The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Looks like, they redone all of the progression. Players leveling is gone, "extreme points" converted into "fame" which is generated by stunts and activities. Bucks and CrewCredits are back. Car level cap is individual for each spec(200 for dift spec, 250 for street spec) and we will see 7 performance parts instead of 11. Performance and visual part are gained in similar way - after completing any event you gain coordinates of loot box near by, which contains one unique item. Car specs are back, but we dont know how exactly they work(producer said that customization is deeper than that in Crew1).

Here you can see director mode:

Here you can see map size changes

Also, there are 10 regions instead of 4 in Crew1.

Next couple of weeks for the phases of beta.
Finally some news.
Can't wait to get into the mix.

It's not so much the physics I've heard people bash it for, it's been more the glitches and inconsistencies...and the scale and representation of certain locations.

I've still not played it for the single biggest complaint levelled against this, NFS2015, and others...🤬 Always On-line.

Always online will always be the Crew's biggest problem. Especially since I'm sure they'll shut down the Crew 1 soon.

For me it's not really the physics that are the problem but the complete lack of individuality between cars. Test Drive Unlimited 1 was brilliant fun because not only were the physics just realistic enough to be fun, and require a bit of skill, but every car felt different and that makes any racing game so much more fun to play. Horizon 3 as well. The cars feel different enough in Horizon 3, so it's fun, they don't feel different at all in the crew.

The way the cars drive in the Crew isn't terrible, it's just boring that they all feel the same. It also completely devalues any DLC when they all feel the same too.

Is it me or would The Crew 2 greatly benefit without a currency system? I don't know, but it seemed that The Crew 1 would be right at home as a pure sandbox game where you could do whatever the hell you wanted... although from what I saw (I never played The Crew, so I could be very wrong) the grinding for money seemed to restrict that heavily. Any idea?

Is it me or would The Crew 2 greatly benefit without a currency system? I don't know, but it seemed that The Crew 1 would be right at home as a pure sandbox game where you could do whatever the hell you wanted... although from what I saw (I never played The Crew, so I could be very wrong) the grinding for money seemed to restrict that heavily. Any idea?

I highly disagree just because that would seriously take away the reward and motivation for playing for most players.

Plus, the fact that you can test drive any car in my opinion makes the grind much more bearable.

I'm waiting to see what changes they made to the map (Niagara Falls for example), driving physics, AI (rubber banding is crazy...) and how much of a grind it is.

Smart loot basically killed the game for me.

I got a hands on with this on the weekend.

Looks gorgeous, much better than The Crew. But car handling felt the same.

Did you find out anything about the customization? And was the whole map available to play on or it was limited for now?

Yeah, wasn't this around the time the alpha was supposed to be released? wouldn't be surprised if there's an open beta in February.

I never had a big issue with the handling in the first crew so that's not really a concern for me. Just hoping for a fun experience that's gonna give me even more freedom than the first game. And of course has longevity.

I think it needs some kind of currency system but definitely not the one from the first game, I completed the whole story mode without having enough money to buy anything other than the Mustang I started with, it kind of wrecked the game for me.

I think it needs some kind of currency system but definitely not the one from the first game, I completed the whole story mode without having enough money to buy anything other than the Mustang I started with, it kind of wrecked the game for me.

Really? I had a decent selection of vehicles but most came from the DLC cars.

Bought all cars from vanilla game in three weeks. Fraction missions and PvP FTW :lol: IMO, current(TC1) system is far better than release one. For example, Forza is much more grindy if you want all cars and dont have VIP(even with vip i dont have all cars in FH3 after 330 hours and 100% completion of game and addons).

Vehicles and Disciplines(trailers,videos from expos, beta leaks) :

Asphalt
[Sr] - Street
[Hc] - Hypercar
[Df] - Drift
[Dg] - Drag
Dirt
[Rx] - Rallycross
[Mx] - Motocross
[R] - Raid
Pure Racing
[C] - Circuit
[Co] - Circuit open wheel
[Pw] - Powerboat
[Ar] - Air Race
Freestyle
[A] - Aerobatics
[Mt] - Monster Truck
[Js] - Jetsprint

