The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
And in case you guys missed it:
3years_315312.png

THE CREW 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE

Calling all Petrolheads and 5-10s!

Saturday 2nd December marks The Crew’s third birthday. We’re thrilled to have welcomed more than 13 million of you over the course of these three fantastic years, and have put together a special community challenge to celebrate.

To participate, simply complete The Initiation story mission in The Crew between Friday 1st and Thursday 7th December.

All participants will receive the Mazda MX5 and its brand new Circuit Spec, and 10 random players on each platform (Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC) will be granted guaranteed access to our future Beta test!

mazda_315330.png

I haven't touched the game in a year. It's times when i think about getting back on it but then I'll change my mind. The longevity to me is gone.

Same with me, though I put 100's of hours worth into it when I was playing it, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. For me, after Forza Horizon 3 came out I just quit playing it. Granted, they are two way different games, I am definitely not comparing them at all, it's just that FH3 took away any desire for me to play any other open world racers for quite awhile. I recently benched FH3 only for FM7.

Same with me, though I put 100's of hours worth into it when I was playing it, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. For me, after Forza Horizon 3 came out I just quit playing it. Granted, they are two way different games, I am definitely not comparing them at all, it's just that FH3 took away any desire for me to play any other open world racers for quite awhile. I recently benched FH3 only for FM7.

I guess you could say that, yeah, but I kind of stopped playing The Crew because it really felt like it was just aping off of other games in the genre in it's expansions, when they probably could have made something more original especially in regards to how good the free roam aspects worked.

This is more or less wishful thinking for me, but I seriously hope FH4 takes some inspiration from The Crew and offers actual off-roading parts and conversions.

felt like it was just aping off of other games in the genre in it's expansions
Maybe CAU, but Wild Run? I cant remember any other racing game that use similar asynchronous multiplayer idea. Do you know another game with those mad monstertrucks and dragsters? Also different Summits all over the USA worked perfectly and freedrive challenge expands free roam aspects alot. Even CAU was quite impressive with how they implement new mode for expansion holders and everybody else.

Maybe CAU, but Wild Run? I cant remember any other racing game that use similar asynchronous multiplayer idea. Do you know another game with those mad monstertrucks and dragsters? Also different Summits all over the USA worked perfectly and freedrive challenge expands free roam aspects alot. Even CAU was quite impressive with how they implement new mode for expansion holders and everybody else.

The entire festival atmosphere in Wild Run being pretty liberally based off Horizon was what I was referring to.

The entire festival atmosphere in Wild Run being pretty liberally based off Horizon was what I was referring to.
Real world car festivals, no? Again, large part of WR based on dragters, motocross and drift events, which isnt in Horizon.

In order to truly stand by our promise, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release date to between april/september 2018.

Yikes.jpg

Here's hoping it ends up being closer to April than September because you know... The sequel to the most highly rated arcade racer this gen (Forza Horizon 4) is bound to release in the Autumn 2018 window.

Now I remember when I was looking around that PSN store had a release of 6/30
Which is fairly in the mix.

Here's hoping it ends up being closer to April than September because you know
April 16-May 30, if you asked me. Summer is dead season, autumn is Forza territory(they failed in battle with FH2 back in 2014). Current test server isnt in such a bad state that they need +6 month.

I know you're not supposed to talk much about the game in it's Alpha phase, but is it better than the first one? I'm still downloading mine.

In every aspect. The Crew as it should be. Still lacking in some aspects, but in the first one they were awful ;)
Intriguing, considering I enjoyed the first one well enough but was glad I got it for a discount. Maybe I won't wait on this one.

Oddly enough i still enjoy crew. Its one of the only games i consistently come back to. I just enjoy the idea that you can drive a drag spec across country and make money but plotting it a course. The car selection is good, the aftermarket parts are good. But most of all, it's a real open world game.

Even the map in payback (which is great) is tiny compared to crew.

I'm actually horrible about plotting some crazy long course and after two and a half hours, quitting because im not halfway done.

I feel like, if they just added a few cars and redid the graphics I would still jump all over the new game. I personally don't care about the boats and planes, but i will be buying crew 2.

it's a real open world game
They really expand that aspect in the second, exploration and cruising becomes one of the way to play and even to progress. Generally, the game become more sandbox-like, you can really chose your playstyle and vehicle types and even ignore what you dont like. Also, get ready, that game becomes more of an MMORPG and still not your average 20h singleplayer NFS.

I personally don't care about the boats and planes
I think they done this the best way possible, was skeptical about bikes in WR, but now raid bikes is one of my main vehicles in TC1, same with boats and planes in TC2.

looks like beta to me
quality wise. Still lacking in some very important aspects

Back