The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Yeah, getting platinum on Xbox is pretty easy. Imagine if Summits were Cross-Play! That would be fun... maybe not.

Yeah, getting platinum on Xbox is pretty easy. Imagine if Summits were Cross-Play! That would be fun... maybe not.

I suppose the trade-off will be not having to wait an eternity to find enough players to start an online playlist... But I quite like collecting special edition vehicles. ;)

Just got the game today I like it but I wish there was a restart option for the races when you crash/mess up. I’m used to Forza’s rewind feature too so that annoys me.

I don't really see them adding a rewind to the game. Plus, a majority of the events are stupid easy.

Downtown LA East on Ace for example. You can literally take any car and still win by 20 seconds. It's also a good grinder, I get about 40k Bucks in under 4 minutes.

I don't really see them adding a rewind to the game. Plus, a majority of the events are stupid easy.

Downtown LA East on Ace for example. You can literally take any car and still win by 20 seconds. It's also a good grinder, I get about 40k Bucks in under 4 minutes.
I didn’t mean they need a rewind feature but a restart option would be nice instead of restarting the game, I’m getting used to it but it’s still annoying if I mess up. I did win a few races with a Suzuki bike and had a reasonable lead on a few, I’m at $63,000 right now. I did the Las Vegas race a few times.

Just got the game today I like it but I wish there was a restart option for the races when you crash/mess up. I’m used to Forza’s rewind feature too so that annoys me.
If you press Triangle or Y depending on your controller, it should bring up a small menu on the right that has a retry option which will the restart the race.

Hey everyone, I haven't post here in a longtime. On PS4, I'm currently at 679th place with 1,299,437 points. Feel free to add me if you want because I like to compare my summit scores with friends. Just want to see how's everyone doing in the summits.

Hey everyone, I haven't post here in a longtime. On PS4, I'm currently at 679th place with 1,299,437 points. Feel free to add me if you want because I like to compare my summit scores with friends. Just want to see how's everyone doing in the summits.
Oh close to me I am around 760 with128m but I don't use any of the sad short cuts/cheats the noobtubers think are fair. Maybe we have raced in pvp the name looks familiar :)

Oh close to me I am around 760 with128m but I don't use any of the sad short cuts/cheats the noobtubers think are fair. Maybe we have raced in pvp the name looks familiar :)
Well I just checked The Hub and I am now at rank 742nd place. I haven’t touch pvp in like over a month or so.

You guys on the consoles have it easy with the Summits. Meanwhile, I'm on PC just battling to stay under 3000 :)

On Xbox you usually get platinum wth 1M pts. Right now you need 100k for silver(top 15000), 350k for gold(top 8000) and 950k for platinum. On the other hand top 1000 look pretty similar across all platforms.

TheCrew2 2020-05-05 08-34-08-911.jpg

You guys have no idea how hard this was, with a Keyboard no doubt...

@GTvsForza Impressive stuff! Next 12 hours must be pretty tense for you. :scared:

EDIT: As of writing, the Platinum requirement for Xbox stands at 960k, and even that is higher than average.

I should be fine with what I have. Before this, I was in Rank 2300. That's when I started panicking.

Its been the hardest yet on ps4 149k people trying im still around 800 place but haven't been feeling well so didn't crew up with someone for the drag event im losing lots there with only 14sec by myself :yuck:

I had a final push with one hour remaining. I improved the Honda race by 3 seconds and managed a good draft for the Speed Trap and hit 440 in the 'Vette.

This was definitely a Summit to work for, probably more than the Magma Divo the first time it came.

I've been doing this Summit for the last 4 days, improving and improving...

I'm on Xbox One, it was really fun. Can't imagine the competition on the PC tho.

BTW, I got the RX8 Thunderwave, a really sweet car apart from the yellow seats... painted mine black using liveries...

And something else just appeared in the HQ!?? Looks like the Red Fury lancer but blue... and it's drift spec.