Dodge Challenger [Sr][Car]
Dodge Viper SRT 2013[Sr][Car]
BMW M5 2011 [Sr],[Df][Car]
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2017[Sr][Car]
Nissan GTR [Sr][Car]
BMW S1000RR [Sr]
Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 [Sr][Car]
Aston Martin Vanquish [Sr][Car]
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 2013 [Sr][Car]
Ford Mustang '15 [Sr][Car]
Ducati Diavel [Sr][Bike]
Ducati Monster 1200S [Sr][Bike]
Mercedes-AMG GT [Sr][Car]
Ford Focus RS '16 [Sr][Car]
Audi TT-RS [Sr][Car]
Dodge Challenger '70 [Sr][Car]
Dodge Charger '12 [Sr,Hc][Car]
370Z Nismo [Sr,Df][Car]
Charger '69 [Sr][Car]
Shelby GT500 [Sr,Df][Car]
Hot Rod [Sr][Car]
Mazda RX-7 [Sr],[Df][Car]
Chevrolet Corvette C2 [Sr][Car]
Chevrolet Corvette C3 [Sr][Car]
Chevrolet Impala [Sr][Car]
Indian Dark Horse 2015 [Sr][Bike]
Harley Davidson 883 Iron [Sr][Bike][Preorder Bonus]
Abarth 500 [Sr],[Mt][Car]
Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2015 [Sr][Car]
Maserati MC12 [Hc][Car]
Pagani Huayra [Hc][Car]
Koenigsegg Regera [Hc][Car]
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 [Rx][Car]
Nissan 240z [Rx][Car]
Ford Focus RS '10 [Rx],[R][Car]
Mini Cooper Countryman [Rx][Car]
Lotus Exige S [Rx],[Sr][Car]
Lancia 037 [Rx][Car]
Abarth 124 [Rx][Car]
Lancia Delta S4 [Rx][Car]
Kawasaki KX450F [Mx][Bike]
KTM 450EXC [Mx,R][Bike]
Buggy [R][Car]
Hummer H1[R][Car]
Ford F-150 Race truck [R][Car]
BMW R1200 GS Adventure [R][Bike]
Jeep Wrangler [R][Car]
Mini Cooper Countryman All4Racing [R][Car]
DCB M31 [Pw][Boat]
Vector V40R [Pw][Boat]
Proto Alpha 01 2018 [Co]
Pilatus PC21 [A][Airplane]
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 2012 [Mt][Car]
Mercedes-Benz AMG-C-Coupe [C][Car][Preorder Bonus]
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 [C][Car]
Pagani Zonda R [C][Car]
Aston Martin Vulcan [C][Car]
BMW M4 F82 [C][Car]
Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 2013 [C][Car]
Jetsprint Proto Leopard [Js][Boat]
Maserati Grandturismo [Car]
Ferrari 458 Speciale [Car]
Zivko Edge 540 [Airplane]
Strega P-51D [Airplane]
BMW M2 [Car]
Ford GT[Car]
Kawasaki Z1000ABS [Bike]
Ducati Panigale R [Bike]
Saleen s7 Twin Turbo [Car]

Last edited:
I'm now really looking forward to playing this game because the RX-7 now sounds like an RX-7 should!

Apparently there is/was a plane and helicopter wishlist up on Facebook for plane enthusiasts, seems to last 'til the 19th so you can probably vote on which of these planes you would want to see in the game.
Some are modern American military jets like the B-2 and the F-22, civilian planes like Cessnas, a Corvus Racer and others for stunt planes, WW2 aircraft like the Yak-3, Fw 190, and a Spitfire, or even a Fokker Dr.1, an Avro Vulcan, an Airbus, a BD-5 or a Chinese J-10

Last edited:
No Facebook for me, but that's cool! I didn't expect the game to have real planes, and I like that it won't just be stunt planes.

Seeing that this game is about the closest I’ll get to Forza Horizon on the PS4 I’m super excited. It looks like the multiple vehicle styles have been implemented well.

Wasn't it suppose to be a beta
Still between alpha and beta, very limited accesses

New leaked vehicles:
audi R8 v10 plus 2016 - S/R
ferrari F12 berlinetta - S/R
ferrari F40 - S/R
Ford GT 2017 - S/R

ferrari Laferrari - H/C
koenigsegg agera R - D/F H/C
maclaren P1 - H/C
porsce 918 spyder 2015 - H/C

ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione - T/C
ferrari 458 italia gt2 - T/C
ferrari 488 GT3 - T/C
ferrari F40 LM - T/C
mercedes amg GT3 2016 - T/C
mercedes c63 - T/C
mercedes amg C coupe 2012 - T/C

Proto brawler 2016 - J/S
Proto hornet - J/S
Proto offshore MK1 - R/W
Proto offshore MK2 - R/W

RedBull RB13 2017 - A

Still between alpha and beta, very limited accesses

New leaked vehicles:
audi R8 v10 plus 2016 - S/R
ferrari F12 berlinetta - S/R
ferrari F40 - S/R
Ford GT 2017 - S/R

ferrari Laferrari - H/C
koenigsegg agera R - D/F H/C
maclaren P1 - H/C
porsce 918 spyder 2015 - H/C

ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione - T/C
ferrari 458 italia gt2 - T/C
ferrari 488 GT3 - T/C
ferrari F40 LM - T/C
mercedes amg GT3 2016 - T/C
mercedes c63 - T/C
mercedes amg C coupe 2012 - T/C

Proto brawler 2016 - J/S
Proto hornet - J/S
Proto offshore MK1 - R/W
Proto offshore MK2 - R/W

RedBull RB13 2017 - A

Car list looks really good but im more curious about customization. I'm kinda expecting a full blown livery Editor. Also has there been any saying about the game still being online only?

Back