly altered performance figures). As long as they add the base model of the C8 & M8 Comp to the normal shop and/or Live Summit, then they're still good.

That being said, I do agree that the Interceptors should be part of the free battlepass, especially if they end up having majorly different performance from the base/free cars. So far, IT has been pretty good at making sure that variants aren't too much faster/slower than the normal cars, but I admit to having a decent amount of skepticism with things like this.

Just wanna clarify, IT has said that brand-new cars won't be locked behind a paywall. The GT500 and Chiron are already in the game with their base models, so having the Interceptor variants locked behind the pass isn't a break in that promise (it is a bit dirty, though, especially since variants usually have slightly altered performance figures). As long as they add the base model of the C8 & M8 Comp to the normal shop and/or Live Summit, then they're still good.

That being said, I do agree that the Interceptors should be part of the free battlepass, especially if they end up having majorly different performance from the base/free cars. So far, IT has been pretty good at making sure that variants aren't too much faster/slower than the normal cars, but I admit to having a decent amount of skepticism with things like this.
This is Ivory Tower we're on about, you know the police interceptors will most likely handle differently than their normal counterparts like they have done with the Summit editions and previous Vanity cars (Eclipse Star, which to be fair they made worse than the normal eclipse, Plymouth Freedom edition which was later turned to a summit car, and GT500 Road Force One.. which hasnt reappeared at all since its accidental release) so i dont give IVT any benefit of the doubt here, they know damn well what they are doing :(

p78
10K CC every week, takes you about 7 x 5mins a day , that's hardly a grind
Might want to hold yourself there, the blogpost about the pass went live yesterday and has mentioned that Daily Contracts are going away too, so you wont be able to make money back wither, worse of all the pass doesnt pay enough for itself.

https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/news/154-363577-16/introducing-the-motorpass

and guess what, the actual pass system is just Hobbies challenges. again.

Last edited:
It's live now on my end.

Rough 30 gigs in terms of the update size.

Edit: I was able to pull off the triple dub aka getting all 3 summit cars since I wasn't able to get the three cars before. (Two being not taking part of while The Brits summit meanwhile is where I learned the reality of summits)

The Crew® 2_20201125122627.png

Last edited:
What I am guessing is a "Summit" only reward got leaked out for credits/bucks before it was even released into the summit.

Yes and no - The RX-8 Thunderwave is supposed to be a Summit exclusive car, but it has already been available as a platinum prize twice.

I have just now started downloading the update. Is it worth the 80k CC for the Motorpass? I have about 95k CC and I assume there is no way to get more without paying real world money? All I want for the vehicles are the Mopars and the C8 Corvette.

Well I been playing it to long to start grinding all over again I was pretty close to moving on to another game but waited just to checkout the update and...… meh! I never was and never will be a cops and robbers fan and all this stuff just seems to convoluted and could not keep my interest :( oh well its been a fun 2 years I thought I would just play it a bit for fun while waiting on something decent to be released but pc3 and grid were let downs as well :( Seems like there is nothing yet worth playing on next gen so I ended up getting FH4&FM7 on pc.
Now for the tuff choice do I upgrade the pc with a RTX3070 and not get the ps5 or wait and get a ps5 my pc's not to bad atm seems to play FH4 alright locked to 72fps and mostly ultra if I shove a 3070 in there it should be fine and able to keep up with most new games I hope
Ending stats were......
59days played
54.798miles driven
136million
4hr30mins longest session

I should check my current stats. I've been working on getting every vehicle and max them out. I'm also almost done getting Ace on everything, still have a few Aerobatics (which aren't really bad if you have the right set), Jetsprint (God help me with those) and the new Chase events (not too difficult, the robbers are a bit quicker and maneuverable than the easier difficulties).

I should check my current stats. I've been working on getting every vehicle and max them out. I'm also almost done getting Ace on everything, still have a few Aerobatics (which aren't really bad if you have the right set), Jetsprint (God help me with those) and the new Chase events (not too difficult, the robbers are a bit quicker and maneuverable than the easier difficulties).
Jetsprint on the wheel was so much easier I would be 10/20sec quicker than all my buds having the pitch axis separated from left and right made it easy(ish)

You still got 2 months to get the challenges done. The Dailies get released... daily, and usually they sneak in one challenge that's worth 20 stars that you have until the end of the 2 months to do.

I think the only 20 star challenge right now is completing a Chase event with less than 5 seconds left. Not super difficult, but it took me a while to get it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back