Kpsw4Ym.png

This summit was the hardest one I ever played on PC and actually made me feel unsure if I would be able to get it or not. For the first time I actually had to try to improve my scores to stay in the platinum threshold unlike every other summit where doing one run per event would be enough.
But why is that anyway? I don't think there's anything special about this car, I mean compared to the other stuff we had that were more appealing like the Performante, Carrera GT, both Bugattis. Could it be because everyone is bored in quarantine so they have more time to tryhard in the summit?

But why is that anyway? I don't think there's anything special about this car, I mean compared to the other stuff we had that were more appealing like the Performante, Carrera GT, both Bugattis. Could it be because everyone is bored in quarantine so they have more time to tryhard in the summit?

I think the reason is two-fold; yes, people have more time to invest in The Summt due to current events but I would argue the RX-8 holds as much appeal as the other cars you mentioned because of the cult following JDM performance cars have.

The vehicle requirements may have also been a factor - Nothing was particularly expensive and the only vehicles I didn't own prior to The Summit were the Kawasaki bike and the Eclipse, which only set me back 400k Credits or so.

I think the reason is two-fold; yes, people have more time to invest in The Summt due to current events but I would argue the RX-8 holds as much appeal as the other cars you mentioned because of the cult following JDM performance cars have.

The vehicle requirements may have also been a factor - Nothing was particularly expensive and the only vehicles I didn't own prior to The Summit were the Kawasaki bike and the Eclipse, which only set me back 400k Credits or so.
Interesting, I never thought about how the cost of the required cars can affect that and it makes sense since most of the summits that had a hypercar reward also required an expensive hypercar to participate.

And something else just appeared in the HQ!?? Looks like the Red Fury lancer but blue... and it's drift spec.
I saw the EVO too. However I didn't tried it since I entered the showroom immediately just to realize the car wasn't there. I wonder what could it be... a teaser?

Main reason the summits are getting harder is the total asshat on noobtube showing everyone how to break the game and win at any cost skill and honour be dammed.

Well with this weeks summit easy enough but being an actual racing fan I cant bring myself to use all the dirty cheats on Latrell's and all of a sudden 3 or 4 guys who added me are 30/50secs ahead in every other driving event I was beating them or it was pretty close meh! steel toecap time :banghead:

Expensive week this week especially for a relative newbie like me who only has 35 cars...!

I've got the Street cars levelled up to max, but still need to level up the Touring Cars and Hypercars some more before they get to max.

Not even touched the boats and planes yet. Huge time sink this game but very addictive :D

There is the 30% off Bundle for the 5 cars in the Summit, but I doubt I could even get to that "30% off" total in a week (3.3m credits!).

So far, I've only played this morning and earned enough to buy one car (the F40). Still four more to go :crazy:

Going to try to get at least one Ferrari of each type, the TC is next and then a Hypercar if I can.

Next week will be cheaper for me as I'm completely useless at Drift (only been able to complete one event!) which eliminates one of the Summit cars for me.

PS - Still no news on the Hobbies yet? They are due to go live on 25th May I believe so we might get an info blowout around the middle of next week when the Summit changes over, or will they wait until the 25th for that?

The fact that there is a new Menu heading for Hobbies alongside "Pilot" and "Vehicles" in the top menu suggests to me whatever it is will be extensive. Personally I'm hoping for some map orientated additions to encourage further exploration :)

@sirjim73 Great to hear you are still enjoying the game! You got the game at a good time - Before the addition of PvP, daily challenges and of course The Summit bringing along new events, there was virtually no endgame beyond grinding followers for icon cars. The Crew 2 is far more decked out with activities to do now! :)

As for hobbies, we haven't been given news about it yet but I would imagine we would hear more about it next week. Based on the roadmap that was released at the beginning of the month, it should release alongside the Pole Position Summit. I'm really curious to see what it entails - given how it is in a totally seperate category, it could include extreme sports such as skiing and skydiving. That'll bring a totally new dynamic to the game if that's the case! 👍

Back